• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Shortly before Kasai's arrival, Jeane entered the testing room through a pair of sliding doors. Her hair was hastily tied up in a bun, obviously done on her way to the lab, but other than that she looked surprisingly well prepared. She gave Dr. White a bright greeting, as she usually did, and took her spot near the empty testing table.

"Phew, made it just in time!" she muttered to herself, preparing her papers while she waited for the doors to open. Soon enough they did, revealing a group of guards with the red-head in tow. Jeane watched as they roughly tied her down, but didn't say anything, even if she wanted to.

Instead, she focused on the girl and gave a bright smile. "Good morning Kasai, how are you feeling?" While she talked she began filling out the test forms, beginning with the subject's initial condition. "Ah, that's right! I almost forgot! 00054 was released from solitary today. I bet that was exciting, to see him again? I heard you two were close when you were younger!"

She backed away somewhat when White approached,retreating to let him take over while she finished filling out the forms. When a slap broke the silence she looked up briefly, pressed her lips together, and forced her eyes back down. That is, until the conversation turned to something very strange.

What? A war? This is the first I've heard...! Genomic expansion and exploration is one thing, but total weaponisation is another. These are children, they can't handle the horrors of combat.

Suddenly a buzzing from her labcoat brought her thoughts elsewhere. She withdrew the lab-issued tablet and looked at the email. Then in an instant the important, broody conversation was interrupted by a gleeful scree from Jeane, followed by the hurried tapping of heels as she rushed over to Dr. White.

"Look! Look at this video Arthur just sent! Alieel's made friends with subject 00195. Isn't it amazing? she's so cute..."

The more Jeane talked, the more excited she seemed. "Her behavior is extraordinary! A prime example of nature and nurture! Of genetics versus environmental expression! Her genome is vastly different from us - beyond subspecies - and yet here she is expressing behaviors previously thought only to be found in people! Oh of course it has been demonstrated in group-based animals but never to this degree! This isn't instinct, this is conscious decision! AH! It's inter-species communication like never before! It practically redefines what we consider 'human exclusiveness'" She clicked a fingernail onto the screen. "And watch the restraint Vleer was showing too! Now tell me if that isn't the same control, no, greater control than a human over base instincts! Oh, they've progressed so far..."

Siren77 Siren77 Cosmos Cosmos

Boris's smirk turned into a frown at his sister's insult. Leaning down he sniffed his arm pit before turning to her aggressively, "Hey I don't smell! Maybe it's just your breath wafting back at you. Plus, my reflection is the hottest person here so of course I fancy it." he made sure to stick his tongue out at her after he had finished speaking to emphasize his point. Sadly he didn't pick up on his sister correcting him on Blaise's name and still assumed that his name was Blasai.

Frowning again Boris read 'Blaise's' whiteboard, "That sucks, I don't know what I'd do without my voice, it's my best quality. Me and my sexy Russian accent, like this facility wouldn't be able to function without it. Hey! I don't have a knack for getting in trouble I just speak my mind. Nothing wrong with a good freedom of speech.Oh that hand language thingy I pretty sure Ana knows- never mind you are already doing it," he cut himself off as he noticed the two making weird signs with their hands that he did not understand at all.

Like why communicate with you hands when you can communicate with your mouth... oh. Well, why hands why not feet, feet are cooler anyway. Imagine your feet making weird signs, people taking off their shoes to communicate, ah priceless. He snickered lightly at the thought before perking up at Oliva's question, "Food! How could I forget. I love me the egg mush thing they have, it doesn't taste as bad as it looks, and with the ham, yummmmmmmmmmmmmy! But Liv sweety you don't have to go up there alone, I'll join you!"

Smiling brightly Boris carefully exited the table and stood up leaning on his crutch as he listened to Ana's food request. "Are you sure anything's fine? What about the apples that are always bruised and taste like they were dipped in pig shit before they covered them with chemicals and put them out to eat? Or the oranges that taste garlic salt? You fine with those they Ana? Because if you are you are more psycho than I first thought. Plus Beth's oatmeal isn't that bad if you put a little milk in it! Don't be so hard on her, plus she has a sweet ass~"

He was about to turn and ask Blaise what he wanted when the girl that had been dragged away earlier approached them. He watched her actions dully before replying at her sorry attempt at an apology, "You don't seem very sorry you just grabbed that board from Blasai's hands. Also why on earth do you have a guitar? Are you making a band, how is that exactly gonna work with your whole not talking thing? You gonna write the lyrics on the board?"
Juju Juju Siren77 Siren77 User User Xcelgamer Xcelgamer

// Subject - 00145 //
Interactions: animegirl20 animegirl20
Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3
Cosmos Cosmos
Holden just chose to ignore Aileen's threats. He let his emotions get the best of him when he threatened her. When he saw Aileen get taken away, the guilt settled in quickly. Vleer's hug didn't affect Holden much. He just pat her head and thanked her. All Holden could think about was what sort of punishment Aileen was gonna go through. When the doctor came up to him and questioned him, he apathetically responded "Can't remember; y'all've fried my brain to the point of short term memory loss. If you don't mind, I'm gonna go relieve myself." Holden turned to the two snuggling each other. "You two stay out of trouble, alright?" He walked past the doctor without a second thought.

Holden made his way to the exercise room and started up the treadmill. This was mostly just to get his mind clear.

00195-Vleer
interaction: Holden Probably George Probably George
Vleer watched as everyone begain leaving where they where dragged off or left by there own accord “ok see you later then” waving goodbye to Holden as he excused himself, vleer attention finally turned back to its original intention here, getting something to eat, heading over to the food trays vleers tendrils spit of in different direction sniffing the different foods on offer, now of course this was not exactly good for everyone else since vleer was known to clear out all the food and then start sizing up the guard. It’s tendrils plunged into the food, said food was quickly dragged into vleer body as it began dissolving, moping up the edible stuff in a about a minute, vleer size increases along side that being a few centimetres taller then it was before.

Ana Vasiliev (#00076)Ana face.jpg
: n/a
: Olive ( User User ) + Boris ( seasonedcat seasonedcat ) + Blaise ( Siren77 Siren77 ) + Lola ( Xcelgamer Xcelgamer )
: Cafeteria
Ana laughed at Blaise's proposition, forgetting her distrust of him for a moment. 'Believe me I've tried teaching him, but he's just too lazy. You'd have better luck teaching the wall.' She seemed quite amused by the conversation, delighted to talk about her brother without him knowing, but as she was finishing up the sentence her hands began to shake noticeably. She seemed to notice this as well and quickly withdrew them, rubbing them together as if kneading away a soreness. Luckily for her Blaise had already switched back to using the whiteboard, using it to declare the arrival of Lola.

