• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here

Esmeray

Daughter of Hekate
➞✶project: wonderland. »

• It was the year 4057 and our world has advanced significantly in technology, medicine, energy, and lifestyle. Dreams and ideas that seemed impossible have become a reality in the new age of science. We had just begun to explore outside our solar system, establish livable bases or colonies on the moon and other planets, hover cars and plasma guns, teleportation, and other amazing feats have occurred worldwide. New discoveries, new sciences, new everything. Everything is grander. The world you once knew is now gone.

Eventually new advancements in the study of dimensional travel came to light. The leading or head scientists of HartTech Inc. had begun advancements of the new science, and created technology centered around dimensional travel. After many months of working on the theory and the technology to make it possible, the media began making light of a proto-type interdimensional machine that can send an individual to different unknown plains of existence. Though HartTech Inc. actively rejected all notions centered around this rumor stating that there was no such thing.

They Lied.

In actuality the head scientists, James and Erin Hart, had successfully drafted blue prints for a machine that will tear open a rift into the fabric of reality. Unfortunately, they had yet to actually get the contraption to work, and even if they did the rift would be too unstable for anyone to travel through. It was so frustrating. How could they stabilize it? It should be easy for them since it seemed to be only just a step beyond teleportation. It could be done if they worked hard enough. So they kept moving onward, striving to finally claim dimensional travel as very real. They kept pushing, unprepared for an evil lurking in their shadows. Unknown to the corporation, a corrupt terrorist organization known simply as ACE wanted to steal their blueprints and studies for themselves and gain control over the economy, or possibly the world.

They Succeeded.

It was Career Day. Parents all over Brandid City were taking their children to work to spend time with them and show them how much they enjoyed their work. This was the same for both James and Erin who had brought their eight year old daughter Alicia to work with them. They spent all day giving Alicia a tour of the labs, showing her how they tested their proto-types, the advertisement team, their co-workers, and everything else you'd find at HartTech. Of course, little Alicia was excited and loved everything her parents had shown her. Her parents were happy with her curiosity and interest in their profession. They had hoped their little girl would follow in their footsteps since she had the mind and capabilities to do so. Alicia spent all day learning about the corporation well into the night. She was in the lounge watching the TV hologram, flipping stations out of boredom. She wanted to go home. She was tired and had school the next day, but her parents had to stay late due to some mishap down in the lab. When the power suddenly cut out, and Alicia couldn't get the lights or Hologram to work again she left the room. Something just didn't feel right, and she quickly became frightened. Wanting her parents, Alicia made haste to the lab where her parents were supposedly working. When she arrived there the lab was in shambles from a ransacking, and Alicia knew something was wrong. The girl began to cautiously sneak around the halls unsure what to do. Eventually, she came across two strangers walking down the halls. She over heard something about captives being held in the landing bay, and immediately went there to see if her parents were among them. Nothing her parents had taught the poor girl would have prepared Alicia for what was about to happen.

Her Parents Were Murdered.

Right before her eyes. The smell of blood filled her nostrils, and her head reeled. She had always been the faint of heart when it came to gore, and watching her parents be executed was enough to cause her to faint behind the large crates she had claimed as a hiding spot. Of course it wasn't long before she would be found. The murderous intruders were tasked to do a sweep of the whole landing bay before they were to depart. They cleaned the area, making sure to leave not a trace behind, and began loading crates and bins full of gear, parts, papers, and blueprints onto an A-9 Star-cruiser. When they came across Alicia's unconscious body, they revealed her to the head of the operation. Feeling pitiful for the young girl, the individual decided to bring the now orphan girl along. Reasoning the notion with the idea that she could be of service when the time was right. After all was said and done, the organization ACE did a scrub of the young girls mind, erasing her old memories with new fake ones. Instead of being the daughter of the leading scientists of HartTech Inc. she was now the daughter of ACE's founder, CEO, and Head. She grew up on a lie, and was brainwashed into volunteering for ACE's "Project: Wonderland".

Project: Wonderland.

It was unclear as to where exactly the Head of ACE heard of this strange realm known as Wonderland. Though she seemed determined to get there. Of course, the small group of "volunteers" were never given any details as to what exactly their mission was after they successfully landed on the other plain of existence. They trained for years not knowing, until the day finally came for them to make the jump.

