• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Beyond the Sky!

OOC
Here

Aron the Aron

Lord Commissar Secretary of Floor Gang
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
28841844_200x130-gif.893657
  • Your Partner: Riolu!
    Level: 5
    Exp. Pts.: 86
    To next level: 103
    Held Item: None
    HP: 32/32

Attack: 11
    Defense: 10
    Sp. Atk.: 12
    Sp. Def.: 10

Screenshot_20210622-220449.png

"Whoa! Wh-wh-whoa!"

"Are... Are you OK?!"

"No! Don't let go! Just a little longer... Come on! Hang on!"

"N-n-no! I can't... hold on...!"

"Waaaaaah!"

Screenshot_20210622-221205~2.png

And thus, the story began...

Several hours later...

Screenshot_20210622-232335.png
The gorgeous sunset to the Riolu's west did little to ease his nerves, standing alone against the gated entrance to Wigglytuff's Guild. He knew what he wanted to do, and yet mustering the courage to take the first step forward was proving a lot harder than it seemed. "You got this... Just stand on the grate, and everything will be okay." Psyching himself up, he finally let a burst of newfound bravery to step forward towards the metal gate. But no sooner did he find his courage...

"Pokémon detected! Pokémon detected!"

"Whose footprint? Whose footprint?"

"The footprint is Riolu's! The footprint i- huh?"

... did it evaporate.

Spooked, the Riolu stumbled back off the grate before tripping and falling onto his own tail. The shock smashed what little morale he had, and as the canid crawled away from it all, he tightly clutched the little stone tucked into his worn-out scarf.

"I thought bringing this would give me a boost in confidence... I guess not." he thought to himself, already getting up and dusting himself off while still staring at the stone in his paw. "So much for being brave like gramps... I should leave; I'll... I'll try again tomorrow morning..." With the evening's plans ruined along with his mood, the Riolu turned around to leave, unknowingly being followed by two particular stooges as he retreated to the one place he could find solace.

Pokémon are travelling, please wait...
Screenshot_20210622-234811~2.png
Screenshot_20210622-234816~2.png
The beach came alive as Krabby crawled out of their hideaways to blow bubbles; the sunset's light were caught by the bubbles, reflecting in a dazzling lightshow of color only enjoyed by those fortunate enough to be present. It was on clear days like those that made the beach such a wonderful getaway for lonely Pokémon like Riolu.

Screenshot_20210623-000609.png

"This view never gets old..." He sighed to himself, letting the disappointment that happened minutes ago be forgotten. He let his eyes drift across the horizon as he sat down on the fine sand; there was Treasure Town to his right, Sharpedo Bluff only a slight turn of his head from being visible, the unconscious figure near the cav-

Wait a minute...

As his brain finally caught up to what he had nearly glossed over with his sight, Riolu scrambled up to his feet in a bout of momentary panic. "Someone's collapsed on the sand! How did I not notice it earlier?!" He could scold himself later; someone needed his help!

"Uh... H-hey! Are you alright!?" He shouted as he ran across the beach, silently praying that whoever he found wasn't already dead. That would be the last thing he needed on top of an already crummy day...

Last edited:
She didn't quite know what had happened. She didn't know who she was. What she had been doing before this. Just nothing other than her name: Sky. Sky, after the unique shades the sky turned throughout the day. Her mother, whoever she was, had told her that. But what did she look like? What did any of her family look like...? All she knew was that they were human. So surely, she would wake and all of these blank thoughts would be filled. This was all just morning grogginess.

...Right?

Slowly Sky began to regain her physical sensations. What she expected to be the soft blankets of. Bed was...sand? And there was a light cool wind blowing against her skin. Skin that oddly felt wet. How? Why? Luckily, the next thing to return was her sight, which she had to blink a bit to get to fully focus. A beach? Wait...she didn't live anywhere near a beach, right? Then how did she get here?!? Had she...been under water? Is that why she was wet?
Her head throbbed trying to remember much and the sensation only got worse when she heard something. Someone was trying to get her attention. Maybe they could give her some sort of explaination as to how she ended up here and exactly how long she was going to expect to be here before any form of help arrived. But her eyes only widened when she came face to face with not another human but a Riolu?! Face to face, in the flesh, with a Pokemon?!
She only became even more astonished when she felt her hands were not hands at all but the blue clawed hands of a Totodile. She could see the tail to match. She...was a Pokemon as well?! No way. This wasn't real! Surely she was dreaming. Maybe if she just closed her eyes again, things would return to normal.Yes. That was what she would do. Close her eyes and then this wacky dream would disappear. She would be back at home and have her memory restored. There was no way in the world that this was reality.