The way he shrinked from her was surprising. This had to be some joke. How was this kid from section F? It bothered her more than she cared to admit, but it didn't matter now. She had to switch her focus to Lola and her guitar.

'Where did she get that?' she wondered, more curious on the why than the how. Hadn't she just misbehave? The fact that she got a reward didn't make Ana jealous, it made her angry. Even if not a single spark of it reached her expression or tone. This girl could have destroyed an entire stock of test subjects, valuable projects that had taken years to produce good results. All for what? Because this girl had a temper tantrum like some toddler? Boris kept running from his cell and they crippled him.

The sight of the guitar made her feel sick, but concealing it was as easy as breathing by now. After Boris had asked Lola about the band thing, she turned to him and gave a light scowl. "Don't be rude, she said she's sorry. Now go help Olive with the food before it gets cold."

She light-heartedly shooed away her twin before turning back to Lola. "Don't mind Boris over there. It's Lola, right? You've been here a while but I don't think we've ever been properly introduced. I'm Ana, and I believe you've already met our friend Blaise here. He's new and needs a white board. Do you have any idea where we could get one? I was hoping you might have a spare?" she asked.

Lola turned to face Boris and scrunched up her nose before starting to writing, she turned the board to show "2 answer questions. a) Mine to begin with, so nyeh & b) Yes, I do plan to start a band with other people here, AFTER I get better control of my voice." The board said and as soon as everyone read she turned back around and started writing again "This morning was accident, I’m still used to being outside of this stupid place.” The board said before Boris was shooed away by Ana who introduced herself and asked about her whiteboard and where they could get one for Blaise, she quickly wrote on the board “??? I was given this, can’t sign or allowed to speak...” The board said and she turned back around after about 30 seconds before she turned it around and wrote on it again “...But that is changing. The chick who gave me guitar (for my trust, probs) is trying to help me control the voice, so incident doesn’t happen again” The board said as she put next to her and she started tuning the guitar. After she finished tuning the guitar she wrote on the board really quickly and turned it around “Hey do you guys mind listening to this?” It asked before she jumped off the table, climbed onto the middle most table and turned up the clip-on amp on her skirt and started playing a loud, fast tune, banging her head, letting her hair go wild. After about a minute of playing she finished by leaping off the table and sliding a little, as she finished holding a note.Lola stood up, smiling and sweating lightly, as she sat back down on the table she shook her head and making her hair fall back into place. She then started writing on the board “How was that? Was that Fukn awesome? It felt it, do you 3 know any instruments?” The board asked, she said as she pulled the jack out of the clip-on amp and turned it off

Juju Juju , seasonedcat seasonedcat , Siren77 Siren77

Archie Moll
Cafeteria
Interacting with: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian , Cosmos Cosmos , @ Everyone

Archie carefully kept his unseen eyes on Alieel as his hands remained parted from the camera, the visor of his helmet showing naught but the reflection of his surroundings. The tube fully unwrapped, Archie slowly reached for one of his sleeves, pulling it back to reveal more of his grey outer wrapping. Small, gleaming exterior valves contrasted with the matte texture of the suit; Archie moved the tube in his hand toward one such silver circle upon his forearm, the two linking together with a light click and little else. With the press of a button atop the canister, blue fluid began to flow through the tube, disappearing into the plug as the boy began to "eat."

Even Waclaw's own troubles failed to distract him; the boy was far from violent, but he was guarded all the same, the camera no doubt an object of particular importance, far beyond any gift he had received prior. Even the conversations of the others throughout the dining area were drowned out as he kept an eye on the oddly-formed girl in particular, despite the natural sense of fear and repulsion her form seemed to generate within him. His hands left the now-connected cube, moving to encircle the camera's grips once more in a simple, somewhat frightened show of possession. As the girl grew nearer, Archie grew more nervous, his hands now trembling enough to shift the position of the camera upon the table ever so slightly with each individual motion, the soft tapping of plastic against plastic emanating from the underside of the gift. He nearly jumped out of his seat as the girl situated herself upon the table, dragging the camera even further towards him. Several steady breaths came from the back of his helmet, followed by another calm, even request, just as the scientists had taught him.

"Please stop," he said, the line rehearsed despite his shaking, "you are in my personal space. It is making me uncomfortable. It is impolite." The girl did not seem to care; her eyes had long since fixated upon the camera's lens and the contours of its metal accents, each passing glint of the light seeming to pull her attention further and further toward the camera's presence. Archie may as well have been at gunpoint. More deep breaths. One still-trembling hand moved to reaffirm its grip on the camera, wrapping the strap around it, while the other reached for his canister, pulling it in front of the device as if to guard it. "Please stop," he said, raising his voice ever so slightly, repeating the phrase just as he had said it. When in trouble or in doubt, reiterate; do not shout. The exercise brought him little comfort. And, yet, he tried. "You are in my personal space. It is making me uncom--"

The girl lept; just then, a loud, grating, wailing sound came from the middle of the cafeteria, the sudden combination of sound and motion shifting the boy into full panic as he dove backward, falling out of his chair as his grip on the camera slipped, saved only by the nylon wrapped around his palm. One matte-grey hand clung to one end of the camera strap, while bright near-white hands clung to the other end, Alieel's bulk pressing down upon the canister as well. "Stop!" the boy shouted, his earlier composure entirely gone as he scrambled backwards on the floor, tugging at the camera as hard as he could, "go away! Go away!"

The tube was far shorter than the strap, and the carefully-produced vacuum seal more delicate than one might have initially assumed; the earlier drop, coupled with Alieel's pounce and the subsequent pull, was enough to begin causing issues.

The tear might as well have been invisible; at first glance, there was nothing visibly wrong with either end of the tube, nor with the canister itself. Yet, as a high pitched, incessant, long-toned beeping more at home on a smoke detector came from Archie's suit, the boy froze. "Advisory," came a calm, feminine recording from the helmet, "Unexpected change in suit pressure detected. Please do not move. Security has been alerted; handlers are on their way to help you."

