Other Random question of the day

Random question of the day:

Would it be possible to clone extinct animals through fossilized mosquitoes like in the Jurassic Park franchise?
Forgive me if I’m mistaken but I believe the idea was that the mosquito was preserved in amber, not fossilized. Fossilization is a process that involves the body’s organic components being replaced with mineral components over time, requiring a number of conditions I don’t entirely recall, thus what you get in the end is essentially a mold of the original creature. The conceit in Jurassic Park is that the mosquitos, and more specifically, the blood inside them, would have been protected from ravages of time, namely when it comes to decomposition, in other words it would have remained in an organic state and good enough condition to extract the DNA.

In reality though, that level of preservation is just not possible, not with simply amber. Externally sourced bacteria and animals certainly accelerate the decomposition process, but organic components will over time break down on their own and with the bacteria that already exists in our bodies even if nothing external comes. And there certainly was a lot of time between now and the time when these Mosquitos would’ve died.

Now that being said, while something like the dinosaurs would be impossible to save, there are plenty of dead species of animals who were lost a lot more recently. I don’t think we are at the level of generic research, understanding and technology were we could reconstruct an animal from a sample of DNA alone, but in theory I believe such advancements might be possible and applicable to more recently extinct animals.
Short answer: nah

LOL nope, but I technically have seen movies I wasn't suppose to see. My aunt allowed me to see Grease all of the way through when I was like 6 or 7. There were adult situations in it and they did go over my head at the time.

Yes. The year was 2005. The movie was Hellraiser.

MV5BZDM2OGViNjAtMmM5OS00YzJiLTgzODItNTZlYzcxNjAyZDUyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

I was 11, and my friend that convinced me to sneak in with him was 12 at the time. Did not end well.

I’ll wear a suit and shoes depending on the type of formal occasion.

It's usually formal pants and a dress shirt. If an occasion is very formal then it calls for a tie, maybe a vest.

Most of suit jackets sit weirdly on me :/

My super hero name would probably be my rpnation username and as for power, it likely be regenerative healing, cat like reflexes, being able to extend my claws and use them as weapons.

For me, yes. I highly prefer TV shows over movies bc shows go into more character depth. I’m more likely to see a movie if it has prequels or sequels or the movie is long bc it has side stories/characters.

I would say no. In fact there are plenty of stories that would actively be hurt by having additional media made of them, even discounting the fact that these are often low-quality cash grabs. A self-contained story is best in most media, in my opinion, and prequels/side-stories should be made if they can be great on their own merit as their own self-contained thing. The fact that they are connected to other media should be a bonus, not the centerpiece of the appeal.

I have no idea and most of them aren’t pet proof. There’s many situations where are cat chewed up cables.

In the past, some things were suboptimal because the better ways of doing it weren't discovered yet.

I have to say Final Fantasy VII I grew up with that game since the original was released. I have inside jokes with a friend who is a fan. Things in the game have become memes between us unintentionally.

Star Wars probably. My mind holds too many related memes and quotes for no reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back