Other Random question of the day

Random question of the day:

If you had multiple personalities, what would their names be and what would they act like?
that's a trick question. lol
multiple personality disorder is super rare. But when it does happen, the individual is almost always ignorant of their multiple personalities. They don't know the other ones exist.

The individual is almost always ignorant of their multiple personalities. They don't know the other ones exist.
Really? I didn't know that. From what I've seen a lot of people seem to know they have multiple personalities, like with DID systems and everything. Are you able to become more conscious of switches and each identity through therapy or something? (Sorry if this sounds ignorant, I genuinely don't know)

nondescriptname655433788 nondescriptname655433788 , this is through therapy, yes. We don't notice it by ourselves, but with help or someone else having similar symptoms, we can become conscious of when we switch and everything else. When I feel one of them trying to get control, it feels like my entire brain is being tickled from the back to the front. It's really weird.

AlexneushoornTheGreat AlexneushoornTheGreat , now that you ask if we had it and I'm being more open about my life, yes. I have DID or MPD or however you call it. I blackout sometimes but I have given them "jobs" so to speak so I can get some respect from them and they don't feel neglected (as in regulating specific emotions and actions associated with such, regulating stress, and either getting me to run or fight during a fight or flight scenario without me freezing). They work the same as human personalities so obviously when you do something against what they want (and since they hardly have control since I'm the main one), they do get a little antsy and vie for control to undue the damage or give payback. Glad to say that I don't have that latter issue anymore. It was the reason why I don't remember a good portion of middle school though and the trauma I went through that forced me to obtain it later in my life.

However, being a person who has tried to get medical attention, I didn't realize I was shattered like this until I met my husband, who also had a similar issue, but due to past traumas that were more severe than mine, he's got little over a few hundred.

Honestly though, DID/MPS should not be taken lightly. Having multiple personalities in your head do help in understanding different points as they give you better insight, but you have to constantly appease them, deal with almost losing control whenever they get the impulse to take it, and the longer you don't get therapy, the more personalities you'll end up getting. I have been kind of wanting to go and get help, but they either guilt trip me into not doing it or scare me into not doing it due to all those stereotypical therapist stuff I keep seeing and being reminded of.

Despite all that, they do respect me enough to let me be the main one. They are usually too shy or just don't want to anyway to talk to people unless specifically called for. I go online to RP and make stories so that I can exercise our creative ideas and make them feel like they have precedence over my life, as they often do not unless they all end up screaming at me, which is rather distracting, might I add.

I'm being light hearted about my condition, as I don't like treating it as an issue or with heaviness. Makes me feel sad that what I have is bad for me and I occasionally don't like being reminded that the cons outweigh the pros, even though I want to keep them because it's fun to make stories (also the reason why I sometimes contradict what I say in my posts is because I forget what I say before or they take over when I'm typing, say something, and then give me control as a prank....)

But yea, if it weren't for my husband, I would have never known. I denied it at first, as I didn't want to be thought of as crazy and there was no way for me to get a therapist's help. After realizing that I do have this and I can basically switch to them at will (if they want to) or understand why I have acted so strange or have lapses in my memory, even when I'm having a conversation with someone as I disassociate for a hot minute, I decided to take it with stride (despite the massive amounts of paranoia and anxiety and depression and slightly manic episodes I do have). I have been diagnosed with as such, but now I don't even want to go to a therapist to get rid of them. I understand that they are still me and, if I heal, we'll just be united. Still I'm on the fence and not even sure if I should get help because it's so useful for what I want to become (an author). But apparently it'll get worse and I'm not sure if I want to even lose the benefits I get from this.

Anyway, I should probably explain my personalities. I wrote this entire thing to see if they'll want to talk as I stall and only one even wants to, so she'll explain herself. By no means am I doing this to gather sympathy or pity. Don't give me any. I'm just sharing an experience and you can either believe me or not. I don't care, but I also don't want strangers bashing me for something I personally experience and acting as if I should know better not to lie.

There is myself. I can get easily irritated in social situations, yet I have massive amounts of patience when it comes to projects and I'm ambiverted and straight. I'm selfless and generous, yet I don't like getting dirty or giving up something that wouldn't benefit me in the end. The reason this is a contradiction is because I try to be selfless and generous and kind. I do these things most of the time, but it hurts giving up something I don't have another of and I won't put myself in situations where I know I'll get dirty when I'm not prepared for it. I handle my relationships fairly well, though I easily get bored mid-conversation (a trait I received from my dad) and I end up needing to multi task so I can better devote my time to other things at the same time.

Then there is Sara. She is shy, introverted, prefers books and the computer more than people, and can be rather cold. She knows how to lie and manipulate, but understands the consequences of these things so she doesn't do it without my want to do so(there was a time where she was rampant during high school and I had to struggle with my phone and everything). She is rather sociopathic, choosing to be aloof and let everything fly over her head to keep herself composed. I used her a lot during high school so I can avoid as many confrontations as I could, and it worked. She's bisexual, leaning more towards men, and likes being degraded. Which, weirdly enough, I get hit in the crossfires of such and it is where my self-loathing and depression come from when its not being reined in.