Wait. Somehow she understood this Riolu. And he wanted to know if she was okay. She'd best not let him panic any more than he might be already and give him an answer. She should play the dream while it was here, right? Even though it felt so real...
"I...I think I'm alright. Thank you for checking on me..." her voice was anxious sounding as ever. Sky was never the most socially confident person and it showed through, even now. She was always tense before she knew what a person was all about. The same applied for this Pokemon. Slowly she got to her feet, shaking her head in an attempt to calm her still racing thoughts.

Last edited:

"Oh thank Arceus you're awake!" The Riolu sighed out of relief as he stopped in front of the Tododile. "When I saw that you weren't moving on the sand, I thought you were dead for a second there. That would've been the worst!" As he began to calm down from his flight of temporary panic, questions began to fill the void that had been once occupied with worry. The Tododile who had just awoken seemed... lost, uncertain, maybe even anxious. What was she doing out that ended with her there on the beach, alone no less?

"So... How'd someone like you end up unconscious here on the beach? Where'd you even come from anyways?" The questions naturally fell out from his mouth as he began to wonder and speculate. It wasn't everyday that a Pokémon like a Tododile showed up near Treasure Town, but some manners were in order first. He was a proud Riolu; he needed to represent the noble qualities of his species!

"Actually, I'm getting ahead of myself here. I'm Coba-uh... Riolu! I'm Riolu! Er, my name's Riolu; you probably know I'm a Riolu too. And who are you? Never seen you around here before."

Well aside from that excellent example of coherent speech, that was a bit close for Riolu. "Real smooth you dunce; you oughta be more careful with your name in the future..."

Sky had to admit that the questions from this Riolu were a bit overwhelming for her. She didn't have any answers to give him. But how akward woukd that sound?! Having no memory at all? The guy woukd think she was crazy when they hadn't even been together for a full minute yet. Sky felt that a first impression mattered a lot, afterall.
"I....um......" she started, her nervousness already shining through before hearing the Riolu introduce himself. Or...at least atart to before just stating his species name. "Wait a second. Your name, it isn't really just Riolu, is it? You started to say something else. If you have a nickname I would love to hear it. And...if it helps any, my name isn't just Totodile either! I go by Sky!"
She got a bit excited at the last part, trying to sound encouraging to the other to get him to feel confident saying his name. Sure, they were Pokemon and there were so many species to be proud of being but a name mattered just as much. Because every person's one of a kind, right? So a name perhaps mattered even more than a species. At least that was how Sky saw it. She kept a small smile, though she was still anxious as ever. Inwardly, she hoped that he would forget about those earlier questions...

"Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa! You can't just go around telling your name to random strangers before asking for theirs!" Riolu's cheeks burned a bright red as he waved his paws in front of him. The boldness of this Tododile! Riolu was lucky that they were the only ones around on the beach; things would've been a lot more awkward if they were elsewhere like the crossroads!

"Just call me Riolu, okay? At least you don't seem shady or anything like; you have to be sane to be crazy enough to ask for someone's name." Names seemed like a touchy subject, at least to Riolu if his change in behavior was an indication. He then looked away as he fought down the redness in his face, not paying attention to the two Pokémon sneaking up behind him.

"Sorry if I seem a little suspicious. Many Pokémon have gotten aggressive lately; things have grown a bit lawless across the whole contine-GAH!" Out of nowhere, the two strangers behind Riolu knocked him to the sand with a shove. One of the Pokémon who had come from behind, a Koffing, chucked as his accomplice Zubat steadied himself from knocking Riolu down. "Weeeeeeeeell, I do beg your pardon." The Poison-type said, his unapologetic sentence garnering an appropriate response.

"Augh! What the heck was that for you punks?!" Riolu had more words (and from the looks of it, fists) ready to be thrown when Zubat piped up. "Heh-heh-heh! Can't figure it out? We wanted to mess with you! And by the way: that's yours, isn't it?"

