• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Posthuman ~ OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Senor_Fluffy Senor_Fluffy : Post when you want :D

So our internet situation STILL hasn't been sorted. I have a temporary compromise in place now though so shouldn't be quite so spotty with how often I'm on. I'll be catching up on the posts and replying within the next few hours and sorting out the stuff I still need to get round to from last week :D

On another note, how is everybody else's lives going? What's crackalacking elsewhere in the globe?

Great posts everyone! For those of you down on the ground layer, you basically have freedom playing out what happens - I'm only gonna step in with Genevieve and Ira on occasion. Otherwise go wild - play out the combat with the mysterious figures, come up with what plasmatics they have, potentially even give them different personalities if you want. :D

My post is up. Extra note, I forgot to specify why the summit was happening in the last post, but that detail is in the OG first post so if you wanna flick back what happened there is still technically canon. I've updated the notable characters section temporarily with the antagonism thing - it'll be getting a full overhaul probably on Wednesday with the secondary character stuff.

@Lekial : I love Aura's perspective on Leo. She brings out his failures a lot more than he's aware of in his own narrative. Leo's too naive to consider the possibility of there being a traitor - Aura immediately has other ideas! This is gonna be a fun dynamic :D

Plutoni Plutoni : I've just thrown Setka into the mix for ya. Hope your results went well! I'll be giving you a special PM like the other guys have gotten after this chapter, for reasons which will become apparent at the end of the chapter.

@Lekial : I love Aura's perspective on Leo. She brings out his failures a lot more than he's aware of in his own narrative. Leo's too naive to consider the possibility of there being a traitor - Aura immediately has other ideas! This is gonna be a fun dynamic :D

I'm sure they'll have a blast getting along ^3^

Assuming one dies in Apocalypz in the way of their destined death. They just poop up on the upper level again as before? What happens to their body wherever they died?

*is sad she didn't get a note from the SkyGinge*

Assuming one dies in Apocalypz in the way of their destined death. They just poop up on the upper level again as before? What happens to their body wherever they died?
That'd be a depressing way to go. How does one simply "poop" somewhere?

That'd be a depressing way to go. How does one simply "poop" somewhere?

I meant it as an expression of just "appearing" again in the upper levels like how our characters initially appeared xD Was just curious about the physical body and what happens to it.

Yeah great question. They would 'poop up' on the upper layer - I'm gonna say their newly formatted bodies are programmed to disolve completely so that there'd be no trace of them back in history which might mess with time :)

Yeah great question. They would 'poop up' on the upper layer - I'm gonna say their newly formatted bodies are programmed to disolve completely so that there'd be no trace of them back in history which might mess with time :)

:o... cool! But now you've introduced another question into my mind xD I was under the impression that Watchers' physical bodies are mostly natural (or unnatural for that matter. We die, then we wake, and we're back in our bodies on the upper levels. But in order to exist outside of it, all internals will have to be replaced with codewater and a prosthetic for the part which is amputated to allow codewater in. The rest of everything else is still our 'original' body? So this cycle repeats if we die again.

Or are we given a manufactured body upon first arriving at the upper levels. This way, the only thing that transcends 'death' and space time is our consciousness and perhaps a semi-corporeal body.

Oh and... Watchers dont bleed blood? So we're like skinbags holding codewater xD? Or skinbags holding pseudo-codewaterorgans.

I meant it as an expression of just "appearing" again in the upper levels like how our characters initially appeared xD Was just curious about the physical body and what happens to it.
Hehe, I know. Couldn’t resist poking at the funny misspelling. :P

Sorry, my muse has really been struggling along here. I do plan to post, but now have some catch-up reading to do (which I hope will help to inspire my muse). Please be patient. Once over this initial hurdle, things should get going for me.

:o... cool! But now you've introduced another question into my mind xD I was under the impression that Watchers' physical bodies are mostly natural (or unnatural for that matter. We die, then we wake, and we're back in our bodies on the upper levels. But in order to exist outside of it, all internals will have to be replaced with codewater and a prosthetic for the part which is amputated to allow codewater in. The rest of everything else is still our 'original' body? So this cycle repeats if we die again.

