• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Posthuman ~ OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Really? I thought I'd read in several places in the Lore that characters did still age, even with a recreated body. SkyGinge SkyGinge can you get me on the level when it's convenient? :)

Really? I thought I'd read in several places in the Lore that characters did still age, even with a recreated body. SkyGinge SkyGinge can you get me on the level when it's convenient? :)
I may have just misread the lore myself. I read it once when the RP was first beginning and haven't really gone over it again since. *shrug*

By and by, if the boss approves Celly, I'd be perfectly happy to have her be the outside help for programming Lea's cat. While Celly's not exactly a mechanical engineer, she's a highly educated member of the 275th century's aristocracy so one can imagine computer code and automation aren't difficult for her. For Celly's part, she's only too happy to do favors to make allies. And maybe take advantage of Lea's much greater experience in combat (Celly's a prodigious martial artist but had literally never been in a fight or expected to be in one until she turned up as a Watcher). Open offer. :)

By and by, if the boss approves Celly, I'd be perfectly happy to have her be the outside help for programming Lea's cat. While Celly's not exactly a mechanical engineer, she's a highly educated member of the 275th century's aristocracy so one can imagine computer code and automation aren't difficult for her. For Celly's part, she's only too happy to do favors to make allies. And maybe take advantage of Lea's much greater experience in combat (Celly's a prodigious martial artist but had literally never been in a fight or expected to be in one until she turned up as a Watcher). Open offer. :)
I’m all for that! Lea is a tough nut and is prone to act like she doesn’t need anybody, but is totally a sucker for people who continue to try and befriend or help her anyways. :D

May want to keep looking for other RPs to join for the time being then. Sky needs time IRL to manage, well, life.

Although, according to Sky’s last OOC announcement, this should be restarting in 3 days! :D

Although, according to Sky’s last OOC announcement, this should be restarting in 3 days! :D
Yeah, that's kinda what I remember, too. I am looking for other RP, but I am extremely choosy. I really hate spending time and creativity in creating CS and then the RP flames out in two pages. (sigh)

Yeah, that's kinda what I remember, too. I am looking for other RP, but I am extremely choosy. I really hate spending time and creativity in creating CS and then the RP flames out in two pages. (sigh)
I totally get that. I usually only end up in 1-3 RPs at a time and try to only join ones with RPers I know. >.<

The Reboot
The time has come. My busy period is over. I am one tired boyo but the period of waiting is over. It's time to try this gig again!

Thanks for your patience everyone! As promised, Posthuman will be restarting in two days time, on Monday 6th August. Here's what's going to happen:

What I'll be doing:
After revisiting some old and inspiring RPs, I will shortly be revisiting my notes on both plot and lore and making tweaks to the future of this RP. The main aim is to make the structure less of a linear 'SkyGinge unravels the plot and characters react' into a narrative where all players have the ability to majorly influence the future of the story. Exactly how this will play out will be revealed a little later on when I have more of an idea about the tweaks and how many people will be part of the RP.

This time around, the RP will start straight in the action, as a sort of a soft-reboot of the previous short-lived attempt. I will be posting on Monday evening as stated and will be a lot more active this time around.

By the end of the day, I hope the three new applications will have been seen to. I'm currently working off of my phone whilst I wait for a train though and battery levels are creeping lower, so we'll see...

What I need from you:
The most important thing I need is word on whether you still want in on this. So if you want to give this RP another try still please comment down below so I have an idea of the numbers we'll have. If you don't reply, I will presume you're not with us this time around and act accordingly. Because I'm treating this as a soft reboot, you may tweak aspects of your character form if you feel it'll help you engage deeper with the story (though obviously let me know). Similarly, there may be a few rule changes after I know who is in.

Secondly, I'll be PMing people before the first post is made with a little supplementary scene for your character. You can choose to keep the events of the PM private or make them public - all should be clear as the PMs are received...

Finally, get creative! Get thinking about ideas for this world, for characters and subplots within it and message me!

Let's do it guys! Let's have fun creating a great story together!

Other Stuff
Lioness075 Lioness075 and Epiphany Epiphany : Great questions -
  1. Watchers still age; the Codewater can't nullify that affect. Technological advances do mean that people live longer though.
  2. Our squad will have their own Ark for travelling around Apocalypz - however since I was playing it as this is our first job together (and that's actually plot important now that I think about it), our characters will have just been assembled ready for this task. Previous squads would have had personal rooms (though fairly compact ones) and training barracks.
  3. Watchers cannot procreate naturally (and nor can anyone now given the distorted state of the world) - however, there is a different way of creating a child which involves taking DNA from both parents and growing the baby externally. Watchers are forbidden by code from marrying but encouraged by some commanding officers to still indulge their passions when needed. Basically it's all a lot colder and more cynical now.
Sorry for not specifying elsewhere on these things!

Also, I've decided I don't like fancy coding. So I'm actually going to make it a rule that posts should be kept fairly simplistically coded. I'll update all relevant sections with the new info when I'm on a device which can cope with tab hopping a bit better.

Onto revising my notes!

The Reboot
The time has come. My busy period is over. I am one tired boyo but the period of waiting is over. It's time to try this gig again!

