• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon: Sedai (Generation) OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
yee all of this sounds good! am a little distracted atm tho so sorry for not being able to talk/plot much 😭

GojiBean GojiBean when do we think we'll be getting started? No rush I know you've been patient and letting us take our time but I know we seem quite eager. At least I'm very excited aha. I saw someone else was interested but they haven't popped into the ooc yet, so I'm not sure how long we're waiting, to see if they were attempting to join

GojiBean GojiBean when do we think we'll be getting started? No rush I know you've been patient and letting us take our time but I know we seem quite eager. At least I'm very excited aha. I saw someone else was interested but they haven't popped into the ooc yet, so I'm not sure how long we're waiting, to see if they were attempting to join

Mornin.

I was considering starting the RP either Saturday or Sunday, depending on whether or not everyone feels up to it. I might delay it to Monday.

Playing it by ear for now. But I want to give every interested party time to put something together that they're happy with.

Mornin.

I was considering starting the RP either Saturday or Sunday, depending on whether or not everyone feels up to it. I might delay it to Monday.

Playing it by ear for now. But I want to give every interested party time to put something together that they're happy with.
Saturday sounds good to me, waiting to see when others are good. And that one person who was interested. ^^

Something that would make them stay together, perhaps. Carter probably has a reason to talk to the towns professor, introduce themself to them or something. They often have a reason to communicate in the games and shows, so a package, or information. But that's all I have planned for Carter-

Beyond that they were traveling to learn about the local pokemon. (So maybe going to update their pokedex, and GojiBean GojiBean 's character is a trainer so perhaps their pokedex needs updating. Same with kekoa who wants to learn ab pokemon)

So they could certainly bond over their want for knowlege, so while one wants to be a trainer they could form a group so that they travel together for each of their needs?

Aka a good bonding session to start off with so they have reason to stick together??

That would be good, I suppose.

I do belive I'll have to get Annie to officially decide to sign up for the Johto Circuit though if we're going down this path.

fighting my shitposting brain rn smhhhh

but like. what if a sort of rare pokemon was sighted/showed up and everyone could come together over it because what is that pokemon i've never seen it before and that's how they all end up talking about the fact they're here to discover new pokemon etc etc??

What's a johto circuit? And I'm not the gm or the voice of everyone so I wouldn't know if we go down Amy specific path (:

fighting my shitposting brain rn smhhhh

but like. what if a sort of rare pokemon was sighted/showed up and everyone could come together over it because what is that pokemon i've never seen it before and that's how they all end up talking about the fact they're here to discover new pokemon etc etc??
We're already together tho bc of our luggage

Well it's not official yet i supposed... this a good idea too then (:<

I'm going to set up a post on Saturday that outlines the basic idea of what the Cruise was like, as well as describing the luggage debacle that brings our characters into the same space. I won't force any pre-set interactions though.

The post will end right as our characters have gathered, so we'll be able to dynamically post their first interactions as our first posts of the RP.

I think some kind of event that attracts all of them due to mutual interest would be good.

Something that (if what I read on everyone's profiles actually stuck with my siv of a brain) hopefully everyone would all be attracted to would be a mixed event of athletic performance and music accompaniment with an Arceus theme.

And yes, I plan to open the world to any Pokemon of any generation so long as they are known to live in the respective environments and biomes we go through. Johto region Pokemon will be the most common, obviously, since we're in Johto. But there will be chances to encounter Pokemon of other generations as well. For example, we won't see any Magmar wandering the grassy plains/light forests outside Mr. Pokemon's house because Magmar live in dry/volcanic regions. But we will have the chance to see Buneary, Zigzagoon, Grubbin, and other assortments of grassland/light forest habitat Pokemon.

As a result of this lore change, a celebration of Arceus, or any other Legendary/Mythical, would not be a surprise in the Johto region for this RP's purposes.

The Arceus theme would (hopefully) attract both Yume and Annie as both were raised in religious households (even if the latter's religious beliefs were shattered by how hardcore the family was). The athletic performance side would appeal to Kekoa. And the music would appeal to everyone else since I found a favorite song of mine that has instruments our characters all like.

The idea of the event is that it's a once per month event, with each month of the year having a different theme and featuring a different Legend/Mythical. This month's theme is Arceus, and his creation of the world.

The athletic event would focus on what could amount to a Ninja Warrior type deal, where participants physical athleticism, dexterity, agility, and stamina are all tested across multiple challenges from rings to rope walks to barbed wire crawls and more. These challenges represent the varying stages of life from our first moments crawling as infants to developing our sense of balance, stability, and finally conquest of life's challenges.

