• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Project Z.E.R.O ~*Main*~

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

PandaTama

"最大的努力...!
Date : January 2nd 20XX
Time : 6:00AM in the morning
Locations : Respective holding cell sections > Cafeteria.

Last edited:
Nina Heartscrow (#05-4352)|Welcome To Z.E.R.O
uNI2xfo.jpg
So... It is the crack of dawn, 6 AM in the morning on January the 2nd. This entire facility is for something known as Project Z.E.R.O, where younger kids and people are taken in by scientists and experimented on to find some form of hidden powers. One of the people taken in by those involved in this procedure is a hybrid of 3 species - Nina Heartscrow, a Rank 5 Subject who has full on natural wings for flight, a substitution ability and known for two things - her surprising blade skill, and her speed. In this time in the morning, however, she would already be out of her cell and making her way down to the cafeteria for an earlier-than-most bite to eat to fill her stomach and get her ready for the day ahead, her black wings shaking a bit with each step, her fox tail swaying to and fro and her fox ears also up and down - though she tried to keep those down. She would make it to the cafeteria and try to think of what she would like to start herself off with. "...What's the healthiest in this place." She asked herself aloud in deep though after a moment of silence.

(Open~!)

Hotaru Kuragane, Subject #13-4246
Interactions/mentions : BoltBeam BoltBeam

In the laboratory of Project Z.E.R.O, morning routines continued as subjects exit their cells to get their breakfast. At Section 13, there was a certain young girl who resided in Cell 142.....

Hotaru awoken from her nightmare with a gasp. She breathed heavily, trying to calm herself down from the horrors she witnessed from the terrifying dream. It was the tenth time that nightmare has greeted Hotaru in her sleep, and she could not shiver less even after ten times of watching the nightmare.

She stood up from the cold, hard mattress and walked towards her cell door. Hotaru propped herself upwards to look outside the tiny crack on her cell door. Assuming from the number of guards and subjects roaming around, it should be morning, breakfast timing to be exact.

Usually, Section 13's children gets released from their cells last to go to the Cafeteria, much to Hotaru's dismay. Hotaru paced around her metal box of a cell in silence. Nothing could be heard except Hotaru's uneasy breathing and the beeping of the control panels outside her cell.

Suddenly, the silence was broken when the cells doors of Section 13 screeched open in perfect harmony. Hotaru faced the two guards that stood at the corridor, holding the familiar metal shackles in their hands. Hotaru sighed in defeat and let the two guards clamp on the metal collars on her neck and ankle.

Then, Hotaru pushed the two guards away from her and casually walked to the Cafeteria. Since Section 13 is in the middle of the whole ground level, the Cafeteria was surprisingly near, which was one of the reasons why Hotaru liked the place a lot.

As she walked, she looked around at her fellow Section 13 subjects. Most of them seemed tired, with bruise-like marks under their eyes. Hotaru wasn't any better, hers just straight up looked pure black. Hotaru then suddenly heard mumbling coming from her right. She turned her head to the side to find an older girl with raven wings, mumbling to herself about something related to healthy food. " What the hell are you whispering about?" Hotaru asked the girl bluntly, not even looking at the girl.

(I'm going offline for the day, see you guys soon :3)

Last edited:
Nina Heartscrow (#05-4352)|A Kid With That Language?
uNI2xfo.jpg
"What the hell are you whispering about?"
Nina froze - well, that was not expected. Such mouth from what appeared to be a little girl. "Wouldn't you like to know, little girl?" She retorted coldly, grabbing herself at least 'something' to eat before she would simply walk away from the little girl and sit down to eat. Upon sitting down, she would lower her wings and her tail would give out - them all drooping down to not exhaust her further. Even keeping those wings up takes quite a bit of energy after a while. Nina had at least gotten herself something moderately healthy. It looked like a mess of greens, but to Nina, who harboured three species of which some prey and meals match up - it's a delicacy. She would calmly and joyfully go about eating it, practically forgetting the interaction that just happened. When you gotta eat... You gotta eat. And so she did, indulging in the food of green - fruit, vegetables, whatever there was she grabbed for herself. She seemed to quite like it, of course, so it's not really too important.