The boy began letting out a panicked whine, trembling despite ceasing to pull any longer, merely remaining frozen with his hand wrapped just short of the camera's plastic handle. The lights in the cafeteria briefly disappeared, replaced with red as a brief siren echoed through the halls, preceding a gruff advisory on the intercom system. "This is a code 84-L. Non-suited personnel are advised to stay clear of the cafeteria. 84-level handlers are to report to the cafeteria for radiation testing and control. Personnel present in the cafeteria are advised to evacuate all subjects until the area is confirmed clean; highly-mutable subjects are to be given top priority."

The still-trembling child slowly looked to his roommate, then down to his arm, terror only mounting. "Waclaw?" he called, stuck in place between the camera and the canister, "Waclaw, what should I do? I'm leaking!"

Last edited:
Wacław Nowak #00024
Interactions: Archie Moll ( _Line 213 _Line 213 )
Waclaw was caught off guard when the sudden radiation crashed upon his body like waves on the shore rocks, it caused him to recoil backwards from the cafeteria bench, falling on the ground his vision became blurry due to the radiation's tampering with his suits hardware but thankfully his suit was a retrofitted space suit and would briefly protect Nowak from at least lower radiation discharges from Archie's body. He shook his head briefly thinking the vision blur was due to him however he realized it was the suit when the suit resetted itself, a brief message popped up on his display.

Warning! Hazardous radiation levels detected!

Nowak's first thoughts were that this place was screwed, if Archie or his containment suit breached it would be an apocalyptic scenario, he knew Archie was panicking and needed help. He barely lifted himself from the ground with all the radiation bombarding his suit, his breathing became more labored, his wheezing grew, the pains he occasionally received became constant whilst growing in intensity. He looked at Archie's trembling and fear body. "Hold ON!" Waclaw yelled as his body began moving forward towards Archie, the deathly waves of radiation pummeled him as he moved, throwing caution to the wind; he picked up his speed and moved closer to Archie's body, the movements so far might as well have been in slow motion and then.

Warning! Hazardous radiation penetration detected!

Waclaw knelt beside Archie, barely breathing, his voice struggling to send out words. "Sto..st... stop.." Was all he could manage before he had to take a breathe. "Panicking.." Another word, another pause, this lack of breathe he experience was puzzling but he had to push through, he had to push through. "Mrs... mrs... Taro, she'll.." A large wheeze escaped Nowak's bombarded lungs and he resumed his words. "Miss you..." He began to cough and his vision became blurry again although this time it was from his fading consciousness, he gathered the last bits of strength, will and roared."SO FOR HER SAke... MY sake, everyone's sake, you need to stop panickin.." His last words were cut short as his corpse of a body fell to the ground, lifeless but managing to clutch Archie's exposed hand.

"Sorry...."

00195-Vleer
interaction: Archie _Line 213 _Line 213 waclaw Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian
The radiation alarms and the radiation itself didn’t bother vleer much, it didn’t have anything to do with stubbornness more of a disregard for its personal safety and anyway it’s not like radiation did much t vleer it wasn’t exactly alive in the traditional sense lacking cells to begin with. Vleer headed back to one of the table and simple sat down as everyone else was either leaving or getting dragged out watching in confusion, then it finally dawned on on it, everyone’s got to leave for some reason, looking around once again there where a few guards on the ground collapsed due to radiation poisoning, of course to vleer it just assumed they where being lazy, it’s tendrils spread out grabbing the guards and lifting them all up, as it left the cafeteria dragging the guards behind it inadvertently saving them the door closing behind it of course, this didn’t stop vleer form just sliding back under the door it’s attention shifted over to Archie and Waclaw being on ground odiously neither of them should be in here anymore “hey I think where all not meant to be in here still you two are being silly” being said in its usual happy tone not taking into account the situation for either of the suited subject. As quick as vleer showed up it left slipping under the door once again. Only to be met with Arthur looking down at it, then giving it a pat on the head “impressive kid, pull the rest of those people out of there. Oh and not eating them immediately

Last edited:
" !! ATTENTION ALL UNITS THIS IS NOT A DRILL. I REPEAT THIS IS NOT A DRILL. SUBJECT #00084'S SUIT HAS BEEN BREACHED. ALL QUALIFIED PERSONAL TO REPORT THE THE SCENE IMMEDIATELY AND REGAIN CONTROL OVER THE SITUATION. OTHER SUBJECTS ARE TOP PRIORITY, EVACUATE THE CAFETERIA ZONE FULLY BEFORE APPLYING SAFETY PRECAUTIONS !! "

The loud and blaring message echoed throughout the front quarter of the facility, it's voice ringing through sections A though C with ease, leaving the other chambers in an eerily uninformed silence. The white chamber walls of the cafeteria bursting to life with the red lights blinking above in a sort of panicked disco effect. It took but a few moments for the room to fill with more than half a dozen special unit soldiers, head to toe in full body gear and heavy duty face masks.

The figure at the head of the group raised a hand to his breathing device, beginning to speak loudly into it, "This is officer Link Sheffield reporting to head control. Room condition reading at code twenty on radiation levels, all subjects will not need to be decontaminated upon recapture if remaining under the schedule five minuet mark, any exceeding need immediate treatment. We're going for a fast seal route. All codes will be returned to appropriate holding cells. Requesting door assistance for collection. Over."

The voice crackled with a radio static like buzz throughout the area loudly, all the while codes were gathered and carried out in restraint locks in groups, fallen surveillance guards being left to cough harshly or remain unconscious on the ground, one of the few times it was really shown in person that these experiments were truely worth more value to them than their own workers, and a clear reminder of just how far they'd planned into keeping them all within these walls for capture.

// #00230 - Alieel //
23e.png

By the two minuet mark all that were left were the last three kids within the room and the arm of soldiers surrounding them, since the beginning of the alarm the panicked Alieel had begun scampering around the room growling and clearly trying to find a place to hide, a hair of the ops forces trying to corner her beneath a table, tail flickering and large sharped teeth showing clear, tails tip flicked upwards in her mouth as a sign of aggression as her form held crouched and hands in front nervously. She'd been yet to fully attack a guard in years, in fact there was only ever two accounts, one when first brought in and attempted to be assessed and the other-…. A guard that practiced cruel methods of subject containment, lets just saw a chomp from those teeth was the least he deserved in the words of an attending medic.