I figured Kekoa might want to run the course while the other three jump in with the musicians who play to hype up and support the participants.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
ooooooo yeah i like the sound of that! honestly any opportunity to mingle with others/celebrate/party would have kekoas attention LMAO a chance to test his athletic prowess would just be an added bonus 🤭

So when it comes to pokemon rangers, would their capture methods be like the anime, or the spin off games, or would they just capture them normally? Because the whole lore behind them is that they pacify and temporarily befrend pokemon to use them for one purpose. I dont even think they catch their main pokemon that stays with them.

So when it comes to pokemon rangers, would their capture methods be like the anime, or the spin off games, or would they just capture them normally? Because the whole lore behind them is that they pacify and temporarily befrend pokemon to use them for one purpose. I dont even think they catch their main pokemon that stays with them.

Lemme read up on that real quick. I'll get back to you in a few.

BRB's peeps!

Okay.

The Capture Styler definitely is a video game only thing with the beams giving "friendship" to the Pokemon it's encircling. There's no realism (or even semi-realism) in that. So, unfortunately, I can't bring myself to allow that to be a thing for this RP since I'm aiming as much as I can for a more realistic experience.

For the purposes of this RP the Pokemon Rangers will function like this:

1) Rangers pick a Partner when they enter the academy to become a Ranger, during which time both undergo rigorous training

2) Upon graduating they are granted the status of Area Rangers, at which time they are assigned the Area which they will be helping to protect and watch over

3) Their functions in said areas are:

- To prevent Pokemon Poaching and apprehend any offenders
- To prevent ecological imbalance my maintaining a sense of territorial balance between the apex predators in the Area
- To help prevent or contain disasters like wildfires, landslides, etc, which have the potential to disrupt the natural harmony of the Area
- To perform rescue operations of lost travelers, or severely injured Pokemon

4) Whenever able, Pokemon Rangers avoid using Poke Balls for capture. Instead their motto is "Contain, Distract, and Divert." For example, if a Pokemon is rampaging in the Area where they operate, they will confront the Pokemon and work to contain its movements. Once contained, they will keep it distracted and redirect its attention to where they want it, be that a new territorial sector in the Area, or simply letting the Pokemon tire itself out to end the rampage. The only times Poke Balls are used is if a wild Pokemon's life is in danger without critical aid from a Pokemon Center, as the Poke Ball will be the fastest and safest method of transport.

Providing they do their duties well they may rise through the ranks and become Top Rangers who are granted the rights to travel outside their area and work in coordination with other Ranger groups, as well as work alongside standard Pokemon Law Enforcement and aid in Relief efforts (for instance assisting with cleanup after hurricanes or tsunamis, looking for lost individuals, helping remove debris, etc).

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask!

I'm going to set up a post on Saturday that outlines the basic idea of what the Cruise was like, as well as describing the luggage debacle that brings our characters into the same space. I won't force any pre-set interactions though.

The post will end right as our characters have gathered, so we'll be able to dynamically post their first interactions as our first posts of the RP.

I think some kind of event that attracts all of them due to mutual interest would be good.

Something that (if what I read on everyone's profiles actually stuck with my siv of a brain) hopefully everyone would all be attracted to would be a mixed event of athletic performance and music accompaniment with an Arceus theme.

And yes, I plan to open the world to any Pokemon of any generation so long as they are known to live in the respective environments and biomes we go through. Johto region Pokemon will be the most common, obviously, since we're in Johto. But there will be chances to encounter Pokemon of other generations as well. For example, we won't see any Magmar wandering the grassy plains/light forests outside Mr. Pokemon's house because Magmar live in dry/volcanic regions. But we will have the chance to see Buneary, Zigzagoon, Grubbin, and other assortments of grassland/light forest habitat Pokemon.

As a result of this lore change, a celebration of Arceus, or any other Legendary/Mythical, would not be a surprise in the Johto region for this RP's purposes.

The Arceus theme would (hopefully) attract both Yume and Annie as both were raised in religious households (even if the latter's religious beliefs were shattered by how hardcore the family was). The athletic performance side would appeal to Kekoa. And the music would appeal to everyone else since I found a favorite song of mine that has instruments our characters all like.

The idea of the event is that it's a once per month event, with each month of the year having a different theme and featuring a different Legend/Mythical. This month's theme is Arceus, and his creation of the world.

The athletic event would focus on what could amount to a Ninja Warrior type deal, where participants physical athleticism, dexterity, agility, and stamina are all tested across multiple challenges from rings to rope walks to barbed wire crawls and more. These challenges represent the varying stages of life from our first moments crawling as infants to developing our sense of balance, stability, and finally conquest of life's challenges.

I figured Kekoa might want to run the course while the other three jump in with the musicians who play to hype up and support the participants.

What do you guys think?
Sounds amazing all around :D I'm very excited!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back