When Riolu followed Zubat's gaze to a small rock-like object fallen on the sand, he suddenly froze up as he clutched for empty air around his neck. "Hey, isn't that- Oi! That's not yours to take!" The anger veins on his head looked about ready to burst as Zubat swept in to take what seemed to belong to Riolu. "Sorry, we'll be taking this and leaving! See you around, Slowbro! heh-heh-heh!" And proving to be a lot faster than what they seemed, the two Poison-types made a mad dash for the nearby Beach Cave as Riolu began to pursue

"Get back here! I'll feed your your own tail when I get-OOF!"

Note: Try not to trip on the rocks littering the beach...

"Well, for the record, you wanted to know my name. I willingly told you." Sky started. She really didn't know why this Riolu was so defensive about a name. It wasn't really that big of deal. "Maybe...."

The Totodile wasn't able to say much else, for the two Poison types suddenly barelled their way through and took the scarf from Riolu. Theives were always something that irritated her. People thinking they could just up and take whatever from any person with no consequences was enough to make her want to punch, or maybe in her case now Scratch, them as hard as she could.
"What's the big idea, taking things that aren't yours?!?! Go and get your own scarves if you like them that much!!! Give Riolu his stuff back!!!" the angry Totodile yelled as she too gave chase to the fleeing poison types who had done nothing but laugh at the absolutely disgusting act they had done. Bullies were something that always set Sky off. She hated them. They just found joy in another's misery. It made her blood boil! However, the theives were much too fast for them. They were already gone into the cave before they could give much chase. Riolu seemed to be just as upset as Sky herself was and rightiously so. However, it appeared as if he had also ended up tripped up by the rocks littering the path.
"Hey, are you alright? You took a bit of a fall there." she asked Riolu as she gently moved to help him up if he needed it. For the moment she put the mild irritation about the name subject off to the side. Right now it looked like they had bigher fish to fry. As for her memory...well...she still felt the same. This had to just be a dream. Surely shr will wake up soon and have her memories. She kept telling herself this in the back of her mind. Until then, she just needed to go along with the situation in front of her. Even if it seemed so realistic...

"I'm fine..." One quick dab of his snout with a paw said otherwise. "Ow. Okay; maybe not as fine as I like." As Riolu pulled himself up from the sand, he held a paw up to stop the small trickle of blood coming down from his nose. Just another case of his bad luck kicking in at a bad time, in front of a stranger, no less. At least Tododile was proving beyond a shadow of doubt to not be shady; the Grass Continent could use more Pokémon like her wandering around. "Stupid nosebleed, stupid rocks on the beach, stupid morons stealing my stuff, and a stupid day altogether... Eugh, I need to get after those two." He muttered along with some colorful language, wiping the blood off his snout before he resumed the chase...

... for about another three-and-a-half steps. When he let the rest of his brain catch up, he realized just where exactly Koffing and Zubat had made their escape into.

"And of course they had to go in there, make my day worse than it already is." It was no secret to himself that Riolu was not the most well-built Pokémon around; the innumerable times his poor luck resulted in an injury did little favors to boost his constitution. Waltzing into a Mystery Dungeon alone was just asking for misfortune to chew him up and spit him out in some horrific way.

With a heavy sigh, Riolu briefly considered dropping the matter before shaking his head. "Gramps wouldn't have had to ask for help... Uh look, Totodile was it? I don't wanna be a bit of a bother, but I'm going to need a plus-one going in there. I'm uh... I'm not the toughest individual out there."

Sky became noticably concerned when she saw the blood on Riolu. She knew that he definately was not okay. The fall probably just hit his snout at the right angle and made it bleed. For a moment a thought of the same happening to her went through her mind as she thought about her own snout but she pushed the thought away as she let the guy vent with his colorful language. She always felt so akward when someone burst out yelling but she had a feeling that Riolu didn't mean it. Perhaps she would feel the urye to do the same had she hurt her snout. However, Sky also realized Riolu wasn't strong and she didn't reallt think that she was very strong either. Somehow she had a feeling that she was a little on the frail side in her previous life and that had to have carried over somewhat to her current situation.
"Of course I'll come along. I...I'm not sure how strong I will be but I don't tolerate theives and there's no way that I'm just going to let them take your things sitting down. With the two of us, we'll have an easier time getting through the cave." the Totodile said, not even needing to be asked about helping. The idea was a given for her, Riolu didn't even need to ask. Although, she had to admit, she didn't know what she was getting into on going into this cavern. However, the risks didn't matter to her. Those theives were not about to get off scott free for what they did!! No way! They would catch them and get back Riolu's scarf. It was odd how Sky was willing to go through so much for someone she barely knew, for some crazy adventure that was still likely just a dream. But be it dream or reality, Sky had morals she woukdn't copromise and theives getting due justice was one of those.