Diving forwards the pair caught the girl by the throat and waist, arms wrapped tight against her struggle to pull free and break out. However an incoming thwack of her tail knocked one captor clean across the floor a solid metre away, the other, unlike the less competent guards that usually worked with the kids, didn't even give a flinch at his team mates fall, instead shifting his body to grasp the mid section of the large muscular appendage as the knock down guard clambered back to his feet and ran back over in assistance.

Squirming and and protesting with loud, short noises not unlike words the girl was dragged out the sealed doors and thrown into the nearest containment room, immediately launching towards the glass door hands flat and growling loudly, the soldiers running back to duty leaving the girl in a panic.

Quickly her tail settled and regaining a more calm and frightened composure she began to ball up in a corner, sitting down with tail wrapped around like a protective shell, peering out the top her red, glaring eyes a stark contrast to the scratched up white walls.

A strict instruction quickly given. Do not report this incident to Dr Jeane.

__

Back within the chaos of the rooms walls the flashing lights stopped as a small crew rushed to the pair, table skidded away across the floor by two members a slightly discoloured suit member knelt down, instead of the murky blueish grey a light green tint covered the colouring of their armour plating. With a quick assessment the two subjects were seperate from one another, Waclaws limp body being carried as quickly as the four men lifting the heavy metal could and brought off into a seperate restraint room than the norm, this one lined with a thick reinforced walling and a series of high tech looking robotic tools, a room specially developed for the 'frosty' subject in case treatment was needed, and through a layer of glass so thick it distorted view sat a woman with legs crossed letting out a sigh from a chair, waving the group of men away as they heavy sealed the door.

"Yeesh, and to think I haven't even had my second cup yet today~…." she mumbled, a steaming hot cup with a cheesy line printed on the porcelain front sat on her lap. Not donned in a lab coat or even safety gear she sat simply with a large, baggy swollen sweater and some ankle length, black sweatpants, expression a mixture of annoyance and bemusement.

Mentioned/Interacting: || EVERYONE IN THE CAFETERIA || _Line 213 _Line 213 Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Juju Juju seasonedcat seasonedcat Siren77 Siren77 Xcelgamer Xcelgamer User User

Note:
_Line 213 _Line 213 I'll leave Archie's treatment to you, feel free to take over the cafeteria situation with the on-site medic and soldiers.)

Last edited:
// #00001 - Kasai //
!! (forgot to mention but you can replace the fake swears with real swears in Kasai's taking and thoughts)!!

Leather straps dug deeper into the girls body, producing reddened, bruising marks already around their edges as Kasai listened to the doctors speech her whole body tensing, causing the neck strap to choke her a little. War?…. s-since when…. Even freaking Jeane didn't know about this, "Th-The freak are you talking about you idiot!?" she yelled, not fighting the restraints but chest heaving deeply in obvious light panic. Her cheek showed no marking from the slap despite the sound, nor had she so much as flinched, her body was used to that kind of treatment, and Mr. ego over there knew it. If anything it was to scare the guards and other scientists, she bet the creep liked the look on their faces of terror, her teeth grit at the thought before words began to slowly click in her head.

The girls understanding of quote 'big words' wasn't amazing, but that's what you get for having little education of any sort, and working it out from the, 'oh so intellectual conversations of the guards' - tch. - didn't exactly help either, especially since back then-

The girl shut her eyes tightly before the thoughts crept back in, no. That was never going to happen again.

"Expansion?…. what- like, another subject? How the freck is that any different?" she asked with slowly slitting eyes, a glare coming to fruition, and despite the tough and stubborn tone carried in her voice, it was clear the confusion at his words, her so called lack of brain, even though it was their freaking fault, that he was so smug about, after all, there was no way someone like her with such little experience of norms, would know what he was talking about, to understand what he was truely implying.

As he mentioned the others she let out a low growl like noise, almost animalistic in behaviour,
"You leave them outta' this already! It's me ya freaking want!?" she hissed out, briefly loosing her temper despite her repeated mental warnings to keep it together, this is what he wanted, and as much as she hated it, all she wanted to do right now was pummel that freaking grin off his darn face, "Before though-" This was just about the most she'd talked in days, maybe even weeks during testing, seeing Blaise had clearly had some effect, not that she'd given more than a soft glare at Jeane's earlier question.

Or at least it had been until it was cut off by the aforementioned bouncy scientists approach in the otherwise hostile situation. straining her neck to get a view she raised a brow, who the- oh, that weirdo making out with the pile of goop from earlier…. Argh, was this crazy lady 'her scientist' she hated that…. They got assigned them, like pets. Mindless animals who's owners gave no mercy, and rewarded them for good behaviour, not like she'd ever freaking behave.

Not fully anyway, she'd play along where they wanted her too, she'd let them do what they wanted to her body. As long as the others are safe.

Mentioned/Interacting: Siren77 Siren77 Juju Juju

// Subject - 00145 //
Interactions: Cosmos Cosmos Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian
It wasn't long before Holden was pulled out his zone when he heard the breach of Archie's suit, followed by a row of guards running past him. Without a second thought, Holden immediately followed after them. When he arrived, he noticed everyone had been pulled out. Although there was something wrong in the air. Where's Waclaw?! Holden tried getting into the room, but was restrained by officers. "Get the fuck off me! I need to help them!" He cried out, but his cries were ignored. Eventually, out came Waclaw. Was he... was he dead?

Holden's heart sank as he saw Waclaw's limp body being carried out. He hardly knew the kid, but it was his duty to make sure nothing bad happened. At least that's what he told himself. If he'd just stay for another couple of minutes, he could have done something. Hold on a second, someone else is missing. "Wait guys, where's Alieel?" Holden feared that she was still inside, and that the worst was gonna happen.

Meanwhile, Georgie quickly became upset when he heard the screaming and blaring alarms. "Mommy!" He called out, referring to Dr. Miles. "Open the lift, we need to get him out of here!" She called out to the guards. "Don't worry Georgie, everything will be fine." She softly spoke to him. With the lift door open, Georgie was lead out and back down to his room.

