Other Random question of the day

honestly.... it depends. if the bad guy is like... a genocider or a tyrant.... then yeah.... but like.... when a hero shows mercy to the villain after killing all their henchmen....

It depends. Not killing the enemy allows for redemption arcs that might be interesting sometimes.

No. If killing doesn't fit the protagonist's personality then I wouldn't expect them to do it. A classic example of this is Aang from ATLA. He struggled throughout his entire journey with the prospect of having to kill the Fire Lord. For him to go ahead and do it at the end would have been very out of character for him.

Depends on the fiction. Without even going into the story, characters and themes, even tone can really impact this, like I wouldn't really want to watch Fairly Odd Parents if Timmy suddenly wished for Vicky's neck to snap. That wouldn't fit at all and be incredibly jarring and just wrong.

Random question of the day:

If Earth is the third planet from the sun, doesn't that make every country a third world country?
Fun Fact: The term "Third World Country" actually came from the Cold War. The alliance of the US, Canada, Japan, and Western Europe were the First World. While the USSR, China, and their allies were the Second World. All the countries outside of these two dividends of power were considered the Third World.

Nowadays we use it as an umbrella term for impoverished, and often war-torn countries. But that wasn't its original use.

Last edited:
He would a perfect triple backflip and then float gently back into a boat. And a random cripple or blind or deaf person somewhere would suddenly be cured.

well, if he could swim, yess, but it seems unlikely as jeasus was not from an area with a body of water that would alow him to swim, and as a carpenter, he wouldn't need to learn, so he'd probably drown

Random question of the day:

Is it true that Kylo Ren from Star Wars and Zuko from Avatar: The Last Airbender both turned to the Dark Side because Mark Hamill was being a dick to them?

Hmmm, can't speak for Kylo Ren here because (please don't lynch me) I don't really like star wars and haven't seen more than, what, 30 minutes of it? It bored me. I'll stick to Star Trek.

Buuut back on topic:
For Zuko, I think it wasn't just Mark Hamill (lol).
(Spoilers I guess?)
Until Ursa had to leave, life certainly wasn't easy for Zuko, but manageable. He had his mother, who made up for the lack of acceptance, let alone love, from Ozai. Of course she couldn't compensate it all, but enough to make sure Zuko was a good person.
When she left, he'd lost his last lifeline, so to say. Lu Ten was dead and I'm sure Iroh at that point had to deal with the loss, so he wasn't as much of a help as he was after Zuko's banishment, either.
Forming a loving bond with Azula was out of the question, she was out of whack already back then.
So the only person left was Ozai.
Zuko did what he thought he had to do to get at least the smallest bit of acceptance from who he thought was the only person who could make his longing end.
After his banishment he became so obsessed with it he completely overlooked that, no, Ozai wasn't the only person who could make him feel loved, and worthy to be loved.

He was a child that had learned that the only way to be loved was to be as he was expected to be.
To just function, like a perfect, cold machine.
The last straw was him speaking up to the general (and his father, in the process).
He was burned and banished for it, it must have been traumatizing, and a clear sign that being considerate instead of ruthless, would be punished.

So imo, it wasn't just Ozai, but also the loss of his mother, of his cousin, the toxic relationship with his sister, a lack of self-confidence, being Pavlov'ed into thinking that he had to be like that to avoid punishment, and ultimately, his nature clashing with the expectations he was facing.

Last edited:
Kylo Ren, probably considering what happened to him.

Zuko was never evil. He was a confused child trying to garner favor from his father and he just wanted to go home. Of course that meant getting the Avatar.

same lol I only heard about Chuck Norris of those two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back