• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokemon: Explorers of the New World [Closed]

Chiester

Knows Things
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Yes, it's a Pokemon RP. No, it's not a Mystery Dungeon RP. Though I get the confusion. I'm looking for a small group for this, probably 2 or 3 more people. I will put some guidelines bellow, but for now, let's get to the concept.

"Seemingly out of nowhere, a big chunk of land appeared in the middle of the ocean. Nobody knows why it happened or can even explain how it could happen. It seemed impossible. But in this world full of dangerous and incredible creatures, and people who spend their lives training, capturing and studying them, something impossible like this would never scare the world. Instead, people from all over the world went to this land to try to discover their secrets. Because of this, they called this land "New World". In this new region, the story follows a group of young and inexperienced Pokemon Trainers chosen by their professors to form a team and explore this new world together."

That's pretty much it. I will be taking inspiration by the Pokemon Lore and Pokemon Adventures manga. So no 4 move limit and no levels. The word "experience" will be used literally, and the pokemon will evolve once they get enough of it. You should also expect your trainers to move and fight alongside their pokemon. Attacks might target them, or even other trainers and whatnot. Though battles can be brutal and you should expect some darker undertones, the story should keep a lighthearted tone most of the time. No Galar and no Human Pokemon.

Roleplayer Guidelines:
  • Be Active. I won't make a universal time limit, but yes a circumstantial one. If it's your turn to comment you have a 2 day limit to reply. If you think you can't RP for a few days then just remove your character from the spotlight (he goes back to the city, he disappears, etc), but you have to roleplay it. If you really can't even do that then talk to me. We will figure something out.
  • No one-liners, too many grammar errors, harassment and all that. The usual stuff.
  • Don't force romance.
  • Send me your OC by PM.
  • I will be making an OOC chat eventually. Join there as well.
Character Guidelines:
  • Use the Template. You can add more stuff, but that's the minimum.
  • Avoid common stereotypes. No edgelords, no token black guy, no super pervert. Stuff like that.
  • It can have some dark stuff, but just a little. It's a lighthearted story at heart.

Character Template:
Name:
(mostly to avoid confusion later on)
Specialty: (Pokemon related. Stuff like catching pokemon, rising them, training, tracking, studying... etc. Get creative here.)
Personality: (No common stereotypes)
Appearance: (Please don't look like a toddler.)
Backstory: (They should be from an existing region. If they are related to a canon character then don't mention them by name. Just keep it vague. Mention that they were sent to New World by their professor with a Pokedex.)
Starter: (Choose a 1rst Evolution Pokemon. And not one of the strong ones that never evolve. Just use logit to choose something on the level of a normal starter pokemon from the games.)

I can bend the OC rules a bit if you ask for it and it's interesting enough, but probably won't. Keep that in mind.

I'd be interested in joining. Do you care what gen the pokémon is? And does it have to be one of the official starters?

I'm interested! As well as the questions above, would a character be able to have two pokemon in starting?

Whoa, you guys are fast. Here are some answers:

Will such be allowed down the line?

But yes, I take great interest. Expect an app in due time.
Hm... I wasn't expecting any demand for it. Yeah, maybe later. For now, we know too little about their pokemon and story. Let's see how it goes after the game comes out in English.

I'd be interested in joining. Do you care what gen the pokémon is? And does it have to be one of the official starters?
I don't care about the Gen. Just be sure it's available on the region your OC is from. Though I guess he could have traded or bought it. No need to be an official starter. Want a bidoof? have a bidoof.

Interested. Do we have to start with an actual starter or is any 1st evolution pokemon allowed?
Any 1st evolution on the level of a regular starter. So don't take one of those pseudo-legendaries.

I'm interested! As well as the questions above, would a character be able to have two pokemon in starting?
Nope, only one. If your OC has more in its backstory then it has to be left at home.

A few questions before I get to writing my CS:

Is there gonna be an evil team in this new region?

How is the pokemon league gonna work out?

Any fakemon?

Can I get a Gengar without having to trade it?

A few questions before I get to writing my CS:

Is there gonna be an evil team in this new region?
Yep, maybe several. Not all of them will be called "Teams" though.

How is the pokemon league gonna work out?
There is no pokemon league.

Any fakemon?
None.

Can I get a Gengar without having to trade it?
You will be traveling as a team. You can trade with your teammates for a day and you are done.

I don't care about the Gen. Just be sure it's available on the region your OC is from. Though I guess he could have traded or bought it. No need to be an official starter. Want a bidoof? have a bidoof.
lol thanks for the offer, but I will kindly pass. CS should be up sometime tonight

Hi. Love it. If you’ll allow me the contribution, I’ll get something over to you tomorrow and we can discuss at your convenience. Also, I did update my own check and should have tagged you but maybe it didn’t work, just letting you know I didn’t ghost you!

I don't know what you are talking about, but it sounds both ominos and interesting. Sure, I will wait.

I don't know about the tag but I will re-read your post later today.

The process is going well so far, but we could use a guy or two to diversify.

If need be I can always change my characters gender! I do not mind too much ^^
I won't ask you to do it though. But you cant change the last name! it's perfect.
But honestly, a girl team can be alright. It's just my D&D brain screaming for a balanced party.

ONLY ONE MORE SPOT LEFT HOMIES!

Well... we are full. This thing is closed for now.

For those who didn't get in: Sorry! I will probably need more players later on, so you might see me make another post. I welcome you to join then.

For those who did get in: I will be making the OOC chat soon, probably tomorrow. I was waiting to have everyone first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back