Clara raised an eyebrow at his response and watched Holden as he left. "Figures" She decided not to worry about the conversation and headed out of the cafeteria and to the testing area. Aileen was already in there working out. Clara walked in and sat in a chair with iPad in hand. "Alright, Aileen you wanna tell me what you were talking about with Holden earlier?" Aileen's body froze. "It was nothing important." Aileen didn't understand why was she suddenly afraid to tell Clara anything recently she can't help but be afraid of her. She hadn't always been afraid of her so why now? Clara looked at Aileen annoyed alright then. I want you to keep working out until lunch no breaks or water got it?" Aileen looked her in confusion. "Wait what? I don't think I can." Clara narrowed her eyes. "I gave you an order do it! Your body is enhanced which means it can handle more and do more than the average person and see this as punishment....trust me it could be a lot worse. I'm going easy on you. Now get started already."

Suddenly sirens started to go off.

" !! ATTENTION ALL UNITS THIS IS NOT A DRILL. I REPEAT THIS IS NOT A DRILL. SUBJECT #00084'S SUIT HAS BEEN BREACHED. ALL QUALIFIED PERSONAL TO REPORT THE THE SCENE IMMEDIATELY AND REGAIN CONTROL OVER THE SITUATION. OTHER SUBJECTS ARE TOP PRIORITY, EVACUATE THE CAFETERIA ZONE FULLY BEFORE APPLYING SAFETY PRECAUTIONS !! "

Aileen started to make her way to go help but Clara stopped her. "No back to work they'll be fine." Aileen nodded and went back to working out. Clara sat there in deep thought. That Holden kid is immortal right.... If I could make her that way....my super soldier really would be perfect....

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━

OLIVE LEWIS

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━

Olive stuck out her tongue in mock disgust to Ana. "Smart. That oatmeal isn't normal."

"I'll join you!"

A smile spread across her face as Olive watched the siblings' bicker. Even after six years, being around the two never failed to amuse her. For a moment, as if forgetting she volunteered to grab everyone food, she stood there, observing the newest - supposed "dangerous" - addition to the group. She still couldn't understand Blaise - or maybe just the idea of him. How could he be from section F? Was he faking his personality? Or those tears from earlier? How could someone like him be so nice? It didn't make sense to Olive, but --

Paranoid... you're just paranoid.

She tried shaking the thoughts out of her head. It didn't work. Olive couldn't stop thinking about what would happen if Blaise was just an act and secretly was dangerous. What if he snaps and hurts Boris later? Or Ana?

Stop it. You need to stop it. Nothing bad is going to happen. Nothing bad ever does.

When Olive finally snapped back into reality, she realized she missed an entire exchange between the others.

"Don't be rude, she said she's sorry. Now go help Olive with the food before it gets cold."

Huh. Wonder what happened... "Yeah, let's go, they're running out of all the good stuff," She spun around and headed towards the lunch ladies, walking a little bit slower than usual so Boris could catch up. Once Olive got to the stations, her eyes lit up, spotting the last ham sandwich. She grabbed it and turned to Boris. "Hey, do you-" Sirens went off, causing Olive to jump and drop the sandwich.

!! ATTENTION ALL UNITS THIS IS NOT A DRILL. I REPEAT THIS IS NOT A DRILL. SUBJECT #00084'S SUIT HAS BEEN BREACHED. ALL QUALIFIED PERSONAL TO REPORT THE THE SCENE IMMEDIATELY AND REGAIN CONTROL OVER THE SITUATION. OTHER SUBJECTS ARE TOP PRIORITY, EVACUATE THE CAFETERIA ZONE FULLY BEFORE APPLYING SAFETY PRECAUTIONS !!

Wait... what?
Her thoughts from earlier found its way in the front of her mind. Nothing bad is going to happen. Nothing ever does. Bullshit.

Panic fled up to her throat but she made no noise. The calm cafeteria scene changed into a hectic one. She wasn't entirely sure what was happening, but a bunch of guards flocked into the cafeteria while the subjects scurried out. Her eyes scanned across the room, wondering if the others were okay. Olive looked over at Boris before quickly saying, "Let's go," Olive started towards the exit, her body shifted in a way so that nobody could accidentally bump into Boris. Every now and then, she would glance over her shoulder, checking to make sure he was still there.
━━━━━━❦━━━━━━

Wacław Nowak #00024
Interactions: Medic Girl ( Cosmos Cosmos )
Nowak's consciousness was fading in and out, he knew this was a different place but where? He didn't know but his body felt the lifeless limbs of the robots, prodding and poking at his suit, removing mechanical clamps that any person with sufficient strength could release with ease. Sssssssss, the hiss of gas as his helmet was undone; it was lifted up slightly while small surgical arms crept under the helmet thanks to the new opening. The surgical arms carefully made their way around Waclaw's head, their chill resistant shells and circuits withstanding Frosty's cryogenic gas however they were still on a deadline as even though their shells and circuits were designed for cold conditions, they still couldn't last long. Swiftly, they worked to remove the machinery connecting Nowak's body to the suit. Several clicks and ticks later, machinery unlocked so robotic pincers pulled Nowak's helmet off... however instead of the cyanosized face that looked like a blueberry under a certain light; an ice covered sheath laid atop Nowak's face, the only thing visible from his face were a peculiar set of glowing red eyes.

The cryo gas emitted from Nowak seeped out from his now exposed head, it moved low and off the table which his body rested on; the machines tried to poke at his head however were met with resistance from the mask-like ice cover on his head, they ceased their efforts after several pokes and instead slipped under Nowak's suit there they found a linking station in which they connected themselves to it. This linking station typically transmitted Frosty's vitals to the lab's computer however the radiation damaged the broadcasting unit and thus the machines must directly connect to it. Nowak's vitals weren't critical but his body's liver and left lung have been permanently damaged, his liver's function could be rerouted towards the waste disposal unit on his suit until they replace his liver that is, unfortunately the functionality of his left lung was in question, the robots decided to shut it down until replacement can be achieved.

Nowak, an hour later, woke up with a bursting headache; he clutched his head with his gloved hands but he didn't realize what was on his face until he stood up and looked in the mirror. He threw himself back, landing on the table he was just on.

"What... WHAT IS THIS?!?"

His voice morphed, echoed across his side of the room.

"THIS VOICE?"

He then noticed the crimson eyes staring back at him, it was his and he could see their red color.

"MEDIC! WHAT IS THIS?" He shouted in confusion.

