• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Nyhm

BirthOfEden
This is going to be based in Saltmarsh, a port city full of merchants, fishermen, politicians, dwarven miners, and cultists.

For anyone familiar with the Ghosts of Saltmarsh D&D setting, it is the same. I'd like to explore the area around so that I can better implement it into my RL gaming sessions.

I don't know what all rules most people use here, but keep it reasonable (No god-teir characters that destroy the world whenever they get mad)

Entry to Saltmarsh:

The inhabitant's moods fluctuate wildly depending on a good or bad day of fishing. Today happened to be a great day for catch in Saltmarsh and most of the patrons are now filling the local taverns to joyfully celebrate their fortunes.

One specific tavern known as the Empty Barrel struggles to find business tonight after an eventful week of cleaning the remnants from a massacre. Only last week the Empty Barrel was the top-producing bar in all of Saltmarsh when the Scarlet Brotherhood decided to sabotage the business.

The Scarlet Brotherhood is know to be a cultish-political organization with desires known only to their own. The owner of the Empty Barrel, Katrine, has offered a hushed payment to anyone who can infiltrate the Scarlet Brotherhood and provide her with a reasonable explanation for their attack so that she can counter depending on the news.

She promises anyone who brings viable information on their plans a reward in real estate - The Manor on the Hill (An ancient landmark passed down from Katrine's great-grandfather who was a renown occultist in Saltmarsh. The Empty Barrel was her life and now it's halls have been forever haunted with the souls of the hundreds who died in the magical fire last week. The word "Caregiver" burnt into the walls above the hearth of the Inn.

Looking for 3 other players, open to all suggestions etc etc.

((OPEN Thread: Fantasy - Ghosts Of Saltmarsh (Open)

Last edited:
This sounds pretty neat, surprised it hasn’t received more attention. I’m interested!

Looks like you have enough people now, but hit me up if you need a backfill!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back