Other Random question of the day

Have you ever looked forward to going on a trip only for it to be cancelled? If so, did you still get to go on the trip later on?
When I was studying abroad, I was supposed to go home for winter holidays. But I couldn't go in the end because there was too much snow and flights got canceled. So I ended up spending holidays alone at the uni campus. I went home eventually but not during those holidays.

Who's the most iconic movie bully (In your opinion)?
Jabba the Hutt in the old Star Wars movies. I mean, he was literally bullying Han Solo and Leia in episodes 5-6.

Even though she made a minor appearance in the first book. Nancy bobofit from Percy Jackson and the lighting thief.

Not really. They always get into situations where they make terrible choices, especially in the earlier movies.

They can be. It’s just a question of focusing on the point and intent being conveyed, making the distinction between the message and what part of the behavior is to be looked up to and what is fairy tale dressing.

Hi it's me, your local Villain Fan, 1000% unable to pick a favorite because I have so many I love.

I guess a shortlist of main favorites would be, uh...

• Lance from Balan Wonderworld
  • Micolash from Bloodborne
  • The Riddler from DC Comics
  • Maxwell from Don't Starve
  • Gangryn from Dragon Flyz
  • Bill Cipher from Gravity Falls
  • Skeletor from He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (2002)
  • Tri-Klops from He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (2002)
  • Hades from (Disney's) Hercules
  • Malone from Highlander: The Animated Series
  • Doctor Octopus from both Marvel Comics and The Spectacular Spider-Man Cartoon
  • Ghost from Marvel Comics
  • Mysterio from both Marvel Comics and The Spectacular Spider-Man Cartoon
  • Gali from Monster Farm
  • Naga from Monster Farm
  • Scarab from Mummies Alive!
  • Jackle the Mantle from NiGHTS into dreams...
  • Reala from NiGHTS into dreams...
  • Doctor Facilier from The Princess and the Frog
  • The Wolf from Puss in Boots: The Last Wish
  • Homunculus from Shadow of Destiny
  • Tinkerer from The Spectacular Spider-Man Cartoon
  • Toffee from Star vs. the Forces of Evil
  • Shockwave from both Transformers Bayverse and Transformers Prime
  • Knock Out from Transformers Prime
  • Starscream from Transformers Prime
  • Fracture from Transformers: Robots in Disguise
  • Vertebreak from Transformers: Robots in Disguise
  • Andrei from Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
  • Stanley Gimble from Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
  • Sebastian LaCroix from Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

I think maybe my favorite villain I sympathize with most is probably Maxwell, Starscream, or LaCroix; my favorite villain who was purposefully written as more of an antagonist who turns out to not be villainous is The Wolf; my favorite purposefully sympathetic villain is Malone...

But oddly enough, maybe my favorite villain who was actually meant to be a villain who I don't sympathize with at all and I think was super well done and enjoyable to have on-screen is actually Eddie Fiori from Kindred: The Embraced. Really not the best TV show, it only ever got eight episodes and one of them never even aired on TV (and that was the correct decision, tbh; it's a very bad episode), but what it got right it got really right and enjoyable, and "The Rise and Fall of Eddie Fiori" was a legitimately great episode.

Last edited:
Claude *clap* Frollo *clap*

He's just so evil and I want to fight him and his songs are so good and little Jewish me cried while watching it for the first time because little Jewish me had just read about some of the shitfuckery the catholic church threw against the Jews (a seven-year-olds guide to antisemitic persecution. nobody expects the Spanish inquisition!). He's creepy, he's self righteous, he thinks he is a good guy (unlike most Disney villains who are happy to be evil) he's just so human, in his lusts and his hate and his twisted ideals.

and hellfire is SO DAMN GOOD.

Not sure if I asked this one before, but...

Random question of the day:

Who's your favorite movie/TV show/video game villain?
My favorite villain happens to be Don Quixote Doflamingo. He’s a complex character that’s very well written into One Piece specifically introducing him properly into the Dressrosa arc. What makes him terrifying isn’t his devil fruit abilities but his motives.