“Not just another subject, but a PERFECT subject. One that will lead the fight in the war I speak of. A god of destruction that will bring about our salvation, and will truly take the next step in advancing the human genome more than it already has. You children are not samples of adaptation in the work, with supernatural skills that allow for a more advanced breed. Our tampering and modifications were only to enhance you further than nature did. That you might achieve you maximum potential. But it will be nothing compared to what we might be able to create, all we need is a little more time.”

“No one else’s suffering will have to be involved as long as you do as we ask. However, continual failure will result in excessive punishments that even I would like to keep away from the dear children. The choice is yours Kasai, and yours alone. Don’t make the others believe you’re more of a monster than they already think you are.”

Jonathan turned around and walked over to his table to retrieve some items, only to be stopped by Jeane who apparently had become distracted by the favorite subject of hers, Alieel. For a moment he was somewhat annoyed by her outburst of excitement, but after viewing the footage she had received his heart was also softened at the sight of it. Once more a grin spread across his face.

“Truly marvelous, a fine subject with great success.” He turned and grabbed a set of syringes on the table, “But I wouldn’t bother getting to attached to it.” There was a strange glint in his eyes, “With the future we have in store for these children, there’s no telling what could happen to her.” The Doctor retreated from his desk and approached Kasai once more, —.moving the clothes covering her right arm.

“I’m going to need a few blood samples from you for testing, so I’d be much appreciative if you’d hold still.” With that said, one by one be inserted and withdrew five different samples of blood into the syringes before packaging them back up and setting them aside for a later. The Radio was picked up once again, “subject Zero One is ready for cell return.”
.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.
Cosmos Cosmos Juju Juju

// #00001 - Kasai //

Kasai tensed at his words, she knew they were weapons- but to…. fight people? Wasn't it enough they were already treated as monsters? Didn't they have any damn choice in this whole darn process!?…. Now they had to become their namesakes too.

'It hurts'
- -

-No. Don't think- of that...

'Won't someone…. Save me from this darkness?….'
- -

The girls body tensed in the restraints as her pupils retracting, the stabbing pain of the needles injecting themselves between her skins layers almost caused her to flicker back to reality, little by little the thick and unnaturally dark, almost purple blood filled the vials as the doctor cackled and smirked all the way.

As the radio wave fizzled with a loud crackle to existence her body rested limp and panting, complexion pale in colour from the loss of so much of its life sustaining fluid so quickly. A sudden warning chart flashing on the vitals reading screen, the cool blue rapidly shifting to a blinking red as warnings began to skyrocket.

A loud scream suddenly leaving the girls as swirls of flame suddenly came to life within her palms, a loud shattering of energy of fire suddenly burst in streams about the room, narrowly avoiding the pair of researchers present. Guards rushed in and immediately began open firing at the girls non vital zones, holes seeding through her skin as the warnings slowly began to drain back to gentle beeping.

Blood trickling from the girls hands and arms, dripping onto the floor as she lay weak, chest heaving in and out weakly as a small stream of the red fluid dribbled from her bottom lip.

"Target neutralised. Returning to post. No injuries to report. However incident rating on todays charts has reached a new critical with this following the suit leak. Backup is requested for facility outpost, section F." The commanders intercom flickered to life as the stubble covered and scarred man gave a harsh glare to the pair in lab coats, clicking his tongue as he turned in disgust of the abomination laying upon the steel table and back out of the room.

This was the second loss of control in the early weeks of this month. Her powers were growing more unstable, triggered by clear bursts of emotional overload, something the medication was supposed to be helping with, if she didn't punch every guard when she had to take it…. Not that it seemed to be doing much anyway.

For the past four years she'd seemed to be progressing, growing ever more obedient but lately- things were slowly returning to before, as though the girl was loosing control of her very instincts themselves.

And back into the beast created when she was first 'born.'

_______

Mentioned/Interacting:
Juju Juju Siren77 Siren77

Ana Vasiliev (#00076)Ana face.jpg
: n/a
: Blaise ( Siren77 Siren77 ) + Lola ( Xcelgamer Xcelgamer )
: Hallways
Ana was taken aback by Lola's sudden guitar solo. It was all she could do not to cover her ears from the sharp, electric tones.

"That was quite the performance." she said lightly, claping her hands. "Sorry, but I don't play any musica-"

Her voice was cut off by a deafening screech, though this time it wasn't from Lola. The alarms in the cafeteria had been activated, painting Ana's face with flashes of synthetic red light. It didn't take long for the chaos to erupt, and under its cover she grabbed the board and marker from the table, quickly pulling it to her chest. There, it disappeared before anyone took notice. Other than the off-chance that someone saw her sleight of hand, it would look like she was hugging herself. (Clarification: it is hidden by an illusion. It will be hazy in the radiation, but will be fully hidden outside the cafeteria.)

Ana's skin felt tight and itchy, erupting with discolored splotches along her face and arms. Still, she couldn't move yet. Her eyes flicked between the guards and fleeing subjects, searching frantically for any sign of her twin. Finally, after what seemed like a painfully long time, she spotted him near the food stations, hobbling beside Olive. Her heart felt like it was going to burst, but she knew she couldn't run over to help. Boris and Olive were between her and the busted suit of 84. She could already see the bodies of guards falling around the boy. It didn't take a scientist to know that going close too close meant severe consequences. They can make it out, she thought while forcing herself to look away. They'll be okay.

Once she was assured of Boris's escape she rounded on Blaise and Lola. "Move! NOW! This way!" she shouted above the roaring alarms, then took off towards one of the cafeteria's side entrances, stopping at its threshold to make sure the other two were following.

---

After they had made it out Ana leaned against the wall and breathed wearily. Her arms were wrapped around herself, looking ill as she shook slightly. "Your cell is this way." she said to Blaise, walking past him to lead the way. "Lola? You know your way back to your cell from here right?"

c95a55d91ea2ffd0f9fda0c37ffe7fd6.jpg
Nathaniel Nevermore - ESF

Interactions: Ana ( Juju Juju ), Blaise ( Siren77 Siren77 ) Lola ( Xcelgamer Xcelgamer ) Mentions: None.

Goddamn kids, why do we put them together. Thought the elderly ESF guard as he marched through the corridors towards the cafeteria, passing by the guards carrying 084. If they are gonna be put together at least make sure accidents like these don't happen. He criticized the lab's incompetence, his marching stopped when he reached the cafeteria's entrance.

