• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Pride Lions RP Thread

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Kayzu leapt in without hesitation.
"Right beside you!"
The hyenas took flight, there were two more and Kayzu barrelled after them. They were fast, faster than him in a sprint, but he kept on their heels. Kayzu chased them through the grass and over a small rise. One of them broke away and began to circle back to flank him, but the others ran down a slope and into a dense thicket. Kayzu followed, unaware of the hyena behind him.
Kitteh Kitteh

Kayzu leapt in without hesitation.
"Right beside you!"
The hyenas took flight, there were two more and Kayzu barrelled after them. They were fast, faster than him in a sprint, but he kept on their heels. Kayzu chased them through the grass and over a small rise. One of them broke away and began to circle back to flank him, but the others ran down a slope and into a dense thicket. Kayzu followed, unaware of the hyena behind him.
Kitteh Kitteh

Grace slammed the first hyena's face into the dirt and pelted after Kayzu, calling his name.
"Behind you!"
She tackled the chasing hyena, and they rolled over and over in the dirt.
Whoof. The canine kicked her hard in the stomach and she leapt away, gasping for breath.
As she bounded back into the fight, she called simply to Kayzu. "Doing good?"

SilverFlight SilverFlight

Kayzu turned at the sound of Grace calling his name. He saw her go down with the hyena and turned on his heel to run back and help her.
He managed to cuff the hyena hard across the face and it reeled back, trying to run after the others.
"They went into those trees. Come on!"
Kayzu bolted after them. The trees grew thicker as Kyzu masde his way down the slops. A dry riverbed lay at the bottom, cracked, dry mud the only evidence there had been any water there at all. The sides of the ravine rose as Kayzu ran, but he could see the hyenas, three of them, running ahead.
"I think we can trap them!" He called to Grace. The hyenas were hemmed in on two sides now and Kayzu knew this ravine, there was a solid rock wall ahead.
Kitteh Kitteh

Kayzu turned at the sound of Grace calling his name. He saw her go down with the hyena and turned on his heel to run back and help her.
He managed to cuff the hyena hard across the face and it reeled back, trying to run after the others.
"They went into those trees. Come on!"
Kayzu bolted after them. The trees grew thicker as Kyzu made his way down the slope. A dry riverbed lay at the bottom, cracked, dry mud the only evidence there had been any water there at all. The sides of the ravine rose as Kayzu ran, but he could see the hyenas, three of them, running ahead.
"I think we can trap them!" He called to Grace. The hyenas were hemmed in on two sides now and Kayzu knew this ravine, there was a solid rock wall ahead.
Kitteh Kitteh

Grace thundered after him. Her claws' clicks became loud booms as the noise echoed up towards the sky.
The stone turned to dirt and her paws sank into the soft dust.
"Got it!."
She skidded to a halt just as the lead hyena slammed into the rock wall.
A moment passed where Grace just looked up to the sky, watching a few rocks tumble down to them.
A cloud covered the sun and a bird crowed high overhead.

Last edited:
There was nowhere for them to go, Kayzu slowed. They turned and bared glistening white teeth. Kayzu returned in kind.
"You picked the wrong pride." He growled at them.
One of the hyenas glared, then lifted its head and gave one long whoop.
It was returned...but is was behind them!
Kayzu whirled to find several dark shapes at the mouth of the ravine. They were joined by more.
Pebbles skittering down the cliff wall told him there were more hyenas above them.
"Ah...buffalo dung." Kayzu said. "I can't think what's worse...that they were smart enough to set a trap...or that we were dumb enough to fall into it..."
He sidled closer to Grace, protecting her flank as it was the hyenas' turn to advance slowly.
"Any ideas?" He asked, even as his eyes darted around the situation, trying to design some sort of plan that would get them out of this.
The cliffs were too high to scale, and there was no telling how many hyenas were up there. He knew the rocks at the back of the ravine were loose, he'd always told the cubs never to play here. He could probably bulldoze through the ranks at the front, giving Grace room to run, but that would leave his sides wide open for attack. He might not make it out.
Kitteh Kitteh

There was nowhere for them to go, Kayzu slowed. They turned and bared glistening white teeth. Kayzu returned in kind.
"You picked the wrong pride." He growled at them.
One of the hyenas glared, then lifted its head and gave one long whoop.
It was returned...but is was behind them!
Kayzu whirled to find several dark shapes at the mouth of the ravine. They were joined by more.
Pebbles skittering down the cliff wall told him there were more hyenas above them.
"Ah...buffalo dung." Kayzu said. "I can't think what's worse...that they were smart enough to set a trap...or that we were dumb enough to fall into it..."
He sidled closer to Grace, protecting her flank as it was the hyenas' turn to advance slowly.
"Any ideas?" He asked, even as his eyes darted around the situation, trying to design some sort of plan that would get them out of this.
The cliffs were too high to scale, and there was no telling how many hyenas were up there. He knew the rocks at the back of the ravine were loose, he'd always told the cubs never to play here. He could probably bulldoze through the ranks at the front, giving Grace room to run, but that would leave his sides wide open for attack. He might not make it out.
Kitteh Kitteh

