Other Random question of the day

Teddy Roosevelt: Drummer. Toughest guy on the band, doesn't want the attention of being a front man and doesn't need it.

Lincoln: Bass. Keeps the rhythm for everyone to follow, acts as the lynchpin keeping the union band together.

Jefferson: Guitar, wants to be the front man but everyone knows he is the weakest member of the band.

Washington: Singer, started the band and desperately wanted to be the front man, now regrets it and wishes he could retire but his job of keeping Jefferson from being a total Jefferson keeps him around.

I’ve never met one, but for sure. There’s people believing all sorts of things and several reasons why (conceivably) one might think being poor is cool, from some of kind of survivalist lifestyle, to thinking money corrupts and therefore having the least of it is better, to thinking it releases social constraints, etc…

Considering the amount of kids who I went to high school with who liked to pretend they lived in the ghetto, yes, that certainly was a thing. As someone who did actually live in the poor neighborhood of town, it was always a bit annoying.

Random question of the day:

Is it true that there are people who think being poor is cool?
there is literally a "punk" brand of clothing that is called Angry, Young and Poor. Basically, selling the image of lower-class angst to teens and young adults. Ironically, their clothes are ridiculously expensive.

Also, the whole torn-up jeans fad that girls are doing is pretty much a re-hash of the Grunge look from the 90's. Without really realizing it, the beat-up clothing look is essentially romanticizing being poor. Personally, I think it's downright stupid to buy new clothes that are full of rips and holes.

Teddy Roosevelt: Drummer. Toughest guy on the band, doesn't want the attention of being a front man and doesn't need it.

Lincoln: Bass. Keeps the rhythm for everyone to follow, acts as the lynchpin keeping the union band together.

Jefferson: Guitar, wants to be the front man but everyone knows he is the weakest member of the band.

Washington: Singer, started the band and desperately wanted to be the front man, now regrets it and wishes he could retire but his job of keeping Jefferson from being a total Jefferson keeps him around.
and then like... hamilton is that guy who was pissed cause he didn't get to be in the band and everyone was like bRO you don't play an instrument so alex got salty and possessed lin manual Miranda to write the musical (and also pulled out a cowbell and was like fuck yall). jefferson wrote the first song, then james madison wrote a ton of the other hits, one of wich was a three-way collab with john jay, a little known rapper, and also ya boi, alex, who was like I WROTE MORE OF THE SoNG THEN YOU! and then madison wrote a hit called Bill of Rights, and hamiltion was pissed, wrote a song called the Renolds Pamphlet, which blew up in his face and was crap, and after his kid died he went on a break from music, and then as he was making a resurgence and was climbing the bilbord charts, he died in a shootout with one of jefferson's buddies.

Considering the amount of kids who I went to high school with who liked to pretend they lived in the ghetto, yes, that certainly was a thing. As someone who did actually live in the poor neighborhood of town, it was always a bit annoying.
this.
Everyone wanting to be a fucking hoodrat, when they really are not. Purposely speaking in poor grammar and lingo, basically mimicking the vernacular of an uneducated person. So yeah, they may not realize it, but there are actually A LOT of people that romanticize being poor.

No doubt, they're idiots though. It's no fun not knowing where your next meal is coming from or whether or not you'll have a place to stay one moment to the next.

there is literally a "punk" brand of clothing that is called Angry, Young and Poor. Basically, selling the image of lower-class angst to teens and young adults. Ironically, their clothes are ridiculously expensive.

Also, the whole torn-up jeans fad that girls are doing is pretty much a re-hash of the Grunge look from the 90's. Without really realizing it, the beat-up clothing look is essentially romanticizing being poor. Personally, I think it's downright stupid to buy new clothes that are full of rips and holes.
Crap like that is so offensive to those of us who actually grew up poor.

Crap like that is so offensive to those of us who actually grew up poor.
I grew up well off enough. But since I've been going about life as an adult, shit has not been easy. I laugh with my father-in-law at all the teens buying $40 jeans that are more hole than jean. I'm like, hey girl, you wanna buy my jeans? These are legit holes I got from wearing them out for 10 fucking years.

I grew up well off enough. But since I've been going about life as an adult, shit has not been easy. I laugh with my father-in-law at all the teens buying $40 jeans that are more hole than jean. I'm like, hey girl, you wanna buy my jeans? These are legit holes I got from wearing them out for 10 fucking years.
I still am poor. Poverty is nearly impossible to escape when you grow up in it.

BloodRayne, Alone in the Dark, In the Name of the King, Far Cry. I'm not really sure if Uwe Boll feels haunted though considering some of those fiasco movies spawned sequels.

The live-action Avatar the Last Airbender movie. I could enjoy pretty much any movie you put in front of me as a kid, and even I knew it was bad. If I remember correctly, it also stopped M. Night Shamaylan's career dead in its tracks for a while.

Wait, I mean there is no ATLA movie. What are you talking about? I'm not delusional, you're delusional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back