Other Random question of the day

Humanity survived for literally thousands of years, so...

Survive? No problem. Till I die (however that will happen)
Survive happily? Like. A day.

Indefinitely... but I can only contact my best friend with technology, so I'd be terribly sad about that.

I watched a bit of both but not enough to have any specific opinion on either of them. But I'd probably pick How I Met Your Mother, because I used to watch it with a friend during summer trips and it holds a special meaning for me not related to the show itself :)

Friends, because the ending of How I met your mother irked me beyond reason. Nether is my fav show tho

Both were well before my time and never really piqued my interest.

And that's saying something because I'm retro as shit.

Random question of the day:

What would happen if two of your favorite fictional characters swapped roles?

Oh GOSH this would be weird.

Ella Lopez from Lucifer swaps with Harold Finch from Person of Interest.

Who was once a bubbly, extroverted, optimistic, and faithful forensic scientist working for the LAPD would become reclusive, private, heavily principled, and quite socially anxious... but also extremely smart.
And also squeamish and afraid of guns. Funny position to be working.

On the other hand, a lonely millionaire - possibly billionaire - who needs to keep his identity a secret in the depths of New York to survive, is suddenly a very outgoing and chipper lady. She has much more hands-on work now In her new role: Instead of inspecting crime scenes, she's rescuing people BEFORE they're murdered, in dangerous, high-stakes situations, where the pressure is constant.

To be honest I don't think either one would fare fantastic in the other's role... but Finch has a knack for working out WHATEVER situation he's in, so I think while he wouldn't do FANTASTIC, he'd do OKAY.

Ella, on the other hand, has really rarely been faced with physically dangerous situations, and the one time I remember she HAS been, she had a drug-induced crisis of faith. I really don't think she could handle the pressure and darkness of needing to save people from some of the world's most despicable humans in the bowels of NYC, all while shedding identities like a snake and trying to keep her friends safe in the process. She could totally handle the less lawful parts of the process, funnily enough.

One universe has supernatural elements while the other doesn't - that makes it a little weird.

LennyTheMemeGod LennyTheMemeGod You're the only person who really knows what this rambling means

I think I prefer the board game one. I watched it as a kid and it left a more lasting impression.

Did you hear about the guy that got hit in the head with a soda can?

good thing it was a soft drink

how do you spell your name?

yourname (i work in a nursing home and this is one the jokes on the residents likes to ask)

Is there any movie/video game/TV show character that isn't the main protagonist you felt was the true winner of the plot that the movie/video game/TV show establishes?

Humanity survived for literally thousands of years, so...
True, but I'd like to add my 2c because I think this is a really interesting question.
If you take all of humanity's history and stretch it into a line, you'll see that our current dependance on technology is a really recent thing.
We've had generations that were able to survive no matter what happened.
The most recent generations have never had to learn survival skills and survive without technology or the internet. I fear that if you flipped the internet off tomorrow you'd see riots in the streets pretty fast and total chaos on a worldwide scale soon after.
Myself? With a newborn I think I wouldn't have a choice but to adapt, but it would seriously negatively affect my life.

Is there any movie/video game/TV show character that isn't the main protagonist you felt was the true winner of the plot that the movie/video game/TV show establishes?

All of Bridge 4 in the Stormlight Archives.
Kaladin is the one that has to deal with all the depression, survivor's guilt and big fights.
The rest of Bridge 4 mostly got saved and enjoy much better lives thanks to the random introduction of Kaladin Stormblessed into their ranks.

Edit: I just noticed it didn't say "Books", whoopsie.
I'll leave my shame up there and try to come up with something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back