Grace pressed into Kayzu, eyes darting around frantically for a solution.
A small and stout tree poked out of a tiny overhang just above them.
"Do you see those roots?" She mumbled under her breath, gesturing subly with her tail.
If they made it up onto the overhang they could either wait the hyenas out or try to fend them off.
"If we can make it up them, we'll be safe."
Grace's voice held as much confidence as she could muster, but there was no mistaking the tremble of worry that slipped in.
She edged towards it. "We'll stick together, right?"

Kayzu followed her gaze subtly. That would work.
"Right, they'll have to come at us one at a time. We can fight them then, if they can even make it up that far."
He nodded, giving her a confident half smile.
"Ready? Three, two, one, NOW!"
Kayzu leapt and the hyenas started to charge. His claws caught the thick wood of the roots and he scrambled up, making sure there was enough room for Grace. One of the hyenas leapt for him, but he kicked it in the face and it fell back to crash into some of the others.
Kitteh Kitteh

Kayzu followed her gaze subtly. That would work.
"Right, they'll have to come at us one at a time. We can fight them then, if they can even make it up that far."
He nodded, giving her a confident half smile.
"Ready? Three, two, one, NOW!"
Kayzu leapt and the hyenas started to charge. His claws caught the thick wood of the roots and he scrambled up, making sure there was enough room for Grace. One of the hyenas leapt for him, but he kicked it in the face and it fell back to crash into some of the others.
Kitteh Kitteh

Grace flung herself upwards.
Her landing wasn't sound, however, and she slipped back towards the crush of beasts.
She dug her claws into the soft wood and caught herself by the clawtips.
Panting, the lioness pulled herself up next to Kay, where she flashed him a tired smile.
The reality of the situation hit her like a charging rhino.
Oh no.
A particularly bold hyena leapt towards them before falling back down, and Grace flinched before pressing into Kay's side again.
"What now?"

Kayzu's heart nearly stopped when Grace slid back. But as she scrambled up to press against him he let out a breath. What now, she asked?
"Uh...cover your ears."
Just after he gave the warning Kayzu drew in a breathe and roared. The hyenas balked, but none of them ran. They knew they had the lions trapped.
He looked around again and thought. This was the only place on the ravine wall that was held together by tree roots. The rest of the wall was loose dirt and rock. Perhaps they could use that.
Kayzu found a large rock embedded in the dirt just within his reach. He drew back a paw and swiped at it. Dirt showered the hyenas below. Kayzu tried again, nearly losing his balance, but this time the rock slid free, taking a shower of smaller rocks and dirt with it. The entire wall shuddered.
Kitteh Kitteh

Kayzu's heart nearly stopped when Grace slid back. But as she scrambled up to press against him he let out a breath. What now, she asked?
"Uh...cover your ears."
Just after he gave the warning Kayzu drew in a breathe and roared. The hyenas balked, but none of them ran. They knew they had the lions trapped.
He looked around again and thought. This was the only place on the ravine wall that was held together by tree roots. The rest of the wall was loose dirt and rock. Perhaps they could use that.
Kayzu found a large rock embedded in the dirt just within his reach. He drew back a paw and swiped at it. Dirt showered the hyenas below. Kayzu tried again, nearly losing his balance, but this time the rock slid free, taking a shower of smaller rocks and dirt with it. The entire wall shuddered.
Kitteh Kitteh

"Kayzu!" Grace yelped, pressing herself to the floor.
"I don't think that's a very good idea."
Her claws dug into the soft ground and she held on tight.
"Are you trying to cause a cave-in?" Her whip-thin tail lashed side to side as she turned her blue gaze on Kay.
Grace's ears were flat to her head, almost invisible except for the dark streak on their edge.
She peered towards the rock on the floor.

The hyenas scattered when the rock came down, Kay hit the same spot again and caused a shower of dirt. More loose earth fell from the roots, but the roots held firm. The dust rose in the ravine, all the hyenas were in the ravine now, and Kay had another crazy idea.