Coded by Adrian

It was the year 4057 and our world has advanced significantly in technology, medicine, energy, and lifestyle. Dreams and ideas that seemed impossible have become a reality in the new age of science. We had just begun to explore outside our solar system, establish livable bases or colonies on the moon and other planets, hover cars and plasma guns, teleportation, and other amazing feats have occurred worldwide. New discoveries, new sciences, new everything. Everything is grander. The world you once knew is now gone.

Eventually new advancements in the study of dimensional travel came to light. The leading or head scientists of HartTech Inc. had begun advancements of the new science, and created technology centered around dimensional travel. After many months of working on the theory and the technology to make it possible, the media began making light of a proto-type interdimensional machine that can send an individual to different unknown plains of existence. Though HartTech Inc. actively rejected all notions centered around this rumor stating that there was no such thing.

They Lied.

In actuality the head scientists, James and Erin Hart, had successfully drafted blue prints for a machine that will tear open a rift into the fabric of reality. Unfortunately, they had yet to actually get the contraption to work, and even if they did the rift would be too unstable for anyone to travel through. It was so frustrating. How could they stabilize it? It should be easy for them since it seemed to be only just a step beyond teleportation. It could be done if they worked hard enough. So they kept moving onward, striving to finally claim dimensional travel as very real. They kept pushing, unprepared for an evil lurking in their shadows. Unknown to the corporation, a corrupt terrorist organization known simply as ACE wanted to steal their blueprints and studies for themselves and gain control over the economy, or possibly the world.

They Succeeded.

It was Career Day. Parents all over Brandid City were taking their children to work to spend time with th,em and show them how much they enjoyed their work. This was the same for both James and Erin who had brought their eight year old daughter Alicia to work with them. They spent all day giving Alicia a tour of the labs, showing her how they tested their proto-types, the advertisement team, their co-workers, and everything else you'd find at HartTech. Of course, little Alicia was excited and loved everything her parents had shown her. Her parents were happy with her curiosity and interest in their profession. They had hoped their little girl would follow in their footsteps since she had the mind and capabilities to do so. Alicia spent all day learning about the corporation well into the night. She was in the lounge watching the TV hologram, flipping stations out of boredom. She wanted to go home. She was tired and had school the next day, but her parents had to stay late due to some mishap down in the lab. When the power suddenly cut out, and Alicia couldn't get the lights or Hologram to work again she left the room. Something just didn't feel right, and she quickly became frightened. Wanting her parents, Alicia made haste to the lab where her parents were supposedly working. When she arrived there the lab was in shambles from a ransacking, and Alicia knew something was wrong. The girl began to cautiously sneak around the halls unsure what to do. Eventually, she came across two strangers walking down the halls. She over heard something about captives being held in the landing bay, and immediately went there to see if her parents were among them. Nothing her parents had taught the poor girl would have prepared Alicia for what was about to happen.

Her Parents Were Murdered.

Right before her eyes. The smell of blood filled her nostrils, and her head reeled. She had always been the faint of heart when it came to gore, and watching her parents be executed was enough to cause her to faint behind the large crates she had claimed as a hiding spot. Of course it wasn't long before she would be found. The murderous intruders were tasked to do a sweep of the whole landing bay before they were to depart. They cleaned the area, making sure to leave not a trace behind, and began loading crates and bins full of gear, parts, papers, and blueprints onto an A-9 Star-cruiser. When they came across Alicia's unconscious body, they revealed her to the head of the operation. Feeling pitiful for the young girl, the individual decided to bring the now orphan girl along. Reasoning the notion with the idea that she could be of service when the time was right. After all was said and done, the organization ACE did a scrub of the young girls mind, erasing her old memories with new fake ones. Instead of being the daughter of the leading scientists of HartTech Inc. she was now the daughter of ACE's founder, CEO, and Head. She grew up on a lie, and was brainwashed into volunteering for ACE's "Project: Wonderland".

Project: Wonderland.

