• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy RedStone

The setting reminds me a lot of Trails in the Sky actually. I'm interested, although I do have one question:

In group RPs I've often tried to use a character whose magical strength is linked directly to the current Moon phase. That alone I assume is okay, however other prominent features include a unicorn horn and rabbit ears. Considering what's in the lore section for Ferox, would this be a problem? (Other solutions for this kind of thing I've used in the past would be making her into another race altogether, or making her literally from the moon, making her connection make a little more sense as well as bypassing any racial complications. Often both, an idea which I'm a big fan of XD)

If not that's okay, I can find another character to use, but I've been looking for somewhere to develop her character more is all XD

I've already got plenty of ideas for a character in a world like this, and I'd love to join. I do have one question, however. Can Ramalite itself be "drained" of its quality? Is it able to be overworked and become less powerful through too much use?

REJOICE YOU HAVE ATTAINED MY ATTENTION MORTAL! Yeah so uh very interesting idea and world I would love to be a part of it. Though there is so much information I wouldn't even know where to start but I try to slowly digest it all. Also what is a whim? I don't entirely understand how that works and how we come up with one.

No worries; my explanation wasnā€™t as direct as it could have been as Iā€™m trying to keep ā€œwhimsā€ more open-ended than they are in my head canon. To start, think of a personā€™s aptitude for magic being limited to either a certain element or innate physical property (increased strength, endurance, dexterity, hearing, etc.). Instead of someone who is attuned to, say, fire being able to perform the same magical feats as someone else with the same affinity, he/she might be able to heat the air around them (think thermokinesis) while the other person is able to heat the molecules in items they touch to the point of melting them. Whims are more akin to what media has dubbed ā€œsuper powersā€ than the spell book variety - though your character can still utilize ā€œspellsā€ if you wish.

Let me know if you want me to clarify anything further.

The setting reminds me a lot of Trails in the Sky actually. I'm interested, although I do have one question:

In group RPs I've often tried to use a character whose magical strength is linked directly to the current Moon phase. That alone I assume is okay, however other prominent features include a unicorn horn and rabbit ears. Considering what's in the lore section for Ferox, would this be a problem? (Other solutions for this kind of thing I've used in the past would be making her into another race altogether, or making her literally from the moon, making her connection make a little more sense as well as bypassing any racial complications. Often both, an idea which I'm a big fan of XD)

If not that's okay, I can find another character to use, but I've been looking for somewhere to develop her character more is all XD

That character will work perfectly fine! And yes, Iā€™d say listing her as a Ferox would be the best description in this setting.

Looks interesting little bit confused on the confines of character creation like what races and the like might we be able to use

Whoops, looks like I may have been a tad more on the tired side last night than I realized. Currently I have two established humanoid races on Igris - Humans and Ferox. If you want to utilize another race, however, let me know. If I feel like it would fit into the dynamics Iā€™ve woven for this world I have no problem incorporating them. (To some degree Iā€™m trying to steer away from the Tolkien classics.)

I've already got plenty of ideas for a character in a world like this, and I'd love to join. I do have one question, however. Can Ramalite itself be "drained" of its quality? Is it able to be overworked and become less powerful through too much use?

Yes, as an energy source - and one that is removed from the very energy (magic) that created it - Ramalite is prone to deterioration and destruction from overuse. In addition to possessing less magical output, low grade Ramalite isnā€™t capable of handling the same magic input as higher grade samples. Too much magic being injected into poor quality stones can result in them shattering and thereby being rendered useless for continued use. Many Ramalite cores used for technology have to be replaced over time - dependent on the length of use and the degree of energy being sapped from it - due to loss of function.

PeanutLemur PeanutLemur
Any plans for religions in the setting?
Yes, actually. (I even have a tentative language made for the setting, though Iā€™m opting to leave it out of this RP for the time being.) I plan on posting info about them in the Lore section later. There are three currently - one based on Mayan/Native American religions, one akin to classic Greek/Roman beliefs, and one similar to Christian/Jewish/Islamic beliefs.

So are we still in planning phase and do we have a place to make characters?
Largely in the prep phase still. I posted this thread under the assumption that I'd have to bump it for interest; hence, the reason I didn't have the Lore thread set up from the get-go. (Figured I'd have more time to get that together while kidnapping folks. Whoops.)

There is a designated character thread up and running - you can access it from this link here.

Largely in the prep phase still. I posted this thread under the assumption that I'd have to bump it for interest; hence, the reason I didn't have the Lore thread set up from the get-go. (Figured I'd have more time to get that together while kidnapping folks. Whoops.)

There is a designated character thread up and running - you can access it from this link here.
Kidnapping?!

I would love to be don't wanna be kidnapped! :xFtongue:

OKAY *deep breath inhaled here*
1. is this still open!? 2. Why didn't I decide to re-check the interest pages sooner than a month //T^T 3. I HAVE AN AMAZING CHARACTER IDEA BUT DEFIANTLY NEEDS APPROVAL SOMEONE MESSAGE ME THATS A HIGHER UP IN THIS 4. Uh- I just wanted an even number, m-meow?

Hey, random participant here. I have no idea as to what the GM thinks or decides, but we have already started with our first mission. However, they are pretty cool so I THINK this is still open but we will have to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back