Thanks for your patience everyone! As promised, Posthuman will be restarting in two days time, on Monday 6th August. Here's what's going to happen:

What I'll be doing:
After revisiting some old and inspiring RPs, I will shortly be revisiting my notes on both plot and lore and making tweaks to the future of this RP. The main aim is to make the structure less of a linear 'SkyGinge unravels the plot and characters react' into a narrative where all players have the ability to majorly influence the future of the story. Exactly how this will play out will be revealed a little later on when I have more of an idea about the tweaks and how many people will be part of the RP.

This time around, the RP will start straight in the action, as a sort of a soft-reboot of the previous short-lived attempt. I will be posting on Monday evening as stated and will be a lot more active this time around.

By the end of the day, I hope the three new applications will have been seen to. I'm currently working off of my phone whilst I wait for a train though and battery levels are creeping lower, so we'll see...

What I need from you:
The most important thing I need is word on whether you still want in on this. So if you want to give this RP another try still please comment down below so I have an idea of the numbers we'll have. If you don't reply, I will presume you're not with us this time around and act accordingly. Because I'm treating this as a soft reboot, you may tweak aspects of your character form if you feel it'll help you engage deeper with the story (though obviously let me know). Similarly, there may be a few rule changes after I know who is in.

Secondly, I'll be PMing people before the first post is made with a little supplementary scene for your character. You can choose to keep the events of the PM private or make them public - all should be clear as the PMs are received...

Finally, get creative! Get thinking about ideas for this world, for characters and subplots within it and message me!

Let's do it guys! Let's have fun creating a great story together!

^3^ reply

Once Celly gets approved, I will edit Leandra’s CS to show she’s an acquaintance with Celly and that Celly is the primary reason for Leandra’s functional cat companion. ^^
Epiphany Epiphany

So, apparently I'm supposed to post some kind of introductory thing, so I'm just going to go by what SkyGinge SkyGinge did. Or something.

Brief Introduction: I'm a pretty personal person on the internet, so I really don't like to divulge much about myself. Tin foil hat, and all that. So, to keep things generic, I am in the US, over-the-hill in age and a black belt. I have a family and my career is in IT.

Brief RP Experience: I have been an avid D&D player since the early 80s ... so yeah, I'm probably the oldest of the lot of you. I have both run as GM and played in a variety of D&D/AD&D/2nd/4th/5th editions both home-brew and at conventions. I am a very casual writer, knowing that my limitations will never get me published. I started RP here at RpN to not only improve on my failings but to also broaden my experience as a writer by comparing with other authors in a collaborative venue. Unfortunately, most of the RPs I've been with have died on the vine. My longest group RP was with Sky, so I am hopeful that this one will likewise be fulfilling. No pressure.

If you could invent a new piece of technology, what would you make?: I'm not much for inventing things, especially technology as any reasonably good tech would be abused in some way or another outside of its original intentions. Being older, there isn't much I would want or need that isn't already covered by existing technology. Having said all of that, I think a teleporter would be great even if the concept has already been done to death in sci-fi.

Country and Timezone: US East Coast, GMT -4/-5 depending on the time of year

Ok, so I hope that's sufficient.

And my turn.

Brief Introduction: I share Kharmin's reserve, mostly out of long standing respect for my spouse's wish to keep offline and online lives separate. That said, I'm also in the United States. I'm old enough to have a 2 year old son along with the marriage. I've written over two million words of Exalted fanfiction once upon a time (woo?). And my career is in process/workflow modeling for a major insurance carrier.

Brief RP Experience: Another D&D player. Kharmin has me beat but I can still say AD&D 1e was my first gaming system so we're of similar pedigree. When TSR was bought out by Wizards of the Coast, I never made the jump to 3e and instead went to the World of Darkness, playing Mage and Vampire for a few years until Exalted landed in my lap...and that was practically the only game I played from 2001 to about 2016. I like it that much. Joined RpNation because, you guessed it, someone advertised an Exalted play-by-post here. SkyGinge SkyGinge ran a Lords of the Magistone RP years ago that was the very first non-dice-based RP I ever played in. Clearly they did something right, given I'm still here after all this time. :)

If you could invent a new piece of technology, what would you make?: An immortality device. Something that ducks death as an issue entirely, either via some kind of artificial indefinite life extension or the ability to upload someone's brains/sense of self to the cloud. Preservation of the continuance of self. Everything else one could invent is only a matter of time at that point.

Country and Timezone: US West Coast, GMT -7/-8 depending on the time of year

Epiphany Epiphany Made minor changes to Leandra’s CS to include Celly’s help. ^^ I wrote it fairly vaguely since we haven’t gone into detail about what the exchange actually looked like.

Let's rock and roll ya creative bumpkins. I've got all of your unwashed hairbrushes and I'm not afraid to use them :closed eyes open smile:

Apologies all, but I appear to have come down with some kind of illness. I'll be resting up and posting for sure tomorrow though when I've recharged from all this busyness!

Apologies all, but I appear to have come down with some kind of illness. I'll be resting up and posting for sure tomorrow though when I've recharged from all this busyness!
Health IRL should always come first. I hope you feel better soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back