It was unclear as to where exactly the Head of ACE heard of this strange realm known as Wonderland. Though she seemed determined to get there. Of course, the small group of "volunteers" were never given any details as to what exactly their mission was after they successfully landed on the other plain of existence. They trained for years not knowing, until the day finally came for them to make the jump.
+ All of RpNation's site guidelines and rules apply here.

+ High quality art for character images. Anime or Semi-realism in style.

All of the characters in the role-play must be 18 and older. Please do not create a character that is overtly childish both in personality or in appearance. If I do not like the quality of the art you've found for your character, I will ask you to change it. Finding high quality art is not difficult in this day in age, but if you need help I do have resources to provide for you. My friends would also be glad to help you look for face claims for you to use. Websites that are designed for high-quality art include; zero-chan, pixiv, art station, etc. You can also find several lovely images on pinterest and weheartit.com. Even google can bring up images of high quality, but I would avoid using it.

+ Human's are a complex species.
When creating your character, I expect them to be fully thought out characters with realistic flaws. As human's we connect with characters that feel real and relatable, and I want to see that in this story. I want to feel for these characters. The more effort you put into a character and their history the easier it will be for me to not only create character arcs for them, but seamlessly include those arcs into the main plot. Additionally, I expect players to have no more than two main characters. I expect players who create the maximum amount to manage them effectively along with NPCs. If I find that you are falling behind because you are having a hard time juggling your characters then I will ask you to drop one for the sake of the role-play.

+ The Character Index.
All players who are invited to the role-play must have at least one fully completed character sheet submitted to the character index two weeks after "joining". These character sheets are your ticket into being a full-fledged player for the role-play. Additionally, you can only post in the IC with characters that have been approved, so it will behoove you to have all of them done with in a timely fashion. Once the volunteers make their jump into the portal any incomplete characters will have to wait for The Witch of the East to be introduced cannonly. This goes for players who do not post introductory replies to the IC before the jump. All of you will be given plenty of advanced notice for this, and we will not wait for you. Failure to complete a single character sheet with in the two weeks, with out reason, will forfeit your spot as a player, and it will be given to someone else.

+ Must be an intermediate or above role-player to join.
As I have already stated, I will only be looking for players who are intermediate and above in writing skills. This means I will be taking past IC posts you've written into account, as well as your activity in previous groups. I might speak to your previous GMs as a reference for your capabilities as well as over all behavior. If you'd like to send me examples of your writing then feel free to do so in a PM. Please do not send me anything larger than four paragraphs. I often check messages via phone, so novella styled posts will be challenging to read and I don't want that inconvenience to ruin your chance for a spot in the role-play. IC posts should be at least a paragraph in length (7-9 sentences each), and in the third person. I do not want posts that exceed anything larger than five paragraphs. I am a strong believer in quality over quantity and I strongly encourage you to focus on progressing the story, or expanding on previous posts from other players, rather than flowery embellishments. The natives of wonderland are vast and diverse, so I expect players to use NPCs, as well as interact with both characters around them and their environment.

+ God-modding and Meta-gaming.
All of you should be aware that these are considered taboo in all role-play environments. God-modding is the action in which you as a writer take control of another player's character in your post, or prevent them from reacting to actions carried out by your own character. This extends to you as a writer narrating a post. If another character's player is written as being "brave", and in your narrative you write them as being "cowardly" with out there being any indication that your character is making that assessment, then you are god-modding by changing a character's per-described traits. Meta-gaming is using external (OOC) knowledge and using it internally (ICly) to give your character any advantage. You will be expected to make changes if asked. Failure to do so will void your post, and it will be deleted. If this happens you will be expected to write an entirely new post or you will be removed and black-listed from my future role-plays.

+ Explicit Content.
Project Wonderland is not an explicit roleplay. This means that anything about sex must be alluded to in some way rather than written in detail, or not mentioned at all. Such ways could be through fade to black, time skips, innuendos, or other means. Other more extreme explicit content such as sexual assault or extreme violence should not be explored in this roleplay. You can write a non-descriptive summary of such things for a character's backstory, but please give proper trigger warnings as well as make it hidden behind a spoiler. Extreme violence and gore is not neccessary in this role-play, but if the need arises then please use a content warning. If you are unsure that your post requires a spoiler or trigger warning, please feel free to ask before posting it.