Interactions: PandaTama PandaTama (Hotaru)

Interactions/mentions : BoltBeam BoltBeam , open~

"Wouldn't you like to know, little girl?" the girl retorted coldy before walking away to get her food. Hotaru sighed. She knew she wasn't the best at conversations, due to her personality, but it still upset her either way.

Hotaru took a metal tray with food on it and sat down at a isolated table. She wasn't used to sitting with people, so she felt comfortable sitting alone. She tried to ignore the annoying, constant heaviness of her metal shackles on her neck and ankle as she ate the artificial tasting vegetables and fruit oatmeal that were on her tray. Hotaru didn't touch the water, as usual. The water in this place tasted of dirt and looked like it would give you diarrhoea. Somehow, the water from the attached washroom in her holding cell had cleaner water than the ones they served at meals.

As she pushed the water aside, Hotaru looked around at the other subjects that were talking to their friends. " Just another day...." Hotaru mumbled to herself with a sigh.

Cecilia Bloodrain ( Subject #12-6245 )
Interactions : PandaTama PandaTama

Cecilia walked out of her cell as the door was unlocked by a guard. She smirked at the guard who tried to trip her, causing the guard to growl in frustration.

It was the time of the day again, breakfast. The time where bland and vile food were served to keep subjects alive. Cecilia was actually quite satisfied by the food, considering they give you fruits and some ceral or oatmeal. As long as she was given sufficient food, Cecilia was happy. She wasn't a fussy person, though she likes to go through the trouble of playing pranks on the staff at the facility. Their reactions are forever priceless.

With a guard tailing her steps, Cecilia headed towards the direction of the Cafeteria. Cecilia turned back to glare at the guard behind her from time to time, not that it had any effects on the guard.

Reaching the Cafeteria, Cecilia snatched her tray from counter and looked for a table to sit at. There wasn't many empty tables. Then, Cecilia spotted a table on her right. There was just one girl at the table, so it shouldn't bother her if she gotten company, right?

Walking towards the table, Cecilia smirked at the girl at the table. " Hey, mind if I join?" Cecilia asked.

Interactions/mentions : AL.Over AL.Over

Hotaru was just forcing herself to eat the food on her tray when an older girl with a guard behind her approached her table. " Hey, mind if I join?" the girl asked. Hotaru glared daggers at the guard before turning to the girl. " Sure...." Hotaru mumbled in confusion. Why would someone sit with Rank 13 child?

As the girl took her seat, Hotaru stared at both the girl and the guard behind her. " What's your name, pigtails?" Hotaru sarcastically asked the girl.

Zulpes
within one of the smaller cells in the facility strued a strange creature it was a black like sudgey consistency it seemed to stare at the wall it moved a little more once a small grate inside wall opened up, the sludge slided into the grate flowing into a large containment suit, even with no features on its face due to the helmet it almost seemed excited as it was going to go see the other subject something it was often not allowed to do due to causing contamination, not that it bothered zulpes to much it slowly made its way toward the cafeteria, seeing there where another tree people its mopy slow walk seemed to change to a more happy stance glad to be around others it just waved at them before sitting down at one of the table to just watch thing happen, it was unlikely anyone had seen zulpes before, then again none of them had probably seen anyone else either right?

Cecilia Bloodrain ( Subject #12-6245 )
Interactions : PandaTama PandaTama

Cecilia smugly smiled when the girl let her sit at her table. She slid her tray on her table and began to eat the bland ceral of her tray. " What's your name, pigtails?" the girl suddenly asked with a sarcastic tone.

Cecilia frowned as she tugged at her hair, not happy that the girl was insulting her hairstyle. " Cecilia Bloodrain, Subject #12-6245. Rank 12. Ability of Memory Manipulation. " Cecilia smugly replied," What's your name, little girl?"

Nina Heartscrow (#05-4352)|Weird Creature

uNI2xfo.jpg
Nina, for the most part, would keep devouring her food with a smile on her face and just keep her head down as she ignored anyone else around her. And then she spots... that... thing... Sludge... and now it's in... a suit? Nina shuddered at the thought, but sighed and gave in to curiosity. It seemed pretty happy, actually, and like it wanted to be alone. But, it's probably not good to be alone forever, so Nina decided to whistle to it like 'come here' and hope it would lure this creature in. She didn't mean any harm - it'd probably help them both out to know someone else apart from themselves.

