• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One x One PMD: Beyond the Sky! - OOC

Main
Here
Yes! That would be so cool!! Of course rn she doesn't remember it but it would be fun if later on we played some of it.

Well for now we'll focus on Explorers of Sky, then move on to Super's world with some personal changes (mostly to fit Rescue Team's and Gates to Infinity's locations and characters). Afterwards maybe we can discuss a potential visit to Sky's World.

You only played Time out of the Explorers games, right?

For Explorers yes just Time but for other MD I played thru Super and am working on Red Rescue Team DX for the Switch!

Huh.

On one hand, you kinda missed out on stuff like Spinda's Cafe and the Special Episodes (the fifth one is especially noteworthy, and it's only unlocked after graduating from the Guild).

On the other hand, screw Destiny Tower; that Dungeon can burn in a fire.

I heard of Spinda's cafe though, was it fun?

And I also heard of Destiny Tower too ans how people did not like it. Hah.

Spinda's Café turns edible items like Berries and Seeds into drinks that have a chance of permanently raising stats and/or IQ, sometimes on top of normal effects like with Joy Seeds raising your level or the different Vitamins' stat boosts.

That, and you get a rare chance of unlocking bonus dungeons or recruitments.

And yes, Destiny Tower is ridiculously brutal, far more than its incarnation in Super Mystery Dungeon. 99 floors with no breaks, only the Leader can go in, your level is set to 1, your movepool is set to whatever your Pokémon could learn at level 1, IQ skills are disabled for you but not enemies (making Reviver Seeds useless), traps can't be revealed by using a regular attack on them, you can't recruit anyone inside, and Monster Houses can appear even at the first floor.

And all that for an item that is arguably useless through sheer overkill.

I actually heard of that. Now they just have the items like the Zinc, Carbos, Stirus Berries and etc for raising your stats. And the Gummis have chances to raise stuff. It sucks to have so many berries piled I am not using and its pointless to sell them so I just leave them in storage.

I hate that on DX I have to go buy camps and sometimes not know what Pokemon stay at it til I miss my chance to get one

Geez. I hate that stuff and even more when its totally pointless.

I've seen thay DX does streamline some things (and dumb down others), but the general balance is still biased towards multi-hit moves and STAB, so I wasn't incentivized into buying DX. I still have yet to finish Super, but I'm currently on a Pokémon Shield binge-play.

I actually have just not bothered to use the link feature on mine, you don't have to use it and I didn't. So yeah. Super I have finished. I actually 100'ed it .

Bleh, I gotta get around to finishing Super sometime; but I just can't get invested into the story all that much.

Eh, I've faced worse games to 100; Xenoblade Chronicles X comes to mind

It was good I enjoyed it and I played to 100 it and get all the mons. Probs will try on DX too.

Also will get rp soon, I am out rn so if not tonight tomorrow before work

If I seemingly ghost, it's probably because I had to go somewhere and forgot to bring my phone/there's no internet there/I got sick and died

I usually leave RPs after 1wk+ of unexplained inactivity so yeah. If that happens and you didn't mean to ghost feel free to PM me.

Grabbing the RP now before I start getting ready for work.

Hey, I have a question. I noticed the floor maps had the little blue dots indicating items. Would the Pokemon see them or are the dots just there to be there? Just was curious. Since they came out right by one, if they could see them, Sky probs woukd see the item since she is leading.

Hey, I have a question. I noticed the floor maps had the little blue dots indicating items. Would the Pokemon see them or are the dots just there to be there? Just was curious. Since they came out right by one, if they could see them, Sky probs would see the item since she is leading.
Yup, all items in the map are visible items any Pokémon (including baddies) can see, pick up, and use. Since entire rooms are revealed once the player sets foot in them if darkness is enabled, all items and enemies inside are also revealed.

For example, here's two full SCs of our current situation; the item in question isn't visible on the bottom screen due to the screen size limitation.
Screenshot_20210707-221709.png

But move down a few steps, and you see the item just fine.
Screenshot_20210707-221810.png

Some Pokémon are hilariously broken when it comes to exploration though. Vulpix is notorous as a playable hero/partner since many of its IQ skills are geared towards making dungeon-diving easy as hell. Acute Sniffer which lets you know how many items are on the current floor (but not what/where they are), Trap Avoider which is self-explanatory, Stair Sensor which automatically reveals the stairwell's location on the map, and Map Surveyor which outright reveals the floor layout from the beginning (items/enemies not included)

Last edited:
I am so sorry buf I think I have to pause/ghost this because it is a bit hefty. My work schedule is a bit inconsistent right now and I am not really able to do my more advanced RPs anymore. I am so skrry for ghosting and gl on finding others!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back