+ Save your drama for your momma.
As a rule of thumb, participants should be nothing short of respectful to one another as well as cooperative. As I have stated this role-play is a group effort, and I expect all of you to be capable of problem solving with out my involvement. If you have found yourself with an issue regarding another player then please try to approach them in a way that is both professional and mature. If for some reason this does not resolve the situation please inform me and we will work on a solution together. Additionally, I also expect my players to put aside their differences for the sake of the role-play, as I believe that is the mature thing to do; however I realize that not everyone is capable of doing so. If heated arguments or uncomfortable situations is negatively affecting your health, or making it harder to enjoy the role-play, then it is perfectly okay to drop. Remember this is a game, and we are trying to have fun!

+ I have final say. Period; end of discussion.
I have final say in any matter, when I tell you no then it means no. When I tell you to change something, then you change it. If I tell you to stop whatever it is you are doing, you stop. Don't continue to whine, complain, or throw a tantrum as it will not help you change my mind. If you are having trouble with something, then you can tell me in a calm and professional way, and I can try to help you as much as I can. If we cannot find a solution to the problem then you can simply remove yourself from the role-play if that is what you wish. However, if you cause a scene, or treat me and any others disrespectfully then I will remove you and you will be black-listed from my future role-plays.

Suggestions

+ Clear and Legible.

I personally do not like heavy coded posts. As I have said before, I tend to read IC threads and messages via phone. More often than not posts with heavy coding are not phone friendly. In my opinion, You do not need to spend hours coding a post to make it fancy. There are quicker and simpler ways to give your posts flare with out distracting from what's important; the post itself. Of course, I will not punish people who choose to code their posts, but if I find it difficult to read then I will ask for you to add the contents of your post in a spoiler.

+ Writing the post.
Sentences in which a character is speaking must be "quoted" to indicate so. Internal thoughts and feelings regarding certain situations or people should be italicized. Each character should have a color code assigned to them for when they speak, and it is okay for characters to have the same color. The reason for this is that it will make a post easier to read and understand. All speech done by NPCs should have orange colored text. Again, I'm not going to hold it against anyone if they don't do this, it will just make it easier for me to read the posts you guys make!

+ Tags are important.
Every single post should have tags for the characters and notable NPCs mentioned in the post, and anyone the character interacts with. If your character interacts with another main character, then the player of that character needs to be tagged in parenthesis.

Mentions: People they might think about or see, but do not directly interact with.
Interactions: The Chef ( Esmeray Esmeray )
[Image of character]
General Info
Name:
Nickname:
Sex:
Role:

Personality
Five Good Traits:
Five Neutral Traits:
Five Bad Traits:

Description:
Optional.

Quirks:

Dislikes:

Capabilities
Strengths:
Any and all strengths. Doesn't need to be detailed.

Gear: Each volunteer should have a company issued voice communicator, a flashlight, a medpack, and a stun baton. Feel free to add more specialized gear, but remember once they reach wonderland anything that requires electricity will no longer work.

Incapability
Weaknesses:
Any and all weaknesses. Doesn't need to be detailed.

Fears: Anything that makes them mildly uncomfortable to phobias.

History
One paragraph for child hood, one for adolescence, and one for early adulthood.
Who are their parents? What was their childhood like?
Why and how did they become a volunteer for ACE?
Was it willingly or unwillingly?
Did they have any significant experiences while in ACE's care?

Relationships
List any important relationship either with NPCs or other player characters and the nature of their relationship.

Other

Writing Sample
Action Oriented Roles
The Shaper -
Shapers are people who challenge the team to improve. They are dynamic and usually extroverted people who enjoy stimulating others, questioning norms, and finding the best approaches for solving problems. The Shaper is the one who shakes things up to make sure that all possibilities are considered and that the team does not become complacent. Shapers often see obstacles as exciting challenges and they tend to have the courage to push on when others feel like quitting.Their potential weaknesses may be that they're argumentative, and that they may offend people's feelings.

The Implementer - Implementers are the people who get things done. They turn the team's ideas and concepts into practical actions and plans. They are typically conservative, disciplined people who work systematically and efficiently and are very well organized. These are the people who you can count on to get the job done. On the downside, Implementers may be inflexible and can be somewhat resistant to change.

