• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RBY Institute ooc

Favorite Pokemon Region?

• Kanto

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Johto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Unova

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Kalos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alola

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think the egg will hatch until episode 2, considering my posting rate. I think it would be fitting if a Pichu or Elekid came out, since it's from the Zapdos dorm.

Hehe, that would be fitting indeed. Your posting rate is fine. I like stability^^

I'll do my best to have a post up Monday. My schedule this week has been almost two back to back shifts the past four days.

Wowza. Best of luck there.

happy_halloween__pokemon_by_markymock-d6shfjn.jpg

Hmmph, gotcha- in the meantime, I'm going to see about getting that pesky post up sometime tomorrow. Thank you for your patience.

On another note, Happy Halloween, folks! :ghostv:

If anyone can handle a pesky post, it's you Clari~Show it what you're made of :coolshades:

They're a good bunch of kids, so it'll be especially painful when the drama and tragedy begins.

:P

Stop trying to scare people Luce. This is episode 1. I've got nothing bad planned. It's just meant to introduce the characters to RBY, do a bit of worldbuilding, test some stuff, let cliques form, etc.

Stop trying to scare people Luce. This is episode 1. I've got nothing bad planned. It's just meant to introduce the characters to RBY, do a bit of worldbuilding, test some stuff, let cliques form, etc.
Halloween is over, so I won't be trying to scare anyone. I'm just wary of future events that will probably occur after two fun-filled slice of life episodes.

Lucem is right. They should be scared. SCARED OF WHAT CATRINA FROM TEAM DELTA IS GOING TO DO TO THE ISLAND THE SCHOOL IS ON!!! MWAHAHAHA!!!

o.O

Catrina? What's she doing here?

Gwen exists in this world

Halloween is over, so I won't be trying to scare anyone. I'm just wary of future events that will probably occur after two fun-filled slice of life episodes.

I shall reveal nothing :X

A post shall be coming soon, I ended up crashing after getting through some response papers last night.

Also what the fuck, it's the original GBA-verse Archie and Maxie.

1509627703223.jpg

Lucem Lucem
Obviously, the Halloween event features the mysterious Missingno Dorm where Ophelia's older brother went missing and a guy in a dark trenchcoat, silver mask, and fedora shows up.

Last edited:

Exactly: it's only in episodes 2-3 that they get dragged into the Distortion world. ;)

Mmph, I figured I'd mix things up a bit and try working with a pseudo-nice character. I do hope she'll get to bond a bit with some of her Zapdos peers among others- time will tell I guess.

GasMaskie GasMaskie
The protagonist is catching them on casual Fridays: after all, it gets tiring to wear stiff wetsuits and itchy turtlenecks all the time.

I'm curious to see what'll happen now that they're bringing back Team Rocket and Giovanni's finally making his grand return to the crime world. Not sure why they've decided to rebrand themselves as 'Team Rainbow Rocket', but that's their prerogative. It might be interesting if the story has them encountering Red and/or Blue as they try to take down the crime syndicate once more, but we shall see.

My only disappointment is that they failed to include this cool dude in the antagonist line-up;
latest

Exactly: it's only in episodes 2-3 that they get dragged into the Distortion world. ;)

Mmph, I figured I'd mix things up a bit and try working with a pseudo-nice character. I do hope she'll get to bond a bit with some of her Zapdos peers among others- time will tell I guess.

GasMaskie GasMaskie
The protagonist is catching them on casual Fridays: after all, it gets tiring to wear stiff wetsuits and itchy turtlenecks all the time.

I'm curious to see what'll happen now that they're bringing back Team Rocket and Giovanni's finally making his grand return to the crime world. Not sure why they've decided to rebrand themselves as 'Team Rainbow Rocket', but that's their prerogative. It might be interesting if the story has them encountering Red and/or Blue as they try to take down the crime syndicate once more, but we shall see.

My only disappointment is that they failed to include this cool dude in the antagonist line-up;
latest

1509636954019.png
It's not the same Giovanni who got his ass beat by a 10 year-old, this Giovanni was successful in his 'get more money' plan and managed to capture Mewtwo. And then raise and interdimensional army. Seeing Red and Blue show up would be interesting, though we'll likely be getting the most focus on the guys at the bottom of the art - Guzma's post-game shades may indicate that RR is post-game.
Wait for the Switch game, maybe we'll get another Colosseum.

