• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Pirates of the Darkening Skies - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I think I'll be going for a pilot specialized human! Should that be the case, they would work pretty closely with a navigator.
Certainly open for some background between the two of us - at least, that way two people take the blame for wrecking the ship.

Not quite sure how easy it'll be for the pilot to get into the melee if we're doing the boarding (which is usually the pirates' plan, right?) - that said, I like fancy, magical steel that stops 'em from getting me.

I'll look through the character creation over the next few days, see how well I can figure out stuff. I recall that it's not all that complicated, but it's been some time. Might need some advice and input along the road, but let me read through stuff first.

If anyone else has an idea where they're headed - lemme know if you think there's a common background to be found, I'm open to suggestions.

Also, here's something relevant for you, Silanon.

The Awakened Wood is suffused by a biological magical network through which Crantiré can link their minds, a kind of simulated reality in which growing saplings are educated and communications are enacted, called The Roots.
Freshly planted Crantiré spend some time in a pre-sapient state, but over time they awaken to a limited awareness with the Roots, a limited psychic realm where they learn about themselves. They can spend decades exploring the dreamstate of the Roots in a spirit-form, learning from the vast repository of knowledge kept therein, and speaking with mature Crantiré who connect to the Roots. The deep and complex schemes of the Crantiré are partially conceived by the mingling of minds in the Roots.
By the time they're mobile, a Crantiré is as mature and educated as an elder of other species.

As for goblins. That amazing. I can now try to enter a bank and attempt to get a loan from Mel Brooks. Makes me highly attempted to try them.

I'll stick with a simple 60 xp then! Lol cause I can get pretty wild with having too much with back stories.

Are characters that arent magic or on a transcendent path capable of being compared to others in terms of game balance? If not. Having some arcanotech engineering in a background could be pretty handy for a helmsman.

Certainly open for some background between the two of us - at least, that way two people take the blame for wrecking the ship.

Not quite sure how easy it'll be for the pilot to get into the melee if we're doing the boarding (which is usually the pirates' plan, right?) - that said, I like fancy, magical steel that stops 'em from getting me.

I'll look through the character creation over the next few days, see how well I can figure out stuff. I recall that it's not all that complicated, but it's been some time. Might need some advice and input along the road, but let me read through stuff first.

If anyone else has an idea where they're headed - lemme know if you think there's a common background to be found, I'm open to suggestions.

Hmm yes, very true
Can't very well board if I got to fly the ship. But! Even I get boarded sometimes.

giphy (1).gif

So yeah! The thought of defending the sharpshooter did come to mind. But could also do that with a shotgun or something :3

Will have to explore what I can do or get away with in terms of equipment and weaponry.

Yet, I could also get into onboard weaponry to balance not being able to board.

As of now! I'm thinking of two different quickly done rough drafts. Their viability is in question and yet to be fleshed out. To come up with commonalities. Would need to know some more about your dryad.

1. Normal human focus: Once a member of crew of a famous sky pirate. From lowly cabin boy, he worked his way up to taking the helm. Yet, the life of risk caught up with the Captain, and she was felled during an ambush. Our character barely survived by piloting crash landing the ship, and was one of the few survivors. But rather than give up, the final words of the captain inspired him to find his way back to the skies.

2. Transcendent human: A talented young man who found his way into the initiation of the Arcanotech engineering guild. Much he would learn, but their zealous natures proved too extreme. And his lack of conviction was looked down upon. Yet despite their apprehension, his wonder was never quelled. His tastes more to operation than building. Disdain for him reached a fever pitch when he stole(figuratively) the heart of a djinn that powered one of their latest crafts. Their experiment seemed ruined, they expelled him. But not before he returned and stole(literally) the craft, planning to see she would be used to her fullest.

Are characters that arent magic or on a transcendent path capable of being compared to others in terms of game balance?

Balance is a myth.

Which is to say, anyone can be tricked, killed, or convinced if you're clever about it and acquire the right tools for the job.

Balance is a myth.

Which is to say, anyone can be tricked, killed, or convinced if you're clever about it and acquire the right tools for the job.
Speaking of tools for the job. Will you be giving us a specific airship or would one of us need to come up with one?

And aside from the propulsion models listed in the doc, are there any other features to consider?

I am tempted to have you start with no ship and have the initial adventure be about how you acquire one, and I'll give you options to buy/steal/win in a drinking contest.

The ships section is the most underdeveloped right now, so we can talk about options once we have a crew hammered out and idea of how you want to operate.

Cool beans! Well I will next the one about stealing a ship and working for the Arcano techs.

Will go with a former pirate looking to get back in the air.

And time to see what I can do and get away with!

Are the djinn hearts from the endjinn ships something that can be taken? Like, say if one wanted to use it for something else. Or just really liked that djinn.

Are the djinn hearts from the endjinn ships something that can be taken? Like, say if one wanted to use it for something else. Or just really liked that djinn.

