• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Pride Lions RP Thread

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Instead of answering, Kayzu leaned over slowly and, ever so gently, he licked her cheek. He was smiling when he drew back, his pink tongue sticking out just a bit, fluff still clinging to it. He got up, ready to run away for his audacity. Light was dancing in his eyes.
Kitteh Kitteh
(Sorry I was busy)
Scarlett watched them but quickly lost intrest as a butterfly flew past them**
Kitteh Kitteh SilverFlight SilverFlight

Instead of answering, Kayzu leaned over slowly and, ever so gently, he licked her cheek. He was smiling when he drew back, his pink tongue sticking out just a bit, fluff still clinging to it. He got up, ready to run away for his audacity. Light was dancing in his eyes.
Kitteh Kitteh

Grace's eyes sparkled playfully.
"You-" She rolled over and swatted at Kayzu's ankle, snorting.
She let out another soft half-chuckle. "You're the worst."
Despite the rude words, her tone was warm and happy.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Vixenshine Vixenshine

Kayzu laughed as she swiped his ankle, but he moved closer, not further and lay down beside her again, belly in the warm grass. There were more butterflies, and one landed on Kayzu's head, ruining his regal appearance.
"I'm the worst?" He parroted innocently.
Kitteh Kitteh Vixenshine Vixenshine

Kayzu laughed as she swiped his ankle, but he moved closer, not further and lay down beside her again, belly in the warm grass. There were more butterflies, and one landed on Kayzu's head, ruining his regal appearance.
"I'm the worst?" He parroted innocently.

Grace turned a soft gaze on him. "No." she answered honestly.
Transfixed, she watched the butterflies float around Kayzu.
"Well, ya know..." The corners of her mouth twitched into a little half-smile.
"Maybe."

Kayzu laughed and pressed his forehead against her neck gently.
"I'll take it."
He sat like that for a moment more, not wanting to continue at all, but at length he rose and stretched.
"We should keep moving." He sighed.
His thoughts drifted back to the pride meet.
"I'll have to put up a strong presence, or risk being seen as a target. I doubt my particular leadership style would be well recieved with the other rulers." He thought out loud. Still, it worked for him, and he was happy to act for the meet.

"I'll take it."
He sat like that for a moment more, not wanting to continue at all, but at length he rose and stretched.
"I'll have to put up a strong presence, or risk being seen as a target. I doubt my particular leadership style would be well recieved with the other rulers." He thought out loud. Still, it worked for him, and he was happy to act for the meet.
Scarlett kept chasing the butterfly, because butterflies are epic*

"I'll take it."

"If you like, I can act really scared of you."
Grace stood with him and rubbed her head against Kayzu's neck.
"It'll be ok, Kay." She reassured him. "You're a wonderful leader."
Privately, Grace was terrified for the meet.
Abyss was a huge stickler for tradition, and wouldn't be able to believe that Smokey could attack him for his pride. That was the biggest problem, keeping him safe without hurting his pride.

Kayzu shook his head. "Even pretending, that would break my heart." He was grinning, and, only half joking.
"Thanks for the vote of confidence." He whispered softly.
He watched the look in her eyes carefully before saying:
"You're worried Abyss won't see Smokey's ambition, and will be too stubborn to hear it from another lion...I guess we'll need some sort of plan...luckily I have the smartest lioness working for me." He winked at her.
Kayzu lead the way on for a little while. The plains were quiet in the heat of the day, with only one brave bird singing on the scorching savanna.
In the distance Kayzu could see the mountains, where he knew it would be cool, and water plentiful. If ever the rains didn't come, he would take the pride there. Being prideless did leave a lot of time for exploring..

Kayzu shook his head. "Even pretending, that would break my heart." He was grinning, and, only half joking.
"You're worried Abyss won't see Smokey's ambition, and will be too stubborn to hear it from another lion...I guess we'll need some sort of plan...luckily I have the smartest lioness working for me." He winked at her.
Kayzu lead the way on for a little while. The plains were quiet in the heat of the day, with only one brave bird singing on the scorching savanna.
In the distance Kayzu could see the mountains, where he knew it would be cool, and water plentiful. If ever the rains didn't come, he would take the pride there. Being prideless did leave a lot of time for exploring..
Scarlett realized everyone was leaving and slowly followed**

Grace felt her face grow hot. "Aww, don't worry. I won't."
She listened politely as he spoke, but her mind was elsewhere.
"Kayzu, what have we said about mind-reading?" She teased, brushing against his side again.

As they stood, looking out at the mountains, Grace spoke softly. Almost as though she was sharing a secret with him.
"My mother always said there were mountain prides living in those peaks. I think those were just cub tales."
She turned to look at Kayzu, sun in her eyes. "I have always wondered, though."

