• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rp OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

AnthraxBurrito

Omnipotent Burro
The Pokemon world has been in a downward spiral as of late. Many pokemon have gone missing, have had their homes destroyed, or have fallen victim to the new “Pokerage” pandemic, in which many pokemon considered normally docile have suddenly turn vicious and feral, attacking those they once called friends. Though the the problem is widespread it has not left the grass continent or its surrounding isles, making it obvious that the problem stems from within the Grass continent itself.

Rescue Exploration Teams from all over have made the journey to try and find the cause of the outbreak. The Treasure Rescue Guild sits atop a high hill overlooking the growing Treasure Town. The guild has become well known throughout the local area for their heroic efforts and many new rescue teams seeking guidance, steady work, and a place to sleep have joined up with the guild to try and make a difference in the world.

Rules:
1. All RPN rules apply already
2. No Fakemon
3. No Fish pokemon unable to leave water, No legendaries, No man made pokemon (Voltorb, Trubbish, Grimer)
4. No in game breeding, keep it kid friendly
5. Try to keep with the theme of the show more than the game in battles, using the setting rather than launching moves back and forth.
6. Creating an npc is allowed, just make sure you get approval for the character before posting the sheet
7. Just so I know you read this, add your favorite Gym leader to you character sheet at the bottom
8. If you want to use someone's character/npc, simply ask permission or make a collab post.
9. Wait a bit between posts, allow others to post before going for a follow up.
10 If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about the rp, please don't hesitate to ask!

The roles to apply for:
Team 1 - 2 more recruits to join Mareep
Team 2 - Meowstic, Joleton, Ledian
Guild Hand - Second in command in the guild
Guild Master - Leader of the guild, former Rescuer and Explorer

It should be kinda obvious you'll be expected to at least pick a team name with those who are also applying for the same team. The Guild Hand and Master’s relationship will be up to you as will all characters, though it should be decided while making your sheets. The rp will begin with the new recruits being brought into the guild for the first time.

Side note, were just going to imply none of the events of any of the games ever happened, the locations and characters are still going to be used though.
Nickname: (If applicable, not required as most pokemon go by what they are)
Species: (what type of pokemon are you)
Gender: (only important if there's appearance differences between the two)
Appearance: (just a picture of the pokemon will do, though if you have specific things like scars or different coloration, do explain)
Team: (what team are you currently part of/ have you previously affiliated with)
Guild Rank: (what do you do/where do you stand within the guild)
Personality: (name a few specific traits that define who your character is)
History: (what has your character been doing up until now)
Items: (anything special to your character, a scarf, a bag of berries, etc. Optional as well)
20180802_185200.png

Last edited:
Does some of the existing lore of the world like time gears and the curse about touching a Ninetail's tail still exist. Just the lore, not the game-related events connected to them.

So we just post these here? Alrighty!

Nickname:
Likes to be called "Jolty" by her friends; other than that, she just goes by the name of her species.

Species:
Jolteon

Appearance:
marshaaa.png
Team:
(TBA- I'll work that out with my fellow guild members if any pop up.)

Guild Rank:
Silver

Personality:
(Pokemon Nature: Rash.) Jolty is known for her sharp intelligence and hardworking attitude, along with a great sense of humor. Unfortunately, this is heavily counterbalanced by her ferocious temper, infamous rudeness, impulsive nature and even a few... bad habits. More specifically, her tendency to be "free" with people's belongings. Items from other explorer's bags tend to "mysteriously" go missing whenever she's around, and no one who's known her for longer than a week isn't aware of this. When confronted with her misdeeds, Jolty just laughs, admitting nothing (though the other Pokemon will find their stolen items tucked safely away in their bags once more, given a day). Jolty really does have a good heart- she just has a hard time with suppressing her impulses in day to day life. Despite her shortcomings, Jolty is fiercely loyal and will do anything for a friend.

History:
Jolty didn't start out with dreams of exploring. She lived in a massive plains a little ways from town with her mother and two sisters. As a kit, she caused all sorts of trouble. She shocked other Pokemon with the static from her fur, stole everything from berries to Poke from right under their noses, then ran away cackling. Since her mother always returned the stolen items to their owners and fiercely apologized on her behalf, she never went to prison. Officially, at least. Despite regular scolding, Jolty never seemed to get the message-- not until an unnamed explorer took an interest in her speed and craftiness. She was taught that her talents could be used to help Pokemon, not harm them. Somehow, it worked. She listened. Instead of antagonizing the Pokemon around her, she poured all of her focus into training. Sure, she still swiped a trinket here or there, but on the whole her whole lifestyle improved.

