Other Random question of the day

None. To be honest I feel there are more than enough Mario games already (but I am also aware that a franchise like this will keep getting milked dry)

I am afraid of asking for a new Paper Mario with how they seem to change them all the time. A new Mario Party for sure though, I didnt like the car system that much of the recent one.

Random question of the day:

Do you feel that the #MeToo movement is cancel culture in disguise?
No. Mostly because I don't think cancel culture is a real thing. It's just something assholes invented to try and avoid facing consequences for their actions.

Also, is it really a good idea to ask such a controversial question if you're not gonna allow any discussion of it?

No. Mostly because I don't think cancel culture is a real thing. It's just something assholes invented to try and avoid facing consequences for their actions.

Also, is it really a good idea to ask such a controversial question if you're not gonna allow any discussion of it?
Yeah, I had doubts in the back of my head about asking such a controversial question, but I did it anyway.

Perhaps I should make a new thread that allows discussions on the question of the day in order to avoid clogging up this thread but still allowing people to discuss the question being asked.

It's not a yes or no question, things aren't black and white. The movement has done a lot of good in letting women be heard who were too afraid or too unimportant for society to listen to them before, but like anything, it can also be misused against its original purpose.

I don’t think it’s specifically targeted at the homeless, though people with less money are more subject to any more accessible forms of gaining currency. It’s a policy meant to promote recycling.

We don't have bottle deposits here but I think they are a good idea. If homeless people can make some cash when they have limited options then isn't that a good thing? As long as it doesn't become exploitative. I'm in two minds about that. From a recycling POV I'd like to have them here.

Do you feel that people who start ambitious projects, only to cancel them afterwards and then start an equally ambitious project are idiots?

Do you feel that people who start ambitious projects, only to cancel them afterwards and then start an equally ambitious project are idiots?
Considering how many times I've tried to start writing a book, but stall a couple chapters in... yeah... sometimes I feel like an idiot.

I have heard people who have anxiety when the trigger is big projects, or bipolar, or manic episodes (or those of other more aligned mental illnesses) tend to do this, but that doesn't make them idiots. It just makes them burn out and have other mental issues later down the line and then they start getting upset with themselves when they can't finish it.

While I don't have these issues, I don't feel like an idiot for stopping an ambitious project after a while just to start on a new one. Sometimes I lose the creative energy I had on that one project due to another idea that had cropped up and I can't focus on anything else except for that one idea. That doesn't make me an idiot, that just makes me very indecisive and impatient since it isn't being finished by itself. :grinningteeth:

No. Sometimes an ambitious project doesn't work out and you need to cut your losses. Also sometimes I just get really fucking tired and need to stop. I'm defintely not an idiot but I clearly have some other failings. XD I think it's better to be ambitious and fail than to not be ambitious at all.

I wouldn't say so. There are a number of reasons people may have in their way of being that could explain such tendencies. For example, it was listed as one of the traits of the INTP personality when I took the test. Jordan Peterson says that the tendency is associated with a higher degree of openness. And there is of course, good of old fashion laziness, or a lower impulse control that could lead one to more easily pick up projects that sound good without properly assessing their long-term requirements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back