• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern quick romance search ♡´・ᴗ・`♡ (closed)

allure

angel eyes ♡
scroll

hello~! it's allure, but you can call me tiff.

i'm looking for one partner for a 1x1: something cute and simple. realistic, present-day, maybe a school/university setting.* fluff, angst, hate to love, slow burn, jealousy, pining and more can be included. all the clichés.
*except the last plot! that's an exception

these are my current prompts/plots. i prefer that they just be used as starting points, and we plan more in-depth once we actually get into it (especially the really simple prompts).
✲゚ fake dating: A and B have mutual friends but don’t know each other very well. their friends are concerned about both of their love lives, since A is a notorious player (or serial dater) and B is a bitter single. assuming that it's going to go horribly and hoping that the experience makes the two realize that they need to get their shit together, aforementioned friends try to prank A and B by setting them up on a blind date. however, after they figure out what's going on, A and B decide to get back at their friends by pretending that the date went great and they’ve become a couple. the big reveal that they’re not actually dating is going to send the message to their friends: keep your noses out of our relationships. or so they hope. they just have to remember to avoid actually catching feelings; it’s all a prank!
✲゚ love alarm: based on the drama. an app called love alarm alerts you whenever someone within 10 meters of you is romantically attracted to you. however, if you come within 10 meters of someone you have a crush on, you will ring their alarm as well.
✲゚ toradora: doubling up for this plot is possible. A has a crush on B’s best friend, and they ask B to help them win over B’s bff’s affections. it turns out B has a crush on A’s friend, and B agrees to help A as long as A helps them out with their crush. will the two successfully charm their crushes, or might they develop feelings for each other instead along the way?
✲゚ hanahaki: hanahaki is a viral disease which causes flowers to grow in the throats of people who fall into unrequited love. the only cure once the final stage sets in is to surgically remove the growths; however, doing so will also remove all feelings of affection for the beloved. i have, like, lore and shit written for this prompt since i've done it once before, so if you want to read that before committing to this idea just let me know!
✲゚ harry potter: i don't have a specific idea in mind, i'm just craving something in the hp universe with the same vibes as the other plots. fuck jk rowling <3
✲゚ magical royal fuckery: I HAVE A SHITTON OF LORE FOR THIS. if you are interested in an unconventional magic system, royal families, made-up countries, and espionage, message me for more details! i REALLY would like to do this one but it is a lot honestly, so i understand completely if you're no longer interested after i provide the deets.

i am also open to mixing and any ideas or cravings you may have, granted they match what i'm looking for ( •⌄• ू )✧

things you should know about me:
— i'm a college student with a job, so i can't post every day. i'm not sure what my post rate will be, actually, but if i am interested and engaged then i guarantee at least one post a week. just be patient and open with me and i'll be as transparent as i can.
— i usually make east/southeast asian characters because that's what i'm most comfortable with. just a heads-up.
— my average post length is about 3-4 paragraphs, give or take, and i would like to rp with someone who can match that. however, i always value quality over quantity.
— i'm cool with doubling up.
— i can do mxf, mxm, and fxf, but i might have preferences for different plots/prompts.
— i prefer discord over rpn pms for ooc. i don't have a preference for rping through threads or pms, but i would like both of us to make character sheet(s) for our char(s).
— i would like a partner who is at least 16 years old.

Last edited:
opening this thread again bc i'm looking for one (1) partner :3

partner found! thank you everyone

Last edited:
I'd like to know more about the hanahaki
hanahaki is a type of viral infection. in the very beginning stage you can get rid of it by taking medicine that you can get at any pharmacy, basically OTC antibiotics. in this stage the symptoms wouldn't be obvious: just coughing (no flowers yet) and an itch in your throat and your lungs. the symptoms are very similar to any ordinary cough. even so, people tend to be able to self-diagnose since they would typically figure out if they loved someone and it was unrequited. even if they are unsure, the fear of having hanahaki is enough to get most people to go to the doctor and get it checked anyways as a precaution. the OTC medicine doesn't have any effect on your feelings for someone; after you take it, it is up to you to get over your own unrequited love as quickly as you can to avoid a relapse of the infection. the antibiotics can only keep the infection at bay for so long before the infection starts building up a resistance to them, so it is imperative that you move on from your unrequited love.