Kayzu chuckled. "Sorry, I'll try not to."
He caught the hint of curiosity in her voice when she spoke of the mountains.
"I didn't see any when I was there." He replied thoughtfully. "But the mountains are pretty big, and the plants aren't like they are here. The forest is really dense, and it's hard to see. There's enough water though, even if lions would have to come down into the lowlands to hunt."
He glanced at her, "have you ever thought of going to see them yourself?"

Kayzu chuckled. "Sorry, I'll try not to."
He caught the hint of curiosity in her voice when she spoke of the mountains.
"I didn't see any when I was there." He replied thoughtfully. "But the mountains are pretty big, and the plants aren't like they are here. The forest is really dense, and it's hard to see. There's enough water though, even if lions would have to come down into the lowlands to hunt."
He glanced at her, "have you ever thought of going to see them yourself?"

"I've never seen a forest." Grace admitted softly.
She turned her gaze back to the horizon.
"I don't think I've ever had the time to even dream of leaving pride territory."
The lioness glanced down at her paws.
"I mean, you've seen it here. There's always a shift to take, a hunt to go on, water to find, cubs to care for..." Grace sighed. She'd seen so many of her friends stuck with cubs the second they were given a job. It was a ruthless cycle in pride life.

Kayzu thought for a moment, looking out at the distant peaks.
"We could make it to the base by sunset."
He stated confidently. "You don't have a shift tonight, and I'm pretty much free to do what I want."
He turned to meet her eyes, his were filled with excitement. "Our lives are only going to get more complicated after the meet, it sort of makes sense to go now."
He bounded ahead two paces, turning back in a half jump. "I want to show it to you. I want you to see the trees taller than giraffes and butterflies with golden wings and watch the sunset catch the waterfalls and turn them to fire."
He took a few paces back to her, dipping his head so his muzzle was close.
"Will you let me show you?"

Kayzu thought for a moment, looking out at the distant peaks.
"We could make it to the base by sunset."
He stated confidently. "You don't have a shift tonight, and I'm pretty much free to do what I want."
He turned to meet her eyes, his were filled with excitement. "Our lives are only going to get more complicated after the meet, it sort of makes sense to go now."
He bounded ahead two paces, turning back in a half jump. "I want to show it to you. I want you to see the trees taller than giraffes and butterflies with golden wings and watch the sunset catch the waterfalls and turn them to fire."
He took a few paces back to her, dipping his head so his muzzle was close.
"Will you let me show you?"

Grace took a step back with a soft gasp.
"I..." Grace's voice faltered and she searched his gaze.
A waterfall? A real waterfall? Excitement shot through Grace, who'd always been a curious lion.
And trees taller than giraffes? Impossible.
The sun hung cheerfully in the sky, just over the mountains.
Crickets chirped around their paws, and a vulture swooped low overhead.
A butterfly swept around them and landed on her nose.

"Yes."

Kayzu leapt in the air. "Yyyes!"
He turned on his heel, setting his sights on the mountain. "Hope you've been working on your endurance, it'll be quite the jog."
Kayzu started off at a lope, letting Grace catch up to him before rushing ahead through the grass laughing. He was so much more than excited, and more than anything, he wanted to share the wonders he'd seen with Grace. She deserved as much as he could give. As they ran he couldn't help glancing over at her, and smiling wide each time.

Kayzu leapt in the air. "Yyyes!"
He turned on his heel, setting his sights on the mountain. "Hope you've been working on your endurance, it'll be quite the jog."
Kayzu started off at a lope, letting Grace catch up to him before rushing ahead through the grass laughing. He was so much more than excited, and more than anything, he wanted to share the wonders he'd seen with Grace. She deserved as much as he could give. As they ran he couldn't help glancing over at her, and smiling wide each time.

"Ack! Kayzu!"
Grace scrambled after him, half-giggling the whole time. "You goober!"
The tall grass tickled her stomach, paws, and neck. Bugs buzzed away frantically as they broke through it.
Every time Kay looked back and smiled, she met his eyes with equal warmth.
They entered a little clearing, where Grace skidded to a halt and gasped.
The waterfall was golden and spraying little rays of fire across the clearing. Trees reached for the sky, dizzying any lion who dared look up their mighty trunks to try and see their crowns.

They had run for hours, and the sun was just brushing the horizon when they arrived. It was only a short climb to the waterfall Kay remembered. By then the full growth of the jungle has taken over their view. The soil was soft under their paws. Gone was the prickly, sun-baked grassland. Broadleaved plants shaded every inch of the path. In the air around them butterflies danced lazily, every colour of the rainbow reflected in their wings. The pool at the base of the waterfall was deep and clear.
Kayzu crouched to drink the cool water to the backdrop of the roaring falls which, as he described, were burning orange with the setting sun.
"So?" He asked her, stepping onto a flattened rock hanging over the pool's edge.
"Is it everything you imagined?"