Interactions: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 (Zulpes)

Last edited:
Zulpes
zulpes head raised itself up to look at Nina zulpes didn't exactly remember to much of her if all it remembered was she was a hybrid of sorts regardless the girl seemed to whistle him over as if she wanted him to come closer zulpes was actually happy about this perhaps it wouldn't be totally alone....again... zulpes got up from its seat and walked over toward Nina looking down at her give a small wave at the girl before sitting down next to her slowly it made a strange gurgling before a deep bubbly voice said one word "hello"

Nina Heartscrow (#05-4352)|Loneliness Doesn't Exist

uNI2xfo.jpg
Nina cringed a little at the gurgling and the tone - but could at least understand what this thing was saying. Unsettling, maybe, but it's to be expected in a place full of all sorts of people and beings of all shapes, sizes and quirks - just look at her and this thing right now! "Hello there, how are you doing now that you're not lonely? To an extent, I'm not lonely anymore either." She said calmly, trying to greet this creature and was asking them how they were holding up. The fox ears atop her head would be pointing straight up - probably out of fear or just not knowing what this thing was - one of the two. Nina tried to ignore them and just try to get along with this thing she just met and beckoned over.

Last edited:
Zulpes
if it had a mouth zulpes would be smiling it was glad that the more normal people did not seem totally scared of it... although nina ears pointing up did confuse it a little not exactly sure what they point of them doing that was, although the girl asking it how it was doing made it feel much better right now with a deep inhale it finally spoke again long pauses between each words

"I....am...doing...fine...glad...to...be...able...to...talk...to...others...although .....this suit...is... uncomfortable ...no...feeling.. .but...thank... you...for.. considering..me it...means...a lot"

Last edited:
Nina Heartscrow (#05-4352)|Making A Thing's Day

uNI2xfo.jpg
"I....am...doing...fine...glad...to...be...able...to...talk...to...others...although .....this suit...is... uncomfortable ...no...feeling.. .but...thank... you...for.. considering..me it...means...a lot"
Nina smiled. "Aww, you poor thing..." She said in a somewhat teasing yet still sweet tone. "I know your pain, though... Some things just have to be the way they are because of these silly safety regulations... And I would assume yours is because of your 'form'." She commented, having seen Zulpes's slimy form earlier, of course. Her ears gradually lowered down as she kept talking to him for a while - her tail seen shaking to and fro pretty quickly - probably enjoying this so far. She didn't notice and gave the suit a gentle 'knock' on the hand to see how it felt and how this thing reacted.

Last edited:
Zulpes
zuples nodded almost sadly at what Nina had said although now that it thought about it..her idea made more sense to it then what they had told him

"yes...the...regulation...are...very...silly...but...there...all...i...know...i...suppose...my...body...is...very...difficult...to...contain..."

it noticed that that the girl had bumped into the suit just barely the depression of its body within the suit was the only hit of feeling it had, it wasn't sure how to react raising a hand it patted Nina on the head...no...still no feeling for it...at least it made a friend? right? moving its arm back it looked around the room for a moment it seemed to empty.

Nina Heartscrow (#05-4352)|Connection Level

uNI2xfo.jpg
"yes...the...regulation...are...very...silly...but...there...all...i...know...i...suppose...my...body...is...very...difficult...to...contain..."
Nina sighed. "I can only imagine what it's like in there... It must be incredibly claustrophobic... And no less extremely warm... Yikes..." Nina shuddered a bit at the thought - claustrophobia and high temperatures are the first things that come to mind in things like that suit. Zulpes had not only said it's not exactly comfortable, nor is it easy to keep himself in there at all - Nina internally questioning the methods of this place.
it noticed that that the girl had bumped into the suit just barely the depression of its body within the suit was the only hit of feeling it had, it wasn't sure how to react raising a hand it patted Nina on the head...no...still no feeling for it...at least it made a friend? right? moving its arm back it looked around the room for a moment it seemed to empty.
Nina felt the pat on the head and smiled a bit, her fox ears pointing straight up once again out of sheer happiness - and that tail doesn't want to stop freaking moving. Zulpes probably noticed that. Nina's just not sure how to react - it's not every day you get a pat on the head from an amorphous creature in a hulking suit of some kind!

