• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Pride Lions RP Thread

Characters
Here
Other
Here
"How's your paw?" Kayzu asked her gently.
He was sure nearly getting flattened in the ravine hadn't helped the injury.
Kitteh Kitteh
Then he noticed the strange lion leaving.
"Just like that huh? No goodbye? You know you can stay if you want to. At least tell me your story before you leave. Where did you come from? Why did you leave?"
Vixenshine Vixenshine

"Little sore, but nothing too crazy. How's the shoulder?"
Grace's head turned slowly to the stranger- Scarlett?- as Kayzu's questions cut through the air.
She settled in to listen. Stories were wonderful; her absolute favorite.
This was sarcastic, obviously. Most of her younger years had been spent hearing the same four stories from her aunt over and over again.
It had been dreadful.
New stories, though, were still somewhat interesting.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Vixenshine Vixenshine

"Little sore, but nothing too crazy. How's the shoulder?"
Grace's head turned slowly to the stranger- Scarlett?- as Kayzu's questions cut through the air.
She settled in to listen. Stories were wonderful; her absolute favorite.
This was sarcastic, obviously. Most of her younger years had been spent hearing the same four stories from her aunt over and over again.
It had been dreadful.
New stories, though, were still somewhat interesting.

Scarlett sat down feeling a bit anxious, no one had ever listened to them speak* "I honestly don't know where I'm really from, I know it was far from here. and I can only remeber a bit...." *Scarlet paused wondering if they were really listening*

Kitteh Kitteh SilverFlight SilverFlight

"Aww, you care." Kayzu teased her. "My shoulder's all right. Nothing to stop me coming with you on patrol." Kitteh Kitteh

He turned his attention back to Scarlett, sitting down on his haunches. He didn't intent to leave until he got a straight answer.
"You don't remember? How long ago was it, and what happened exactly?" Vixenshine Vixenshine

"Aww, you care." Kayzu teased her. "My shoulder's all right. Nothing to stop me coming with you on patrol." Kitteh Kitteh

He turned his attention back to Scarlett, sitting down on his haunches. He didn't intent to leave until he got a straight answer.
"You don't remember? How long ago was it, and what happened exactly?" Vixenshine Vixenshine
Scarlett sighed and continued* "I can only remeber I was probably was from a pride like most lions.. I can kinda remeber my parents."

Grace gave him a weird look. "Course I care, Kay."
Taking the cue from him, she swung her gaze back to Scarlett.
A pride? Maybe one of the disbanded prides?
Or maybe Clouded. One of their old leaders was horrible about kicking out lions.

Grace gave him a weird look. "Course I care, Kay."
Taking the cue from him, she swung her gaze back to Scarlett.
A pride? Maybe one of the disbanded prides?
Or maybe Clouded. One of their old leaders was horrible about kicking out lions.
Scarlett shrugged* "maybe.. I don't know"

"It's going to be very hard to help you if you keep giving us half answers like that." Kay pointed out. The lion it seemed had almost been dodging their questions.
"Maybe we should fill you in about what's happening here. There might be a pride war soon. Clouded pride is angling to take over Dismal, unofficially, of course, it's just hearsay now. But the danger's there. You can stick around, or leave to avoid getting caught up, either way, if you treat the lions here with respect, you get respect in return."
He thought for a moment, and glanced at Grace, not entirely sure where to go next with the line of questioning.
"What do you remember about your parents?"
Kitteh Kitteh Vixenshine Vixenshine

"It's going to be very hard to help you if you keep giving us half answers like that." Kay pointed out. The lion it seemed had almost been dodging their questions.
"Maybe we should fill you in about what's happening here. There might be a pride war soon. Clouded pride is angling to take over Dismal, unofficially, of course, it's just hearsay now. But the danger's there. You can stick around, or leave to avoid getting caught up, either way, if you treat the lions here with respect, you get respect in return."
He thought for a moment, and glanced at Grace, not entirely sure where to go next with the line of questioning.
"What do you remember about your parents?"

"Perhaps a walk around the territory might jog your memory."
Grace suggested this quietly. Rude as it might be, she didn't exactly trust this lion around their camp.
"Or, easily enough, you could quit hanging around the prides until the danger with Clouded has passed."
She said this all matter-of-factly, fixing her gaze on the lion.