((ack, not done, accidentally hit enter))

The hyenas scattered when the rock came down, Kay hit the same spot again and caused a shower of dirt. More loose earth fell from the roots, but the roots held firm. The dust rose in the ravine, all the hyenas were in the ravine now, and Kay had another crazy idea.
"Hold onto me!" he called. "I'm going to do it one more time. In the dust it creates, we make a break for it."
He didn't wait for Grace's reply. He pulled his paw back and struck out one more time.
There was a great rumble as part of the ravine wall collapsed, taking a chunk of the ground above them with it, and several shocked hyenas to boot.
Kayzu put his head over Grace's back to shield her from the rocks and dirt, but the roots held true. There was chaos below them as animals were buried in the dirt, others pounded with rocks.
"Let's go!"
Kayzu leapt first, landing on a dazed hyena with his claws out. He shouldered past two more, pausing to wait for the lioness, and ready to attack anything that came for her.

Kitteh Kitteh

((Now it's done. My cat scared me, he was checking to see if gravity still worked by knocking a tape measure off a shelf.))

"Hold onto me!" he called. "I'm going to do it one more time. In the dust it creates, we make a break for it."
He didn't wait for Grace's reply. He pulled his paw back and struck out one more time.
There was a great rumble as part of the ravine wall collapsed, taking a chunk of the ground above them with it, and several shocked hyenas to boot.
Kayzu put his head over Grace's back to shield her from the rocks and dirt, but the roots held true. There was chaos below them as animals were buried in the dirt, others pounded with rocks.
"Let's go!"
Kayzu leapt first, landing on a dazed hyena with his claws out. He shouldered past two more, pausing to wait for the lioness, and ready to attack anything that came for her.

Kitteh Kitteh

((Now it's done. My cat scared me, he was checking to see if gravity still worked by knocking a tape measure off a shelf.))

Grace stumbled after him, pelting for the exit.
"Yeah, Kay! You did it."
Once she was at the top of the slope, with Kayzu safely there as well, she grinned.
"Good job." She bumped her head into his mane affectionately.
Sneakily, she added: "For a vulture-brain, anyways." She walked a few steps towards camp before turning and grinning at him again.
Adopting a more serious tone, she dropped the smile. "We should go check on the pride."
Grace walked forward again.

((Yeah- we have a couple kitties ourselves and the younger one likes to pull his brother's collar over his face- which ends up in a guilty kitten and his ticked-off brother.))

Kayzu only slowed when they were well away from the ravine.
"Oh Ow. You're the comedian now are you?" He said in an exaggerated tone, and then again in earnest: "Owowow...shoulder."
One of the rocks had obviously left a bad bruise, that sang with pain when Grace bumped him. He shot her a smile though, pretending it wasn't that bad.
Pawsteps sounded in front of them and several lionesses from their pride ran up. They had heard Kayzu's roar. That was what it had been for, to call backup.
"Let's get back to the rest." He nodded to Grace.
As they walked the absurdity of what had just happened began to sink in. They had nearly been torn to pieces by hyenas, and escaped in a literal landslide.
Kyazu began to laugh. He laughed harder and couldn't stop.
Kitteh Kitteh

Kayzu only slowed when they were well away from the ravine.
"Oh Ow. You're the comedian now are you?" He said in an exaggerated tone, and then again in earnest: "Owowow...shoulder."
One of the rocks had obviously left a bad bruise, that sang with pain when Grace bumped him. He shot her a smile though, pretending it wasn't that bad.
Pawsteps sounded in front of them and several lionesses from their pride ran up. They had heard Kayzu's roar. That was what it had been for, to call backup.
"Let's get back to the rest." He nodded to Grace.
As they walked the absurdity of what had just happened began to sink in. They had nearly been torn to pieces by hyenas, and escaped in a literal landslide.
Kyazu began to laugh. He laughed harder and couldn't stop.
Kitteh Kitteh

Grace gave him a weird look.
"Are you feeling alright? We'll get Hana to take a look at that shoulder when she returns."
They reached a little dip beneath a shady tree that lay on the outskirts of camp, and Grace encouraged him to lay down gently.
She coaxed him again as she laid on her side, her voice oozing with honey.
It was funny, but Kay's laugh was just a touch maniac.
She settled down and yawned. The sun was just setting and it had been a long day.

He finally got his laughter under control when they lay down. "I'm sorry." He apologized, still grinning.
"Just, if there was ever someone I'd be stuck in a near death experience with, I'm glad it's you."
His tone was gentle and affectionate, and he shifted to lie against her. The dust in her coat ticked his nose, and he began to groom her neck and shoulders.
"I m a vulture-brain...I got your beautiful coat all dirty." There was no sarcasm at all, he was genuinely fussing over her, tenderly and with care.
Kitteh Kitteh

Grace gave him a weird look.
"Are you feeling alright? We'll get Hana to take a look at that shoulder when she returns."
They reached a little dip beneath a shady tree that lay on the outskirts of camp, and Grace encouraged him to lay down gently.
She coaxed him again as she laid on her side, her voice oozing with honey.
It was funny, but Kay's laugh was just a touch maniac.
She settled down and yawned. The sun was just setting and it had been a long day.