Last edited:
Zulpes
vulpes turned it attention back to nina actually forgetting it had been patting the girl on the head, he slowly retracted his arm noticing her ears had perked up again and the girl tail seemed to be going crazy vulpes was worried that it had broken the girl holding onto both of its had looking into Nina's eyes awkwardly even though it didn't have a face or anything then again the helmet was translucent form the outside so even if it did it wouldn't matter much tapping one of its legs awkward before finally speaking up once again a note of worry in its voice

"I...am...sorry...I...didn't...mean...to...break...you...I...hope...your...ok"

Nina Heartscrow (#05-4352)|Don't Worry

uNI2xfo.jpg
vulpes was worried that it had broken the girl holding onto both of its had looking into Nina's eyes awkwardly even though it didn't have a face or anything then again the helmet was translucent form the outside so even if it did it wouldn't matter much tapping one of its legs awkward before finally speaking up once again a note of worry in its voice

"I...am...sorry...I...didn't...mean...to...break...you...I...hope...your...ok"
Nina's purple eyes stared right back at Vulpes, seeming to flutter - contrary to Zulpes's worries, Nina was perfectly fine - just stunned. She would close her eyes and sigh. "Now now, don't you worry - you didn't break me at all... I'm just not used to that feeling... It's so nice and warm, though..." She said honestly, looking away nervously with her face now being an awkward, flustered red. How awkward indeed. Nina isn't sure how to react as the warming sensation still roams around her body - every inch of skin and every single bone... One can only imagine the effect it is having on her - as someone who hasn't experienced love in forever or at all - even if unintentional in this case.

Last edited:
Zulpes
the slime like entity let out a sigh of relief it was glad it had not done anything horrible it made it slightly happier then after the girl explain how she self, it run one of its arms down the helmet trying to think... perhaps workout what exactly it had done, then looking at Nina reaction her face had gone red and it appeared to have become slightly shy thinking once again, she had talked about a warm sensation... vulpes remembered long ago when it seemed to have some similar feeling but it wasn't able to remember, awkwardly it inhaled once again speaking in its deep gurgling tones

"so...i...would...think...that...you...liked...the...feeling...correct...would...you...like...if...i...did...that...again?"

vulpes was unsure if this was the right thing to do it hadn't carried on a conversation or interaction this long in years and if it were to be honest with itself it enjoyed the patting seeing someone else happy feel like it perhaps was more than just some tool used to make things...

Nina Heartscrow (#05-4352)|All Of My Yes

uNI2xfo.jpg
"so...i...would...think...that...you...liked...the...feeling...correct...would...you...like...if...i...did...that...again?"

Nina heard and perked up - looking right back at him and nodding somewhat furiously like 'yes please I would very much like that'. She let out a giggle, her purple eyes seeming full of life and happiness as she would prepare herself for more pats - and now her wings outstretch from her back. Funny that - she turned a lonely little pair - herself and Zulpes - into somewhat close friends already - 'before' introducing themselves! Nina would just smile awkwardly at her new friend. "...Who or what are you, by the way?"

Last edited:
Zulpes
Nina's reaction to zulpes's offer was to it rather cute the furious nodding indicated to zulpes that she would definitely want him to pat her again, the rest of her reaction was like that of a kid being offered candy zulpes gladly obliged patting the girl head continuously as he pondered the girl question, what was it? that was a good question, it continued to pat nina's head as it thought finally coming upon some sort of answer.

"well...im...zulpes...i...am...sort...of...used...by...the...staff...to...mix...DNA...and...fix...thing...make...new...thing...swap...change...edit...I...help...make...the.. things... that are...here... you... my..."

zulpes stopped speaking considering its next words carefully deciding that yes that was the right words to uses

"my...friend... you are...a...good explain... of what...i...help...make... what i...do...its...my...job...my...life...my...family..."

