• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RBY Institute ooc

Favorite Pokemon Region?

• Kanto

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Johto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Unova

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Kalos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alola

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

QuirkyAngel

White Masquerade's Blue Oni
This is where accepted players (from all episodes) can chat about ideas for the rp, different episodes, what went well, what didn't went well, or anything we want really. Need ideas when it comes to posting, ask it here. We're all pokemon fans who like writing (or at least rping) anyway =P It's also here that I'll be explaining game mechanisms as we go along (though I won't be making anything too complicated).

I'm looking forward to bouncing ideas off each other as we work together towards the completion of one episode and the start of another^^ RBY Institute is my baby, but it's also a school built by the players. All input matters to the continued evolution of this pokemon school. That said, the ooc is open for discussion. Question, comments, or just idle chatter are all welcome.

Basic RP Rules
  1. All RPN rules apply
  2. No post limit~though if I see consistent one-liners, this rule will likely be amended.
  3. One paragraph (at least 5 sentences) = 1 point; Two paragraphs = 2 points; Three+ paragraphs = 5 points. Anything less isn't worth any points, but I will condemn the occasional writer's block. Sometimes there isn't much to respond to...so just do the best you can to react to one another. That's what rping is about after all :)
  4. No double posting.
  5. Keep things where they belong. IC stuff in the IC thread. OOC chatter in the OOC thread. Dice rolls in our Rolz room (Room Name: RBY Institute).
  6. No godmodding. The only gods in this rp are the gms.
  7. Ideas will always be welcomed, but the gm gets the final say in all things pertaining to the rp.
  8. If the episode hasn't ended yet, don't just up and disappear without notice. I usually very understanding when it comes to rl issues/lost of interest/etc, but it's disrespectful to the players that are waiting for a response if they don't even get an update.
  9. Pokemon your character's can catch are randomly generated by the gm.
  10. Have fun~If you aren't, why are you here?
  11. Rules will get updated/changed as we go along. Don't be afraid to voice your opinions about the rules or what you thinks need changing.
  12. All starters start with 3 moves form it's Lvl Up List.
Battle Rules
  1. Every pokemon the rper owns (and the rp character themselves) get ONE die.
  2. <3 is health point. Every Pokemon starts off with 3. Every Trainer starts off with 1.
  3. If at any time the <3 of the Pokemon (or character) gets reduced to 0, they are K.Oed and cannot be reused until an rp post is made of them arriving at a pokemon center (or in the character's case, the gm decides where they wake up~)
  4. Battling is very simple. Win a roll to reduce the number of <3 your opponent has.
  5. Types matter. Super effective moves (-2 <3); Normal moves (-1 <3); Not very effective moves (-0.5 <3)
  6. Substitution is permitted.
  7. Points can be used to strengthen your pokemon(or your character).
  8. Rolls will be made in the Rolz room (Room Name: RBY Institute) and results incorporated into the story. Gym battles, personal battles, etc.
  9. Cheating or lying about rolls is no fun. Don't do it. Otherwise you'll be punished, or worse, expelled.
Links:
Character Sheets
PokeShop (Currently undergoing renovations)
IC
Pokemon GX NPCs
Pokemon GX - Rules and Game Mechanisms

Last edited:
I noticed earlier there was a listing for buying a second character in the shop section. How would that work? I had an idea for an older instructor/gym leader/champion type of character if one's needed later on.

I noticed earlier there was a listing for buying a second character in the shop section. How would that work? I had an idea for an older instructor/gym leader/champion type of character if one's needed later on.

Basically, I'm still debating on letting players have a second character. Part of me wants players to focus on one character for now.

Points are earned IC. Posts are worth points, completing exams, IC battling...The point system is actually an integral part of how RBY will operate as a school. I'll be keeping track of how much points are earned per character. If you want a second character, points can be used to purchase a second character. But you've got to earn it first =P

Basically, I'm still debating on letting players have a second character. Part of me wants players to focus on one character for now.

Points are earned IC. Posts are worth points, completing exams, IC battling...The point system is actually an integral part of how RBY will operate as a school. I'll be keeping track of how much points are earned per character. If you want a second character, points can be used to purchase a second character. But you've got to earn it first =P
Makes sense. Emilia is my character right now, but if I happen to be sitting on enough points when a future arc looks like it could use a new face I might cash in for another. Let's see how things play out.

I plan on throwing all kinds of fun stuff in the PokeShop. If you've got requests, feel free to list them. I'm currently still in the planning stages of the rp.

Still need to write out the rules...then I need to height restrict Justin's wartortle...

How about eventually we have a scavenger hunt? I'm bouncing the idea around in my head how we could incorporate that in to being one way students could learn the layout of the school grounds.

How about eventually we have a scavenger hunt? I'm bouncing the idea around in my head how we could incorporate that in to being one way students could learn the layout of the school grounds.

Hmmm. Yep. Okay. I like it.

Scavenger hunt can be one of the events in the orientation^^

I'm giving certain people, who have professed an interest, time to work on their cs. I'll need to get my cs up. There are certainly more things I can flesh out about the rp...

...but I fear if I spend more time planning than actually doing I won't get far =P

Should we set a deadline?

I think we should, but that's just me. I'd say no later than maybe Tuesday? That's still 5 days to get things done. Is that too soon?

Hmmmm. How about applications for ep 1 closes Sunday 9/10. I want to take into account the fact that many rpers have school/work and such now that summer's nearly over. The rp will start either 9/11 or 9/12 depending on which days I'm off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back