The Completionist - Completer-Finishers are the people who see that projects are completed thoroughly. They ensure there have been no errors or omissions and they pay attention to the smallest of details. They are very concerned with deadlines and will push the team to make sure the job is completed on time. They are described as perfectionists who are orderly, conscientious and anxious. However, a Completer-Finisher may worry unnecessarily, and may find it hard to delegate.

People Oriented Roles
The Coordinators - Coordinators are the ones who take on the traditional team-leader role and have also been referred to as the chairmen. They guide the team to what they perceive are the objectives. They are often excellent listeners and they are naturally able to recognize the value that each team member brings to the table. They are calm and good-natured, and delegate tasks very effectively. Their potential weaknesses are that they may delegate away too much personal responsibility, and may tend to be manipulative.

The Team Worker - Team Workers are the people who provide support and make sure that people within the team are working together effectively. These people fill the role of negotiators within the team and they are flexible, diplomatic and perceptive. These tend to be popular people who are very capable in their own right, but who prioritize team cohesion and helping people get along.Their weaknesses may be a tendency to be indecisive, and to maintain uncommitted positions during discussions and decision-making.

The Resource Investigator - Resource Investigators are innovative and curious. They explore available options, develop contacts, and negotiate for resources on behalf of the team. They are enthusiastic team members, who identify and work with external stakeholders to help the team accomplish its objective. They are outgoing and are often extroverted, meaning that others are often receptive to them and their ideas. On the downside, they may lose enthusiasm quickly, and are often overly optimistic.

Thought Oriented Roles
The Plant - Taken The Plant is the creative innovator who comes up with new ideas and approaches. They thrive on praise but criticism is especially hard for them to deal with. Plants are often introverted and prefer to work apart from the team. Because their ideas are so novel, they can be impractical at times. They may also be poor communicators and can tend to ignore given parameters and constraints.

The Monitor-Evaluator - Monitor-Evaluators are best at analyzing and evaluating ideas that other people (often Plants) come up with. These people are shrewd and objective, and they carefully weigh the pros and cons of all the options before coming to a decision. Monitor-Evaluators are critical thinkers and very strategic in their approach. They are often perceived as detached or unemotional. Sometimes they are poor motivators who react to events rather than instigating them.

The Specialist - Taken Specialists are people who have specialized knowledge that is needed to get the job done. They pride themselves on their skills and abilities, and they work to maintain their professional status. Their job within the team is to be an expert in the area, and they commit themselves fully to their field of expertise. This may limit their contribution, and lead to a preoccupation with technicalities at the expense of the bigger picture.

Other Roles
The Traitor - The traitor will be special role additionally assigned to any of the ones above. The traitor is a Madam Ace loyalist who has been tasked with secret missions. To find a way to permanently open a portal that connects their own dimension with wonderland. To find a way to power earth tech with wonderland magic. To capture The Witch of the East. Among other things. Their goals will not be the same as the rest of the cast, and they have been ordered to use any means necessary to complete such missions, even at the expense of their own team. The traitor will either be decided on as a group, or choose at random.

Last edited:
tL11qyB.jpg

Coming Soon . . . .