Nina Heartscrow (#05-4352)|Introductions

uNI2xfo.jpg
that was a good question, it continued to pat nina's head as it thought finally coming upon some sort of answer.
"well...im...zulpes...i...am...sort...of...used...by...the...staff...to...mix...DNA...and...fix...thing...make...new...thing...swap...change...edit...I...help...make...the.. things... that are...here... you... my..."
"my...friend... you are...a...good explain... of what...i...help...make... what i...do...its...my...job...my...life...my...family..."
Nina would enjoy the additional head pats, and listened closely to the words Zulpes said, seeming somewhat sympathetic. The staff uses Zulpes for DNA experiments to change the genetic structure of... others...? Nina gasped - could 'this' be one of the people involved in her own change? But then she heard her friend's gratitude, and smiled. "D'aww, you flatter me... At least you... have a family..." Nina said in a jealous tone before disregarding it. "Well, 'my' name is Nina. I'm one of the subjects in this place - the first hybrid of 3 species in here, to my knowledge." She explained, motioning to her fox ears, her fox tail, her raven wings - then there was her human body structure.

Last edited:
Zulpes
zulpes hadn't actually stopped patting the girl head glad to know her name finally when she said that at least it had a family, making the creature frown a little bit if it had a mouth that is, what she said was not true at least to zulpes they were all family all creatures...made here... so there family right? zulpes didn't think it was the best idea to make a comment on it, but she was right about one thing, she was the only 3 genetic hybrid here they hadn't tried again since zulpes... changed... it was to unstable it looked directly at her once again trying to be as sincere as its strange vocalisation could sound

"It...is...nice...to...meet...you...nina...and...i can...confirm...your...the only...one...of your...kind...here...but...it doesn't...mean you have...no... family ...one...thing i...learned...here...no...matter...how different... we... all...might be...a... good friend... can... be...just as...good as a family..."

zulpes looked up at one of the security cameras wondering if perhaps they were listening in on, perhaps they would let it stay around longer? it knew there was some reason it started to let zulpes interact with the others, it hadn't put its finger on it, but this was the best it had felt in years since it lost its...brothers..

Nina Heartscrow (#05-4352)|A New Family?

uNI2xfo.jpg
zulpes hadn't actually stopped patting the girl head glad to know her name finally when she said that at least it had a family, making the creature frown a little bit if it had a mouth that is, what she said was not true at least to zulpes they were all family all creatures...made here... so there family right? zulpes didn't think it was the best idea to make a comment on it, but she was right about one thing, she was the only 3 genetic hybrid here they hadn't tried again since zulpes... changed... it was to unstable it looked directly at her once again trying to be as sincere as its strange vocalisation could sound

"It...is...nice...to...meet...you...nina...and...i can...confirm...your...the only...one...of your...kind...here...but...it doesn't...mean you have...no... family ...one...thing i...learned...here...no...matter...how different... we... all...might be...a... good friend... can... be...just as...good as a family..."
Nina sighed, still seeming to enjoy the care, but her heart is weighed down upon heavily. She tried to process the words Zulpes was saying - so she 'is' a one of a kind, but... 'No matter how different we all might be, a good friend can be just as good as family'... That quote in itself... Nina's eyes closed and she thought about it. She shook her head defiantly - that sounds stupid! But then her heart sank even more... "I-I hope so... I really, really do hope so... I've been so lonely, I'm not even sure how... how love feels... Or anything..."

Last edited:
Zulpes
Zulpes put both its hands on to Nina shoulders, Zulpes had seemed to hit some sort of heart string for her it didn’t know what to do but try to be somewhat reassuring stroking the girls head for a while it spoke slow and somberly word that it held close to its ‘heart’ if that was the right word

“Don’t worry....everything...will...be...fine...for...all...of...us...as...long...as...we...stick...together”

It paused to think about what it could say next the subject of love was something Zulpes had little experience with but it knew something about it not much

“And...love...Nina...is...complicated...it...comes...in...many...forms...you...will...know...the...feeling...although...it’s... hard to... know for...one.. like myself...the feeling...is likely...different...for...us..both”

Zulpes didn’t know If this would help hopefully it would settle the girls mind a bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back