Other Random question of the day

Not really, because you can find all sorts of music on YouTube, Spotify etc. and it won't be surprising if someone comes across artists that used to be popular and likes their songs.

Not really, because you can find all sorts of music on YouTube, Spotify etc. and it won't be surprising if someone comes across artists that used to be popular and likes their songs.

Not to mention that it's exactly an uncommon practice for companies to attempt to cash in on nostalgia by replaying something or playing it with minute changes.

Also gonna add that a lot of parents pass down their classics to their kids, so I wouldn't think it's all too rare.

Random question of the day:

Would you be surprised if someone born between 1997 and 2010 knew musical artists from when their parents were young?
I know artists from the 1930's and I was born in the 80s. So... No, i wouldn't be too surprised. I think maybe in years past, when you couldn't just look up stuff on the internet, it would be more surprising. But nowadays you can get into anything because the information is so readily available.

Idea Idea
Oh, okay. I kinda remember hearing something about that offhandedly.
Um, so I guess as far as the question of the day regarding her:
I think there are groups of people out there that blindly defend (their agenda of choice) regardless of who or what it's centered around.

There's an idiom for this, actually: Can't see the forest for the trees

But I wouldn't go as far as to call her evil. I would say she was irrational and shortsighted.

I think people will excuse evil behavior for a lot of reasons, not just gender.

In cases like Johnny Depp and Amber Heard, people are more likely to believe the woman over the man due to statistics/stereotypes about abuse. This is definitely not the right reaction; female-on-male abuse happens more often than people think, but because of the stigma it's reported even less than the male-on-female version (which is grossly underreported as it is).

But that's not the only way people will justify and defend evil actions. How many times do we gloss over slavery committed by people and even entire civilizations because we want to glorify their cultural or scientific achievements? Or how much do people like Paris Hilton get away with because they're rich? Or how else did Hitler, Mao Zedong, and others get support for killing people en-mass? People will find ways to justify anything if they want to badly enough.

Not sure if I asked this one before, but...

Random question of the day:

What's your dream fictional crossover?
I'd love to see the Doctor in a Torchwood episode.

As a child, I did once have a crossover occur a dream...a Narnia/Star Wars crossover. Obi-Wan Kenobi and Aslan were chatting away. Maybe it's because they have Liam Neeson in common. Who knows.

My random question:

If you had to teach a subject, what would you teach?

EDIT: Well, I realised I wasn't mean to ask a question - but I'll leave it there anyway.

When I was a kid, the daydreams kicking around in my head were a crossover of Pokemon, Neopets, Eragon, King Arthur lore, and whatever movies or books I happened to be into at the time.

A Star Wars/Transformers crossover would be pretty cool too, the jedi and the autobots forming an alliance. Or a transformer jedi.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends." - Gandalf

"We do have a lot in common. The same Earth, the same air, the same sky. Maybe if we started looking at what's the same instead of always looking at what's different... well, who knows?" -Team Rocket's Meowth, The First Pokemon Movie

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo, The First Pokemon Movie.

I cried typing this out, good lord :')

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back