"Halt subjects."

Nathaniel spoke towards the three subjects.

"Can one of you explain to me what happened here?" He said with a gruff and rough voice, his rifle limply hanging from his neck; he examined subject 076.
"Young lady, you need a D.R to take a look at those splotches, in fact all of you need a physical... and a shrink" His last words were muffled by the air as the 88-year-old, pulled out and opened a digital notepad to begin writing the events down.

// Subject - 00145 //
Interactions:
After taking a peak inside, he noticed Alieel wasn't inside. She was probably detained. That was a weight lifted off Holden's shoulders. He didn't feel like going back to working out, so Holden made his way to his cell for some rest. Not even a minute before his nap and he was detained. What could be going on? After a bit of a walk, he knew what was going on. The test. Holden started fighting back. "No! Let go of me!" he yell out. But his cries were ignored, once he made it to the testing center, he was strapped down so he wouldn't thrash around. It was the same people as ever. Except for one. Watching behind bullet proof glass and surrounded by the most intimidating guards Holden had ever seen. He had heard before that someone very special was coming to watch over this test. Was this... the overseer? Oh god, what the hell were they going to do to him?

His thoughts were interrupted when one of the researchers spoke up into a microphone. "Date, April twenty five, two zero one nine. Dr. Avarith. Today, we'll be injecting ERAA-00145, the immortal, with class A internally destructive nano machines. Being viewed by the Overseer. Dr. James, and Dr. O'Riley." The researcher approached Holden. He began trembling in fear. "What the fuck is that? W-WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!" Holden screamed. The Doctor prepared the syringe, getting ready to place it in Holden's arm. "NO STOP, GET THAT SHIT AWAY FROM ME!" Holden's screaming started cracking. Without hesitation, the researcher penetrated Holden's arm and slowly injected him with the nano bites.

From the recording, one could hear Holden's breath shutter and pick up. Soon after invasion, the nano machines started eating at Holden's innards. Holden had been shot multiple times, coated in acid, blown up, even burned alive. But this was the most painful thing he'd ever experienced. His screams of agonizing pain wailed through out the rooms and down the hall. The only thing that could be understood from his screams was "GET IT OUT OF ME!" But once again, his cries went unheard. They soon made it through his blood stream and into his heart, quickly tearing it apart. His screams came to a sudden stop, and only replaced by heavy gasping. Not too long after, he went limp. The only external damage was the blood in his mouth from gritting his teeth so hard, and the blood from his fingers by grasping and dragging his nails across the arm rest. "ERAA-00145's vital signs have dropped. Now extracting the nano machines from it's body." The doctor said into the microphone. "Well that was pretty short." Another called out. "Surprisingly. It seems that the nano machines are functionally at least fifteen times faster than we predicted." After unstrapping him, one of the guards dragged Holden's lifeless body back to his room. If he'd come back, the would know. Normally they would have kept him around to see post test results, but the Overseer wanted a word with the researchers.

The damage to Holden's insides was severe. It took a bit over 20 minutes for him to come back. But he awoke with a horrific wail. He quickly huddled to the corner of the bed, the trauma still there. Never before, has Holden wished he never came back. But there he was, huddling in a corner, crying.

Arthur
Interaction: Nathaniel Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian
While Arthur was glad to see someone else had showed up to deal with this, situation and probably the paperwork that came with it Nathaniel action where not in accordance to protocol at the moment “ one of the subject containment suits was breached and the cafeteria flooded with radiation, so we need to get all subjects back to there respective containment units, and all of them scrubbed for radiation BEFORE we start any investigations” of course Arthur would have preferred to use there actual names and the like but, the facility disliked people getting attached to the kids, of course Arthur was doing it more out of respect since more then fifty percent could kill him rather easily.

00195-Vleer
interaction: N/A​
Vleer almost instantly left for its room, sliding its way under the door, only to find the room emptier then it normal was lacking the cardboard box and few bits and bob that the staff let vleer keep, more out of a fear the slime might eat them. Sliding back under the door, it spotted the sign attached to the door “subject 00195-V.L.E.E.R to be moved to prevent further containment breaches” a annoyed expression cross vleers face, it was going to have to find where it was moved to. This should be fun

Jeane"Well, yes, but 230 is quite unique..." she said, deflating a bit when Dr. White commented on her attachment. It wasn't the first time she heard those words, almost every other scientist in the facility was telling her to stop getting so invested in the subjects. Could they not see how different each of them were? Two pyros, two illusionists, two electric, yet the members of each pair were strikingly different! Shaking her head, she put away her tablet (making sure to download the email's attachment first) and went back to her notes. That is until the doctor decided to take 5 samples from 01.

"Five samples? Doctor, that may be too hazardous for the subject's current state!" she exclaimed, worriment covering her face. Adjusting her glasses, she turned her head to look at the screen displaying the subject's vitals. Red light flashed in a sheen around her eyes, highlighting their fearful look. "Doctor, 01's vitals are critically low! You need to stop before she becomes too unstable! Doctor I recommend..."

Sadly her advice fell on short ears. Within moments of her warning the room was filled with a scream and a blaze of heat. Jeane stumbled back, narrowly being missed by the sudden wall of flame. It was as she thought, the test had caused too much strain on the girl.

"No, no! Stop!" Jeane shouted, scarcely hearing her own words above the crack of gunshots. By the time it was over she was covered in splatters of blood, the pristine white of her coat stained with sprays of fresh red. She took off her glasses and wiped them on the cleanest section of her sleeve she could find, which wasn't much. Stepping through the pools of blood, Jeane walked up to the table and gently placed a hand on Kasai's head. "Shhh. You're alright. It's over now..." she muttered, even if she wasn't sure if the girl could hear her. Jeane didn't care if getting close to subjects like this was considered dangerous... it was a hell of a lot less dangerous than the reckless probing the doctor had done.

"That was highly unnecessary." she stated curtly to Dr. White, her expression unusually serious. "You should know that subject 01 is undergoing emotional stress. Guards have sent in numerous reports concerning a deterioration in her mental health, something just as important in our tests as her vitals!"

Jeane let out a long sigh. "There are things you just can't replicate in a genome! These experiments are not only genetics, but behavioral specimens! You may be able to copy DNA, but you can never predict behaviour. Even their control and expression of power depends directly on environment and individual experience."

