• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Posthuman ~ OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
SkyGinge SkyGinge Hey! Just wanted to check up on you and see if you’re feeling any better. I know you’ve struggled with getting sick in the past, so I hope you’re able to overcome this swiftly. :)

Hey guys, sorry for the radio silence. So as you might have realised unfortunately it was the start of an illness not the end as I thought and so I rested Tuesday-Thursday. I was going to make the post and whatnot on Friday but then had a migraine which is quite rare for me and that put me out of action. I'm doing better now but not 100%. So I'm planning on trying again on Monday. Sorry, I need to get better with communication.

Hey guys, sorry for the radio silence. So as you might have realised unfortunately it was the start of an illness not the end as I thought and so I rested Tuesday-Thursday. I was going to make the post and whatnot on Friday but then had a migraine which is quite rare for me and that put me out of action. I'm doing better now but not 100%. So I'm planning on trying again on Monday. Sorry, I need to get better with communication.
I absolutely, positively understand the agony and misfortune of having to suffer through a true migraine. It puts me out of commission the day of and then I get to enjoy a migraine hangover the day after. They suck. A lot.

Alright, status update time! Some of you have already noticed a few little changes happening here and there. I've been hard at work for the last few hours and have almost finished the special PM's I'm sending out. Unfortunately though I need to stop now as an internet issue at home means I can only access this stuff on laptop on campus, and I need to catch the last bus. So I'll be finishing off and have everything ready to post for tomorrow morning - which luckily for you Americans means I'll have posted everything ready for you to reply to in the morning (for the Malaysian one... sorry lol). Sorry for the constant hiccups, but we're very nearly there! :D

I’ll be spending most of tomorrow packing up my stuff at my townhouse. I’m finally moving to my new apartment on Wednesday, so tomorrow is my prep day. I’ll be finalizing paperwork as well in the afternoon. ^^ Sadly, this means I won’t be able to write a post until likely Friday. I also have to pick up my guinea pigs on Thursday from a friend and then start unpacking and organizing my new place.

Last edited:
It's about damn time. Seriously, SkyGinge SkyGinge you know how badly I need to write! You're killing me with these delays.

Just kidding!!!! Good to see things starting to pick up. I appreciate the work you're doing here under less than agreeable circumstances. Thanks for continuing to advance things. I look forward to tomorrow. :)

It begins

No more hiccups - we're finally going! Hope you're all still excited and ready to engage in the narrative! As you'll have seen, the introduction post is now up. Myself, and should be chasing after the runaway assassin for now - and have your faceoff against the mysterious people in the crowd. On top of this, I have a few announcements to make.

Firstly, an update on how the plot is going to work. This first arc is going to remain largely linear as we try to catch this assassin and prevent further violence - after this however, the story will open up and whilst I have directions we can go, I want you guys to be taking just as much initiative in deciding what we do. The PMs you will have all received are designed to give a few leads - as mentioned before, it's up to you what you do with the information revealed there, whether you make it public or private. Similarly, you may also have things you want to explore in this world - fantastic! There are a number of directions the plot can take and my hope is that it becomes a bit more cause and effect as we more naturally uncover some of the bigger twists.

With this in mind, you are all now allowed to create secondary characters. Secondary characters are characters that will reoccur throughout the plot (such as Gallius), but who don't usually have narrative written from their perspective - they are bigger roles than just standard NPCs, whom we're free to create and control as we need. The secondary character will belong to and be controlled by the person who created them, although in the case of certain secondary characters further in I'll be asking a few people to play them so that I'm not controlling the whole supporting cast. These characters can be friends, allies, enemies, whatever! Just run it by me first for confirmation. I'll be releasing a secondary character form in a few days time and will transfer some of my precreated characters into this format too.

Secondly, I will be creating a small section in the lore page hinting at some of the antagonism our characters will encounter. Just some juicy little hints for you all which might tie up to the PM information.

Finally, I've updated the database with Celly and Marie at long last.

Sorry for all the delays guys - aside from job hunting I'm completely free now, though please bare with me and my poor reliability. It's an unsavoury character trait which I'm trying to work on. Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with!

Lioness075 Lioness075 : Thankfully I don't get them very often, and I also don't get them as badly as other people (namely two of my ex-housemates) but it was still enough to put me out of action for a few days!

Nadja Kramer Nadja Kramer : I'm still waiting on edits from you at the mean time so drop me a line when you're done and you'll soon be able to hop in. Also Plutoni Plutoni I was under the impression you weren't joining us so haven't tagged you in stuff but you liked my post from yesterday? I'd love to have you if you're still interested and some confirmation on the matter would be great!

Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze , Semblance Semblance , Foogels Foogels , @Emil , Sacrosanctis Sacrosanctis : You guys are welcome to join us again if you find the time :) But I hope you guys stay well and have a pleasant time in your absence here.

I'm off to see a friend now but looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with :D

It begins

No more hiccups - we're finally going! Hope you're all still excited and ready to engage in the narrative! As you'll have seen, the introduction post is now up. Myself, and should be chasing after the runaway assassin for now - and have your faceoff against the mysterious people in the crowd. On top of this, I have a few announcements to make.