View attachment 366233
It's not the same Giovanni who got his ass beat by a 10 year-old, this Giovanni was successful in his 'get more money' plan and managed to capture Mewtwo. And then raise and interdimensional army. Seeing Red and Blue show up would be interesting, though we'll likely be getting the most focus on the guys at the bottom of the art - Guzma's post-game shades may indicate that RR is post-game.
Wait for the Switch game, maybe we'll get another Colosseum.
Ahh, that would make more sense- I admittedly hadn't considered that angle. So now that he's got Kanto/maybe Johto under his thumb, Alola's next on his list? Wants to add that sweet tourism revenue to his fortune? :P Or else maybe they'll buy out/ hostile takeover the Aether Foundation to get their hands on that Ultra Wormhole research. You could probably find some interesting applications for inter-dimensional travel ;p. I suppose we'll find out soon enough, only a few weeks left now. It almost makes me want to invest in a 3DS.

Mmm, I have heard there's speculation they'll finally make another Pokemon title for the big console (That's not Pokken Tournament). I'm not sure if it needs to be another Colosseum- I wasn't that taken by the whole 'shadow pokemon' concept, but overall it was an interesting deviation from the standard trainer's journey. If they incorporated the graphics/ open world setting of the newer games, I think they could potentially make something pretty cool. But I suspect before we get that they'll do a Gen IV remake- got to keep feeding that nostalgia after all.

A post shall be coming soon, I ended up crashing after getting through some response papers last night.

Also what the fuck, it's the original GBA-verse Archie and Maxie.

1509627703223.jpg

Lucem Lucem
Obviously, the Halloween event features the mysterious Missingno Dorm where Ophelia's older brother went missing and a guy in a dark trenchcoat, silver mask, and fedora shows up.

One of my favorite parts in the trailer is Guzma holding two Rocket grunts back while they flail at him. Having all the team leaders together will make the post-game more interesting.

Whenever someone loses a Pokémon battle in the Missingno Dorm, they get sucked through an Ultra Wormhole and never return.

Mmm, I have heard there's speculation they'll finally make another Pokemon title for the big console (That's not Pokken Tournament). I'm not sure if it needs to be another Colosseum- I wasn't that taken by the whole 'shadow pokemon' concept, but overall it was an interesting deviation from the standard trainer's journey. If they incorporated the graphics/ open world setting of the newer games, I think they could potentially make something pretty cool. But I suspect before we get that they'll do a Gen IV remake- got to keep feeding that nostalgia after all.
Nintendo has already confirmed that the Switch title will be another main entry in the game series, which will make it the first one to be on a home console. Since the system is more powerful than a handheld, I'm looking forward to how they'll change things up when it comes to graphics and mechanics.

I'm sure that XD and Colosseum will be released for the Switch at some point, they've already put out the first generation games for the 3DS.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
I posted a very short CS for one of the Luster siblings in the NPC section. There should be more detail added this weekend, hopefully with some of the others.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
I posted a very short CS for one of the Luster siblings in the NPC section. There should be more detail added this weekend, hopefully with some of the others.

I can only imagine how horribly abusive she'll be to Gray once she shows up because she's actually a huge brocon. And how French Kalosian she'll be.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
2c9.png

With each passing post, the chance of Ophelia developing a fetish for Kalosian accents after a few timeskips grows.

I can only imagine how horribly abusive she'll be to Gray once she shows up because she's actually a huge brocon. And how French Kalosian she'll be.
They don't have the best relationship, but she's probably the nicest sibling, since she feels pity for Gray and his failures, rather than outright hates him. The only abuse he's suffered is cheek pinching. She'll be pretty Kalosian, since it's one of the only two regions in the world where people are allowed to change clothes.

ad7-1.jpg

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

She's cute^^ Lol. I'm curious as to how Gray responds to cheek pinching.

Also, no worries. You're ahead of me in that department. My npcs are simply meant to add flavor to the school so I don't plan to reveal much about them other than what the players discover via conversation/interaction. Compared to the main cast, they are background, whose sole purpose is to make it so the academy doesn't feel empty. And possibly push plot =P.

OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi
You'll recognize most of them.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
2c9.png

With each passing post, the chance of Ophelia developing a fetish for Kalosian accents after a few timeskips grows.

5 points have been given for the post. Keep it up, French Kalosian-speaker.

I do see Ophelia learning Kalosian just so she can understand her friend when he speaks. At the same time, she'll be trying to teach Alain Kanto-speak u_u

Theo713 Theo713
Does Justin take the offered potion or doesn't he? Dunno whose cs to add it to =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back