• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Redcliffe Village] The First Step

Peng Deming
Interactions: Develius Develius D. Rex D. Rex
samurai_warriors__yoshitsugu_by_batensan_d8alhzp-fullview.jpg

Peng watched Mr.Baker and the maids get to work from his position located near the center of the carts. He noted that Baker took some more encouragement from Dashi to get into the hands on work, it seems the cowboy viewed himself more as a leader rather then one to work amongst his followers. While one might point the finger at Peng and say the same thing, he had a counterpoint. He was a man of planning, a waste of talent doing hands on work and instead better suited to stand back and see the bigger picture. He also tried not to give orders, merely suggestions that the wise would follow.

From his position he spotted the two maids coming towards him. He quickly adjusted the cloak and hat to make sure they hadn't fallen loose. Turning to the two women he returned there bows with one of his own, after all he was only a hired overseer, not their actual senior. Plus the work and their abilities made them worthy of his respect. Standing up straight he raised his right hand with index finger extended towards the 6th cart in line. "Herbs and spices for cooking are on the right side of the cart, left side stores herbs for medicinal purposes. I've marked each box with identifiers in case they shifted during the journey. Medical supplies are marked with a red cross, food has been marked by a symbol of a fork and spoon crossed over each other." as he finished speaking he brought his arms together to form an X, then let his arms fall back to his side.

Peng had gone through and painted the simple marks on the various different types of supplies to keep them organized. Thanks to his previous life he had a strong distaste for logistical mix ups, so before they had set off he had placed the marks through the convoy to make sure that any possible logistical nightmare could be avoided. Combine that with the fact the better this went the better he looked meant the rest it had caused him to lose was worth it.

Zahrah Fiore
Mentions: Dashi D. Rex D. Rex | Katriel Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid

Although Zahrah would gladly get a peddle to slap some dust out of Dashi, the offer to air out nobles was suddenly changed into the topic of apparel. Then again, not everyone was a plush golem, so perhaps foxy fur wasn't as easy to make less stuffy? Either way, it was the next topic that was a whole lot more interesting. Well, the second next part. The whole part about townfolk was something that annoyed Zahrah greatly. They knew it was wrong, no matter how sturdy or hard-working you were, changing times to better accommodate the limits of the Humanoid body was always beneficial. However, they didn't have their databases to back them up. How did one prove something without direct internet or database access? This was weird. Was it okay to just make stuff up like Dashi was doing? It felt pretty wrong, but Zahrah wasn't sure what the alternative was.

Then again, was the next part that baffled Zahrah the most. Audibly so, as they gasped. “Oh, my! Healing? That does indeed pose a very unpredictable variable in all my earlier hypotheses!” It was quite shocking for them to have such a large gap of information on a subject so relevant. “Are you really a few hundred years old? I wouldn't give you a day past thirty, with such a nice shine to your fur and all~” Zahrah wasn't sure how fox-folk aged, having never met one before, but hundreds of years felt extraordinary old. “Well, thank you for your lesson, mister fox, I've realised I should check a lot of my hypothesis in this new place!”

As Zahrah listened to Katriel, they realised something frightening. Their language modules! They were no longer capable of speaking pretty much every language ever put on the web, but instead had to rely on... just what they knew? This was odd. “I'm sorry, miss, I'm not sure what gauche is or where I'm supposed to comme.” Then again, overall, the vibe was good. “I'm glad it makes you happy though! It makes me happy too!”

Zahrah looked back to wave at the fox and his companions, as they were dragged after Katriel. “It's fun to be beautiful yes! Although, if people can't afford it, then they won't be happy, so wouldn't it really never be good to do for free?” That was one thing that bothered them a bit. As they neared the tent, Zahrah also remembered the other thing. “Ah, I don't think the Count will happy to see me. He doesn't understand logic well, so he kicked me out after I asked someone that looked sickly if they were okay. Can you image? Isn't it a lot more rude to just assume someone is okay even though they might be dying? Then you won't even know if you should help them!”

"Oh, quite the flatterer you, hohoho. Yes. I am indeed quite old. But you have quite the eye for age, as it was quite the miracle I am as young now that I am. Lest our dear Katriel be married to furry prune. And none of use would want that." He laughed and let Katriel drag off the youth.

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
"Hoo, so many children these days. So many. Good to see, good to see. Need more of them." He said to himself through the pipe in his teeth as he looked over the caravan. Peng and Jeb now seemed to have everything under control. But he could perhaps be of some further use in helping them along.

With steps helped along by his cane, to the nearby crowd near his own wagon. Where some volunteers were already helping his half a dozen hired hands. "Dear townsfolk," he said to them gently, "Thank you much for your help. We will be able to get this unloaded in no time. If someone could please let Master Peng know where your storehouses are, we can maybe use some of these wagons to make it a bit easier. Especially the building supplies we brought. Or however it is the mayor here wishes to do things. Master Peng is the man to see."

He looked back towards Katriels caravan and smiled. It didn't take long for the words of "toys" to spread out among what children were here, and they gathered as expected. Now, its been a while since he was a pup, but if he was in their shoes he would mostly certainly try to get underfoot.

So, the old Baron reached into the back of his cart, and pulled out an old bamboo pole with a string at the end. Well worn with age and use. And he walked over there. "Come now, children. Let's not be under the feet of the adults now, they have work to do. I need to rest my weary bones. Maybe some of you can help me find a good spot to catch some fish. It might be a hot minute till dinner, what say you all we ruin our appetites with some stone fried fish and frogs, eh? And goodness knows I'm none too fast to catch any crickets for bait. Go find your rods too, I bet Miss Claudia might be happy to add our extra catch to today's dinner." And with that, he would take what children wished to go, to go do a little fishing in the river and keep them out of the loaders hair. And maybe brighten their day a bit with a few stories.

Using ability Charisma, to help up the morale of the people.
E grade ability
Cooldown: 1 post

Leadership F, Persuasion F, Character Grade E

Using ones natural charisma, you focus it one those around you to convince them of your words or ideas. Used in conjuction with a speech or a snippet of wisdom or inspiration. People can trust you know what your doing, and have their interests at heart.

For maximum effect, it is best used when focused on one person where the individual has the speakers full attention. Effect may be reduced when addressing crowds at narrators discretion.

Peng Deming
Interactions: Develius Develius D. Rex D. Rex
View attachment 1017162

Peng watched Mr.Baker and the maids get to work from his position located near the center of the carts. He noted that Baker took some more encouragement from Dashi to get into the hands on work, it seems the cowboy viewed himself more as a leader rather then one to work amongst his followers. While one might point the finger at Peng and say the same thing, he had a counterpoint. He was a man of planning, a waste of talent doing hands on work and instead better suited to stand back and see the bigger picture. He also tried not to give orders, merely suggestions that the wise would follow.

From his position he spotted the two maids coming towards him. He quickly adjusted the cloak and hat to make sure they hadn't fallen loose. Turning to the two women he returned there bows with one of his own, after all he was only a hired overseer, not their actual senior. Plus the work and their abilities made them worthy of his respect. Standing up straight he raised his right hand with index finger extended towards the 6th cart in line. "Herbs and spices for cooking are on the right side of the cart, left side stores herbs for medicinal purposes. I've marked each box with identifiers in case they shifted during the journey. Medical supplies are marked with a red cross, food has been marked by a symbol of a fork and spoon crossed over each other." as he finished speaking he brought his arms together to form an X, then let his arms fall back to his side.

Peng had gone through and painted the simple marks on the various different types of supplies to keep them organized. Thanks to his previous life he had a strong distaste for logistical mix ups, so before they had set off he had placed the marks through the convoy to make sure that any possible logistical nightmare could be avoided. Combine that with the fact the better this went the better he looked meant the rest it had caused him to lose was worth it.