They had run for hours, and the sun was just brushing the horizon when they arrived. It was only a short climb to the waterfall Kay remembered. By then the full growth of the jungle has taken over their view. The soil was soft under their paws. Gone was the prickly, sun-baked grassland. Broadleaved plants shaded every inch of the path. In the air around them butterflies danced lazily, every colour of the rainbow reflected in their wings. The pool at the base of the waterfall was deep and clear.
Kayzu crouched to drink the cool water to the backdrop of the roaring falls which, as he described, were burning orange with the setting sun.
"So?" He asked her, stepping onto a flattened rock hanging over the pool's edge.
"Is it everything you imagined?"

Grace's mouth hung open. Her sides heaved as she fought to control her racing breath.
"I mean... wow." She breathed, watching a butterfly flitter around Kayzu.
"It's beautiful."
As she said that, she was looking at Kayzu. She smiled gently, watching the light of the sunset drift over him.
"Really, really stunning."

Kayzu's smile brightened again.
"Well, I think I have a few more things I want to show you."
He gestured for her to follow as he skirted the pool and drew close to the roaring cascade of water. In one fluid motion he leapt into the water...and vanished.
A few moments later he poked his head out from behind the falls.
"There's a cave here, come on!"

Inside the cave was dark and damp.
"Stay close." Kayzu said, despite his dripping mane.
The path was narrow and sloped upwards, but it grew dry soon and then, something began to glow above them. Hundreds of little points of blue light dotted the cave roof like stars. The cave opened up into a large cavern and suddenly it was as if they were under the open sky. More things began to glow as well, mushrooms and moss, each flourescing a different colour. The light reflected off Kayzu's glossy wet fur, turning his sandy coat to a tie-die of colour.

Kayzu's smile brightened again.
"Well, I think I have a few more things I want to show you."
He gestured for her to follow as he skirted the pool and drew close to the roaring cascade of water. In one fluid motion he leapt into the water...and vanished.
A few moments later he poked his head out from behind the falls.
"There's a cave here, come on!"

Inside the cave was dark and damp.
"Stay close." Kayzu said, despite his dripping mane.
The path was narrow and sloped upwards, but it grew dry soon and then, something began to glow above them. Hundreds of little points of blue light dotted the cave roof like stars. The cave opened up into a large cavern and suddenly it was as if they were under the open sky. More things began to glow as well, mushrooms and moss, each flourescing a different colour. The light reflected off Kayzu's glossy wet fur, turning his sandy coat to a tie-die of colour.

Grace was dripping water onto the floor as she landed (mostly) soundly in the cave.
She gasped and scanned the room, the colored lights of the plants shining is her eyes. Colors whirled in her vision as she adjusted to the light, bright spots dancing in the corners of her vision.
"Kay, this is really... really something."
Colors dappled her pelt, and she reached slowly towards a magenta-ish mushroom that sat cheerfully near her feet.
"I mean- just, wow."

SilverFlight SilverFlight

Everytime he heard her amazement Kayzu couldn't help but grin. Making her happy was his new favourite thing to do, he decided.

"I bet Hana could use some of this stuff for her healing, we should send her out here with a scout once things with the other prides quiet down."

He continued through the cavern, up the winding rock path. Eventually light could be seen reflecting off stone and suddenly the cave's exit was before them. Kayzu squinted, even though the sun was below the horizon now, casting a deep red light which was slowly fading into purple. Kayzu rounded a corner, wearing a knowing smile and guided them out to a small rocky ledge, and there, stretched before them, lay thier pridelands. The waterfall was below them now, a soft grumble from the other side of a line of trees. The view showed them everything at once, it was like seeing the world through the eyes of a bird.
"I saved the best for last." He told her, sitting down and looking out at the world below.

Everytime he heard her amazement Kayzu couldn't help but grin. Making her happy was his new favourite thing to do, he decided.

"I bet Hana could use some of this stuff for her healing, we should send her out here with a scout once things with the other prides quiet down."

He continued through the cavern, up the winding rock path. Eventually light could be seen reflecting off stone and suddenly the cave's exit was before them. Kayzu squinted, even though the sun was below the horizon now, casting a deep red light which was slowly fading into purple. Kayzu rounded a corner, wearing a knowing smile and guided them out to a small rocky ledge, and there, stretched before them, lay thier pridelands. The waterfall was below them now, a soft grumble from the other side of a line of trees. The view showed them everything at once, it was like seeing the world through the eyes of a bird.
"I saved the best for last." He told her, sitting down and looking out at the world below.

Grace smiled out over the lands.
She took in a deep, soothing breath and laid her head against Kayzu.
"This was amazing. Thank you, Kay."
Grace closed her eyes and sighed happily.

SilverFlight SilverFlight

Kayzu put his head over hers and shifted to press closer.
"I'm happy I got to be the one to show it to you." He mumbled softly.
He was quiet for a moment, looking out over the landscape.
"You know, I don't think I've ever been happier, than in these last few days..."
Kitteh Kitteh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back