• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Ranger looking for an apprentice

bloodpaladin88

Unlucky Member
Greetings, fellow roleplayers! I'm new 'round these parts, but my experience has been pretty good so far, and I'm really looking forward to creating new stories with everyone here. That said, there is one in particular I've been wanting to write. Just like the title says, I have a ranger who's looking for an apprentice. He's pretty much as strong as he's going to get and has been on several adventures, and now feels it's time to pass on what he learned, and eventually maybe even open up an Academy to train even more. Here's his bio:

Name: Renarias "Ren" Sealgairí
Race: Wood Elf
Height/Weight: Ren is 6'4'' and weights 165 pounds, yet he is still light and graceful on his feet.
Family: Deceased
Voice/Accent: Ren has a smooth voice and speaks in a slight Irish accent.
Classes: Ranger and Druid

Description: Ren is tall, even for his kind. He has russet skin and long light brown hair that he keeps tied in a ponytail and likes to style with braids, and his piercing green eyes pay attention to everything he sees. His lean musculature is a result of years of practicing his kind's favoured martial art, archery. A few scars adorn his body from all the vocations he's had throughout his life, and he sports a tattoo on each arm. One, of a tree, symbolizes his worship for the forests of the world. The other, a dragon, signifies his hatred of the vile reptiles.
Keeping with druidic tradition, Ren is wearing a breastplate made of wood rather than metal, but not any wood, ironwood created and enchanted by his own hands. He also wears a cloak of his kind that allows him to blend with the environment, and on his back he carries several quivers and a bow made of ivory with inset gold in a celtic design with a black leather wrapped handle. Around his neck he has two necklaces: a green orb that radiates with natural magic, and the gold and silver medallion of his deity.
His current animal companion is no mere beast, but a griffon that Ren helped a while back. The griffon's eyes shine with intelligence, and it can understand the spoken tongue, to the surprise of many. The pair travel through the air, carried by the griffon's powerful wings, and Ren rides him without the need for a saddle.
ren-order-bloodpaladin88-trans.png

The setting is heavily Pathfinder/D&D inspired, since this was originally a Pathfinder character. More details than that aren't really necessary since the rp would focus more on the relationship built between master and student, but Ren is primatrily a forest Ranger, so expect the main environments to be forests. If you're interested, here's the kind of character I'm looking for:

Race: Doesn't matter, since Ren just wants to pass on his teachings. Instead, he'll be paying more attention to his prospective student's skills, and whether they have a connection to nature, literal or metaphorical.
Age: Probably someone on the younger side, since Ren himself is also fairly young for an elf, and he'd feel weird teaching someone that probably already has a lot of life experience, but he'll take on anyone.
Abilities: Primarily, he's looking for good hunters, but he'll take on those that are also adept at medicine, or handling animals. And since his kind of magic is given, not learned, a certain devotion to either god's of nature, or just nature itself, will help in the development of magical talents. Survivalism and good senses are also key to being a good Ranger.
Background: Because of Ren's own upbringing, he will be paying more attention to folks that seem to stand apart from the crowd, or that are not very well accepted by their peers, or even that lead solitary lifestyles. The ostracized, bullied, or shunned, that have the ability to fight back and lash out, but restrain themselves because they don't want to hurt others.
Personality: Obviously, Rangers must be quiet, but also fearless and quick witted. He's looking for an apprentice with a strong sense of justice and the desire to protect others, both civilized and wild people.

Obviously, those requirements aren't set in stone, and he'll take on anyone he feels would make a good ranger. Let me know if you're interested and what kind of character you'd like to play, then we can discuss how Ren comes across them during his travels and events could lead to your character being accepted as The Ranger's Apprentice (no affiliation with the book series, of course, it's just a really basic but good title)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back