Relief had written itself on Riolu's face when he heard Sky's willingness to lend a paw, or claw in her case; she had a strong moral compass to help a total stranger, even when Riolu felt something odd about her. "That's... You have no idea big a favor I'm gonna owe you once this is over!" He said, his courage revitalized to head into the cave. "That cave leads to a dead-end; we should be able to catch up to those thieves in no time! Come on!"

And with Riolu leading Sky along into the cavern, their first adventure of many together began...

Dungeon floors are being generated...
Screenshot_20210626-221202.png
Objectives and floor map updated! Check the "Current Floor Map & Goals" Tab if you get lost!
Things already felt off when Sky first stepped into the cavern. The walls were completely straight, and only seemed to turn at perfect square angles; open areas were shaped like rectangles, with corridor-like paths that were in uniform width with perfect 90° turns. The cave's structure screamed unnatural and manmade ('mon-made? is that the correct term in this dream?), but the blue-hued stone walls and sand-colored rock floor had no sign's of being artificially placed.

And where did the entrance go? Wasn't it just behind them?

It was insane to think, but there was a distinct feeling that this cavern was all-natural despite it's... obsession with perfectly-square shapes. Riolu didn't seemed bothered by the cave's lack of jagged edges or rounded curves, in fact he looked annoyed as he scanned his surroundings. "Yep, it's a Mystery Dungeon alright... Well, we'd better not waste any more time than we already have. Those bozos couldn't have hidden inside this dungeon itself; they probably went all the way to the end of the cave. Let's start by going as deep as we can go, towards the end."

A Mystery Dungeon? Was that what Riolu called this nonsensical defiance of logic? Whatever it was, he was aware, if not familiar with them...

"Hmm? You okay there Tododile? You seem a little out of it; is it the dungeon?"

Last edited:
Geez. This place was even more dreamlike than Sky already felt like it was. Entering the cavern transported them to an area of completely straight edges. Even the paths up ahead didn't seem to curve. Everything was a perfect 90 degree angle. Now she was sure that she was dreaming. There was no way that something like this was natural. There was no way that nature just randomly made a place with all perfect angles. Yet nature was an interesting thing. Perhaps it did. But Sky was more on the end of this just being another characteristic of this odd dream she was trapped in.
She glanced hesitantly at Riolu. How was he so relaxed? It was almost as if he were used to places like this. Were these a commonplace in these lands? It seemed so. But for her it was just so odd!! And it was simply shocking that this was nornal in this place. She glanced up at Riolu when he addressed her, a bit of an anxious expression in her eyes.
"I...um....I'm sorry for looking out of it. I just haven't been in one of these Mystery Dungeons before. I was just a bit thrown off by how perfect these corners were. Are you sure these are all natural?" the Totodile asked as she tilted her head a bit. She then sighed, remembering how Riolu said that they probably shouldn't waste too much time. They had a set of theives to catch afterall. "Well, like you mentioned, I guess we can worry about it later. We've wasted a lot of time already and those theives are probably well into the caverns by now."
She glanced around, seeing several paths layed around them. They would need to pick a path to go down first. She glanced at Riolu. Clearly he had been through these once or twice so maybe he has the better idea on a suitable path that might get them progressing faster.
"So, what path should we take? You know one that would get us moving the fastest?"

(From now on, I'll be posting Sky's information including that blasted hunger and PP with my posts; Riolu's up-to-date information will be found on the first post of OOC if you need a look-see. Probably goes without saying, but with each post I'll update everything: map, items in the bag (should make a tab for that once we get it in the story), goals, etc.)
a382e090-807e-4034-a53d-40d9da072d5e-gif.894091
  • The Hero: Sky!
    HP: 41/41

Exp. Pts.: 88
    To next level: 105

Attack: 14
    Defense: 11
    Sp. Atk.: 14
    Sp. Def.: 11

Belly: 100/100

"That's kinda like predicting the weather Tododile; there's no definitive answer until you've already made your guess. I'd explain in detail, but we're burning sunlight." Riolu said with a scratch of his head. So this was Sky's first foray into a Mystery Dungeon. Had she been living under a rock her whole life? Mystery Dungeons were nearly impossible to go without at least hearing about, and even the most ignorant of Pokémon learned about its dangers at a young age.

