Other Random question of the day

I'd say no...? I imagine the orphanage caretakers are your family albeit temporary until adoption can be established. Assuming the orphan in question is in one.

If you want to get technical, the answer is still no because even if your parents are no longer apart of your life, they are still biologically your family, so no.

Very rare do I ever just stay at home all day so I'll usually dress as if i have somewhere to be. Wear a lot of shorts in the summer and pants throughout winter. Even when i have no plans I like to get dressed as if i plan to some point change my mind.

Again this kind of stuff is pretty highly dependent on its implications. I guess as a rule of thumb, I'd be more ok with being turned into a more modern version of a monster and would rather not be turned into a more classical version, especially the originals. But even then either of these is a HUGE range of variety in the exact characteristics.

Gun to my head, I'll say no, only because I don't wanna take the risk of RNG running me into a monster I wouldn't want, but there are definitely cases/versions I would accept.

Random question of the day:

Would it be possible to clone extinct animals through fossilized mosquitoes like in the Jurassic Park franchise?
Scientifically, probably not. I have read a bit of the science behind this sort of thing.

Random question of the day:

Would it be possible to clone extinct animals through fossilized mosquitoes like in the Jurassic Park franchise?

Forgive me if I’m mistaken but I believe the idea was that the mosquito was preserved in amber, not fossilized. Fossilization is a process that involves the body’s organic components being replaced with mineral components over time, requiring a number of conditions I don’t entirely recall, thus what you get in the end is essentially a mold of the original creature. The conceit in Jurassic Park is that the mosquitos, and more specifically, the blood inside them, would have been protected from ravages of time, namely when it comes to decomposition, in other words it would have remained in an organic state and good enough condition to extract the DNA.

In reality though, that level of preservation is just not possible, not with simply amber. Externally sourced bacteria and animals certainly accelerate the decomposition process, but organic components will over time break down on their own and with the bacteria that already exists in our bodies even if nothing external comes. And there certainly was a lot of time between now and the time when these Mosquitos would’ve died.

Now that being said, while something like the dinosaurs would be impossible to save, there are plenty of dead species of animals who were lost a lot more recently. I don’t think we are at the level of generic research, understanding and technology were we could reconstruct an animal from a sample of DNA alone, but in theory I believe such advancements might be possible and applicable to more recently extinct animals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back