Dante Verren Dante Verren
"Thank you, Master Peng." Once more the maids bowed themselves their thanks. Samantha raised a finger and pointed, and with a nod, Solana ran off to look for the various herbs listed.

"Master Peng, If it would not be too much trouble, there are a few other supplies I would like to retrieve for Miss Claudia for the meal. Given that this is your caravan, sir, I do not wish to remove it without your knowledge or permission, for the sake of keeping inventory." She explained.

"One of the barrels of salt. Some potatoes, most certainly. Onions and garlic. Peppers, I believe there are cayenne, but I'm sure she would appreciatea variety to choose from. Fennel. Hmm... cabbage too if we have any. Carrots and turnips too. And parsley. We will also need to acquire some of the sugar and honey and tea leaves."

"Of the spices, we will need some red wine vinegar, black peppercorns. Cloves, saunder and saffrons. Some lemons as well. I think she would also be most grateful if we acquire some oil too.... actually sir I believe we may need a lot of lemon come to think of it, as I believe she will be seeing some of the livestock we brought prepared for the meal."

Develius Develius

Solana was sent on her way by Samantha to begin looking through the spices. To get what they needed for the meal. Unfortunately. As she reached the cart, it was quickly apparent she was far too short to do this easily.

Now, the axe maids were not a particularly weak bunch. Lord Dashi made sure of that. But what strength she did have was not use if she could not reach the darn things. And while she was no stranger to doing unladlylike things, this was not the sort of situation that called for unladylike behavior. Goodness no, Miss Claudia for sure would see her hide striped from nape to knee. Goodness no, goodness no. She did not want that again. Not after the Butter Incident. Goodness no.

So she would enlist the help of the nearest person. It was only proper.

So it was that the short maid came to the very hairy George Baker.

"Excuse me," she stated with a quick bow of greeting. "I am having some trouble getting some of these crates down. We have already received permission from Master Peng. We need some supplies for dinner. Could you help me please?"

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Aria and Bisera, of the five maids, they were undoubtedly the tallest. But they had nothing on this woman here. And could not help but gaze up at her, then gave themselves a shared look between them, not entirely knowing what to make of her. Not because she was large, but more that if someone slapped a maid dress on her that she would be the spitting image sister Norella back at the dojo. Which perhaps made the differences stand out all the more vividly. Except for the axe... that was a fantastic axe. But... the rest was a bit... uncouth for their tastes. The tattoos were a bit much... and the clothing was... well it was much less than to be desired.

"Thank you, thank you," Bisera said cheerfully to the large woman, regardless of the differences. "This will do very nicely for Miss Claudia's needs. She will be most pleased."

Meanwhile, Aria was gathering up and sorting the the pots and pans, as well as making sure that they were cleaned and ready. As well as getting the utensils bundled with the small bits of string she kept in her apron.

"We will need to move it over to the fire pit, however I am not sure where we will be putting it yet. Do you know where we might be able to set it up. Preferably somewhere close to the wagons if the town would not mind. Somewhere we could set up the spit as well."

"Also, if you do not mind me asking, where do you come from? You remind me so much of one of my sisters among the axe maids. A fine woman! She had the biggest axe among us too. A beautiful thing, of a fine steel with leather wrapping all the way to its beard. Not as fine as yours though, but don't tell her I said that." She said with a giggle and friendly wave of the hand. "Clean up a bit, and put on some proper clothes, and I'd say you very well pass for her sister. And she is such a lovely woman, and she makes the best meat pies. Please don't tell Miss Claudia I said that either, she's rather proud of hers. Oh, you know Lady Katriel has brought some new clothing for the town. As hot as this day is, perhaps you might like something cooler than furs, and protection from the sun?"

Bisera perhaps had more curiosity than her others here. Had gotten lecture a few times for being a gossip. But of the five, she prided herself on being the most personable. She loved to make talk. And liked to make her fellows feel at ease by being friendly. Probably the only thing that redeemed her motormouth tendencies.

Last edited:
Claudia Nachtnebel
gr448n5pkxz61.jpg

Claudia made her way to the back of the caravan where the livestock was herded by mounted shepherds.
The small animals would come first. Mutton.
The flock was ewes and a handful of lambs. Using any of the six rams or four ram lambs would be potentially shorting that many villagers of flocks of their own.
She choose one ewe lamb and two ewes, of those there were plenty to go around.
The maid walked up to a ewe and lamb and lifted the creature's hindquarters.

"Two ewes and this lamb." Claudia stated plainly, signalling for Cassandra to take the lamb while she rounded up the ewes.

Goats are very compliant creatures, they weren't so early domesticated for no reason.
All she need do was compel them to move in the direction she wanted with a firm grip and she was rather easily able to walk the animals over to the first wagon. She and Cassandra hitched the three to the cart very simply and returned to the rear for the final beast.

This one took no contemplation at all. There were only three bulls, and around forty heifers with a single weaned calf.
All the adult animals were necessary to save, with each bull having 10+ years of service if traded between herds of 15 or so cows.
It had to be the calf.

Unfortunately, Claudia came to find out the calf was unbroken, when she asked the shepherds. She wasn't learned enough to attempt the drive herself, so she enlisted the help of one of the cattlemen.

Once the animals were collected, the senior maid turned her mind to the next task. Processing.

"Cassandra, fetch a carpenter." She ordered, as she reached into her apron pocket for the call.
With three consecutive rising tones she called the maids to wrap up their tasks and return to her

(teeny post :T)

D. Rex D. Rex Idk Idk -

842zD4d.png

"CURRENTLY DISGUISED AS 'GEORGE C. BAKER'"

Mentions:
D. Rex D. Rex (Solana) | Dante Verren Dante Verren (Peng)

After George placed another crate on the ground, he'd find himself approached by one of the maids kindly asking for his assistance with unloading some of the food supplies. He turned towards her with an almost exaggerated motion, taking out his cigarette as a puff of smoke exited his mouth. "Why kindly, mam'." he replied obligingly as he staggered over towards the cart containing the dinner supplies.

He took out two of the boxes without issue; one containing what he thought were utensils with another feeling like it contained veggies or some sort of ration packets. Yet just as he began lifting up after placing down to place a significantly heavier third box, he suddenly felt an audible *Pop* coming from his right shoulder. Jebidiah paused as his expression ran cold with fear for the briefest of moment, thankfully masked by his attire. All sensation in his right arm was completely gone!

"Shit." This was a real bad time for this to happen...

Yet not to worry! This was something that happens often for a skeleton like himself. And thankfully, his arm was still covered by both the wraps of clothing and the sleeve from his leather jacket. Had he pulled away further, he would've clearly shown that he was missing an arm; with the hand stuck under the weight of the crate. Quickly, before showing anymore signs of discomfort, he managed to lodge his shoulder socket back into place, now feeling his right arm once more. Carefully dislodging it, he suddenly sprang back up as if nothing happened - all of this taking a hot five seconds - before rolling his arm perfectly back in place.

Both George and Jebidiah hoped nobody noticed that slight little mishap...

Last edited:
~𝐵𝒶𝓇𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 𝒦𝒶𝓉𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓁 𝒪𝓁𝒾𝓋𝒾𝑒𝓇 𝐿𝑜𝒸𝓀𝒽𝑒𝑒𝒹 𝒫𝑒𝓃𝒹𝓇𝒶𝑔𝑜𝓃~
a41a35c097b95545e97d8c313b7807ec.jpg

D. Rex D. Rex Elvario Elvario LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

"And you" She hummed, eyes bright as she couldn't get enough of how cute this newfound friend of hers was, and if she really did have a hand in making such a fine dress. There was always room for business. It would mesh well with her business with Linneus anyways. "You bring up a good point, but miss another entirely. The better an economy is doing is directly correlated with how healthy the buyer's market is. People want to buy things and if it's both helping their fellow neighbor and making them feel dashing, then what I say there is nothing wrong with it have a worthy price tag for such happiness. We are but chameleons and change our entire personalities by the threads we adorn across our bodies. I am not dressing as A Baroness see? I am one" She said with a smug grin" Katriel quick to wave off her worry dismissively as she wagged a finger in it's stead "Rude is as the people see it, and I doubt Redcliffe likes being judged on their appearances. Common sense goes a very long way dearest." She said, patting Zahrah on the head before entering the tent.