"Since you're asking me: just pick a direction and roll with it, like... that way!" He said, pointing towards one of the pathways leading out of the "room" they were in. "We should probably go now; that Shelder on the other side of the room's not going to be of the friendly variety." So with little reason to stick around, Sky and Riolu began their way through one of the pathways.

Did Riolu mention just how dark it was once Sky stepped into the narrow corridor? It was barely bright enough to make out the corridor and any major dungeon details like the walls, but it would be impossible to see anybody until they were already next to her. Luckily, traveling the corridor had been short and devoid of company besides the Fighting-type, leading into an empty room with only one path out to Sky's right. "Y'know for someone who's just stepped into their first dungeon, you don't seem to have much hesitation marching into the unknown. If I didn't know better, I would've thought you were an apprentice Explorer or something!"

Aside from Riolu's idle commentary about his mysterious (and maybe temporary) partner, he had been doing an excellent job of gently guiding Sky along the floor, not to mention keeping an eye out behind them for surprises as she led the way. Going through their second room and into the unexplored corridor, they once again weren't met with any surprises... until they ran into diverging paths.

"Hmm... If I had Poké, I would bet that the way right loops back to that room we started out in. I'll let you decide which way to go though; you seem more decisive than I am when it comes to navigation."

Sky shrugged a bit at his answer. "I guess you're right. Pick a direction and go onwards I suppose." she said, although she really didn't know what to expect out of this weird place. It seemed like nothing to Riolu though. As if she didn't feel akward enough in her current situation. "Wait....there are hostile Pokemon here? Guess it's a given if we're out in a cavern though..."
She had to admit that she was not much for fighting. The idea of facing off against another Pokemon in this dream was not exactly something she was eager to try. She didn't even know what moves she knew in this state or even how strong she was. And then using a move herself?!? She would rather avoid that if she could, so she was happy to heae they avoided a fight. However, she turned to Riolu once more when he mentioned an Explorer.
"You mean people make careers of going to dark caverns like this? Why would someone want to make a career of that? This one is already getting even more creepy now that we don't have a lot of light..." she mumbled. She was surprised that Riolu was thinking she was more strong than him on this whole thing. She didn't see how she was. She didn't know this place at all and was honestly just walking around aimlessly. All she knew for sure was the end goal. They needed to catch those theives so Riolu can get his scarf back, where it belongs.

When they reached the split in paths, Sky peered around each. There wasn't much room to see but she also had a feeling that what Riolu said about the right path was true if her own inner map of the place served her well. Going to the south and then east would create a circle. So the best way to go would be west.
"I agree. Let's take the left path." she told her partner for the time being, going ahead and taking the lead as she started to make her way down the left path, keeping a lookout for any enemies.that might spot them as they went.

Riolu's intuition had wound up being spot-on as Sky rapidly approached a room after two bends in the path she had decided on. Upon entering the room at the end of the path (which happened to be brightly lit enough to see the whole room), Riolu's eyes lit up as he peeked out from behind the Totodile to see a stairway leading downward directly to her left!

The stairs themselves were an oddity in of themselves, being cast out of a smooth stone-like material, but without any sort of sign that could indicate it being natural. The stairs were uniform and clean without any damage or impurities as they led down into a floor below, and a thick darkness blocked any possibility of seeing far into where they could lead. It was yet another oddity of the Mystery Dungeon that, according to Riolu's lack of surprise, was just another bit of normality in this crazy dream world.

Near the far corner of the room, Sky spotted a faint glint of light on the floor. Possibly something to check out...

Unfortunately, any further hopes of continuing without coming to conflict were dashed as Riolu tapped Sky on the shoulder. "Hey, look out for that Shelder on your left just behind that stairway! I also felt a presence behind me, so we might have to fight our way out of this to continue!" True to his word, the purple shell and tongue of the namesake Pokémon was only a couple of steps from Sky, shuffling forward with a vacant look in its eyes. As if it weren't enough, the Emanation Pokémon spotted another shape coming from the hall the duo had just arrived out of, but with the shadows still being so thick in the corridors, it was impossible to tell what Pokémon it was. "You handle the Shelder by the stairs; I'll try to keep our backs safe from whatever was apparently following us!"

