• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Pondering an Exalted Alchemical Game

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I am thinking about running an Exalted game using the 2.5 errata set inside the Great Maker. The players would be a Circle of Exalts from the nation of Kamak, based in the capitol city of Ein. In order for this to work, I am looking for 4-6 players that can post on a weekly basis and have a decent working knowledge of the Exalted system. This is a game that I have run for my tabletop group, and I would like to see how a different set of players face the challenges of a dying world.

Anyone interested?

I'm always interested in a game you run Sherwood. I'm not sure I fully grasp the idea behind the Great Maker's Exalts but I'd be happy to create a character to see if he makes sense.

Excellent. @Captain Hesperus is expressing an interest, and if he joins, @ehmygirl may decide to come along too. I'll brush the dust off the material that I have prepped for the game while we see if anyone else is interested.

I have sent a PM to @Esbilon, and he is expressing an interest in this, too.

@Esbilon pointed the game out to me so I'm expressing interest as well. I've enjoyed the setting books but have never actually played an Alchemical, as the two games I had the opportunity to both died within weeks after getting off the ground. Assuming you're not full up and/or willing to take a chance on someone you don't know. :)

@Epiphany, you are welcome to join in the mayhem, alongwith @Mei. Hopefully you will enjoy this game as much as I do.

So, we have a solid yes from @Millershipper and @esbillon, along with Epiphany and Mei. Even if @Captain Hesperus and @ehmygirl decide to pass, I have enough people lined up to move forward.

I'll be setting up the board shortly, and posting some background material that I have worked up. Character creation is going to be standard 2.5 rules.

Ok, here is a stupid question: when making the forum for the game, how do I make the sub forums for characters, background info, OOC, and in character posting? I want to make sure I fix this up right and not make a series of mistakes.

So the tabs I want are already made up. I see. Thank you. Look for 'Inside the Great Maker' to be up and running shortly.

Very 'in'. Looking at either a Moonsilver or Soulsteel Caste...

Captain Hesperus

Good deal. I look forward to seeing your submission.

Aw, what the hell. Go ahead and whip up a character. But you are going to be my last recruit for this game.

Nearly done with the sheet, but I did encounter one question. What is your opinion on custom charms? There are a few by the Demented One I am fond of.

I have only just seen this, but if there's room I'd like to take a stab at it.

EDIT: Ack, too late. Ah, well, if a slot opens up you know where to find me.

Exthalion said:
Nearly done with the sheet, but I did encounter one question. What is your opinion on custom charms? There are a few by the Demented One I am fond of.
Personally, I am terrible at judging a custom Charm. That is why I would like it to be reviewed by the group as a whole to see if it is something you wish to see in possible use by everyone.

Hmm... I saw this ad last night, clicked on it to check out after work today, and find it full.

I humbly petition to be on the list to be contacted if you need a slot filled, or hell, RP someone's Follower or something. I've been in love with Autochthonia since I read the two setting books on it, but I've never got to play a game set there.

Here are the two biggies:

• PATTERN-MODELING ENGINE

Cost:
    - [1m]; Mins: Intelligence 1, Essence 2; Type: Permanent

Keywords: Internal

Duration: Permanent

Prerequisite Charms: Any Intelligence or Perception Augmentation

When this Charm is installed, the Alchemical chooses one of the first two submodules here to install for free. The other requires the usual cost.

• Parent Charm: Pattern-Modeling Engine

Requirements:
      Perception 3

Lenses of adamant are installed over the Alchemical's ocular sockets, patterned with an elegant filigree of soulsteel circuitry. These lenses project a heads-up display directly into the Alchemical's optic nerve, feeding him structural and engineering data as he works at a project. Whenever the Alchemical takes a Craft-based action, he may use his Perception in place of any other Attributes, even if his Dexterity or Intelligence are lower. In addition, he adds (Perception) automatic success on all rolls to reverse engineer an artifact. If he is successful, the bonuses from reverse engineering apply to all crafting rolls he makes to reproduce that artifact.

Exthalion said:
1) I'm not a fan of the nested tabs as a way of posting charms, but whatever floats your boat.

2) Creating persistent Essence-based effects without a commitment seems iffy, but demanding commitment would probably make the charm too weak. Certainly, I would limit the duration of Light Barriers and any Prismatic Panoply to one Scene.

3) Perfect equipment was removed from Exalted with 2.5.

4) I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think the hard light constructs of Hardened Light Construction is thematic for Alchemicals, but that's an ST call.

5) Compared to the canonical Alchemical Charms, Prismatic Panoply is flat out too powerful as written. It is far more versatile and cheaper than Omnitool Implant or Integrated Arsenal System. However, the ability to create mundane tools or weapons is not game breaking, and it's a rather neat trick, so I'd suggest that something was done to balance it. Maybe make it into a full upgrade charm on its own that creates Scenelong Mundane items that can be upgraded to Exceptional with a submodule?

vinom said:
Hmm... I saw this ad last night, clicked on it to check out after work today, and find it full.
I humbly petition to be on the list to be contacted if you need a slot filled, or hell, RP someone's Follower or something. I've been in love with Autochthonia since I read the two setting books on it, but I've never got to play a game set there.
I'll keep you on my list of interested parties.

Esbilon said:
1) I'm not a fan of the nested tabs as a way of posting charms, but whatever floats your boat.
2) Creating persistent Essence-based effects without a commitment seems iffy, but demanding commitment would probably make the charm too weak. Certainly, I would limit the duration of Light Barriers and any Prismatic Panoply to one Scene.

3) Perfect equipment was removed from Exalted with 2.5.

4) I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think the hard light constructs of Hardened Light Construction is thematic for Alchemicals, but that's an ST call.

5) Compared to the canonical Alchemical Charms, Prismatic Panoply is flat out too powerful as written. It is far more versatile and cheaper than Omnitool Implant or Integrated Arsenal System. However, the ability to create mundane tools or weapons is not game breaking, and it's a rather neat trick, so I'd suggest that something was done to balance it. Maybe make it into a full upgrade charm on its own that creates Scenelong Mundane items that can be upgraded to Exceptional with a submodule?
Thanks for putting in your feedback. This is why I get hesitant with custom Charms; I can never seem to be able to balance them fairly.

Lets move this chat to our OOC thread and continue it there.

My schedule just filled up for the next few days so I'm not going to have time even post a character until mid-week next week. If that's too long I'll cede my spot for someone else as there's already a waiting list. :)

That shouldn't be a problem. I was expecting the game to be a slow start with the holidays being here.

I have all my spaces filled at the moment. I can add you to the list of interested parties in case someone drops out, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back