"Count Linneus" She voiced, entering the tent and giving a gracious curtsy toward The Count and his entourage.
"I am Baroness Katriel Olivier Lockheed Pendragon. It is such a pleasure to meet you. My husband said you two had already met and it does warm my heart that you two are getting along swimmingly." She said, parting her bangs and tucking them behind her ear.
"You will be glad to know that my handcrafted care packages have arrived with me and should provide clothes for those who need them. Shirts and socks are quite easy after the 30'th pair" She said with a delightful laugh
"Work shoes should do well, A woman I made a wonderful birthday gown for just so happened to be a cobbler's daughter. She was such a treat, like this one here. I believe she is misguided and may have been rude to you? She has no sense of formality, and quite frankly no common sense at all, but I don't think she was ill intentioned." She crossed her arms, looking at Zahrah

"An apology goes along way you know."

Last edited:
Zahrah Fiore
Mentions: Katriel Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid | Linneus LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Although the fox had thoroughly confused them, being very old but also pretty young, they didn't have a lot of time to question what eternal fountain of youth he'd been drinking from. After all, they were about to be indoctrinated with some good old capitalism. Without any databases on internet, all Zahrah could do was to soak up the information like a sponge and assume it was (mostly) correct. The proverbial speech didn't clear up a lot though. There was one point that confused them the most, however. “So you're not dressing as a baroness because you are one, but you are a baroness because you dress as one? Does that mean that you cease to be anyone the moment you take your clothes off to wash yourself?” That didn't sound good or fun or happy. Zahrah started to wonder if relying on clothes' for ones sense of self-worth and core being was a smart move.

That said, they were dragged along back into the tent they'd been kicked out off mere moments ago. “Hello again!” They said, letting Katriel do the rest of the talking. Until that talking had them as a topic. Now, that was just confusing. How dare this woman say they had no common sense! They had at least seven forms of algorithms installed to mimic it, back in the day. Surely some of that was still left in their cotton-failed head right now! That said, they couldn't quite figure out how to deal with the task at hand...

They attempted to split things down to their base components. Firstly, they were accused of being misguided. That was false, as they didn't have any direction other than to make people happy, and they were sure they were still on that track. They couldn't have been guided in the wrong direction already. Secondarily, they were accused of being rude to the count. Ah, that was something. So what about what they did was rude to the count? That was a tougher question. This woman hadn't even been present, after all, so how the hell would she know? There had to be something basic enough in what Zahrah told her...

They told her that they'd asked a sickly looking person if they were sick. What about that part was the wrong one? This world was tougher than it looked. To make matters worse, the accusations didn't even stop there! Katriel gladly went on, piling insult upon injury. Now they were also accused of having no sense of formality. However, that couldn't possible apply here. After all, this guy was just sitting in a tend and chatting to random people walking into the place. They were pretty sure that none of their previous experience backed up the claim that this was the type of situation that'd need a lot of ceremony and formality.

And all that had concluded to the earlier statement that they had no common sense at all and that they should apologise. This was truly perplexing. Until Zahrah realised something. The time they were in! That had to be the key! Or was it the healing? Ah! Of course, that was another key! Sickly people could just use healing magic, after all, so even if somebody looked sick, there was a small chance they were, as they likely could just use healing magic to clear it all away! Wait, was that right? He was pretty sure that would be a little too easy, no? After all, you'd still need someone capable of casting such magic.

It was an option for sure, but they'd need to think this through a little further. If it wasn't the fact that Zahrah forgot to take healing into account, it had to be something else. Well, that brought them right back to their earlier assumption. It had to have something to do with the time they were in. What did they remember about the past? They never really focussed too much on it and during the few times they did, they just used some backlogs on a database... That said, there was one thing that came to mind. Ranks! Of course, the folk here had been pretty insistent on their ranks and whatnot. Baroness, count, servant, that kinda stuff.

Okay, so going by that, Linneus was clearly ranked the highest. That much was clear! Should they have bowed or something? Nah, if that was the case, they'd have been kicked out earlier. All of a sudden, it clicked. They finally managed to put two and two together. It'd taken a while, but there was only one clear and obvious answer, so they made a deep bow and spoke up. “You have my deepest apologies for inquiring about the sickly looking person's need for healing magic first, before inquiring after your own well-being, mister count-sir.”

That had to be it! It couldn't possibly be considered rude to ask someone if they were okay, but perhaps it was rude to ask someone of a much lower status if they were okay before asking that question to the most high-ranking person in the room. Having been able to correct their mistake, they'd stand back up with a beaming smile. “I hope you're both doing great, but if not, the mister baron with the gorgeous fur knows a lot of folk with good healing magic, so I'm sure he'd be able to sent you to someone that can help~” They were very proud of themselves, having solved this very complex social riddle that they'd suddenly been presented with. Oh yes, they were ready to receive all praise and glory for adjusting and learning on such a short notice!

Peng Deming
Interactions: D. Rex D. Rex Develius Develius

Peng listened to the maid and nodded, bowing his head in thanks as she finished. "Thank you for your consideration, but you do not need my permission to take anything from the caravan as long as it is by the Baron's orders. I do appreciate letting me know what is being taken for the record keeping." He replied then raised his head. He turned and looked at the carvan picturing where all the supplies the maid needed were located. He noticed Mr. Baker freeze up for a moment before going bac to work, but there didn't seem to be anything odd about it. Most likely the man was readjusting his grip on the box.

One of his usual habits kicked in as the mage reached up his right hand to his chin and tapped the cloth covering it with his gloved finger. " The vegetables will be located in carts seven and eight. Lemons should be in cart nine. Lemons were more difficult to acquire on a short notice and rather expensive, there is not a huge supply of them. Take what you need but please be mindful to leave enough for other uses. Spices will be in cart six with the herbs. " Even as he spoke he continued to tap the finger against his cloth covered chin. "Oil will be in cart four, marked with a small flame on the box to signify it is highly flammable. Do you think you will need anything else at the moment?" he asked the remaining maid.

D. Rex D. Rex Dante Verren Dante Verren

The people were pleased and grateful for all the supplies that Dashi had brought along with him and although their gratitude towards Peng were not a great, they still appreciated the part that the man played in ensuring their village would get rebuilt. While the mayor was occupied with the Count and discussing plans for the village, the people were all too glad to help where they could. "the storehouse is up the hill, beside what used to be the manor. Wasn't very well protected, but we rebuilt that quickly as it is important." An older gentleman told Peng.

The children were all excited to hangout with the fox baron, even if he did move slowly and talk like an old person. They laughed and raced around in circles as they followed Dashi away from the caravan. His proposal that the lot of them go fishing did not win the children's attention. "Let's play hide and seek!" One girl suggested, to which all the children cheered excitedly with bright smiles, some missing many teeth. "We can all hide and you can look for us fox man!" The girl continued on as she grabbed his sleeve tightly in her hand.

On the other side of the city where a large cauldron sat, the maids celebrated the gathering of cookware, but the mountainous lady that had acquired the cauldron was not nearly as happy as them. Despite all the praise and kind words the maid had for her, the woman was more so focused on the feeling of inadequacy that was left in her by the maid. "I'm from the northeast, now move your own pot." She said before she flung her axe up over her shoulder. Being told that she would need to clean up and dress proper was a stab at the woman's lifestyle and partially the culture of her people. She turned her back to the maid and started to walk away. "Snooty wretched woman."

Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid Elvario Elvario conman2163 conman2163

Another guest to the gazebo. All heads turned to look upon the baroness and her pint-sized guest. Before Linneus could speak, Torrin returned to the gazebo and moved to stand beside the Count. "Perhaps in the scandalous villages of the Pendragon barony it is customary to enter someone else's territory and not greet them first, but her it is considered rude." The advisor explained. "Perhaps you should apologize to the Count as well, Lady Pendragon." The man locked eyes with the baroness, waiting to see what she would say.

"Lady Pendragon and her husband traveled separately from one another, it is only natural that she look for him first. That is how the heart works, or so I've been told. We can overlook the problem this time." Linneus declared with a smile creasing his features. The little girl was back, which he did not appreciate, but she came with a bit more manners than what she possessed during her last visit and although she still did not seem to understand what the issue was, Linneus didn't want to come off as a bully or a tyrant by throwing her out a second time.

"I personally am grateful for your own contribution to this endeavor, Lady Pendragon. The working conditions are not the best, so the products that you've brought will go along way to improving the well-being of the people, especially the working ones." He then gestured to the man stnading beside him. "This is my advisor, Lord Torrin Thorne. And this is my Court Scribe, Master Retili Loxinofican."

Retili Loxinofican

Mentions: Linneus LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Katriel Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid Zahrah Elvario Elvario

Retili respectfully stepped to the side as Katriel entered, stepping back to stand with Torrin. He drew back his hood and veil once again as he did so. His usual warm smile cracked slightly as he watched Zahrah once again find their way into the gazebo. His eyes almost imperceptibly narrowed as he studied the pair. Baroness Katriel Olivier Lockheed Pendragon. That was a mouthful and no mistake. Still, she seemed to have a regal bearing, and from the small period of time he spent in the capitol Retili guessed the woman was likely at the cutting edge of fashion. In fact he took a moment to look at his own travel worn clothes as he did. He would need to find a new garment to wear once he reached the Baron's estate. It would cast a poor light on Linneus if his scribe looked scruffy. He listened politely as the woman finished her introduction and nudged Zahrah forward. Ill intentioned or not, Zahrah's comment plainly baffled Retili. If he had not so carefully worked to smooth over his expression after Zahrah entered the gazebo then he might have let his mouth fall agape. The child must be an airhead, elsewise they wouldn't have made a second blunder in such a fashion. As his introduction was made Retili returned to the present, stepped forward slightly and bowed. "It is a pleasure to meet you Lady Pendragon." He stepped back into place, the jagged scar across his face shifting in the light as he did so.

Zahrah Fiore
Mentions: Katriel Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid | Linneus LadyOfStars LadyOfStars | Retili conman2163 conman2163
Aria | Bisera D. Rex D. Rex | Giant-Axe Woman LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Zahrah knew they'd been successful. After all, they weren't kicked out. They weren't corrected either. That meant their assumption was correct. Asking after the well-being of someone could only be done once you asked after the well-being of the highest-ranked person first, no matter how sickly the other person might be looking. It was an odd thing, but if that was the culture, Zahrah figured they'd simply learn to deal with it, or at least try to.

That said, things were rather dull and boring. Mostly because they were being ignored a whole lot. Perhaps they should butt in again? Yeah, that was definitely the best way forwards... Try as they might though, they couldn't find a topic. They tried to think things through, but had nothing of interest to ask. After all, they feared they'd just be ignored again anyhow. “Alright, I'm bored, I'm going off again~ Have fun everyone!” They said, leaving the place again after only just entering it.

With the great wide world, or rather, Redcliff, now open to them, they looked around. Perhaps coming hear had been a mistake? They hadn't been able to get anything done at all. They clicked their tongue. Lots of folk were obsessed with cooking for some reason, but Zahrah themself couldn't even eat food, so there was no point in cooking either. Quite a shame, truthfully, as food could make people happy, or so Zahrah had learned once upon a time.

After a deep sigh, they suddenly spotted a victim person that might be interesting. A very large woman wielding some giant axe, along with two axe wielding maids. Perfect! Absolutely perfect! After their gruelling comedy attempt with their mom, they had to attempt to redeem themselves. If chickens crossing the road didn't work, there was another form of comedy that Zahrah knew was very reliable and that they could definitely fall back on during these dire, trying times. Yes, it was the pinnacle of comedic value, the epitome of humour, flawless and brilliant.

As such, Zahrah confidently approached Aria, Bisera and the unnamed woman that was with them. “Hello there ladies~” They said, giving them a [seductive F] wink for no reason other than that they could and would. “Could I axe you three a question?” That was it! Surely, definitely, undeniable, puns would still be in date! Yes, if all else failed, a good pun would still offer the comedic value needed in these trying times.

That said, regardless of whether their confidence would be hit with another fatal blow or not, they were genuinely interested in one thing, so they turned to the big-axe wielding woman. “I must ask though, ma'am, with all due respect, how in the world did you get so tall and strong? That must've taken a lot of effort!” There was some genuine respect in there, as well as genuine curiosity.

They were also interested in the two maids, for that matter. “So what's it like working for the mister with the gorgeous foxy fur? Does he ever let you pet it? I bet it must be pretty neat if you'd get to brush that tail, isn't it? It seems like it's so fluffy~ Oh, that reminds me, well, it's not really related, so perhaps it doesn't really remind me, but just randomly springs to mind, but I noticed all of you are carrying axes along? Is that like a foxy-servant thing? I don't think it's a standard maid tool, or is it? I don't think I've met many maids before, at least not here. Although I'm pretty sure I didn't see the scary looking maid bring an axe, even though it'd probably fit her the best, cause, you know, she's pretty scary looking. I bet people would run away from her if she brought an axe though. She looks like you're up for dinner the moment she crosses eyes with you! Perhaps I should tell her that? I doubt she'd be able to be happy or make others happy if she keeps such a scary look on her face! Then again, she looks scary, so I'm not sure if I'd be brave enough to tell her she looks scary. Do you think she'd appreciate it if I helped her try to look less scary? I'm pretty sure she'd be a lot more liked and popular and happy if that was the case. Or would she not? Perhaps she looks scary for a reason. Maybe I should ask that first. Do you think she looks scary for a reason? Oh, perhaps it's something genetic instead, that'd be difficult to solve...” They stopped their ramble mid-sentence, having enough awareness of the fact that they'd started to ramble somewhere half-way the fact.

Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
Cassandra nodded vigorously. Perhaps a more prudent nod would have been better, but she was still learning. With a bow, she hurried off to find that carpenter and bring them back to Claudia.

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
Bisera put on a hexed expression as her talking had apparently had the opposite effect. Compounding the misfortune was Aria's accusatory glare at the maid. As if to say, "you made your bed, now lay in it." Well, Aria sniffed dismissively and turned back to her work. Bisera knew what that meant... she had to clean up her own mess. Very well.

Well it looked rather silly that maid walked up to the large cauldron, as if she could even lift it. Nonetheless, Bisera rolled up her sleeves and put her work face on, digging in her heels and lifted the cauldron back up into its side with a rather undignified grunt of exertion. Ooh, this was going to get her uniform a mess...

Well continued effort, she would move the cauldron to where it would need to be.

Elvario Elvario
Aria tittered at the pun. While normally it was Bisera who laughed at any pun, however ridiculous, she was... too preoccupied to enjoy it.

She answered the questions while she worked, sorting the dishes and bundling the utensils.

"I have been with Lord Dashi for many years. He trained all of us, and is like a father to most of us. Having given us a purpose and a family where we had none before. I'm afraid it would be uncouth of me to answer that question, Lord Dashi is capable of taking care of himself." She said in regards to the question of brushing his fur. She hadn't, but she wouldn't have told if she did.

