• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Pull it Together, damnit

Max frowned deeply but gave a small nod "I have not been the wife I promised to be when we got married. I promised to be there in good times and bad.....when the bad times came I closed in on myself and wasn't there for you either." She said while still looking at the road "Neither of us were fully there for the other."

JD nodded giving a heavy sigh "Yeah, her body moved a bit yesterday, hopefully she'll wake up soon." He said giving a small smile. He and Lilah had gotten along well since he was there every minute he wasn't working.

He frowned some and shook his head. “I make good money in this job. Better than I ever have…. Just don’t ask questions you won’t like the answers to and we could do better than ever.” He pointed out.

She nodded to him and left him to privacy for a little while until he had his parents show up and she took them through, helping JD put her back in and let them out of the department to go see his wife, hoping for his sake that she pulled through. She could see he was at his breaking point but it wasn’t her place to step in there

Max frowned softly and nodded some staying quiet after that. She didn't want to admit it infront of him, but he sounded just like the man she nearly left years ago. The one that had almost ripped them apart, all he cared about was money, what he could do to make it so he could gamble it away. Didn't matter how he got it just as long as they had enough.

JD thanked Lilah for her help before he left to see his parents. He sighed heavily taking them into the room "Hey Carmen...my parents are here to visit." He said gently as he sat by her bed. The doctors had told him to talk with her, hopefully she would hear him and maybe it could help her wake up.

Her main nurse headed in doing her rounds and smiled at the family some. “I got some good news for you all. She opened her eyes about half an hour ago. Just briefly but she’s getting there.” She told them

Jon got into the house carefully and made his way up to bed sighing some, just wanting to sleep in his own bed for the first time in what felt like forever

JD looked at her with hopeful eyes and smiled widely "Really? Thats wonderful." He said before taking Carmen's hand in his. He looked at his mother giving a small sigh "Hopefully she will wake up soon."

Max helped him inside and up to bed. She went downstairs starting on work with her new job giving a small sigh. She had found a more work from home friendly job after having left the studio when Jon first got hurt

She just nodded a little and rubbed his back. “I hope so sweetheart. I hate seeing you look so tired, you should go home and get some rest.” She told him gently.

He was only down for a couple hours and finally headed downstairs and slipped his arms around her tightly “We cooking or ordering?” He asked her quietly

JD shook his head some "I'm alright Ma. I've got a cot here with her." He said quietly kissing Carmen's hand gently "I'll go home fully when she does."

Max jumped a little when she felt his arms go around her "Jeez still quiet as ever." She murmured turning to peck his cheek "I got food cooking now, you gotta go on a small diet until you're 100%."

She sighed a little but nodded and let him know they were heading back to the house for the night, leaving him to it.

It was a couple hours later when she started waking up again, blinking slowly this time and trying to move her hands, managing to open and close her fists a little and finally hearing JD’s voice, looking over at him with some effort and frowned. Her voice wasn’t working right now but that wasn’t surprising after so long out.

He smiled and held her close, swaying with her. “Alright…. How’s the new job going?” He asked her quietly.

Max shrugged softly "Its alright, they need to update their method for submitting work. It SUCKS." She murmured to him

JD was talking to her about their little girl when he felt her hand move. He looked up at her going wide eyed "Carmen?! Carmen?!" He asked excitedly pressing the call button furiously "Oh god baby you're awake." He said starting to cry a bit

She frowned at him a little and just stared until they came in to see her and she let the whole process wash over her, feeling really out of it still and feeling like she could barely move.

He just nodded and swayed with her a little, resting his head on top of hers. “I love you.” He murmured tiredly. “Why don’t you suggest the same process you used at the old place?” He asked her.

JD stepped back letting them work on her completely. He took a deep breath when the doctor turned to him "Is there anything I can do to help?"

Max nodded some "I will in our team meeting, its just a hassle sometimes." She murmured before turning in his arms to face him "I love you too."

He shook his head and stepped out with him “It’s going to take some time for her to get her strength back and ideally we still need her to sign off for us to go ahead with the surgeries that I discussed with you.” He told him. “But for now she needs to get stronger.” He explained and let him go back in to sit with her in privacy again while she lay quietly sucking on ice chips and smiling a little when he walked in

He nodded and smiled, kissing her head. “What do you wanna watch tonight?” He asked her as he got ready to go set it up he tv for them.

Max gave a small smile and went to get dinner on plates for them. She shrugged when he asked about TV "How about Stranger Things? I heard the new season is out." She said softly

JD listened intently and gave a small nod "Thank you sir." He said before going back inside. He smiled widely seeing her "Hey there beautiful." He said happily kissing her forehead gently

She watched him tiredly and just tried to hold his hand back as much as she could until she managed to get words out. “Maya? Where is she?” She asked him quietly. The nurse had already assured her that her baby was doing okay so all carmen wanted was to see her.

“Yes ma’am.” He murmured, giving her a salute and headed in there to turn it all on for her when he got a phone call, moving outside to answer it while he lit a cigarette.

JD smiled a bit more squeezing her hand gently "She's in the nursery. I got to hold her today." He said softly before showing her the photos of her "She is perfect Carmen."

Max set everything up for them frowning when he left to go outside. She sighed heavily and wait for him for a while growing a bit frustrated when he was out there for an entire hour.

He finally came back in after sorting out the problem he’d had to deal with, frowning when his food was on the coffee table but max was nowhere to be seen and when he went upstairs he found their bedroom door locked, sighing heavily and just went to sleep downstairs on the couch instead.

She frowned some and stared at the photos. “I wanna see her.” She told him. “I want my baby.” She mumbled still not sure what had happened to her but she didn’t have the energy to push it

Max woke up the next morning and sighed heavily seeing the empty bed. It wasn't a surprise but she was upset it had come to this. Used to they couldn't stay mad at one another, now it wasn't the case anymore.

JD gave a small nod kissing her hand gently "Okay beautiful, let me see what I can do." He murmured before getting up to go ask the nurses about bringing Maya in or taking Carmen to see her

He had woken up early from sleeping on the couch and being in pain the whole night, sitting in the kitchen by this point having put three deep heat patches down his spine to try and alleviate it but being shot had done more of a number on his back than they had originally thoubhy

“her doctor just wants her to be awake and stable another few hours before we let her start moving anywhere but long as everything stays normal she can go see her this evening.” Her nurse assured him when he had come to ask.

Max walked into the kitchen to make herself a cup of coffee "Mornin.." she mumbled before turning to look at him "I'm guessing that was work last night?"

JD nodded some and thanked the nurse before going back to Carmen. He sat down on the bed and pushed some hair gently from her face "They want you to be stable for a couple more hours, said you can see her this evening though if everything goes well."

She frowned but nodded and leaned into him. “I’m sorry.” She mumbled rest g her head on his shoulder. “I love you.” She hummed tiredly before falling asleep again

He just nodded and frowned. “Yeah. Emergency happening near by they needed organising.” He muttered, the pain in his back making him extra grumpy

JD shook his head softly "Don't you apologize for anything. I love you so much Carmen." He said softly before she fell asleep

Max gave a small nod and frowned softly seeing the heat packs on his back "Do you want a massage?" She asked as she sat with him

He shook his head. “It’s not muscle that hurts it’s the bones themselves.” He muttered pressing his face into the kitchen table “and Ben g made to sleep on the couch didn’t help.” He muttered

Users who are viewing this thread

Back