the term "love" is subjective to the individual when it comes to hanahaki. in the majority of cases, "unrequited love" is any situation where the diseased feels an intense amount of affection for and attraction towards someone they have contact with semi-frequently, and the object of their affection does not feel the same way. in rare cases, hanahaki can be triggered by a simple unrequited crush. many people may contract hanahaki once or twice in their teens to early twenties, but it is quite uncommon among adults.

if the infection isn't treated after a long period of time, usually about three weeks, it will worsen and taking OTC meds will no longer be sufficient to cure you. that's when you start coughing up flower petals and other plant detritus. the speed with which the infection worsens depends on how strong your feelings for the other person are. the longer you wait, the more plant matter you expel, and the more it damages your throat and lungs. hanahaki at this stage can progress from coughing up a couple of petals every day to painfully retching up a whole, intact flower. you would have to go to a doctor and be prescribed something strong, maybe get some shots too. given enough time without treatment, the infection can begin to take over your entire respiratory system. this is the point at which you would have to get invasive surgery to remove it. there are side effects to the surgery: you will forget all feelings of affection for the person you were in love with, even platonic feelings. in some cases, people forget about the existence of their loved one entirely.

hanahaki is a type of viral infection. in the very beginning stage you can get rid of it by taking medicine that you can get at any pharmacy, basically OTC antibiotics. in this stage the symptoms wouldn't be obvious: just coughing (no flowers yet) and an itch in your throat and your lungs. the symptoms are very similar to any ordinary cough. even so, people tend to be able to self-diagnose since they would typically figure out if they loved someone and it was unrequited. even if they are unsure, the fear of having hanahaki is enough to get most people to go to the doctor and get it checked anyways as a precaution. the OTC medicine doesn't have any effect on your feelings for someone; after you take it, it is up to you to get over your own unrequited love as quickly as you can to avoid a relapse of the infection. the antibiotics can only keep the infection at bay for so long before the infection starts building up a resistance to them, so it is imperative that you move on from your unrequited love.

the term "love" is subjective to the individual when it comes to hanahaki. in the majority of cases, "unrequited love" is any situation where the diseased feels an intense amount of affection for and attraction towards someone they have contact with semi-frequently, and the object of their affection does not feel the same way. in rare cases, hanahaki can be triggered by a simple unrequited crush. many people may contract hanahaki once or twice in their teens to early twenties, but it is quite uncommon among adults.

if the infection isn't treated after a long period of time, usually about three weeks, it will worsen and taking OTC meds will no longer be sufficient to cure you. that's when you start coughing up flower petals and other plant detritus. the speed with which the infection worsens depends on how strong your feelings for the other person are. the longer you wait, the more plant matter you expel, and the more it damages your throat and lungs. hanahaki at this stage can progress from coughing up a couple of petals every day to painfully retching up a whole, intact flower. you would have to go to a doctor and be prescribed something strong, maybe get some shots too. given enough time without treatment, the infection can begin to take over your entire respiratory system. this is the point at which you would have to get invasive surgery to remove it. there are side effects to the surgery: you will forget all feelings of affection for the person you were in love with, even platonic feelings. in some cases, people forget about the existence of their loved one entirely.
This sounds really interesting. I'd like to do a story with this

This sounds really interesting. I'd like to do a story with this
unfortunately i've given it some thought and i'm not really interested in the hanahaki plot, at least not right at this moment. i don't think i want to write anything related to a virus what with everything going on haha. thank you for your interest, though!

opening for one partner!
currently most interested in the last plot listed (magical royal fuckery) or a combination of two of the other prompts (ex. harry potter x hanahaki, toradora x love alarm)

I'd love to take a look at what you had in mind for 'Magical royal fuckery'! As an avid d&d player, it has caught my interest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back