• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Progenitor

Vulpes

sentient fox
This rp is set in a large wilderness, a large circle, 100km across. At the edge is just vast, pure sky watching over, and a black, colluding void below. This land is similar to what you would expect from europe, although seemingly untouched, at first glance. There are bold mountains, large coniferous forests, deciduous forests, lakes, snowy, rocky hills and undulating grasslands. Some areas are cold and chilling, whilst others have a gentle warmth. 

The disk that you will find yourself on is populated with bears, wolves, foxes, deer, rodents and birds, both canivorous and herbivorous. Exactly what you'd expect to see in a temperate climate (except for the bears maybe). But there's more, something deeper...

Scattered around the disk are a few strange beings, unnatural and otherworldly. Some are robotic, others biological terrors, some are a mix of both. These entities are all different, some will try to help you, some want your help, some will manipulate you, and others will stop at nothing to end you. There are also numerous artifacts, strange items with unusual properties, they seem to be technological, but they can do things beyong your understanding of physics. Some of these items are kept by the strange beings, others are in special places, the deepest caves, underwater, and at the peaks of mountains.

You will find yourself in a mixed forest, in the center, with a small group of (up to) 7 others, you will not wake up, you are just there, from nothing. You have no knowledge of anything manmade, but you inderstand all science that man has discovered up until today(in real life). You do not know what a phone is, but you know what radio waves are, electricity is, ions, atoms, forces, momentum, etc. You understand science and how particles work, how the universe works. You will find yourself with one item(like the artifacts) when you appear (I have yet to decide what each one will do).

My main idea for the plot is that this land was made by an alien precursor, you are all humans, and you may slowly discover what is happening, and why you exist. I haven't decided why the characters will exist, I will finish the plot in time, but the base is there. I'd like a heavy focus on deep character development, how they react to the unusual world and unnatural beasts, how they react to being seemingly trapped and controlled. I hope you are interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
But there's mire, something deeper...

Not sure what this part means but aside from that sounds interesting.

Also are you suggesting that we're all in our birthday suits since clothes are man made?

Not sure what this part means but aside from that sounds interesting.

Also are you suggesting that we're all in our birthday suits since clothes are man made?

Sorry I forgot to mention that, You will have simple modern clothes of your own choice, more can be made from hide etc. They can also speak english

by the way, I don't have any limitations or expectations for writing. I trust you all to try and make interesting characters, and to produce the best writing you can. I know that depth is necessary, but sometimes in conversation for instance, shorter posts are necessary. As long as you are trying your hardest, I will have no issues. I will also try my hardest.

If we can get another two I'll start to make a thread.

Also, please ask me anything that I have left to assumption (unless it is too obvious), It is essential that you understand enough to do as you please woth your character and that you can contribute to the plot. I will add some more detail on the plot in the full thread, but still, don't be afraid to ask, I don't bite ;)

@Handabooo @Mathias No Bias @OverconfidentMagi

Sorry guys, been a huge let down, had a lot on. could you help me with ideas for the strange beings?  There will be 9 of the spread throughout the disk, I want to make their demeanours known so that everyone can control them. so far I have the idea for one being a 20ft, white and grey matte, glowing yellow eyes humanoid robot, consisting of many small geometric parts moving to make him move, so that he almost seems to be made of a strange liquid. He helps guide the characters and gives hints and riddles.

As for the plot, I was thinking that an alien race prepared thousands of disks, each with 8 members of a single species, to test for certain traits. The precursors did this because they knew they would die, and wanted a race to follow after them, the people in the disks would be essentially paused, and would be 'unpaused', as soon as all members of the predecessors were dead. The disks will be escaped by understanding the alien language and technology deeply to realise what's going on. To escape, a command must be spoken, which can be discovered through the artifacts (you can decide when we find artifacts and what they do, just not OP plz). I don't know if you want to carry on when we escape, we'll get to that later.

I think you meant to tag @Turtlyturt instead of me, but since I've been summoned I suppose I'll go ahead and say this looks pretty interesting. 

Yeah I'll join. So are we picking one of the items you listed in the OP, or one of our own?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back