Firstly, an update on how the plot is going to work. This first arc is going to remain largely linear as we try to catch this assassin and prevent further violence - after this however, the story will open up and whilst I have directions we can go, I want you guys to be taking just as much initiative in deciding what we do. The PMs you will have all received are designed to give a few leads - as mentioned before, it's up to you what you do with the information revealed there, whether you make it public or private. Similarly, you may also have things you want to explore in this world - fantastic! There are a number of directions the plot can take and my hope is that it becomes a bit more cause and effect as we more naturally uncover some of the bigger twists.

With this in mind, you are all now allowed to create secondary characters. Secondary characters are characters that will reoccur throughout the plot (such as Gallius), but who don't usually have narrative written from their perspective - they are bigger roles than just standard NPCs, whom we're free to create and control as we need. The secondary character will belong to and be controlled by the person who created them, although in the case of certain secondary characters further in I'll be asking a few people to play them so that I'm not controlling the whole supporting cast. These characters can be friends, allies, enemies, whatever! Just run it by me first for confirmation. I'll be releasing a secondary character form in a few days time and will transfer some of my precreated characters into this format too.

Secondly, I will be creating a small section in the lore page hinting at some of the antagonism our characters will encounter. Just some juicy little hints for you all which might tie up to the PM information.

Finally, I've updated the database with Celly and Marie at long last.

Sorry for all the delays guys - aside from job hunting I'm completely free now, though please bare with me and my poor reliability. It's an unsavoury character trait which I'm trying to work on. Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with!

Lioness075 Lioness075 : Thankfully I don't get them very often, and I also don't get them as badly as other people (namely two of my ex-housemates) but it was still enough to put me out of action for a few days!

Nadja Kramer Nadja Kramer : I'm still waiting on edits from you at the mean time so drop me a line when you're done and you'll soon be able to hop in. Also Plutoni Plutoni I was under the impression you weren't joining us so haven't tagged you in stuff but you liked my post from yesterday? I'd love to have you if you're still interested and some confirmation on the matter would be great!

Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze , Semblance Semblance , Foogels Foogels , @Emil , Sacrosanctis Sacrosanctis : You guys are welcome to join us again if you find the time :) But I hope you guys stay well and have a pleasant time in your absence here.

I'm off to see a friend now but looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with :D
ah shit I completely forgot to do that, I'm sorry :,v I've been super out of it the past couple days ahaha. so hell yeah I'm innn eeee
minor delay in that I'm going away tomorrow for the rest of the week, but after that I should be ready to rock n roll if I haven't sunk too far into an Abyss of Depression from results day <3

SkyGinge SkyGinge Should we be in uniform for this scene or not?
Yes we should - sorry, neglected to mention it in amidst the rest of the expositing.

Not McGEEEEEEE XD Damn it
He was too Scottish for this world </3

ah shit I completely forgot to do that, I'm sorry :,v I've been super out of it the past couple days ahaha. so hell yeah I'm innn eeee
minor delay in that I'm going away tomorrow for the rest of the week, but after that I should be ready to rock n roll if I haven't sunk too far into an Abyss of Depression from results day <3
Good luck man - I'm sure you'll have done great :D I'll send you a funky little PM as well then tomorrow.

Is he not a watcher? He can come back right? Unless being murdered after playing bagpipes with his nostrils was his original death. In which case he was too pure for this world

I thought the coding done wrecked itself up for the lore stuffs. Then I realized I'm on the dark theme and everything's dark... lol!

I spent a good five minutes trying to google Nells-Panir Waviness Scale. Epiphany Epiphany is that a made up thing xD? If so, that's so cool!

It is absolutely a made up thing. And absolutely the kind of thing the culture that Celly comes from would invent. Which tells you a lot about what's important to them, which was why I wrote it. :)

Edit: I find it especially amusing to imagine that Celly was bred in part to infiltrate, hide and disguise. But because visible pores, unshapely eyebrows and skin blemishes were engineered out of the human race a long time ago, she has a uniquely difficult time actually disguising herself during game play as she basically has to add makeup to achieve the effect everyone else can do just by scrubbing their face.

I finally posted. ^^ Let me know what y'all think of my combat scene. I'm always looking to improve on how I describe fighting since it can be hard to write out what you are visualizing in such a quick scene.

I finally posted. ^^ Let me know what y'all think of my combat scene. I'm always looking to improve on how I describe fighting since it can be hard to write out what you are visualizing in such a quick scene.
It was good, I'm so in character I found myself visibly cringing as soon as leandra started breaking rank. Jaako is facepalming

@SkyGringe Do we have to wait for everyone to post to be able to post before I can post again? Or is it first come first serve?

It is absolutely a made up thing. And absolutely the kind of thing the culture that Celly comes from would invent. Which tells you a lot about what's important to them, which was why I wrote it. :)

Edit: I find it especially amusing to imagine that Celly was bred in part to infiltrate, hide and disguise. But because visible pores, unshapely eyebrows and skin blemishes were engineered out of the human race a long time ago, she has a uniquely difficult time actually disguising herself during game play as she basically has to add makeup to achieve the effect everyone else can do just by scrubbing their face.
Jaako would revel at such beauty if he wasn't already distracted with things. I have quite enjoyed reading your posts when it comes to the culture shock of this. I'm definitely inspired to add such aspects into my own writing for Jaako.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back