• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RBY Institute ooc

Favorite Pokemon Region?

• Kanto

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Johto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Unova

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Kalos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alola

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
clarinetti clarinetti
Umeko and Yajiro are accepted.
YoungX YoungX
Trey and Stinger are accepted.

I can just tell from reading the character sheets that this will be fun^^ Rules are up, so feel free to read them before we start.

There's a lot more Zapdos members than I was expecting. I'm curious about how the students are assigned.

thanks! how exactly does combat work, btw? I understand it's dice roles, but what does 'offense: 6' mean and so on? sorry, but ive never really done dice role rps before

thanks! how exactly does combat work, btw? I understand it's dice roles, but what does 'offense: 6' mean and so on? sorry, but ive never really done dice role rps before

No problem. In this rp,

Offense = die sides.
Speed = # of rolls your character can attempt.

Battle-wise, once you're satisfied with your roll (given how many attempts you have) compare it with your opponent's roll. Higher rolls wins. Continue until opponent/you are KO. Battles will be done in the dice room for convenience. IC-wise, you can collab with your opponent to describe moves, etc however you see fit - make the fight epic/non-epic to your hearts content~

Haha, yep~ I'm just labeling offense and speed to make it sound cooler than what it really is :P I like things simple.

Though...pokemon is far from simple...and I'm still considering a way to incorporate moves/statuses. Or if I want to do that at all =/

Yeah, I agree. But complicated...so for now, I'm letting trainers call out whatever moves sound reasonable. I'm thinking I'll make certain TMs purchasable in future episodes (ones that can give certain stat effects). Course I'll need to think of them first^^

I like bulbapedia too - I use it more for research though. I never really watched the anime, because it triggered me how awful Ash was, so my knowledge comes from the games

I'm glad you're familiar with it. Good thing to have with you when written tests for points show up =)

The eternal 10 year old does seem like an idiot u_u Though I'm mollified by the fact that he does actually win (or at least gets close to winning in terms of battles). The anime was my childhood (saturday cartoons). I haven't kept up with the recent seasons though.

Moltres really feels like the Slifer dorm. I hope they get more students. Although, Articuno definitely needs more.

lmao. There's a simple pattern to how I'm sorting. Though everything will be revealed once orientation starts.

lmao. There's a simple pattern to how I'm sorting. Though everything will be revealed once orientation starts.
May I have a jab at your reasoning? Moltres is meant for students who aspire to follow the classic 'Pokemon champion' route, Articuno is for coordinators/ artsy types, and Zapdos is for academia/ those unsure of their goals.

Also, thanks for having me- I won't let you down Quirk ;D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back