Sky was excited to see that they had reached the stairs but she was taken aback by how they looked. How was everything so uniform here? And how was it that their vision seemed to be automatically cut off past a certain point? Sky chalked it up to just the odd things that dreams did. She was still doubtful that any of this was actually reality, afterall. However, the Totodile had little time to really ponder the situatiin for she too suddenly felt that they were not alone. The first thing was the Shelder near the steps and she knew that dealing with it was inevidable. But they were also apparently being followed.
"Right." she tried to sound confident despite inwardly panicking about having to go through her first fight. She didn't even know wbat moves she had let alons how to use them and now she was being thrust facefirst into a fight? Would she be able to do it? "I'll go on and deal with the Shelder. You can deal with whoever is following us!"

Assuming that Riolu would do just that, Sky scurried ahead to do her end of the plan. She didn't know what to expsct. Would she move first or would the Shelder do something before her? She braced herself, soon getting within fighting range of the enemy Pokemon being at 1 tile away. But what moves did she even know? She did know she was puttibg herself in danger at the moment but she had to keep to her endof the deal and find a way to figure out her moves. Now what moves did Totodiles usually start with? Heez it had been awhile since she dealt with thise for some reason. For some reason she felt as if a Totodile were an impoetant part of her life at some point...

Riolu had already begun his preparations as Sky's words accidentally flew over his head, living up to his type by swinging a few practice punches. Probably useless considering actual moves had more power, but it never hurt to train the basics. While Riolu had set himself up at Sky's back, the human-turned-Totodile was left free to counter the more immediate and visible threat to their progress: the Shelder.

With Sky moving forward, the Shelder had also taken the turn to move closer as well, putting the two face-to-face against each other. Now the clam Pokémon was standing directly on top of the stairwell (which no amount of physics or wacky logic could explain). Sky would have to do something fast, lest she give away the initiative; it was just unfortunate that she had little to no idea just how Pokémon used moves.

And like flicking a switch, little bits of knowledge from memories yet unknown were coming to her. It was like her new Tododile body had begun remembering some of its muscle memory, but the strange sensation of comprehension was foreign. Why was information relating to the species she was stuck as seeming so... familiar to her? Did she have some sort of relation to Totodiles before this? Did it have something to do with her human memories that were so oddly difficult to recall?

The lack of answers was frustrating feeling, but pondering was best saved for when she was anywhere but a Mystery Dungeon, she had a Shelder to beat down!

Through a mysterious power, Sky remembered Leer! Check your "Moves" Tab for more info!

Through a mysterious power, Sky remembered Scratch! Check your "Moves" Tab for more info!

Sky was honestly nervous as ever. This was her first fight already? How was she even supposed to act? What if she doesn't win? If she died in this dream would she die in real life? They always said that this was the case - dying in your dreams meant you died in real life as well. The idea scared her. Is this how all Pokemon felt when going into battle for the first time? So helpless, defenseless, and downright clueless?!
Luckily for the scared Totodile, by some mysterious power she suddenly remembered her moveset as she faced the enemy Pokemon. Scratch and Leer. She didn't have anything too special. Her level in this current state must be quite low. Maybe she really was at the typical Starter Pokemon level as well. 5? Was that it? Her memory was so hazy. She hated this feeling!! But now was not the time to be worrying about her other memory. Right now she needed to worry about survival.
But how would she even make her moves work? Somehow though, she had a feeling that the muscle coordination would come to her as she went. She figured that since she was by herself that Leer would not be too useful. So she decided to go for her physical attack.
"Okay, here I go!! Scratch!!!" The Tododile exclaimed as she extended her claws, performing the move on the Shelder. She had no idea if the move would connect or how much damage it would do but hopefully it would at least connect.

Exp. Pts.: 97
    To next level: 96

Belly: 99/100

As Sky swung her arm at the offending Shelder in her way; streaks of white began to trail behind her little digits. Her Scratch had honed true, slashing across the feral Pokémon's face and batting it away with the raw force she had put into her swing. Arceus above, where did that sudden blink of freak-strength come from? The impact alone had sent the Shelder careening away to the far end of the room; the swirling eyes and foam coming from where she had to assume it's mouth was very clearly meant it wasn't going to be doing anything anytime soon...

Shelder took 15 damage! Shelder was defeated!

Sky and Riolu gained 9 Exp. Points!