"As for our axes, its not a standard maid tool because we are not standard maids. All of us battle maids have been trained in combat. For me and my sisters here, it is in the axes that we specialized in. But others are trained in various other instruments and abilities. Miss Claudia needs no axe, she has a rifle for all her needs. And wields it very keenly. They could run, but they would not get far if Miss Claudia wished their end."

"No, I do not think that conversation would go over well with her. The only one who she is concerned with her appearance towards is Lord Dashi, and he has been most satisfied with her. She takes her job and her service very seriously, and there is little room for others. But do not think I am speaking ill of her, Miss Claudia is a model in efficiency. Very few of us would have been a good pick to lead this household, so for perhaps Mr. Erland, but Lord Dashi had given him a more important task."

Dante Verren Dante Verren
The maid followed Pengs finger, dillegently memorizing his words and where he had been pointing. Once sure she had it all locked in memory, she turned back to overseer and bowed. "I do believe that will most of what we need, Master Peng. Anything else we need should only be in small quantities should anything arise that we haven't planned for. I thank you very much for all of your assistance."

With that. She went to go help her sister collect the rest of the ingredients.

Develius Develius

Just because she was short didn't mean that Solana was weak. Diet and exercise did wonders in this world, and so long as the boxes were in reach, she was able to lift them like a pro.

It was as Solana was moving the second box that she heard the *pop* noise. She looked back worried that a crate might have broken, but no. Her eyes scanned the ground so nothing had fallen. But as her eyes fell upon the hairy cowboy, her face adopted a look of concern as she saw him looking like he was trying to fix a dislocated shoulder.

"Mister, perhaps a break would be in order? If you are injured, perhaps you should get that looked at before continuing. I would not reccomend straining it further. I can figure out a way to handle it from here. Thank you for you help." She said, giving the cowboy a bright smile of thanks. Yes, dislocated shoulder was a nasty thing. Very painful, even after putting it back. Good in him for not yelling out in pain.

All All maids LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
Then came the whistle! It meant that time was now short. Rather swiftly they all redoubled their efforts to complete their tasks and line up in front of Claudia once more.

This time, it was Bisera coming in last, breathing a bit heavily after hauling that large cauldron by herself.

They were ready for more tasks, and to help Claudia as she ordered.

D. Rex D. Rex Dante Verren Dante Verren

The children were all excited to hangout with the fox baron, even if he did move slowly and talk like an old person. They laughed and raced around in circles as they followed Dashi away from the caravan. His proposal that the lot of them go fishing did not win the children's attention. "Let's play hide and seek!" One girl suggested, to which all the children cheered excitedly with bright smiles, some missing many teeth. "We can all hide and you can look for us fox man!" The girl continued on as she grabbed his sleeve tightly in her hand.

The fox man spluttered a silly exaggerated splutter, "Fishing? Boring? Oh goodness me, am I really that old?" He said with a jolly laugh.

But one look at the children, he really couldn't say no. The smiles and laughter just melt his heart. "Ohohoho, oh very then children, how can I say no..."

With another chuckle he nodded his head, "I'll make a deal with you then. We shall play hide and seek. But after I find the first ten children, we take a break for me to catch my breath and do some fishing until we catch ten fish, then we can play hide and seek again or a different game. Rinse and repeat!"

Before the children ran off, he held up a furry finger, "But here are the rules! No hiding inside buildings. And keep the limits of play to this village square. Goodness knows you know this village so much better than I, that if we didn't I'd be trying to find you all through the next decade, hohoho! Take it easy on this poor old man. Now run along, go hide! I'll count to 60 to give you a head start, hohoho!"

And he closed his eyes and started counting.

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Elvario Elvario conman2163 conman2163

Katriel kept her composure, and used her accrued years of patience and gave a firm bow toward Linneu's advisor, Torrin. A look of genuine shock across her face as she realized her blunder "Forgive my rudeness, I sought to convene with my husband and glean as much information as I could before appearing before his grace" She said in earnest, biting all the bitterness in her heart back toward this old goat. She stood when The Count spoke up, holding a hand to her heart "Your kindness is appreciated, my 'scandalous family' did me no favors so everything I have learned about being a noble, has been on my own" She said, and while there was pride. She could only feel ashamed, ashamed of the cursed Pendragons. She shouldn't let some stranger get in her head, but it was hard to ignore them all.

Katriel quirked an eyebrow as she saw Zahrah leave as soon as she entered, sighing through her nose. She supposed she had alot of work to do with that one. The Baroness had to steel herself; she told herself she would never break down again. She forced down such thoughts and focused on what was in the present. Her eyes meeting Torrin's

"Dispersing rumors in the presence of your lordship could be considered rude in return would it not? The Pendragon family you knew is incarcerated or exiled; dissolved. I testified against them all. Mother, Father, Sisters and Grandparents, and made them sign all of their worldly possessions and rights to the family claim away. Your rumor mill is outdated I am afraid." She said with a click of her tongue, softening her gaze when she looked toward Linneus "I want you to know of these things as well count, and understand my resolve to follow the path my predecessors could not. I spent more than a few sleepless nights working on them, but hearing of your efforts gave me a lot of inspiration. " The feeling Torrin had snuck out of her with his comments squashed as she started to talk about business, and that was the fastest way to make her day, being introduced to every present, including the old geezer, holding a grudge in her petty heart. Retili didn't seem to bother her in the slightest, she'd never tell anybody that she worked out her flinching by charging superbia with jumpscaring her for a week, and so the scar across his face didn't bother her in the slightest. She only smiled sweetly "A scribe you say? I wouldn't be half as skilled at my needlework if it wasn't for seamstresses before me putting ink to paper. Your work is very appreciated." She said sincerely, returning her focus back toward The Count

"My work here was primarily finished upon arrival you see, as my boutique is where my best pieces are made, but I also wanted to meet with you and discuss some business you might be interested in. I run a storefront in Morbella, Avant Garde Boutique, and is a passion of mine I want to grow into a proper chain. I want to lavish the world in the riches of affordable and stunning clothing. I won't lie and say I'm not greedy, but it's more than money for me. There is value in friendships, allies, praise, and kindness. I simply want it all, and there isn't a sentient creature out there that doesn't at least wear a shred of something or other, so I doubt I will ever have a shortage of clientele. My proposal is that I want the second storefront of Avant Garde to be in Redcliffe. It doesn't take a genius to know that a boutique isn't a high priority for a rebuilding effort, but I want as much groundwork set up and when the threshold of concerns for the villagers lessen from survival, I think a place they can get some personality in how they dress will go a long way, and the more popular my brand gets back in Morbella, that success will roll down into Redcliffe as more travelers will recognize the name and likely stimulate Redcliff's economy."

Attachments

• 1662594687990.png
    1662594687990.png
    444.5 KB · Views: 2

842zD4d.png

Mentions:
Dante Verren Dante Verren (Peng) | D. Rex D. Rex (Solana) | Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid (Katriel)

Just because she was short didn't mean that Solana was weak. Diet and exercise did wonders in this world, and so long as the boxes were in reach, she was able to lift them like a pro.

It was as Solana was moving the second box that she heard the *pop* noise. She looked back worried that a crate might have broken, but no. Her eyes scanned the ground so nothing had fallen. But as her eyes fell upon the hairy cowboy, her face adopted a look of concern as she saw him looking like he was trying to fix a dislocated shoulder.

"Mister, perhaps a break would be in order? If you are injured, perhaps you should get that looked at before continuing. I would not recommend straining it further. I can figure out a way to handle it from here. Thank you for you help." She said, giving the cowboy a bright smile of thanks. Yes, dislocated shoulder was a nasty thing. Very painful, even after putting it back. Good in him for not yelling out in pain.