• WIP​
General Info
Name: Meera Link​
Nickname:
Sex: Female​
Role: Resource Investigator​
Personality
Five Good Traits:
Curious, Extroverted, Charming, Hardworking, Perceptive​
Five Neutral Traits:
Artful, Determined, Hyper, Sarcastic, Competitive, old fashioned​
Five Bad Traits:
Overly optimistic, Sadistic, Clumsy, Quirky, Disorganized​
Description:
Meera is known as the optimist to most. She is very cheerful, disorganized, and clumsy which give's her an immature air that she persistently uses to charm other's to her side. This succeeds in hiding how perceptive, determined, and hardworking she is to most. She is highly competitive and get's by more or less thinking of reality as a game. She especially enjoy's gambling for high stakes though has been known to be over confident. She is always making note of weaknesses and knows to hide her own disadvantages behind a mask. If she doesn't like a person she doesn't drop the friendly act, instead preferring to be sarcastic toward them to undermine their intelligence. When doing her own thing she enjoy's taking pictures and exploring. She almost always has music playing, has sweets on hand, and likes to dance when she is alone. She also enjoy's telling outrageous stories or lies to see if someone can tell if they are the truth or not and can be a bit old fashioned when it comes to technology despite having scientist for parents. She has also been known to contain slight psychopathic tendencies as a child.​
Quirks:
Constantly fidgeting, tells outrageous stories, constantly disorganized, and always eating sweets.​
Gambling, taking pictures, dancing, and exploring new places​
Dislikes:
Being cold, annoying sounds, hospitals and being sick​
Capabilities
Strengths: She is persistent, has a Eidetic memory, and is great at finding loopholes​
Gear: Company issued voice communicator, a flashlight, a med pack, a stun baton, mapping supplies, drawing pad, and note pad.​
Incapability
Weaknesses: She is physically weak, has slight psychopathic tendencies, and is disorganized.​
Fears: She has a fear of needles​
History
Meera's mother grew up in the country side and her mother was strictly against technology. However, Meera's mother loved science and learning about new advancements. She won science competitions throughout her schooling years and left the country side behind for a prestigious collage. There she met Meera's father and a few years later they had Meera. The two were stars in their field and making names for themselves. They didn't have time to raise a child let alone one as chronically sickly as Meera. So instead they chose to leave her with her grandmother in the country side where she raised Meera in a small cabin.

Her grandmother was old fashioned and stubborn with a distrust of most mainstream technology. Meera herself was sickly as a child and often stayed away from other children. Instead sitting on the side lines and observing them. Many used to pick on her for being sickly and for the rumors surrounding her 'crazy' grandmother but quickly went to ignoring her after strange events kept occurring. A dozen spider in Natalie's book bag, a snack in Dylan's desk, or Ashley being pushed and locked in one of the supply closets being a few of them. Meera had one friend, a boy as frail as her named Theon. He was a bit of a nerd and taught her to play chess. Unfortunately he moved away to the big city when she was eight years old and they stayed in contact for a while but slowly drifted apart.

Meera's parents visited occasionally and whenever they did they tended to be deep in their work and gave Meera gifts. They tended to be things like the newest phone or the newest AI pet. Gifts her grandmother would throw away as soon as she could. Meera herself preferred painting or playing outside, the only gift she ever fought for was a camera that printed 3D Polaroid pictures. It wasn't the newest camera on the market, more a last second grab on her parents way there, but she cherished it all the same. Her parent's visits grew more irregular as time passed until she was 10 and they stopped altogether.

Meera barely noticed the lack of her parents presence. She was more concerned with how sick her grandmother was getting. Her stubborn grandmother refused most modern medicine and was slowly succumbing to dementia. Finally, when Meera was 14 a cold winter hit and took her grandmother away. Her parent's were found and took her in but were barely home. Away from the country side she grew up in and in a whole new world Meera often explored her new city. She found it fascinating and began begging her parents to take her on their trips to other places. Caring very little for the reasons they went there and instead more on the places themselves. She learned to cover her worse qualities with a mask she crafted from watching the other children, her own quirks making it more authentic then not. She explored and mapped out countless cities while befriending the strangest of people and soon Meera found herself with a strange list of contacts and at the age of seventeen often getting hired to broker all kids of deals.

Unknown to Meera her parents weren't as oblivious to their daughters antics as she thought. They began working for ACE when Meera was ten and upon seeing how smart their daughter was when she came to live with them decided to recruit her. Unused to her parents attention Meera was taken by surprise when they started coming home more often and trying to act more like parents, however she noticed the hints they left behind. Dropping ACE into conversations and leaving brochures where they knew she would find them, they were great scientist but they weren't very good at being discreet. Meera herself had decided to volunteer for ACE long ago upon hearing rumors about discovering new places, but enjoying being the center of her parents attention for once, waited for them to finally get fed up and approach her outright. Letting them think it had been all their doing and that they were clever she officially volunteered for ACE. She was officially moved to an ACE felicity soon after and began her official training as a Resource Investigator.

Relationships
Her parent's are scientist that work for ACE.​
WIP​
Other
Writing Sample
Any other viable information that doesn't fit into the above categories. This includes authors notes, theme songs, or anything else.​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back