I don't see why not, although keeping all that power contained is going to be difficult.

Well, without extensive socialization the djinn is, by mortal comprehension, barely more sapient than a clever dog and is much like an ongoing explosion condensed into the rough shape of a person, yearning to 1. be free and 2. burn shit. Without an entire ship's systems to siphon off their power, you would need a powerfully enchanted vessel to keep them in and to open it very carefully.

Well, without extensive socialization the djinn is, by mortal comprehension, barely more sapient than a clever dog and is much like an ongoing explosion condensed into the rough shape of a person, yearning to 1. be free and 2. burn shit. Without an entire ship's systems to siphon off their power, you would need a powerfully enchanted vessel to keep them in and to open it very carefully.
If dnd taught me anything, it's that I need to seduce that fireball.

If Exalted taught me anything, it's that I need to turn that romance fireball into a flamethrower or other overpowered device that DM's of other mechanical systems would have a heart attack over.

You really need to check out my other RP, Nine Billion Names, you know. I think you'd like it a lot.

Sorry for the silence! I’ve been combing through the lore and the google docs to try and get a grasp of things. I’m completely new to this form of RP so it’s a bunch of new information.

With that said, I’m pretty interested in creating a Scion from House Dellebron. Not set about any specifics yet

Sorry for the silence! I’ve been coming through the lore and the google docs to try and get a grasp of things. I’m completely new to this form of RP so it’s a bunch of new information.

With that said, I’m pretty interested in creating a Scion from House Dellebron. Not set about any specifics yet

If you have any questions at all, ask away! This is definitely my most slapdash collection of documents so I understand if it's a challenge to parse.

You really need to check out my other RP, Nine Billion Names, you know. I think you'd like it a lot.
I thinking seen that one around. But passed over it cause there was a lot of stuff to read. I'll have to check back in on it to see what its about.

Also I am very fluent in slapdash and it is, I daresay, my specialty.

Well damn, I thought in total there was way less than this game.
I think I was looking at a bunch of brain melting Exalted handbooks at the time. So anything longer than a sentence overloaded my already strained mental capacity.

Fair - I have a soft spot for Exalted and I like a lot about 3E, but you would have to pay me actual cash money to make me run it because just putting a character together melts my brain.

Fair - I have a soft spot for Exalted and I like a lot about 3E, but you would have to pay me actual cash money to make me run it because just putting a character together melts my brain.
Exalted quickly became my favorite once I learned it. And I think I now prefer 3e over 2e.

And I'm with you there. I can't imagine trying to actually run one.

Thankfully once i started understanding things I enjoyed the character creation aspect. It helped I had good GMs to help.

However... I do everything on this site from my mobile device(I dont have a computer) thay provided most of the challenge for me.

Which brings me to another question! Do you mind if i alter the CS a bit to make it easier to work with? Such as not using those grid charts, for example.

Your setting's intriguing and I wouldn't mind trying an exiled noble-turned-Chronomancer on a Roaring Rampage of Revenge, who plans to rally disreputable forces to overthrow the entrenched boomers-I-mean-patriarchy-I-mean-noble family she comes from for the good of her people.

Sadly, last week was a business trip and I'm flying all day tomorrow for another business trip. My bandwidth is pretty tapped until next week.

If you end up filling up on players, awesome, go forth and game excellently for there's always another game or two of yours I can play in instead. :)

Checking out the billion names to see how that goes. But in the meantime. Got plenty of things to figure out here!

What sort of "power level" are we starting out with or that you would like to see us play? So that I have a sense of scale. I'm not too familiar with your GM ways yet so trying not to go full ham until I get a better of how you wish us to play.

Your setting's intriguing and I wouldn't mind trying an exiled noble-turned-Chronomancer on a Roaring Rampage of Revenge, who plans to rally disreputable forces to overthrow the entrenched boomers-I-mean-patriarchy-I-mean-noble family she comes from for the good of her people.

Sadly, last week was a business trip and I'm flying all day tomorrow for another business trip. My bandwidth is pretty tapped until next week.

If you end up filling up on players, awesome, go forth and game excellently for there's always another game or two of yours I can play in instead. :)

You know, that would make a great concept for the captain...
No rush, I have writing to do for Itzacon next month (hoping pick up the National again this year) so we're not starting in a big hurry.

Checking out the billion names to see how that goes. But in the meantime. Got plenty of things to figure out here!

What sort of "power level" are we starting out with or that you would like to see us play? So that I have a sense of scale. I'm not too familiar with your GM ways yet so trying not to go full ham until I get a better of how you wish us to play.

I usually go for quite low-power, but in this game I suppose you could say we're starting at Terrestrial Exalted and going up from there over time.
That said, the last campaign I ran, the most deadly and competent crew member among Magi and Scions was an ordinary human mercenary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back