The cowboy raised his hand dismissively with a light chuckle. "Oh dun't chu' worry a single silva' about me, sweetheart." George replied confidently, effortlessly rolling his shoulder to prove his current standing, "This ole' bone's been through 'ell in the good ole' days. Bit shackly if I gotta be honest', but it worth no thang. Popped 'er so many times that I can fix it mah'self in no time flat." As he continued tittering about the situation, the scraggily man took a moment to "clear his throat" and recenter himself back in the moment. He glanced back at the maid more sincerely, "But uh... thanks fer ya concern." George concluded appreciatively to the young lass with a simple nod, "Lemme at leas' help ya with this 'ere load before I take a smoke."

After taking the time to help the maid unload the crates presented, moderating his actions as he did, he waved Solana off before taking some time off for himself. He whipped out a humble match, striking it on a stone brick before taking a cigarette out his pocket and lighting her up. As he breathed a smoke trail, his eyes continued to wonder across the entire landscape he's in; seeing all the diligent people working hard to see a common goal.

As he panned the scene, his gaze would lead him to see the beautiful figure that was Baroness Katriel talking away at Zahrah and a few others. He lingered on the woman for a long moment - appreciating her figure and grace - before shaking it off. Didn't want to present himself so rudely to a noble like herself. Then again, as much as he thought about the idea of them hooking up, Jebidiah knew this was a fool's dream. A rough in ragged skeleton like himself dating a beautiful noble like her? Forget it! Still, he couldn't help but entertain that blissful thought; one even more fantastical than the world he's in now. At the very least he might be able to see himself getting close to her through his services and the offer presented by her and Baron Dashi. And frankly, he'd be rather fine and dandy with that.

Before he could potentially rouse up any more suspicions of some creepy, even pervy, motions, George began to mosey up to where Master Peng was. "How'd be comin' along on yer end?" he asked politely before taking out another cigarette from his pouch. The cowboy would casually offer the unlit smoke to him in a swaggered motion, "Fancy one?"

FF4BBEC0-56C0-406A-BA61-3CA3945DB4EF.jpeg

Tyrmar
“Well as far as my experience goes I’ve been cooking since I was a child, though my time with the Lord has been much shorter only a months time at most.” Turning his gaze back to where the majority of activity was taking place he realized he may have gotten too occupied in cooking to notice all the new faces flitting about and the construction getting into gear.

“Though if you’re trying to learn the Count’s favorites then you won’t be focusing too much on fancy noble food, he loves sweets and Junk food above all else, it’s a wonder how he stays so slim. I’ve not shown him this meal yet but I’m calling them Ryke Fries, I’m hoping that they’ll go over well.”

“And how about you Superbia? What’s your story on finding your place here to me in this wild world of ours?”
Turning from scanning the crows he gave her a smile and waited to hear her with open ears, though he did keep a glance on that Maid Troupe that seemed to be setting up shop.

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Setting:
Weather: HOT, Windy
Time: 3pm

Elvario Elvario
The rather large woman was about to head out when she heard a voice speak up and she looked back to see that it was a little girl. At first she thought that the girl had come to move the cauldron in her absence, but surely that could not be the case. Was it? She turned back around to see what it was that the girl wanted. Then it came, the terrible, awful, somewhat funny joke. The woman shook her head in disbelief, red strands falling out of place as she tried to hide her smirk. "The nerve of you to come over here with a joke like that." Now she was invested, her attention fully grabbed. Even better than her jokes was her interest in the woman's stature and strength. She briefly looked over herself, taking in the size of her well-defined muscles. "This is how people grow in my village. The woman do not care for pretty things only. We must be able to protect our children from wild animals and put same wild animal on the table for dinner." She dropped her axe, letting the weight of the weapon bury it an inch into the dirt. "Perhaps you will be so strong one day too."
1662650977412.png
D. Rex D. Rex
The hunt for a carpenter would force Cassandra to interact with many of the townsfolk, some of which not too keen to listen to someone who looked so well off. Some very interested in talking, but not exactly about what she wanted to hear. But eventually a young man would find her and end her searching. "We heard you're looking for a carpenter." He said with a somewhat country twang. "Well my grandpa is the best, and the only, carpenter that came back to the village." He stepped aside to reveal an old man who was struggling to light his pipe, but otherwise seemed to be in good health.

"Yer lookin' for a carpenter missy?" The old man asked before he finally got the pipe to burn. He filled his lungs with the smoke and then pushed it out of his nostrils. "Whatcha needin' built?"

1662650842460.png
D. Rex D. Rex
While Torrin was displeased with Linneus' laxed response, he could not scold someone of higher station than himself, not without there being consequences he was not prepared to face. But the baroness was a different story. He couldn't say anything now however, the subject had moved on and the Count would not appreciate his continued nit picking. "Torrin, please invite Lord Dashi to join us." Shocked by the command Linneus had suddenly given him, Torrin looked around at the other guests with wide eyes. Was the Count trying to get rid of him all of a sudden?

"Yes, my lord." Reluctantly the advisor left the comforting shade of the gazebo and headed down to the caravans, only to learn that Dashi was not there. Luckily the people there were able to point him in the right direction. "Baron Dashi!" Torrin called as he approached the fox and his children. "The Count requests your presence at his gazebo." The man said in a somewhat disgruntled tone before he turned and started walking about.

Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid conman2163 conman2163
The baroness seemed to have some bite to her and while her family's past was known to Linneus, he wouldn't think to hold that against her. Especially not when she was doing the hard work of repairing the damaged that their actions had caused. Linneus paid close attention the the woman as he leaned back against his table, hearing all that she had to say. Her business proposal was sound and he genuinely liked the idea. She didn't seem like the type of person Torrin had warned she would be and in fact she seemed to be quite the opposite. "Lady Pendragon, I think a boutique would be perfect for the village and a great boon to helping restore its broken infrastructure and economy." A smile gleamed on Linneus' face as he turned to face the map and gestured for her to join them at the table.

"We were just discussing the placement of the market area and I'm sure there is room there for you to build a storefront. However before we do that there are a few things we will need to get in writing." That was when Linneus looked to Retili. This would be the Scribe's unofficial first document; a contract. "You'll be required to pay taxes on the land on which you build the shop, directly to the village of Redcliffe. If you cannot pay these taxes, the store will be closed down and the aseets within ceased. You will be required to provide fair wages and safe working conditions to your employees. If these requirements are not met, your shop will again be forced to close down and legal action will be taken against you. It is also expected that you will visit the shop in person at least twice a year to inspect it and ensure that it is meeting these requirements while under the care of whomever you trust to oversee the property in your stead. And if...you are found to be participating in any criminal activity in the future, this store will be ceased by the village of Redcliffe and its future determined by its mayor." Again he looked to Retili and nodded his head with a questioning expression, wondering if the scribe had gotten all the information written down. "You can sign the document that Master Loxinofican is drawing up as a sign of good faith and begin work on opening your shop. Then once I return to Osun, we can have more official documents drawn up."

Then the Count gestured to an area on the map that was to the southeast of the village square. There were a row of buildings drawn out on the map, showing where they had planned to place the market area with store fronts for wealthier businesses and stalls for street vendors. He knew that even if Katriel was declaring herself a different breed of Pendragon than her family, there was still the risk that she was lying and working towards some other goal or planning to use this store for other purposes, but the village needed an influx of cash to get it up and running again and this would be a good start. Plus if she was trying to do the right things, then Linneus wanted to be a part of that.

1662653961944.png

Zahrah Fiore
Mentions: Aria D. Rex D. Rex | Giant-Axe Woman LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Zahrah felt very verified in their existence when their pun got some acknowledgement. Yes, it was good to be alive and their future wasn't all that hopeless after all. “Oh, that sounds great! I should ask him to teach me how to do that! Do you think I'd make a good father as well?” That said, the maid didn't want to answer the most fun question, which was quite a bit of a shame. “Oh, but it seems a lot of fun to do, you should ask him sometime, perhaps he'll like it as well~”

The topic of axes was, admittedly, a bit less interesting to them. Still, they should finish what they started. “Oh, battle maids! That remind me of those shows on Japanese television... what's their name again? Hentai? No, that was the adult stuff. Ah! Anime, yes! Do you also have something like a special move that you do when you yell real loud to give it extra power? That's what they always did in those shows~ I don't get why it works in them, because I'm pretty sure it shouldn't, but apparently it does in the shows, so many it works here as well~.”