"Not bad there Totodile! A little odd that you have to say what move you're using, but eh: whatever floats your Lapras." Riolu commented from the side, still intently watching the dark hallway. "Well, whoever I saw isn't showing up for a little bit. Unless you fancy exploring a bit more, just head down the stairs to the next floor; I'll be right behind you!"

Moving to the next floor certainly did seem like a good idea, but then Sky had no idea if there was anything helpful lying around on their current floor. A faint twinkle of reflected light near the corner of the room caught her attention, but was investigating that potential object worth sticking around that little bit longer? Riolu was still waiting by the hallway in case the mystery Pokémon he saw earlier did arrive...

Last edited:
Wow. It was really that easy? Sky hadn't expected to be able to defeat that Shelder in one attack but it somehow happened. There must have been a significant level difference in the two for this to happen. That and perhaps she did have decent stats in this body. Nonetheless, she was glad to have had success in her first fight, seeing the Shelter fainted out away from them.
"Eh....it....well just happened...." the Totodile sweatdropped as she heard that Rioku had hesrd her shout the name of her move. She honestly sort of thought that she had to in order for it to work so it probably sounded akward to one who may know that this is not the case at all. "Anyway....I think I'll do a bit of exploring. I have a feeling that there might be something useful here."

Sure, she was scared as ever of possibly dealing with another fight and she knew that they needed to hurry and get to the theives before they did only Arceus knows what to Riolu's precious scarf but the glimmer had caught her attention. Surely something else was in this room and it might be useful. Afterall, who knows how many floors this place has so who knows how much more they need to endure? They can use any and all items they can get! She was also reassured by the fact that Riolu had the enterance covered. He would be able to handle it if something did come and surely he had more expirience fightinf than she did. So she decided to take a look in the south end of the room, towards where she had seen the glimmer coming from, and hoped that it was somethkng useful.

Exp. Pts.: 106
    To next level: 87

To Sky's probable disappointment, the little glimmer that caught her eye turned out to be nothing special. It was just a bunch of coins haphazardly strewn about and cold to the touch, which meant nobody had touched them in quite awhile, if ever. It was a bit of a letdown; something like a rock or a berry would've been infinitely more useful than a small handful of coins!

Speaking of said coins, they were nothing like any currency Sky could think of. They were all perfectly rounded tokens of gold(?), stamped with a large "P" indented into the center of every coin. Ignoring the apparent fact that Pokémon in whatever reality Sky was in used the English Alphabet, Pokémon used currency? The idea of creatures like them being societally developed enough to need concepts like currency just felt... odd. Well okay; Riolu having worn a scarf before it got nicked was probably a hint that Pokémon in this dream had concepts like clothing.

Sky picked up 42 Poké.

"Incoming!"

The unconscious form of another Shelder flew into the wall just mere feet away from where Sky had been standing, with the perpetrator having the decency to look a little sheepish from what he had just done. "Whoops; sorry 'bout that! I don't know my own strength sometimes!"

Let's go back a minute and see what Riolu had been up to during all that...
While Sky had been examining the coins she'd found, Riolu had gotten some action of his own. A Shelder not unlike the one Sky had beaten scuttled out from the darkness of the corridor, bashing into the canine in a sort-of makeshift attack. To both parties' surprise, Riolu had suffered a negligible amount of injury, so little that he would've laughed.

Shelder used its regular attack! Riolu took no damage!

"Wow... I was expecting a little more than that." He deadpanned, staring at where he had been struck. Not even a bruise. "Well, at least I get some practice out of this! Try this on for size!" Before the offending Pokémon could get the chance to follow up, Riolu rushed at it with his own counterattack. A sinister set of black jaws formed in front of Riolu's face as he leapt, mimicking the movements of his real mouth as his Bite found purchase on Shelder's... shell.

Shelder took 13 damage! Shelder was defeated!

Sky and Riolu gained 9 Exp. Points!

Now it was important to remember that Riolu was a canine-species of Pokémon... and that canines had a habit of violently shaking their heads whenever they bit anything... You can probably guess what happened next.

"Uh-oh... Incoming!"

Last edited:
Sky blinked as she found that the glimmer was indeed no berry or potion but just a bit of gold coins. It did strike her as odd that Pokemon had currency and it struck her even more that said currency was just hanging out here in a line in this odd cave. This dream really was something else. But something about Pokemon having a developed culture made her interested. What sort of things did Pokemon care about? What social norms did they have? What traditions? She found herself eager to learn though she was sure that she woukdn't be in this dream world much longer so she probably wouldn't be able to find out.