Grace suggested this quietly. Rude as it might be, she didn't exactly trust this lion around their camp.
"Or, easily enough, you could quit hanging around the prides until the danger with Clouded has passed."

*Scareltt looked down akwardly

"..I know my mom was pretty strict about rules...My father was distant to us.. I can't remeber much about him.." Scarlett said feeling embarssed

Scarlett looked at Grace* "maybe..."

Kayzu looked up at the sky as if asking for patience.
"Let's go on that walk then. It'll give me a chance to see if those hyenas really gave up."
Kayzu started off through the grass, the shade from low-branched acacia trees dappling his gooden coat. He kept to the trees where he could. No need to startle the prey animals anymore than needed, the pride needed them to stick around.
Every once in a while he glanced back, his eyes finding Grace and he smiled.

((What time of day is it? I forgot XD))

"Let's go on that walk then. It'll give me a chance to see if those hyenas really gave up."
Kayzu started off through the grass, the shade from low-branched acacia trees dappling his gooden coat. He kept to the trees where he could. No need to startle the prey animals anymore than needed, the pride needed them to stick around.

((I think It's daytime-))

Grace nodded and padded respectfully after him.
Whenever he looked back and met her eyes, she could feel her heart do a delightful little flip.
She didn't really know why that evoked a little knot in her feelings.
Love? Nah. Kay was just a leader- well, friend. A cool and mildly handsome one.
Oh no.

Grace nodded and padded respectfully after him.
Whenever he looked back and met her eyes, she could feel her heart do a delightful little flip.
She didn't really know why that evoked a little knot in her feelings.
Love? Nah. Kay was just a leader- well, friend. A cool and mildly handsome one.
Oh no.

Scarlett kept his head down to seem submissive*

Kayzu slowed to walk beside the lioness.
"You really don't have to do that. Walk behind me, I mean. I...I don't want to be that kind of ruler."
He chanced a look back at the lion following them.
"I'm not sure what to do about Scarlett. I don't think they're actively hiding anything, but at the same time, they haven't really answered any of my questions...how can I trust them?"

"You really don't have to do that. Walk behind me, I mean. I...I don't want to be that kind of ruler."
"I'm not sure what to do about Scarlett. I don't think they're actively hiding anything, but at the same time, they haven't really answered any of my questions...how can I trust them?"
Scarlett followed silently*
(sorry If my parts of the roleplay seem short, I'm not the best roleplayer)

"I don't know." She sped up a touch to keep pace with him.
"That's mainly why I figured we should leave camp- it couldn't hurt to be safe."
Almost sheepishly, she smiled at Kay.
"How are you doing, anyway? Not too stressed?" Gently, Grace bumped her head into Kayzu's mane.

((no problem.))

((Yeah, the more you rp the better you get!))

"You're always right." He said with confidence. Taking the new lion on patrol was a good idea.
Grace's concern and her gentle gesture warmed him to his core.
"How could I be anything but amazing, when you're here?"
He pressed his head against hers and closed his eyes.
They walked for a little ways, up a small, grassy rise, and when they reached the top Kayzu gasped.
"Haha! With all the pride politics going on, I totally forgot my favourite time of year! The cubsfoot is in bloom!"
He gestured out to the plains, where, as far as the eye could see, peppering the grass, were hundreds of fluffy, yellow seed heads.
Kayzu bounded down the hill to the edge of the field, which looked just like a cloud for all the soft, downy flowers. He swatted one and the fluff scattered, taken up by the wind. He put his head in a cluster of them and suddently his mane was full of yellow fluff.
Beyond him the flowers stretched on, an endless supply of fun. He was grinning from ear to ear.

"You're always right." He said with confidence. Taking the new lion on patrol was a good idea.
They walked for a little ways, up a small, grassy rise, and when they reached the top Kayzu gasped.
"Haha! With all the pride politics going on, I totally forgot my favourite time of year! The cubsfoot is in bloom!"
He gestured out to the plains, where, as far as the eye could see, peppering the grass, were hundreds of fluffy, yellow seed heads.
Kayzu bounded down the hill to the edge of the field, which looked just like a cloud for all the soft, downy flowers. He swatted one and the fluff scattered, taken up by the wind. He put his head in a cluster of them and suddently his mane was full of yellow fluff.
Beyond him the flowers stretched on, an endless supply of fun. He was grinning from ear to ear.
Scarlett watched a bit surpised**

When Kayzu asked her the question softly, Grace's heart flip-flopped again.