As the maid explained about Claudia, Zahrah nodded. Taking in the words of wisdom. “Hmm, yes, it seems foolish to terrify the scary maid and risk getting shot. I wouldn't see why folks would want to be like her though. Efficiency isn't everything and looking scary is just off-putting, you know? It's much more fun to have a bit of flair and niceness to you, don't you think?”

Aria wasn't the only victim of their antics, as they'd successfully captured the mountain-lady's attention. “Muahahah! I'm fearless!” They proudly proclaimed after being complimented on their courage for the pun. “Wow, all people grow like that? I once heard that folks say it's because of the food or air, but I doubt that, I think it might be genetic, but then again, you don't just grow strong, right? You must've trained a whole lot as well! That's neat~” Zahrah titled their head a bit, at the mention of pretty things. “It's good to care for more than just pretty things, yes, but I think you've already nailed that part anyhow. Like the tattoos and necklace and the little metal details. It's real pretty on a body as strong like yours, as it provides an amazing contrast that just works, you know? Ah, you probably do know, otherwise you wouldn't have perfected it~”

There was one thing that intrigued Zahrah. That axe had made quite the impact, so of course they had to ask. “Oh, oh, can I try lifting it?” If they were given permission, they'd put their glorious F strength on display for all to see and probably fail horrible at getting the axe to move. However, the journey was more important than the destination. After all, if one day, they were meant to be strong, it was good to know where they came from!

On the topic of coming from somewhere... “So, miss, where is it you come from then? I'd like to visit the land with giant strong people one day~ It seems like it'd be a real adventure to go there! Oh, oh, oh, is it in the mountains by any coincident?!? I've always wanted to go to the mountains, well not always, but I did love looking at them and I wonder how they'll be for real! I've heard folk say it's really cold high up and the air get weird, but that the view from high up is also really pretty, although if you're already tall, does that mean you always get a prettier view? If height directly corresponds to the prettiness of your view, I guess we should all figure out how to be as tall as possible! Ah, but that'd be tough, so for now, it'd be neat to visit the mountains one day, assuming you're from those, well also if you're not, but you get the point, I think, perhaps?” They ended their rambling with a question without a clear question in it.

Retili Loxinofican

Mentions: Linneus LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Katriel Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid Zahrah Elvario Elvario

Once again Retili watched as Zahrah left, their unceremonious parting was of slight interest to him. He watched the Baroness and Lord closely looking for any reaction out of the pair. One could learn quite a bit about a person by how they reacted to rudeness. He was not disappointed by the reaction of both Linneus and Katriel. Katriel was evidently fond of Zahrah, though Retili had no idea why precisely that was, and Linneus showed maturity by ignoring them. He did note with interest the result of her exchange with the ever helpful Torrin. Such a lovely character, though it seemed that he was more than willing to take the losing side of an exchange of words. To what end did he continue to poke and prod those in Linneus's presence. And why did Linneus tolerate it? Retili made a mental note to watch the man in the future. Perhaps there would be more to tell in this area. At least for now the man was gone though.

Katriel's own problems were of interest to Retili however. The word's of Torrin did strike up a note of curiosity in him. What on earth was it that had happened? Her entire family placed in bondage in attainted? And she herself a part of their downfall. What sort of resolve did it take for one to destroy one's own family. To rip out a legacy root and stem. The real question was what was her motivation and what were their crimes? It must have been one scandal indeed to force the woman to such action. As she turned towards him he found he was glad the scar did not bother the woman. Or at least it didn't bother her openly. To some it seemed unnatural that his scar had turned such a dark color. Most would expect a red or pink slash to appear in it's place. Zentail muscles and tissue were not the same color as others however. If you were to peel back the skin off of Retili you would quickly learn that beneath was a network of muscles and tissue that were as black as the scar. He even bled the color. It had been a shock to him when he had initially reincarnated into this body to discover, but now it was simply a fact of life. He humbly bowed to Katriel as she addressed him directly. "You are too kind my Lady." Retili returned to listening.

As soon as Retili heard the word "writing", he was already in action. He removed parchment, pen, and ink from his robes and approached the table. He did not interrupt, merely taking note and writing out in neat, scrawling letters the agreement that Linneus proposed, ensuring to make it very clear that the contract holder would be Linneus. Retili didn't worry to much about the overall look of the document. As his lordship had said already more official documents would be drawn up once they returned to his keep. Once he was finished he placed a small x and a line at the bottom. He looked up and affirmed to Linneus that he had in fact gotten all of the facts, though it took him a moment or two longer than he would have liked. Then, just as before he removed a second piece of parchment paper and blotted the excess ink carefully off the page. That finished he placed the finished contract in front of Katriel along with pen and ink. "If you would sign on the line Baroness, if you agree to the terms of course." His words were cool and professional. "My Lord, I would advise that you have a witness sign this document as well. A document with only two signatures is often set aside as useless in legal disputes."

FF4BBEC0-56C0-406A-BA61-3CA3945DB4EF.jpeg

Tyrmar
“Well as far as my experience goes I’ve been cooking since I was a child, though my time with the Lord has been much shorter only a months time at most.” Turning his gaze back to where the majority of activity was taking place he realized he may have gotten too occupied in cooking to notice all the new faces flitting about and the construction getting into gear.

“Though if you’re trying to learn the Count’s favorites then you won’t be focusing too much on fancy noble food, he loves sweets and Junk food above all else, it’s a wonder how he stays so slim. I’ve not shown him this meal yet but I’m calling them Ryke Fries, I’m hoping that they’ll go over well.”

“And how about you Superbia? What’s your story on finding your place here to me in this wild world of ours?”
Turning from scanning the crows he gave her a smile and waited to hear her with open ears, though he did keep a glance on that Maid Troupe that seemed to be setting up shop.

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Superbia

1662778811573.png
As their supply of food started to dwindle, Superbia felt that she'd learned a fair bit from Tyrmar and this experience. Getting to interact with new people and a variety of villager personalities was more enlightening than she had anticipated. Tyrmar was also a joy to be around and she could see why he found himself employed to the Count. "Lord Dashi saved me from the darkness and to pay him back I have honed my skills in combat to become his blade. " Her ratkin eyes looked up from the now empty bowls and trays to spot the fox man across the square. "He charged me with protecting his lady wife and so I shall do my best to keep her safe, and happy." She was fortunate to have been given the life that she had now and looking back she still couldn't think of a better turnout.

"Well, that seems to be the last of the food, Master Tyrmar." The rat declared as she turned and bowed to him. "I will have to return to the other maids and see if I can assist them in anything., but I am grateful for the kindness you have shown me in letting me join you."

AbenSur AbenSur

Peng Deming
Interaction: Develius Develius D. Rex D. Rex LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Peng glanced over to the older man and listened to what the gentlemen had to say. Once he was done, Peng gave the elder a respectful bow. "Thank you for the information. I will direct the flow of supplies in that direction." he then returned to his upright posture and readjusted the lower face covering once more to make sure it hadn't gone loose in his bow. After addressing the man Peng turned back to the maids and gave her a nod. "You are welcome and thank you for the hard work." He called after her as the maid left.

Left alone once more he raised his voice shouting commands to the workers, directing the normal laborers to the warehouse told to him by the old man. As he did so he glanced around to keep track of the maids movements, watching them go back and forth retrieving the supplies they needed. It was like watching a strange machine, one that was well oiled and masterly put together, but still so unique. Each piece being hand crafted to have it's own specials quirks. The creator of such a machine was an interesting man to be sure. It almost reminded him of a great historical figure, one that Peng himself had hoped to eventually emulate. Something that would be for later.

