• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Persona-inspired, Code Vein/vampire aesthetic

satanael

it's showtime !

• They who fight monsters... Imagine, for just a moment, that the human psyche were tangible. What shape would it take and how would it behave? This line of thinking was what gave birth to the entities we now call Shadows: Negative emotions given form.

Shadows are, by nature, malevolent entities. Aggressive and mindless, they will stop at nothing until they've engulfed their prey and assimilated them.
    Those who hunt Shadows, we call them Eidolons. We know not where they came from, or why they awaken, but we care only that they can hurt, maim, and eradicate the Shadows.

But do not be mistaken, for the Eidolon is not a savior. No, the Eidolon is as much a monster as the fiends it fights.

I'm in the planning stages of the story trajectory and looking for someone to co-mod this with me!

Rather than wait and see what Persona 6 is going to look like, I thought that creating my own Persona-esque cast and plot was fair game. Lo and behold, this is what I've ended up with:
  • Overarching Thematic Narrative -
    "Remember your humanity, and forget the rest."

• The gimmick aesthetic -
    In this world, there is a process by which the deceased can be reanimated. Those who are brought back to life are called "eidolons", and they suffer from an affliction known as shadelust. An eidolon must feed upon Shadows in order to maintain their rational mind and/or personality. Failure to do so will result in a state of catatonia, not unlike P3's Apathy Syndrome.

• The Main Cast -
    The Coven, a brood of recently sired eidolons with no commonality other than the timing of their resurrection. (Our answer to the Investigation Team or The Phantom Thieves). As with all eidolons, they cannot venture out at day for fear of turning into dust.

• The Thralls -
    Humans whom collaborate with eidolons in exchange for a modicum of their power. (Non-party member social links/confidants).
Things that still need to be plotted/explained:
  1. Whether or not actual Personas will play a role, considering eidolons themselves already possess supernatural abilities.
  2. Eidolon abilities & weaknesses.
  3. Eidolon clan lore & cultures. (Thinking there'll be 5-6 distinct clans, ala Masquerade).
  4. 6/21 edit: Instead of established clans, there will simply be eidolon variants in the vein of Tokyo Ghoul kagune. Additionally, each eidolon variant struggles with some aspect of humanity.
Who you can play!
  • 1 Coven Member, 1 Thrall per writer. (This limit is subject to change, but it's something to start us off with)!

Last edited:
I haven't played any of the games because I suck at gaming but I watched P5A and it's pretty cool so interest piqued.

heck, thanks for sharing!

I'm super hyped for Bloodlines 2 which is yet another big source of inspiration. I also thought it'd be nice to try and break away from the high school aged cast that's been so prominent for the past three Persona games. With the whole not-being-human-anymore angle, I figured it'd be more appropriate if the characters we thought up were at least in their mid-20s if not older.

I'm interested. I haven't played the games but I've watched gameplay for 4 and 5 and the anime adaptions and watched gameplay for Bloodlines.
I like Malkavians best.

you guys are all awesome

any thoughts on characters you'd write or what sorts of clans you'd want to see? i'm trying not to outright copy what bloodlines has established but we'll see what i can come up with over the weekend.

Ideally, the existence of eidolons would be kept underwraps and there'd be far fewer of them compared to regular ol' humans. I'm thinking a secret society, or even—maybe instead of clans, it's just a bloodtype which determines your abilities.

Blood types is good thought. I think it would be tricky without copying bloodlines clans as they are essentially based on the various aspects and assassinated with vampire. Eg tremere blood magic, nosferatu bat like appearance, toréador charm and so on. In any case I think a simple method for clans should be based on classic classes, Eg the warrior clan, mage clan and so on.

We can break away from established vampire traditions as they aren't entirely vampiric by nature.

They aren't compelled to hunt humans, for example, and they draw some form of sustenance from Shadows.

The main commonality is that they're no longer human, possess inhuman abilities, and they can't venture out into the sun.

I think what I'll do is associate eidolon differences with vices or flaws. What sets one apart from the next is their magic/weapon type as well as what aspect of humanity is difficult for them to tap into. For some, it could be empathy. For others, it might be a sense of identity or self-preservation. Some would be naturally more aggressive and solitary whereas others cling to whatever semblance of community they can find.

I'd be super down to join this. I've played P5 and P3, and I'm fairly well versed in the World of Darkness that Vampire the Masquerade (both the game and table top RPG) that it came from, so even if this isn't the old stereotypical vampires, I have some knowledge.
Plus I like vampires.

As long as we stay away from the more...not good parts of World of Darkness and Vampire the Masquerade/Requiem it should be fine.

I think what I'll do is associate eidolon differences with vices or flaws. What sets one apart from the next is their magic/weapon type as well as what aspect of humanity is difficult for them to tap into.
I like this.

As long as we stay away from the more...not good parts of World of Darkness and Vampire the Masquerade/Requiem it should be fine.

Would you mind elaborating on what aspects you didn't care for? I'm curious to know, so I can factor it into the lore-building.

Would you mind elaborating on what aspects you didn't care for? I'm curious to know, so I can factor it into the lore-building.
None of it's likely to make it's way into what you're doing since you're not adding in the full lore so it should be fine. White Wolf's had issues with edgelording and such in their properties, that's all.

LMAOOOOOOO

What kinda mascot did you have in mind? The edgier the better. Step aside Phantom Thieves, we have a new posse in town.
I was thinking a werewolfy thing? Since all of the characters are supposed to be not-vampires, but having a bat would be too forward.

I'm just here to say Im interested, I've played 4 persona games and I love the series. I haven't read everything but I'll let you know the premise has intrigued me.

Edit: I've read everything now, I'm completely ready and prepared! I'll tell you now though, i have to leave RPN in 6 days, and I'll be gone for a month and 7 days so would it be alright if i came in late?

Last edited:
I'm just here to say Im interested, I've played 4 persona games and I love the series. I haven't read everything but I'll let you know the premise has intrigued me.

Edit: I've read everything now, I'm completely ready and prepared! I'll tell you now though, i have to leave RPN in 6 days, and I'll be gone for a month and 7 days so would it be alright if i came in late?

Hey there! I actually don't know when this group will be going up. A lot of people have expressed interest, but I haven't received much input. If I'm going to be planning everything by myself, it could easily take a month before I actually had something ready to join.

Hey there! I actually don't know when this group will be going up. A lot of people have expressed interest, but I haven't received much input. If I'm going to be planning everything by myself, it could easily take a month before I actually had something ready to join.
I can help (in the six days ill be here) if you want me to, what sort of input do you need help with.

I'm not super familiar with the Persona series, as I've mentioned, or Vampire: the Masquerade, but come to think of it I've been super interested in some of the other White Wolf games for a really long time so maybe I could contribute? PM me maybe?

I'm not super familiar with the Persona series, as I've mentioned, or Vampire: the Masquerade, but come to think of it I've been super interested in some of the other White Wolf games for a really long time so maybe I could contribute? PM me maybe?
I'm not familiar with Vampire: the Masquerade either, but I do know a lot of things about the Persona series. (I even know where Ryuji broke his leg and how)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back