No sooner could she pick up the 41 Poke, she yelped in surprise as an unconscious Shelder went fkying by her. Luckily, it had just missed her. Geesh. She didn't even WANT to know what it might have been like to get unexpectedly hit by something going that fast.
A look of releif came over the Totodile's face when she heard that it was Riolu who flung the poor Shelder. He was successful on his fight too. Good. Even though they barely knew each other, Sky wasn't sure what she would have done if Riolu had ended up passed out here. Glancing at her partner to be, she smiled as she waddled over.
"Looks like you took care of our little 'friend', huh? Well, I managed to get ahead and get us a little bit of money. Nothing too special. If you're ready, I think we're good to move on to the stairs."

"Let's get a move on then. The Dungeon here might not have many floors to it, but we're going at a rather slow pace." Riolu said, hopping over and down into the enveloping darkness of the stairs a scant few seconds ahead of the Totodile. With little reason to remain on the floor, Sky followed the blue canine down into the darkness.

If Sky was weirded out by how the stairs looked, then actually walking down those same stairs was even weirder. The instant she was swallowed by the darkness, it was as though she had been transported to some hellish purgatory. No matter how much she tried to squint her eyes, her vision didn't extend beyond her arm's reach before being cut off by the inky-black void. It was the exact same situation when she tried to look back up the way she came; all signs of the floor she had come from was replaced with that same eerie darkness.

And yet, just as quickly did she enter the stairs did she leave it.

Screenshot_20210705-205329.png

Suddenly, Sky was no longer walking down stairs with darkness at her front and back. As if she had never moved at all, she was in a completely new room; the stairwell she had just exited was nowhere in sight. Riolu was just to her right, his eyes wandering the new room they had found themselves in.

"Hmm... Nothing but a Wonder Tile in here with us, and we've got three ways out of here." He commented. The two of them were situated near the northeastern corner of a massive room, one easily twice the size of the one they'd first started out in. This time there were three entrances to dark hallways, one on the far wall to the right, and two on the far left. Aside from a strangely square tile with a massive green arrow on the ground nearby, the large room was lonely; no hostile Pokémon, no items, not even a coin...

Sky flinched lightly at heaeing they were going a bit slow. She was hoping that Riolu didn't see her as some sort of liability due to going a bit slow. The theives weren't going anywhere but they did need to hurry things up. Who knows what they might do to Riolu's scarf if theu kept it.
"R-right! Let's keep going!!" the Totodile stammered as she made her way toward the steps and through their inky void. Dear Arceus, why did this dream world have to be so weird?

When they reached the next floor, Sky looked around, seeing the steps theu just went through were gone, just as the entrance had disappeared on the first floor. She supposed it was just another akward feature of this dream and decided to focus her attention on the dungeon in front of them. She had to be a bit faster! She tilted her head as Riolu mentioned the Wonder Tile.
"Wonder Tile? Is that what that green thing is? What is it for?" she asked curiously while makong her way forward, knowing they had the whole rest of the dungeon to go. She decided to go with instincts and move to the left. "The left path did us well last time. So let's go there again this time, Riolu."

Belly: 98/100

Riolu hummed as he followed closely behind Sky, quickly explaining his earlier comment. "Wonder Tiles are weird things; you step on them and... returns you to normal for lack of better words. Doesn't matter if you were feeling stronger or weaker; those things restore you to your natural strength." He said as they wandered into one of the two paths on their left.

The two paths had turned out to unify into one just a few steps into the dark, and reaching the end into a smaller room revealed yet another set of two paths on the western wall. No items or Pokémon to note, so Sky and Riolu quickly chose one of the paths and pressed onward. Not that the choice mattered; the two paths turned out to merge into one again like the last corridor they took, and this time around they came into a room in similar size to the one they had started out in. And not too far off...

"Staircase dead ahead!" Riolu enthusiastically shouted and pointed, not that his input was necessary; Sky had perfectly working eyes. Indeed, the stairs leading to the next floor below laid just a stone's throw from her, and a small shape of blue could be spotted to her south sitting along the eastern wall of the room they had just entered. Heck, one of those Wonder Tiles Riolu had just been talking about sat nearby on her right, just within a step of standing on. "You really seem to have a knack for navigation Totodile. I should probably leave the judgement of our next move and whatnot to you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back