Other Random question of the day

Random question of the day:

If Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure didn't want to rip off Back to the Future by providing Bill and Ted with a time traveling van, then why did they rip off Doctor Who by providing Bill and Ted with a time traveling phone booth instead?

If Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure didn't want to rip off Back to the Future by providing Bill and Ted with a time traveling van, then why did they rip off Doctor Who by providing Bill and Ted with a time traveling phone booth instead?
Dude, that is a most heinous accusation. Total bummer. If nothing else, Bill and Ted have taught us to be excellent to each other. Like, what other conveyance would you recommend, dude?

⚡🎸 Wyld Stallyns!!! 🎸⚡

Yup! Anti-jokes are still humorous - they're still jokes. They're just a play on what you'd normally expect.

If a person laughs at an anti-joke, is it still considered an anti-joke?

A man walks into a bar and notices that, sitting on a stool at the end, is a guy with a big orange head. Just completely bizarre looking: round, orange, totally out of place. He's just sitting there looking sorry for himself. When the bartender comes over, the man asks him, "Hey, what's with the guy with the big orange head?"

The bartender laughs and says, "Yeah, he's got a hell of a story all right. Tell you what, if you buy him a drink then maybe he'll tell it to you."

So the man walks over to the guy and offers to buy him a beer. The guy sighs and says, "Let me guess, you want to hear about the big orange head."

A bit sheepishly, the man says, "Well... yeah, if you don't mind."

"No, it's fine. It's not like I haven't run over what happened thousands of times before. Sit down and I'll tell you."

The man sits down and buys the drinks, and the guy with the big orange head starts telling his story.

"One day I was walking down the beach and I see this antique-looking lamp half-buried in the sand. So obviously I pick it up, and as I brush off some of the sand this huge plume of smoke comes out. It's a genie, and he says, 'You have freed me from my thousand years of imprisonment. For this I will grant you three wishes.'"

The man isn't sure if he even believes him, but he carries on listening all the same.

"So, obviously I do what everyone would, and wish to be fantastically wealthy. The genie snaps his fingers, and suddenly I'm covered in jewels. Necklaces, rings, watches, a crown on my head, pockets all full of money and a chest full of gold next to me. Then the genie asks me for my second wish, and I say that I want the most beautiful woman in the world as my wife. The genie snaps his fingers again, and this insanely gorgeous woman walks out of the water and takes my hand. She smiles at me and I completely fall in love, and the genie marries us right there on the beach."

He pauses, deep in thought, and the man prompts him, eager to hear the rest. "So... what about your third wish?"

The guy with the orange head slowly takes a sip of his beer. "I've been mulling it over, and I think this is where I went wrong. I wished for a big orange head."

A man walks into a bar and notices that, sitting on a stool at the end, is a guy with a big orange head. Just completely bizarre looking: round, orange, totally out of place. He's just sitting there looking sorry for himself. When the bartender comes over, the man asks him, "Hey, what's with the guy with the big orange head?"

The bartender laughs and says, "Yeah, he's got a hell of a story all right. Tell you what, if you buy him a drink then maybe he'll tell it to you."

So the man walks over to the guy and offers to buy him a beer. The guy sighs and says, "Let me guess, you want to hear about the big orange head."

A bit sheepishly, the man says, "Well... yeah, if you don't mind."

"No, it's fine. It's not like I haven't run over what happened thousands of times before. Sit down and I'll tell you."

The man sits down and buys the drinks, and the guy with the big orange head starts telling his story.

"One day I was walking down the beach and I see this antique-looking lamp half-buried in the sand. So obviously I pick it up, and as I brush off some of the sand this huge plume of smoke comes out. It's a genie, and he says, 'You have freed me from my thousand years of imprisonment. For this I will grant you three wishes.'"

The man isn't sure if he even believes him, but he carries on listening all the same.

"So, obviously I do what everyone would, and wish to be fantastically wealthy. The genie snaps his fingers, and suddenly I'm covered in jewels. Necklaces, rings, watches, a crown on my head, pockets all full of money and a chest full of gold next to me. Then the genie asks me for my second wish, and I say that I want the most beautiful woman in the world as my wife. The genie snaps his fingers again, and this insanely gorgeous woman walks out of the water and takes my hand. She smiles at me and I completely fall in love, and the genie marries us right there on the beach."

He pauses, deep in thought, and the man prompts him, eager to hear the rest. "So... what about your third wish?"

The guy with the orange head slowly takes a sip of his beer. "I've been mulling it over, and I think this is where I went wrong. I wished for a big orange head."
Okay, that's a pretty good anti-joke.