The moment she was allowed to leave her mother's side, Jolty went into town and signed up at the local guild. And she's never looked back.

Item(s):
As one might guess, Jolty has a large problem with hoarding. She's loath to throw things away, so her bedroom area and storage are crammed full. Don't touch her stuff unless you ask. Seriously.
Jolty also has a little star pendant she wears on her right chest, twinkling within her needle-like fur.

Let me know if anything is amiss.~ Also, my favorite Gym Leader is Winona!

Nickname: Tesla
Species: Mareep
Appearance: Look at my avatar XD
Team:None (as im a new recruit)
Guild Rank: newbie
Personality:
Tesla is a sunny and cheerful pokemon most of the time, but is prone to having moments of grief ,worry and very dangerous if angered. If he is around any baby pokemon, he has a tendency to be parental despite being a baby pokemon himself, though this only applies if they actually act like little kids. He is a complete novice at treasure hunting but does have a sense of adventure when exploring, this could lead to him wandering off somewhere on occasion. doesn’t have too much experience in battle thanks to not wanting to fight unless necessary. Very willing to help if able to, and able to talk to most new mons quite easy. Will put his friends ahead of himself (if this is a good or bad thing is up to you.) He is usually quite cautious, sometimes too much so dependent on the person. The usual right and wrong for him is clear but if it seems a blurry will try to be diplomatic about things (provided he has a clue what he is talking about.) Pretty good at seeing a silver linging with failures. If there is one that is as failures putting the world in danger will most likely have him depressed at the end.

History: Tesla has had a adventurous side nearly since birth. The sheep being one to explore on his own, having the common sense to at least stick to areas he could at least not get harmed too much. If he wasn't exploring, or trying to explore dungeons (other mons kept trying to stop him from doing this, especially with the awareness of this pokerage problem going on), he would be in plains trying to pick berries for those pokemon that are actually docile. The goof won't resist being a good Samaritan. So far this hasn't gotten him into too much trouble, but as he arrives at the Wigglytuff Guild to become a explorer, this could change.

Items: a bag of berries (one of each status berry if thats allowed.) meant for the other members of the team he joins.
Fave gym leader= Gardenia
(Hope that works

Last edited:
7EnCngg.gif
d5qzYTq.gif

Nickname: Zawinul

Species: Meowstic

Team: Blank for now, will wait for the others.

Guild Rank: Bronze

Personality: Zawinul is a rather…odd Pokemon. He has an outgoing and eccentric personality making him rather prominent in his community. He has a certain nose for news and gossip that he comes across in his explorations and he’s prone to passing them around town as rumors. He has great memory, making him a good candidate for navigation and detective work.

While he's not a slouch in battle, Zawinul prefers to avoid fighting if necessary and would rather try to talk things out rather than resorting to a fight.

History: Prior to being an explorer, Zawinul has held a lot of odd jobs in the past, usually changing disciplines after one or two years. Shop assistant, berry sorter, berry picker, dojo referee…if it’s done under an establishment with decent rewards, he’s probably tried it. This has broadened his mind and skillset for prospective job hunting but in the end, he decided to be an explorer as the years of working under someone else has left a bad taste in his mouth and made him realize he’s not fit to work under a “boss”.

Items: A small bag for carrying food items, a small handkerchief and his coin purse.

Password well, my favorite Gym Leader is probably Flannery from Hoenn.

Nickname: Berry

Species: Ledian

Appearance:

Team: (TBA-wanting to be in the silver team)

Guild Rank: Silver

Personality: Berry isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. He gets distracted easily and has a really bad memory too. Berry is always counting on his teammates to remind him of the things he's supposed to do. Lucky for him his lack of intelligence is usually overlooked by his kindness and overall likability. He also likes to do his best to keep a happy and upbeat attitude whenever it is appropriate. Despite his happy-go-lucky demeanor, Berry isn't afraid to fight.