Then we have Lyria, a product of trying to fit in with groups. She is rather protective and acts like a mom. She's the second newest, but does her best to protect me from things I don't understand. She's also rather primal and animalistic, so I have to be careful I don't end up eating raw meat when I'm preparing to store or cook them. XD

Then we have Shade, who I will give some control since she has been itching to talk. Our writing patterns are similar, but they have different energy outputs. While this is more information and light hearted (my style), hers is more energetic. Alright SO, yes, I am a people person and I'm quite the extrovert. I deal with my best friend's pain and stress on an internal level but there was this one time where she didn't know I existed and I got hurt real bad. Oh well, we're over it now. Sometimes though, she goes back to bottling her emotions up and I have to remind her that doing that is bad. Anyway, I'm female, bisexual and leaning more towards men, and I'm pretty much a sadist. I like seeing people in pain, but I don't like dealing with it at all. I love video games, too, and I end up taking control whenever my bud wants to play a video game, leading to gaps in memory when she tries to recall something from the game (whoopsie ^^"") but yea. It's fun, and I think that's it. :D

I'm back to normal. Anyway, I also have a fifth one that came about quite recently and his name is Draven. He's bisexual and leans more towards male, and he can either be dominant when it's needed, but he's also the reason why I roll over and follow the leader when someone obviously has better leadership qualities. He can be a little interesting at times, and he also regulates my more aggressive and violent side.

Anyway, I think that's everyone. Sara and Draven have split from Shade, as Shade is a huge chunk of me before we split.

Thank you for the response! This was extremely fascinating to read, your perspective on DID is really interesting in wanting to keep your identities for writing purposes. I hope whatever path you take serves you well!
Anyway, I think that's everyone. Sara and Draven have split from Shade, as Shade is a huge chunk of me before we split.
If I may ask though, what did you mean by "split"? I've heard this term used a lot but I'm unsure what it means.

nondescriptname655433788 nondescriptname655433788
When trauma happens and you grow older, your personality may break apart and become their own separate things (kind of like a wilting flower that slowly dies as its petal detach and fall, becoming their own thing but they are still considered a part of that flower). It's a defense mechanism for the mind to better protect itself from danger by having one personality disassociate from the event and having another personality take over. It's either that or losing your emotions by becoming sociopathic or something else that leads to other mental illnesses. Because it's easier for me to see them as different people (which also doesn't help because it perpetuates the thinking that you aren't in control and should be free from consequence, when that isn't the case), I tend to give them a lot of free agency. It's very confusing, but basically, all these personalities are still me. However, while I do have some modicum of control over them, they tend to do their own thing. I have thoughts in my head that aren't mine and I don't consciously think them, but they belong to some part of me and that's one of the personalities.

Splitting happens when you have neglected to heal or when one or both sides don't want to heal. More stress and trauma can cause fractures within the personalities, causing them to bud and split. When this happens, an aspect of that personality is taken and multiplied tenfold due to not having anything else to stop itself (think being energetic but not knowing how to be calm because you have never known how to be calm). If someone who is nice (because they understand not being nice can give them consequences and being nice gets them rewards) gets their personality split, there is a chance that the 'new' personality will take the knowledge of the consequences, but will still be rude and misbehave due to thinking it needs to protect the other person. Instead of the nice person (before the split) taking the initiative to protect themselves, that aspect gets carried over to the 'new' personality and now the nice person (after the split) has to rely on the other personality to protect them because they either freeze or run instead of fight. Sometimes, pissing off your personalities can cause them to withhold their abilities and keep you from acting in a way that would be normal for you.

That's what happened with me, at least. There are so many different examples.

You're welcome :D I don't mind telling people about all that stuff. It's not triggering for me in the slightest to talk about it (though I don't normally want to unless someone asks regardless). I'm glad you found it educative. XD

Potter stuff...

I don't know enough about it to give any kind of answer. So I guess this is a pass. lol

What was your dream job growing up? (If I have already asked this question, let me know.)

Galactic emperor XD
I dreamt big lol

Random question of the day #1:

Which fictional moms/dads are you glad aren't yours?
Jin Guangshan

Random question of the day #2:

What's one fictional company you would love to work at?
Grand Trunk Semaphore Company

Is it true that Harry Potter isn't good at things when he isn't being assisted?
He still could do things on his own. Yes, he had help in some matters but I don't see a problem with it.

that's a trick question. lol
multiple personality disorder is super rare. But when it does happen, the individual is almost always ignorant of their multiple personalities. They don't know the other ones exist.
Depending on the person, because it may not always be that way.

If the Sega Genesis does what Nintendon't, then why did the Genesis need so much add-ons to do what the SNES could already do?

I feel there is some sort of hidden pun in here, I dont know why, I just chuckled.

Mmm, I do not know, but I will go with the idea that maybe it had to do with the hardware specs?

If the Sega Genesis does what Nintendon't, then why did the Genesis need so much add-ons to do what the SNES could already do?
I had a Sega Genesis. And my cousins had the Nintendo and SNES. I actually don't understand what you mean by "add-ons". Everything played with the Sega with just the standard controller. In fact, it was the Nintendo that had the Power Glove and Duck hunt Gun and all that for add-ons.

I had a Sega Genesis. And my cousins had the Nintendo and SNES. I actually don't understand what you mean by "add-ons". Everything played with the Sega with just the standard controller. In fact, it was the Nintendo that had the Power Glove and Duck hunt Gun and all that for add-ons.
I mean add-ons such as the Sega CD and the 32X.

Nah. He did some ridiculous things in that movie, but most of it was just run of the mill tropes. I don’t think anyone would bat an eye at them if not for the movie being vaguely based on the real, recent historical event.

Did Michael Bay truly make a mockery of his nation's military with his Pearl Harbor movie?
I'm pretty sure I have seen the movie. I just don't particularly remember much about it (for good or ill). It was the one with the Cuba dude, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back