If Pokémon were real, which six Pokémon would be in your team?
Fuck yeah! First and foremost, Gengar. My OG ghost type boi! Then Ivysaur, because I don't quite like the fully evolved version. Cubone, because wearing your mom's skull as a helmet is metal as fuck! Krookodile would be third. Marenie/Toxapex as forth. Punkaboo as fifth (because Halloween is boss). And for my sixth ace in the hole, Regigigas. I actually used to play the TCG and Regigigas was my endgame pokemon to clean everything up and win.

Last edited:

If Pokémon were real, which six Pokémon would be in your team?

Shedinja, golisopod, mega beedrill, scolipede, orbeetle and volcarona. No, I want parasect as well. And yanmega. And armaldo. Lurantis is an honorary bug. Buzzwole is just GREAT. Sizzlipede is a bacon slice. Joltik is precious. Snom!
I can't choose.

Six shedinja it is, then. I would never win a single battle, but I would be a winner in spirit because shedinja is the best.
It's so silly. What a daft concept. What a ridiculous gimmick. I love it.
Maybe I could be the really easy gym leader at the start. If any of these ten year-olds have a rattata that knows bite, I won't stand a chance.

tl;dr I love bug types and hate stealth rock. Ghost and poison types too, but the bugs are my favourite.

Oh man, pokemon, tough one.. So, for me, I have my personal favorites that I have liked since I was a kid, I like their design or ones that have grown on me because I used them in various games and they just carried my butt to victory and so have earned a soft spot in my heart [Notably, Hitmonlee, Muk and Lopunny].

So.. with that.. [and with the provision that we are not limited by the nickname limit of 12 characters cause they'd be real]:

1. Eevee called Victoria. Victoria is my girlfriend and Eevee is her pokemon spirt animal, so much like Ash does with Pikachu, I would keep an unevolved Eevee around as my mascot and sidekick.
2. Hitmonlee called LegDayAllDay. I liked Hitmonlee from way back in in the pokemon anime with the gym episode of Hitmonchan vs Hitmonlee, but I never actually used one until recently. Used one in Volt White and Blaze Black 2 [Blaze Black, to be specific] and man, Hitmonlee... Reckless with a Jolly or Adamant natured Hitmonlee with High Jump Kick and a life orb/choice band? That boyo is a paintrain.. when he hits.
3. Scizor called Citizen Snips, because I love Scizor, I always have, and I also love Futurama.
4. Gyarados. Gyarados has been my favorite pokemon since I was a wee babe, I used it in so many runs that whenever I do play a pokemon game nowadays, I go out of the way to not use Gyarados to give other pokemon a chance. [But, come on, Substitute Gyarados with Dragon Dance is such a world beater against the AI]. No Nickname, I love Gyarados' name as is.
5. Alolan Muk. Called Rainbow Mush. I never cared much for Muk, despite loving poison types, but playing Pokemon Rejuvenation, I used an Alolan Muk and it became my special wall and singlehandedly beat the water gym [which was a doubles battle, iirc] for me. Thought I was going to lose but Muk just never gave up and kept holding on. My slimy, sludge boyo.
6. Mega Lopunny called Lola [cause, come on, as if there was another name]. You know, its funny, I used to avoid Lopunny because the rule 34 stuff kinda scared me away from it, but I used one in Pokemon Reborn and, dear god, my Return/High Jump Kick Lopunny saved my behind so many times that I became insanely attached to the pokemon. So many clutch fights won because Lopunny just got a high roll.

Some honorary mentions would be Zapdos, original, as I adore Zapdos or a Hydreigon called King Ghidora.

If Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure happened in real life, and you'd bring the history to the classroom, would your teacher give you an automatic A, or say: "Yeah, that's pretty amazing you brought Abe Lincoln here, but you still gotta pass the test."?

If Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure happened in real life, and you'd bring the history to the classroom, would your teacher give you an automatic A, or say: "Yeah, that's pretty amazing you brought Abe Lincoln here, but you still gotta pass the test."?
I haven't been in school for a very long time. But I'm pretty sure that no one would actually believe I brought Abe Lincoln back. And if I tried to prove that I could time travel, I'd probably be killed by men in black and have the time machine confiscated.

They'd have their top men working on it.

Who?

Top... men.

I mean... is it Lincoln pre or post Booth Ventilation System Installation?

Not really sure why it would give you an A in anything on its own.. Its not like a test on the American Civil War is all about Lincoln. [Plus, if I was going to bring any President, it would be Woodrow Wilson so I can give him a solid kick to the nuts]

But ignoring all that, if they believed you actually brought Lincoln, everyone, and I mean everyone, is going to have way more questions that have little to do with grades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back