Other Random question of the day

Random question of the day:

Do you feel like some kids are way too young and immature to be on the internet?
I mean... which parts of the internet? There are plenty of kid friendly sites and and sites that have child restrictions for a reason. I have a three year old, and he has his own tablet. But obviously, he can't just go poking around anywhere he wants.

I mean... which parts of the internet? There are plenty of kid friendly sites and and sites that have child restrictions for a reason. I have a three year old, and he has his own tablet. But obviously, he can't just go poking around anywhere he wants.
Social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, Discord et cetera.

Is the bad acting of child actors in movies excusable because of them being children?

To an extent. Specifically it depends on the magnitude of the bad acting, and the importance of their role. Of course, any bad acting will damage a movie, but you can’t really blame children who haven’t had a chance to be properly trained (and whom it is questionable if you even want them to be trained in that way at that age given the ethical concerns), especially considering even grown actors may have poor acting with lackluster direction or scripts, so experience and the ability to improvise may also be needed and absent in someone with a lower age.

Social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, Discord et cetera.
Well, Discord now requires larger servers to vet their age groups. If you can't proffer up an ID, you aren't (supposed to be) allowed into certain areas.

As far as twitter and Facebook... Well, facebook is tame. It's TOO censored and uptight, as far as I'm concerned. I don't know anything about Twitter, but it looks pretty boring.

I don't know anything about Twitter, but it looks pretty boring.

Twitter is just toxic garbage filled with hate groups and cancel culture. Every now and then you get something wholesome but Twitter is almost as bad as Tumblr before they tried to "save" Tumblr.

As for the question of the day, it's usually the direction that the directors have done and the way they treat their kids. There is a way to direct children and get them to express and do things the way they are supposed to be. I know several child actors who were phenomenal in their roles (ie: the one in The Shining, though Kubrick was a perfectionist I believe he treated the kid well and directed him properly). But it just depends on the kid if they are built for acting and the direction of the director. If they don't direct, then the kid won't perform the way they want.

That is nothing on the kid. Kids are rather intelligent but if they don't get a reason as to why they should do something or if they don't have someone who can help them understand what they should be doing, then you get the kid who played Mowgli in the live action Jungle Book.

Twitter is just toxic garbage filled with hate groups and cancel culture. Every now and then you get something wholesome but Twitter is almost as bad as Tumblr before they tried to "save" Tumblr.
I don't know anything about Tumblr either. Tbh, I'm not very "connected" through social media. I don't even own a cell phone. I honestly think I interact with online peeps on sites like this more than anywhere else.

That is nothing on the kid. Kids are rather intelligent but if they don't get a reason as to why they should do something or if they don't have someone who can help them understand what they should be doing, then you get the kid who played Mowgli in the live action Jungle Book.
Or that kid who played Anakin in the Star Wars prequels. Terrible, terrible actor. And it wasn't just in the SW movies. I had seen him somewhere else, and he was just as bad. He's gotta be related to someone in the production or something to have continued his career. Anyways, that was years and years ago. I don't know (or care) what has happened to him since.

Well, Discord now requires larger servers to vet their age groups. If you can't proffer up an ID, you aren't (supposed to be) allowed into certain areas.

As far as twitter and Facebook... Well, facebook is tame. It's TOO censored and uptight, as far as I'm concerned. I don't know anything about Twitter, but it looks pretty boring.

Can confirm about FB being too censored. I've been banned for about four months now. I got one 30 day ban and then kept getting more 30 day bans every time I returned.

Can confirm about FB being too censored. I've been banned for about four months now. I got one 30 day ban and then kept getting more 30 day bans every time I returned.

stuff i would post would get bot-flagged and removed so often that I just stopped posting things altogether. I pretty much just visit by logging on, scrolling down my feed, get bored, and sign out. Facebook has definitely lost its luster for me.

stuff i would post would get bot-flagged and removed so often that I just stopped posting things altogether. I pretty much just visit by logging on, scrolling down my feed, get bored, and sign out. Facebook has definitely lost its luster for me.

I still use it, but mostly because some people I interact with refuse to go to any other platform.

I still use it, but mostly because some people I interact with refuse to go to any other platform.
i have like 30-ish ppl on my friends list. All of them family or ppl I know irl. 4/5 of them I don't even talk to. lol

Or that kid who played Anakin in the Star Wars prequels. Terrible, terrible actor. And it wasn't just in the SW movies. I had seen him somewhere else, and he was just as bad. He's gotta be related to someone in the production or something to have continued his career. Anyways, that was years and years ago. I don't know (or care) what has happened to him since.
The fact that all the bullying he received because of his portrayal of Anakin more or less ruined his life kind of makes this post a bit in bad taste.

The fact that all the bullying he received because of his portrayal of Anakin more or less ruined his life kind of makes this post a bit in bad taste.
*shrugs*

My opinion doesn't change because other people went and berated him over it. I thought it was a terrible job. Did I go to my social media and put it on blast? No.

Did other people that shared my opinion go and put it on blast? Apparently so.

Did his acting still suck? Yeah.

I stand by my convictions, and am not responsible for the actions of the internet collective.

Anyhow... I seem to have strayed off-topic. Ceasing, and desisting now

Last edited:

Would people still be playing online on older game consoles if their online support wasn't cut?

Most definitely! I actually don't even have a newer generation console. While the service for some of my semi-older games might still exist, no one gets on and plays them anymore. Like, the Monster Hunter games on the 3DS. Also, the stuff I had on Gamecube. Fantasy Star Online. That was one of my favorite games back in the day. You can still play multi-player split-screen. So at least I have that. Also, some of the Soul Calibur games on my... PS3? I think it was PS3. I forget, tbh. But yeah, I would very much love it if my old games were still viable with online multiplayer function. I don't have, nor am I planning to get, a new console anytime soon. Maybe once my toddler gets to an age where I know he won't throw the controller or dip it in his cereal, I'll look into getting a new system so the family can play together. But until then...

Has fanfiction ever made you write lore around it?
I wish I could relate to this, but I really don't read fanfiction (anymore). I've tried to read various works from various writers on various sites of various fandoms. And imo, fanfiction is generally quite terrible. Doesn't help that like 80% of it is just romantic pairing. Bleh

Would people still be playing online on older game consoles if their online support wasn't cut?
Absolutely. Some old games were so good that they still have a huge fanbase up to this day. Which certainly wouldn't mind playing online still. And Phantasy Star Online is a good example of that.

Has fanfiction ever made you write lore around it?
Somewhat? I wrote a fanfic based on MMORPG. While the main lore was still there, I still had to fill in some gaps for the story flow.

Why do genies/magical creatures in general have a rule against bringing back dead people?
"I can't bring back the dead. It's not a pretty picture."
3hs2i1.png

I actually thought the way Genie phrases this is more of a lean that he can. It's just that he really, really doesn't want to do it.

Also:
R9e1930e34f2208a7365e0e5b470efe7e.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back