History: Helping people has always been a thing Berry has been fond of. He would spend most of his day helping people in his village with all sorts of jobs. He's mostly done cleaning and delivery jobs. His love for helping people got him to start training to be a Rescuer. With the help of a retired rescuer in his village, Berry learned how to use his speed and agility to his advantage in battle. After his training master deemed him ready, Berry joined the same guild his master was once a part of.

Items: n/a

Grant from Kalos

possibly, who knows? they are both adorable imo maybe even convincing this floofball to audition for the silver group either at the start or later DeadLad DeadLad

Does some of the existing lore of the world like time gears and the curse about touching a Ninetail's tail still exist. Just the lore, not the game-related events connected to them.
Well say those legends are still out there, but remain legends. If for no other reason then so we can explore them ourselves.

So I like all the characters so far as they are. Guild rank is actually your standing within the guild, not your teams rank. By guild rank I really just meant what role are you playing withing the guild, whether it's a recruit, a veteran, guild master, etc.

The Characters thread is up, and you're welcome to transfer them over. If everyone puts what position there applying for here, you can see who your teammates will likely be and you can focus on finding a team name and establishing your characters relationships.

Last edited:
7EnCngg.gif
d5qzYTq.gif

Nickname: Zawinul

Species: Meowstic

Team: Blank for now, will wait for the others.

Guild Rank: Bronze

Personality: Zawinul is a rather…odd Pokemon. He has an outgoing and eccentric personality making him rather prominent in his community. He has a certain nose for news and gossip that he comes across in his explorations and he’s prone to passing them around town as rumors. He has great memory, making him a good candidate for navigation and detective work.

While he's not a slouch in battle, Zawinul prefers to avoid fighting if necessary and would rather try to talk things out rather than resorting to a fight.

History: Prior to being an explorer, Zawinul has held a lot of odd jobs in the past, usually changing disciplines after one or two years. Shop assistant, berry sorter, berry picker, dojo referee…if it’s done under an establishment with decent rewards, he’s probably tried it. This has broadened his mind and skillset for prospective job hunting but in the end, he decided to be an explorer as the years of working under someone else has left a bad taste in his mouth and made him realize he’s not fit to work under a “boss”.

Items: A small bag for carrying food items, a small handkerchief and his coin purse.

Password well, my favorite Gym Leader is probably Flannery from Hoenn.
So just to clarify what position were you applying for the new team or the established team? If the established is the case, you'll fill that team out with Jolteon and Ledian. If it's the recruits, you'll be partnered up with Mareep.

Probably the established team just to go with the history I already put in. It's implied that he's already been working for some time now.

SCSaya06 SCSaya06 Komeiji Komeiji wanna start coming up with a team name?

Aye, now that all of the guild crew is in, that makes sense :D We can certainly hash things out! I'm just trying to think of a name that would fit all of them ;w;

it seems like all of our charas have fairly outgoing personalities?? They don't seem to be going for the whole "super mysterious" vibe, at least. so maybe it should be something straightforward-- like Team Blitz, Team Beacon, Team Starbright....

Tbh, I'd love to hear your guys' suggestions, too :,3 Names are a bit tricky.

PS: I think all of y'all's characters are cute-- so cute I could just swipe your coinpurses < 3

Komeiji Komeiji How about a two part team name that doesn't use "team"? Like Starbright Crusaders or Blitz Brigade. Something like that could always be cool

Oooh, I like that idea! Personally I lean on the side of "Blitz Brigade--" but I'll wait for our other team member to chime in their input too ^^

I posted a CS but I'm not sure sure if it was meant to be posted here first for approval (; °͈▵°͈) I'm so sorry if it was, I'll delete it from the CS thread if that's the case.
Also, everyone's characters are adorable~

I posted a CS but I'm not sure sure if it was meant to be posted here first for approval (; °͈▵°͈) I'm so sorry if it was, I'll delete it from the CS thread if that's the case.
Also, everyone's characters are adorable~
Including yours =D Nothin' like a nice pre Eevee-lution to show around the guild~ ((Also I think you're fine with the CS thing dw))

Including yours =D Nothin' like a nice pre Eevee-lution to show around the guild~ ((Also I think you're fine with the CS thing dw))

tysm! ;w;

Just don't be a bad influence, Jolty, we don't need another troublemaking (Pr)Eeveelution... or do we? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back