"Cubsfoot?" Grace echoed in a confused voice, before noticing the fluffy flowers.
Her mother had called these puffblooms.
Grace scrambled down the hill, tripping part of the way down and rolling like cubs did the rest of the way.
She barrelled into the flowers, gasping as the flowers exploded out into the air around them.
The puffs tickled her nose, and she sneezed.
At this point, a lot of the fluff had settled, and the lioness was coated in a fine layer of yellow dust.
She swept a paw low through the flowers, somewhat tossing a pawful to Kayzu. "Hmf!" A bit of fluff landed delicately on her nose.

When Kayzu asked her the question softly, Grace's heart flip-flopped again.

"Cubsfoot?" Grace echoed in a confused voice, before noticing the fluffy flowers.
Her mother had called these puffblooms.
Grace scrambled down the hill, tripping part of the way down and rolling like cubs did the rest of the way.
She barrelled into the flowers, gasping as the flowers exploded out into the air around them.
The puffs tickled her nose, and she sneezed.
At this point, a lot of the fluff had settled, and the lioness was coated in a fine layer of yellow dust.
She swept a paw low through the flowers, somewhat tossing a pawful to Kayzu. "Hmf!" A bit of fluff landed delicately on her nose.

*Scareltt went down into the fleid he touched one of the flowers slowly*

Kayzu's laughter followed him as he rushed after Grace, running with her, leaving a trail of fluff rising behind him. He bounded beside her as she rolled, and then he was rolling too, covered in fluff and laughing until he was breathless. The pawful of fluff hit him in the face and he sneezed too. He crouched with a look of mischief and pounced on her, rolling away and springing to his feet to run, looking behind him to see if she would chase.
He barelled past Scarlett, sending a wave of cubsfoot fluff over them.

Kayzu's laughter followed him as he rushed after Grace, running with her, leaving a trail of fluff rising behind him. He bounded beside her as she rolled, and then he was rolling too, covered in fluff and laughing until he was breathless. The pawful of fluff hit him in the face and he sneezed too. He crouched with a look of mischief and pounced on her, rolling away and springing to his feet to run, looking behind him to see if she would chase.
He barelled past Scarlett, sending a wave of cubsfoot fluff over them.

And, of course, Grace did give chase.
She chased after Kayzu, catching up to him quickly and swatting at him with her claws sheathed. As she turned and ran away again, the blooms were kicked into the air and soft grass stained her paws green.
Her heart flipped and twisted again as she scampered away.
Out of breath, Grace flopped down in the flowers, grinning like a nutjob.
"Puffblooms are the best."

Kayzu turned on a dime and ran after her. His heart was racing, and lent his paws a burst of new speed. He was right behind her when suddenly she was down in the flowers.
"Whoa!" He made a very unbecoming leap to avoid running into her and collapsed onto his back on her other side. Fluff exploded out from the impact, dusting both of them. When he finally stopped laughing his voice was soft: "Oh, I might be able to think of one thing better."

Kayzu turned on a dime and ran after her. His heart was racing, and lent his paws a burst of new speed. He was right behind her when suddenly she was down in the flowers.
"Whoa!" He made a very unbecoming leap to avoid running into her and collapsed onto his back on her other side. Fluff exploded out from the impact, dusting both of them. When he finally stopped laughing his voice was soft: "Oh, I might be able to think of one thing better."

"And?" Grace's voice was breathlessly soft.
The pounding excitement and drive from their romp across the meadow vanished in the space of a single heartbeat.
Grace gazed at him with wide blue eyes. Wind ruffled the soft puffs of fur on her cheeks.
"What can you think of?"
Her voice grasped for the teasing warmth, but her tongue felt clumsy and her tone kept the same gentleness.
Grace's heart swelled.

Instead of answering, Kayzu leaned over slowly and, ever so gently, he licked her cheek. He was smiling when he drew back, his pink tongue sticking out just a bit, fluff still clinging to it. He got up, ready to run away for his audacity. Light was dancing in his eyes.
Kitteh Kitteh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back