• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RBY Institute ooc

Favorite Pokemon Region?

• Kanto

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Johto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Unova

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Kalos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alola

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ah, apologies for not being around much the past few weeks- was missing out on the notifications. How's it going this fine evening folks?

Mmm, it's going alright- another day, another post to procrastinate on ;p.

Haha, I hear you. Fighting procrastination is a hard battle. And endless battle. The key is to keep trying. Or let yourself fall to procrastinate-y ways. At least there's no real consequence rps. Pokemon school isn't the same as real school u_u

Haha, I hear you. Fighting procrastination is a hard battle. And endless battle. The key is to keep trying. Or let yourself fall to procrastinate-y ways. At least there's no real consequence rps. Pokemon school isn't the same as real school u_u
This is quite true- it may appear to be a fruitless struggle, but with time, perseverance, and motivational theme music, one can overcome any obstacle. After all, this is what anime has taught us above all else, hm? ;)

This is quite true- it may appear to be a fruitless struggle, but with time, perseverance, and motivational theme music, one can overcome any obstacle. After all, this is what anime has taught us above all else, hm? ;)

Episode 1's ending song:

Inspiration for Pokemon GX's halloween special episode:

I am prepared :closedeyessmile:

uscard.jpg

umcard.jpg

The leaks may have actually been real.​

Oh, cool! I won't have to wait until the end of the episode? I'll get on it once I stop dying from workload

Oh, cool! I won't have to wait until the end of the episode? I'll get on it once I stop dying from workload

Yep~I'll tell you what I told White. I have no idea how long it'll be until episode 2 begins. Having an outline doesn't guarantee squat and life is unpredictable <.<

Good luck with work.

Seeing Team Rocket made me skeptical, but it'd be pretty neat if they actually show up. I'd like to see a battle or two between Rocket and Skull Grunts.

View attachment 364289

Which would you vote for if that were the case? Rocket or Skull Grunts?

I would definitely vote for Rocket. Of course, I'm a damn dirty genwunner, so my opinion miiiiight be a bit biased.

I should be able to post later tonight. I'll finally have Gray take the egg that Koert has been holding for the past week.

I should be able to post later tonight. I'll finally have Gray take the egg that Koert has been holding for the past week.

Haha, I'm sure Koert would appreciate that^^

Since I decided to make gaining moves a thing and had you guys choose moves, I’m considering adding more to the battle system to make these moves worth your time.

Heal moves: Recover 1 heart. Can be used outside of battle.

Status Inflicting Moves: Roll an additional 10 sided die, or 6 sided die, if the attack is a success. Status may be inflicted. We’ll be using math to determine whether or not the status is inflicted.

10% status – roll 10 on a ten sided die

30% status – roll 10, 9, 8 on a ten sided die

50% status – roll 10, 9, 8, 7, or 6 on a ten sided die. Or roll a 4, 5, 6 on a six sided die. Your choice.

70% status – don’t roll 1, 2, or 3 on a ten sided die.

33% status – roll 5 or 6 on a six-sided die.

66% status – don’t roll 1 or 2 on a six sided die.

DoT statuses (Burn, poison, etc): Victim loses 0.2 hearts over 5 turns.

Statuses like Paralyze, Flinch, Frozen, Sleep: Victim cannot roll for next 1 turn.

Dodge: Rather than attacking, you can call your pokemon to dodge instead. Simply roll your character/pokemon’s die. If you win the roll, your pokemon avoids damage and gains a +3 on their next attack for surprise factor.

Moves that help dodging:
Non-offensive moves that adds 5 to die roll, but only when attempting to dodge. Currently includes Dig, Future Sight, Fly, and DoubleTeam. More may be added later.

Buff moves: Varies. If roll wins, buff activates and lasts 3 turns. No heart is lost. If roll loses, opponent attacks first, and gets a free hit. Compare the two dices. If the losing roll is less than half of the winning roll, buff was not activated due to interruption. Generally:

Speed/Accuracy buffs: +2 speed (# of die)

Power buffs: +10 offense (dice side)

Damage reducing buffs (Iron Defense, Harden, Protect, etc): Super effective attacks become normal, Normal becomes not very effective, Not very effective becomes immunity, for the duration of the buff.

Weather Changing moves: Creates an extreme weather field that lasts 3 turns. Activation is similar to a buff move.

Rain Dance -- doubles the dice side when using water moves, cuts the dice side when using fire moves. Thunder cannot be dodged.

Sunny Day—doubles the dice side when fire moves, cuts the dice side when using moves. SolarBeam and Morning Sun get doubled effect.

SandStorm – Types not ground, rock, or steel lose 0.5 heart each turn.

Hail – Types not ice lose 0.5 heart each turn.

That’s all I have for now. More may be added for future episodes…maybe. I’ll listen to requests, but no promises. Thoughts? Say them now or forever hold your peace. Also, if we do implement move specifications, I’ll likely put a limit on the amount of moves that can be utilized per battle. Like your pokemon can only use 2 digs before exhausting its paws or something =P More would be possible only through training (buyting with points)

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
Everything looks pretty good. I feel like weather moves could be exploited somewhere down the line, but it's pretty early right now. We're still in the first episode, so there's plenty of time to experiment.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
Everything looks pretty good. I feel like weather moves could be exploited somewhere down the line, but it's pretty early right now. We're still in the first episode, so there's plenty of time to experiment.

Mmm, yep~I do need me some experimenters. If the weather moves, or any of the moves for that matter, feel too powerful, I'll start weakening them. By the decree of Arceus, no moves shall be too rigged.

I hope Gray is eager to meet his new friend.

I'll do my best to have a post up Monday. My schedule this week has been almost two back to back shifts the past four days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back