Other Random question of the day

I'm sure there's been a few my memory has gone since seeing all of them, but the one that stuck with me was in Naruto: Shippuden where the main character was enroute to save one of his best friends, but he was already dead, and the killers were seated on top of his lifeless body. At that time I put myself very easily in characters' shoes, so it hit me really hard to think of that being one of my friends, I was livid. In time of course he was revived but the sequence felt gut-wrenching as it happened.

Disclaimer: I do not know all the lore of Naruto, nor have watched all the episodes and season. I just happened to sit through that season and watch episodes sparsely.

Not sure if I asked this one before, but...

Random question of the day:

What would the video game industry look like if Atari and Sega were still in the console market today?

Pretty much the same as now, just more competitors.

What are some messed up movie/TV show/video game moments that hit harder when you're an adult (In your opinion)?
In Wild Arms 1 the towns people of Saint Centour were kidnapped by the demons for experimentation. You never see or hear from again and the only one who is left is a blind girl named Aura. The sad music ‘ After the Chaos and Destruction’ is now always playing.

No answers yesterday. What a shame.

How are some actors capable of portraying a villain in a movie/TV show so well that people in real life start treating them like they're actually that villain?

Do you believe that our childhood cartoons influenced our taste in men/women in the present day?
Not so much cartoons, but there were definitely movies that influenced my tastes in what I find attractive. He's an older guy now, but Rutger Hauer was one of my childhood crushes when I was a preteen/teen. lol

No answers yesterday. What a shame.

How are some actors capable of portraying a villain in a movie/TV show so well that people in real life start treating them like they're actually that villain?
Because some actors are very good at their job, and some people are delusional

What's one bad ending in a video game that you actually preferred over the good ending?
Jade Empire was one of those games that had you making moral choices the whole game through. It came out round the same time as the Kotor game and was essentially the Chinese-mythology inspired version of these kinds of games. Anyway, long story short, the game had multiple endings and I much preferred the one where you side with a demon and betray a few of your companions and then fight and kill the big, benevolent dragon spirit. The goody-goody ending was just your typical save the day spiel, nothing special.

Is it true that there is no fate but what you make for yourself?
I'm more inclined to believe in Determinism. Determinism is the theory (philosophy? belief? whatever you wanna call it) that all of your (re)actions are determined by the events that unfolded before and around you. Kinda like the butterfly effect but taken to the beginning of events. I mean, the scale is infinite. But essentially, it is the concept that everything is on a path of likelihood determined by cause and effect. You actions, your decisions, your personality, is shaped by everything that came before you. Life is just a very VERY complicated algorithm of events that have a distinct outcome in any given situation based on what occurred to create them. So... it's sort of like Fate based on Chance. But in the end, he choices you think are your own are merely a result of Determinism.

It would depend on the historical figure of course, as well as whoever they happened to come across first (a passionate historian compared to the kind of person with a categorical hatred of anyone whose morals deviate from the modern ones would give very different impressions of how someone's legacy is viewed for example). That being said, I imagine many of them would be like:

homer-collar.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back