Scarlett flicked their tail feeling anxious**

He finally got his laughter under control when they lay down. "I'm sorry." He apologized, still grinning.
"Just, if there was ever someone I'd be stuck in a near death experience with, I'm glad it's you."
His tone was gentle and affectionate, and he shifted to lie against her. The dust in her coat ticked his nose, and he began to groom her neck and shoulders.
"I m a vulture-brain...I got your beautiful coat all dirty." There was no sarcasm at all, he was genuinely fussing over her, tenderly and with care.
Kitteh Kitteh

"Aw, thanks. Much as I liked hanging out with you, let's not do that again, kay?"
Grace blinked slowly as he began grooming her.
Gently, she began tugging at knots in his mane, trying to get the snarls out. "Do you ever groom this?"
She laughed gently before pausing to hear his comment.
Her breath was taken away, and she felt a strange little pitter-pat in her heart.
"No, Kay, it's really alright. You saved my hide back there."

"You got it." Kay smiled. "No more almost dying."
He laughed softly as she tried to untangle his mane.
"I groom what I can reach, it's not my fault it's so full and luxurious."
He grew a little more serious as his eyes began to close slowly and sleep dragged at him.
"No, I should have thought before rushing in...I put you in danger. It was my fault."
He pressed his muzzle into her neck softly. "I don't want anything bad to happen to you..."
Kitteh Kitteh

((I gtg, see ya next time!))

"You got it." Kay smiled. "No more almost dying."
He laughed softly as she tried to untangle his mane.
"I groom what I can reach, it's not my fault it's so full and luxurious."
He grew a little more serious as his eyes began to close slowly and sleep dragged at him.
"No, I should have thought before rushing in...I put you in danger. It was my fault."
He pressed his muzzle into her neck softly. "I don't want anything bad to happen to you..."
Kitteh Kitteh

((I gtg, see ya next time!))

"Kayzu."
Grace licked the top of his head gently.
"It's my job to defend the pride and its weaker members. I understand that, and I would die for it. It's what I stand for."
This was all true. It'd be hard for her, sure, but anyone from the youngest cub to the oldest hunter was under her solemn protection.
She snuggled into him, slipping towards sleepy darkness as she closed her eyes and stilled her mind.
Grace slipped into sleep.

((Bye! Have a great day.))

((I had a stupid amount to do today, sorry I only have time for 1 post))

Kayzu had no idea how long he slept, but coming back to the world with Grace's warmth beside him was a feeling he would never forget.
He shifted slowly, trying not to wake her.
The pride was mostly sleeping too, though he could scent the defenders going about their rounds. He wondered if that prideless lion had stayed close.
Very slowly he began to get up.
Kitteh Kitteh Vixenshine Vixenshine

((I had a stupid amount to do today, sorry I only have time for 1 post))

Kayzu had no idea how long he slept, but coming back to the world with Grace's warmth beside him was a feeling he would never forget.
He shifted slowly, trying not to wake her.
The pride was mostly sleeping too, though he could scent the defenders going about their rounds. He wondered if that prideless lion had stayed close.
Very slowly he began to get up.
Kitteh Kitteh Vixenshine Vixenshine

"Mmph-" Grace protested sleepily, reaching out for the warmth that had suddenly vanished.
Her eyes snapped open as a jolt of pain shot through her injured hind paw.
She blinked and looked up to Kay's blurry face, mumbling sleepily. "Hm?"
The lioness drew a paw over her face and stood, stretching each leg leisurely. "Morning, Kay.''
Her painful hind paw had subsided to a dull ache, and she yawned.
She snorted and shook out her fur.

((No worries!))

"How's your paw?" Kayzu asked her gently.
He was sure nearly getting flattened in the ravine hadn't helped the injury.
Kitteh Kitteh
Then he noticed the strange lion leaving.
"Just like that huh? No goodbye? You know you can stay if you want to. At least tell me your story before you leave. Where did you come from? Why did you leave?"
Vixenshine Vixenshine

"How's your paw?" Kayzu asked her gently.
He was sure nearly getting flattened in the ravine hadn't helped the injury.
Kitteh Kitteh
Then he noticed the strange lion leaving.
"Just like that huh? No goodbye? You know you can stay if you want to. At least tell me your story before you leave. Where did you come from? Why did you leave?"
Vixenshine Vixenshine
"i didn't realize you guys were awake.." Scareltt sat down. "My story is a bit of a long one.."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back