Last edited:
Following up from yesterday, I have another list! Yes, I admit I am usually a villain fan, but I do love a lot of heroes as well:

• Balan from Balan Wonderworld
  • Radio from The Brave Little Toaster
  • Floofty and Snorpy Fizzlebean from Bugsnax
  • The Flagellant, Grave Robber, Jester, Leper, Occultist, and Plague Doctor from Darkest Dungeon
  • Wes, Wilson P. Higgsbury, and Wormwood from Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together (I like a lot of them but those three are my very favorites)
  • Orac from Dragon Flyz
  • Ichinose Hajime, Ninomiya Rui, and O.D from Gatchaman Crowds
  • Basil of Baker Street from The Great Mouse Detective
  • Buzz-Off, Mekaneck, Orko, Roboto, and Sy-Klone from He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (2002)
  • Dororo and Saburo Mutsumi from Keroro Gunso (...and Kururu but it feels weird listing him as a hero lol)
  • Lilo Pelekai, Nani Pelekai, and Pleakley from Lilo & Stitch
  • Danger Duck, Rev Runner, and Tech E. Coyote from Loonatics Unleashed
  • Ham and Suezo from Monster Farm
  • Nefer-Tina and Rath from Mummies Alive!
  • Ooyama Houki from The Nameless Game series
  • Mae Borowski and Gregg Lee from Night in the Woods
  • ALL the girls from Puella Magi Madoka Magica but especially Akemi Homura, Miki Sayaka, and Sakura Kyoko
  • Adlet Myer, Fremy Speeddraw, and Hans Humpty from Rokka no Yuusha
  • All four girls from School-Live! but I do especially love Ebisuzawa Kurumi
  • Adora, Glimmer, Mermista, and Perfuma from She-Ra and the Princesses of Power (and Entrapta but I'm not sure if she counts as a "hero," and I say this very fondly)
  • Spider-Man from The Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon
  • Lots of the main heroes from the Spider-Verse movies but let's be real here: Spider-Punk
  • TONS OF TRANSFORMERS CHARACTERS. Crosshairs and Drift from the Bayverse movies; Mirage, Perceptor, Red Alert, and Tracks from G1; Blades and Chase from Rescue Bots and Rescue Bots Academy; Charlie Burns from Rescue Bots; Medix, Whirl, Wedge from Rescue Bots Academy; Fixit from Robots in Disguise; Blurr and Prowl from Transformers Animated; Bumblebee, Dot Malto, Hashtag, Nightshade, and Twitch from from Transformers EarthSpark; Ratchet, Ultra Magnus, and Wheeljack from Transformers Prime

I think maybe my favorites at this very moment, and they have been for years, are Ichinose Hajime and Ninomiya Rui from Gatchaman Crowds. Absolutely adore them. And two of my new favorites that are also super high up there are Rath from Mummies Alive! and Spider-Punk from Across the Spider-Verse!

Honestly, Media personality or otherwise, I think you’d have more trouble finding someone who doesn’t do that than someone who does.

Heck I’d go as far as to argue most people who would tell you they don’t are simply unaware of how they’ve adapted.

Random question of the day:

Would you say that much like celebrities, YouTubers adapt as the media world changes through the years?
I'd say they have to adapt significantly more. Their job is directly tied to their fans interest where as celebrities can and do get to keep being celebs when they release a few bad movies or shows.

I watched it at one point, but it was far too long ago for me to remember, to me it was another show that happened to be on when I was bored and the stuff I actually wanted to see wasn’t on. It was just kind of there, not very memorable.

Ugh, no. Controllers are expensive, knowing their price stops me from breaking them even in frustration 😅

Unfortunately, yeah, sleep exhaustion, working nights, and a loud family — a lovely mixed combo which cracked me like an egg a few years ago. I broke my switch during Pokemon, of all things, and in hindsight, I was behaving like a little toddler. After that, all switches are now treated as gold and, thankfully, sleep is no longer an issue. Little titbit of advice: never play a game when your sleep deprived and emotionally exhausted. :closed eyes open smile:

Almost broke my wiimote and nunchuck in highschool playing donkey kong country 😩 I was very surprised when I picked it up and it worked after, haha. I was more careful after that--

Users who are viewing this thread

Back