"You may think you're creating a god, but you...you're wrong! It would be a human, just like 01, just like 02, just like all of the others. Like it or not, doctor, they have emotions; wants, fears, memories. Most importantly you forget the very first thing about being human -- they defy their creator."

Seemingly caught between agitation and uncertainty, Dr. Jeane adjusted her glasses. It was as if she wondered if she should continue, thought against it, then went against her better judgement. "Maybe you're right. Maybe you will create something stronger than these kids, but how do you propose we control this force of destruction? Hmm? We can barely control our current creations..." she motioned to the bloodied table and charred lab materials. "Create this 'god' and we won't have anything to stop it! We will be the architects of our own demise! We'd ask them to defend us, yet we treat them worse than animals! Tell me why you think a powerful, intelligent, superhuman would ever consider protecting their torturers?"

Siren77 Siren77 Cosmos Cosmos

dcevgd2-d0345098-4641-4173-bebd-249b8953c5c1.jpgAileen was continuing her work when suddenly Clara told her to stop. "Aileen Stop for now. I want you to go patrol the halls." Aileen looked at her confused. "But I thought-" Clara interrupted her. "I didn't ask for your opinion I gave you an order now go." Clara watched her leave and she wasn't happy. "That girl's memories must be starting to come back... The brainwashing effects are fading again.....I need to find the button that switches on those bracelets." Clara then got up and headed out. Aileen decided to go down to the cafeteria to check out the situation. It was kind of chaotic but it seemed handled. She didn't understand why she wasn't sent to help Clara always sent her to help with these kinds of things. She quickly got out of the area and went to patrol the halls. While walking she thought she heard crying? She walked up to the cell and looked inside. "Holden?" She quickly covered her mouth. She wasn't supposed to address them by names. Well too late for that now. Why was crying anyway? Clara always told her tears were just a sign of weakness. It was...... wasn't it?
Probably George Probably George

c95a55d91ea2ffd0f9fda0c37ffe7fd6.jpg
Nathaniel Nevermore - ESF

Interactions: Arthur ( Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 ), Ana ( Juju Juju ), Blaise ( Siren77 Siren77 ) Lola ( Xcelgamer Xcelgamer ). Mentions: None.
Nathaniel paused at Arthur's sudden interjection, he briefly considered his suggestion. "Well, Arthur; if proper protocol was followed the portable scrubbers would've been here AND would've scrubbed these kids already." The old dog signed, frustrated with this facility's lack of competence, he slipped his digital notepad back into his back pocket. "But that isn't your fault, Arthur. Alright, get yourselves scrubbed, a physical and we'll continue this little chitchat later." Before Nathaniel walked off, he turned back once again to the kids. "At my office, one floor up, take 3 rights and a left at the end of the hallway, silver door, my name tag is on it, oh and bring any other person that may have some noteworthy story. " He walked off whilst mumbling weird curses.

"Vo'hadoq greesh,, ozh tak ozh greesh doq omoz."

Archie Moll
Cafeteria
Interacting with: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian , Cosmos Cosmos , @ Everyone

"Waclaw?" The other boy had practically melted before his eyes. Despite calls to stay calm and stationary, Archie could only draw nearer to his friend in the panic. "Waclaw?" he called again, voice wavering as the boy remained motionless. Alieel had darted off, leaving the canister and ruptured tube free to move as Archie kneaded his hands against the fallen figure. "Waclaw!"

One of the far doors shifted open as the Scrubbers appeared, several suited figures immediately pulling Archie back from the boy despite his protests. "Please help him! Help him!" he called, his legs kicking aimlessly, without strength and without target. "Help him, please!"

"Archie!" called one of the suited figures. "Archie!" The suit circled around, steadying the boy with hands on both shoulders as the handler struggled to make their face visible past the visor of their hazmat suit. "Archie, it's Doctor Tanaka, I take care of your checkups--do you remember me?"

The boy struggled to nod, nearly frozen in fear again as the scrubbers arrived, some locking down the room while several others began to carry the limp Waclaw away. "Where are they taking Waclaw?"

"Somewhere they can help him," the doctor said, one of the other Scrubbers now moving for the suited boy's arm, tracing the tube with a finger. "It's the feeding line, it ruptured," he said, prompting a nod from the first technician.

"Archie, I need you to calm down for me, please. Do you remember our breathing exercises? The Blue Danube? I want you to fix the song in your mind. Can you do that for me?"

No voice came from Archie's helmet. Yet, he offered a nod, and tried; eyes closed behind the visor, the young, terrified boy playing back his memory of the song he had heard so many times before, the gentle rise and fall of carefully-caressed strings stepping in thirds, the wind of flutes and piccolos hopping just above; the epitome of lightness.

One, two, three, hold. One, two, three, hold. Four sets of three steps. Twelve forming four phrases. Nine in, hold for three. Nine out, hold for three. Archie thought of the grand concert halls in his picture books. He was there, alone in the audience, with the instruments far away, upon the stage and beneath the balcony, their sound the only thing besides his breathing filling the hall.

"Levels are dropping," came the voice of one of the scrubbers, looking up from the Geiger counter in his hand.

"Excellent Archie, you're doing a perfect job. Keep breathing," said Tanaka, looking to several of the Scrubbers on standby with a nod. They stepped forward, stopping before the concentrating boy as they carefully moved to retract the ruptured line, the item now finally safe to touch now that levels were on the decline. The tube was carefully decoupled, the valve upon Archie's arm hissing briefly before clicking shut. Tanaka let out a long, careful breath. "Almost," he muttered, his eyes locked squarely on the boy's helmet.

"Acceptable range for mutation-insensitives."

"Give him another minute."

The levels continued to subside. Carefully, Tanaka let go of the boy's shoulders, standing up ever so slowly as he looked to several of his co-workers. "Open the doors. Get the other children in here; scrub them on the way in." With that, he let out a long, relieved breath, reaching for a radio on his hip. "Doctor Tanaka. We've stabilized Eighty-Four. You can take us out of lockdown now."

The doors, finally, opened, Scrubber personnel present on both sides of each entryway prepared to receive any children who wished to remain in the dining hall. The red lights went out, momentarily shrouding the area in darkness before bringing forth the area's normal, flat-white lighting. Clipping the radio back to his belt, he issued one more command.

"Take Archie out of here, please."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back