As time passed the work generally started to slow down and Peng found himself no longer alone. He looked over to see the form of Mr. Baker approaching him. He waited for the man to finish is question before responding with a nod "Progress is going smoothly. The locals helped us locate a good place to store the Baron's supplies, now all that is left is to finish unloading the last of the supplies." as he finished speaking his eyes fell to the cigarettes' that was in the man's hand and an old craving came back. The shock of seeing one and the resurgence of the old phantom craving of his past stunned him for a second. Quickly he held up his hand to show he would pass, "No thank you. Until the work is done it is best if I don't partake in any recreation." Despite his refusal he still had to resist the urge to reach out and take the bud. "How about you Mr. Baker, did work go well?"

842zD4d.png

Mentions:
Dante Verren Dante Verren (Peng) | D. Rex D. Rex (Baron Dashi) (Passing) | Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid (Katriel) (Passing) |

"Suit'cha self." George respectfully nodded at Peng's decline before putting the cigarette into his mouth and lighting it. After puffing a breath of smoke, he looked back as Peng asked how work went for him. "Work was fine n' dandy," he stated honestly, dropping the cig-butt onto the dirt and smushing it with his boot, "Got all them crates down n' settled with the fine maidens. They be mighty helpful, I tell ya what; Surprisin'ly so! Gotta respect the hustle." He wasn't going to bother bring up his little incident to Peng, more so on the basis that it might make him look a bit weaker and unfit for work. Truly he could work on more of this stuff for many more hours if he so wished, but he didn't feel like taking much of his time as a simple laborer.

Still glancing out at the bustling workers within the city center, George tilted his head to Master Peng, "By the bye," he asked him curiously, giving a pause before continuing, "If ya don't mind meh askin', is there be anythin' else that I need be knowin' about Lerd Dashi and Baroness Katriel by any chance? Or really, anyone 'ere of note? 'Ell, I bet a gold we'd be workin' together in these here parts mighty often, so what might be yer tall tales?"

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars conman2163 conman2163 Elvario Elvario Develius Develius Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide AbenSur AbenSur Dante Verren Dante Verren

She was delighted to see Linneus was on board for the idea; A marketplace was an ideal location for a boutique. She wasn't surprised that The Count had reservations given her family's past but the fact that he was willing to sign gave her hope. She hummed in delight as Retili would be the one to draft up what was to be the first of many agreements between her and The Count. "Your words humble me, It is simply something I love to do. If you don't mind a flash of ryken culture that is" She teased with an amused laugh, concise and well rehearsed. Lady Pendragon listening intently as Linneius laid down the expectations that came with property in redcliffe. None of it gave her any indecent or surprised expressions and felt incredibly fair given it was a bold request amidst everything going on. She did quirk an eyebrow at the mention of criminal activity. She supposed it was a demon of greed that ran in her bloodline, and made money worth the illicit activities required to get it in spades.

She ,despite everything, wanted to be different. Shumeji had given her that chance, and she refused to squander it for ill gotten gains. Katriel read through the contract verbatim, wanting to respect their professionalism with her own. She remembered the amount of times she skipped the terms and conditions in her old life, smirking and dabbing the available quill in ink, scrawling her name in immaculate cursive across the dotted line.

"You two are fine gentlemen and wish more of the men I encountered were like you, well most of you." She said with a click of her teeth, her eyes boring into Torrin for only a moment or two before leaning forward, brushing back some locks of her hair and looking over the section of the map The Count was showing her, absorbing the details with a keen eye as she thoroughly enjoyed the planning part! "What an excellent location sir, I believe this will do just nicely. It will also garner more traffic for you since I am definitely going to be promoting this new location in my boutique. You know what would really sell? that smile of yours darling, I think we should talk about getting some posters drawn up!" She said delightfully, the count could swear he saw dollar signs in her eyes.

"I also want to personally meet some of the locals and the help again! I think it would be good to meet some faces, see who would be suited to run and operate the storefront in my stead. I think it'd be much better for the people if it was ran by a familiar face. I'd also like to go and see this district and plot out the land, can't let productivity go to waste can we?"

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Cassandra gave a deep bow to the esteemed tradesman. "Thank you for hearing me out, Master Carpenter. The Lord Baron Dashi has requested that we set up a dinner for Redcliffe with some of the supplies that we brought. Miss Claudia, who is in charge of preparations, has some animals that she needs to prepare for dinner. The preparation will require frame to be built for the skinning and butchering so that we can ready them for cooking."

"I know you must have many other pressing matters to tend to, being the villages only carpenter. For that, I apologize if our requests may seem trivial in comparison. We would be happy to pay as needed."

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Ten children! Oh how the little ankle biters had hidden. Ah, how it must feel to be so young. Oh how it did feel! He was so young again! Hohoho, the little game did help him find some of that vigor he had been missing.

"Goodness me," he said as the children became coming out of the woodwork, "I definitely would not have been able to have found you all. I bet I passed over some of you at least five times. Maybe its about time this old fox gets himself some glasses. Maybe then I'll be to find all you next time."

Dashi patted the kids kn the head, but before he even had the chance to move on to their next plan, no sooner than Dashi have his fishing rod in hand once more than did Torrin came to deliver his message.

"Oh? The Count? Thank you, young man. I shall be right there."

"Oh bother, it does seem that I must go now. The young Count needs me. Ohoho, but don't stop playing on my account. The day is still young! Perhaps this gentleman right here might be able to keep you entertained for a moment. And maybe you all could catch a big fish for me."

He stopped Torrin with a gentle hand on the man's shoulder,"Would you care to see these dears entertained for a brief while? We wouldn't want to disappoint them, now.. Keep them out of trouble. Ohohoho, thank you, my good fellow. You're a gentleman and a scholar!" He chuckled and did not even give Torrin the time for protest before he pressed his fishing rod into the Advisors hands, patted him good naturedly on the shoulder, and headed back up the hill to answer the Counts summons.

Using Charisma to convince Torrin to keep the children happy.

Ability used
E grade ability
Cooldown: 1 post

Leadership F, Persuasion F, Character Grade E

Using ones natural charisma, you focus it one those around you to convince them of your words or ideas. Used in conjuction with a speech or a snippet of wisdom or inspiration. People can trust you know what your doing, and have their interests at heart.

For maximum effect, it is best used when focused on one person where the individual has the speakers full attention. Effect may be reduced when addressing crowds at narrators discretion.

Dashi strode up the hill, tapping the ashes out of his pipe before entering into the tent. Would be poor form to get the floor dirty in front of him. Wouldnt want to seem uncouth. Now would we?

Upon entry, Dashi greeted those within. "My Lord Light, I have been told you summoned me?" He then looked over to Katriel and smiled, "And my dear wife, I do trust everything here has been going splenidly?"

Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid @

Peng Deming
Interaction: Develius Develius

A small smile appeared on Peng's lips behind the cloth scarf. Despite the cowboy's unique mannerisms, he was a generally likeable person. "Yes I would have to agree, both on the fact that we will most likely continue to work with each other and that the fair maidens as call them are more then deserving of respect." he replied. The man's question about any information that the cowboy might haven not know caused Peng to pause for a moment. "I can not think of really anything to important, mostly keep your guard up around the Baroness. I can tell that she has ultimately has a kind hard heart by the observations I have made of her interaction with her own staff. That being said business runs in her blood, and I get the feeling that she handles most things as a transaction, and if you are the result of a band transaction it will earn you her ire. I haven't seen the Baron in any mood but his usual friendly self, but if someone upsets his wife enough I can see the kind man becoming something terrifying. Oh and be mindful of the head maid Claudia. She is a rather intesne person and something tells me there is very few lengths that the maid would not go to follow the baron's orders. Outside of that I can not offer anymore information as I am a recent hire myself."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back