Or are we given a manufactured body upon first arriving at the upper levels. This way, the only thing that transcends 'death' and space time is our consciousness and perhaps a semi-corporeal body.

Oh and... Watchers dont bleed blood? So we're like skinbags holding codewater xD? Or skinbags holding pseudo-codewaterorgans.

You're correct in the first case - however because effectively everything inside is now made of codewater, it is pretty much an artificial body at that stage - skinbags holding codewater. Codewater due to its properties doesn't fade away when the Watcher arrives on the Upper Layer, unlike their original bodies which decay rapidly. (Interestingly enough, this means in the Sixes' theology, there is bodily ressurection in the next life beyond the Beyond as it appears some semblance of the body is attached to the soul!)

One thing - I love the freedom in fighting baddies outside the Tower and all, but I have no idea what direction to go in with Leandra after my initial post. I can have her fight off these two even further, but besides just going down the line and taking on everyone by herself, I really have no idea what to do with her atm. XD

One thing - I love the freedom in fighting baddies outside the Tower and all, but I have no idea what direction to go in with Leandra after my initial post. I can have her fight off these two even further, but besides just going down the line and taking on everyone by herself, I really have no idea what to do with her atm. XD

I think your post set things up well for someone else to step in and help, but failing that the best bet is just to continue the fight as before. I'm enjoying the action so far :D

I'll get in a reply in a day or two! Apologies..! Been feeling a little under the weather over the weekend :S

First week of college and cadet life was absolutely insane. I was forced to move the week before classes started, too, so I’m still trying to finish moving in and prganizing everything. Then to top it all off, my first weekend was spent at National Guard drill and I’m still at it atm. I have a psychology quiz due tonight already and another quiz due Tuesday night. I really look forward to having actual study time sometime soon...

Hey there everyone. Sorry for the absence here. I've really been trying to get a post up, but my muse just can't get it going. I knew that this genre would be a challenge, and I welcomed it, but rather than hold things up for posts that would be unsatisfactory (and honestly a chore -- writing should be fun and not work) I think it will be best for me to bow out of this one.

Apologies all around. I sincerely hope it goes well and would welcome the opportunity to write with all of you somewhere down the line.

urg man. I've been wanting to sit & finish writing a damn post for ages now after getting back from Glasgow but I just haven't found much opportunity, and now term is starting tomorrow ((((: between A-levels, my time management skillz and a new school (i'm sweating lmao) I reaallyy doubt I'm going to have any more time to commit, especially in the first couple of weeks, and I don't wanna keep people waiting ahaha
I still love love love this whole setup and I've been dying to properly write something for Setka with the rest of the crew but urghhg I've run out of time? ((for now?)) so I think I'm going to have to drop :,v only a soft drop tho.. If I find some time later in term and it's still kicking then you bet I'm still down...
anyways, you guys have been lovely & I hope to see you all round here in the future sometime <3

Sorry to see you go, but definitely focus on RL stuff first. RPs aren’t fun if they become a chore to write for.

Is everyone else still here? Idk if my notifications are acting up and maybe I missed a new post IC?

Nobody's posted since mine last Monday, so no missed posts I'm afraid. I am definitely up for continuing but obviously I can't just keep posting after myself :)

Nobody's posted since mine last Monday, so no missed posts I'm afraid. I am definitely up for continuing but obviously I can't just keep posting after myself :)
Yeah, it’s no fun to jump ahead in the plot and leave behind any fun scenes. >.< I love this RP and am hopeful that this being my third week of classes means maybe people are just getting down their school rhythms atm.

At any rate I think it might be my last group RP. I dunno if I have the steam to cope with handling these things in the future, and the climate of RPing has changed dramatically since back in the day, with most successful RPs requiring far more OOC activity than I'm prepared to put in, and most of the old faithful being either swamped in life or having left the site. Still hoping this had got some life in it yet though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back