• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Peace Sign Academia- follow up search thread (boku no hero RP) (thread)

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

All Might: The greatest hero, The Symbol of Peace.....

briiangelic All Might.gif

Some Feel Safe by His Presence and ever-lasting smile.....

public boku no hero gif.gif

Some disagree with his methods, or think him a fool, but side with him nonetheless...

tumblr_ossix89QHJ1w9o2ggo2_540.gif

Others, hiding in the shadows, despise him and fear him...

tumblr_o7kr621CuI1rz1zo5o1_540.gif

And some, out of admiration, make great actions in his honor
such as the foundation of a new academy for heroes...

mmd_hq_anime_like_front_gate_to_a_school_yard_by_saler1-d7vtl1f.png

Send New Email
New Email Received

The U.A Principal, Nedzu
Our Opening Day
Greetings! How are the days passing for you? Still addicted to that tea we discussed last we met, or have you moved on to a new trend?
I am sending this as a thank you message, and a report. Despite our best efforts and all the wonderful work our educators put into the construction of our academy, I doubt we would have had the permission to ever do something like this project without your support. And the popularity, oh my! I believe I told you about our entrance exams? The students were up to the task, but they still have much to learn. Still there were some great candidates we had. People who could remove and shoot their bones, dragon quirks like that other famous colleage of ours, jets, ingenius plans, well trained bodies and so many other things! I hope the UA had such a good crop as we did this year, our first year as an institution.
The students were then ranked, and sent home, received their letters of admition and we welcomed them. We decided to spin it off a bit, show them they still have a whole path ahead of them by pitying one of ours against the top among them. Naturally, it was her victory. Tell, do you find these methods too extreme? Is it true you plan on hiring All Might?
Now I just hope the students get along with their teachers and dormmates. I wish you a happy and long-lasting peace,
Sincerly, your dear friend and now fellow educator, Haka Shikikan AKA Skin Commander

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wait, the PSA is open?
f004d8247ceefe0c8a4fbe1107c77110.gif
With admirers of all ages
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The PSA ("peace sign academy", although originally named "symbol of peace academy") is a new hero school endorsed by the U.A in an AU a year prior to the events of the boku no hero series. Since it just opened it's doors and already has all this fame, all manner of people have come to attend the supposedly easy to get into hero course. Many failed the harsh exam, but others moved on, stronger and enriched by the experience. What future or perils awaits them in their journey to become true heroes?

Find out, join the PSA today!

DISCLAIMER: This RP already started. This search thread is to look for an expanding player base and maybe one that will one day allows us to become a hosted project. We haven't gotten very far on the IC but we do have a solid and friendly group, so don't be shy, feel free to join :)

Wait, what do you mean it already started? How far into it are you?

We have been an active group since the summer but our actual progress IC has been hindered by several complications. However, we have resisted winds that blow away many other roleplays and these problems are going away bit by bit. We will pick up pace soon, but as it stands, we can easily fill you in on what happened so far :)

In addition, I purposely let space in the student rankings to have new students "have always been there" and the dorms will help you interact with people even if you were having trouble otherwise.
Who's RP is this?

I am the owner of this RP, but I do have a few co-Gms who have been extremely helpful and amazing people: yuckeroni yuckeroni B BlueClover Trombone Trombone and Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser

Of course, though, the RP also belongs to our great community of players, who are too mnay for me to mention them all right now unless I spend the whole night here. However, this RP is a group project first and foremost, so props to them for helping us getting as far as we did!

PS: prays to yuckeroni yuckeroni and the others near or involved in the attacks that took place today
When and where is this again? Isn't Boku no hero in UA?

To allow some liberties, the Rp takes place in a sister school to UA, created entirely by the handwork of it's founding teachers. The RP itself is set on an AU (alternate universe) , starting a year prior to the events of the series.

For the most part, I would recommend avoiding mentions to the cannon at all.
How is this any different from any other Boku No hero Roleplay?

While the roleplay is designed to provide the spirit and atmosphere the show itself gives, there are differences between any old plain BnHA RP, at both the lore, the IC and the mechanical level:

DISCLAIMER: The info below has not yet been updated
First, your characters are not just learning hero work, but also exploring how their quirks can potentially be used in other professions. Who knows maybe someone will make a twist and want to be a florist instead.

Mechanically speaking, the RP will feature three systems, the "Quirk evolution" system, the "job" system and the "secret" system.

Quirk Evolution- By the end of each week, players will receive a certain amount of Quirk Evolution points (or QEP) for their contribution to the RP, IC and OOC alike. Just being frequently present and chatting the OOC can earn you points. But anything from helping improve a plot point, to making interesting suggestions, helping people understand the rules, inviting your friends to come over, etc... So long as it makes a good contribution to the RP, it gains you points. These points can then be used to buy IC or OOC goodies. Your quirk may gain a minor increment. You may get to choose who you are fighting in the first round of a tournament. You may gain an extra vote in a community vote. Villains or other obstacles you choose may come to pose a threat to the students here. You may bring a cannon character for a temporary appearance in the roleplay (like a visit to the school or running into them with your character, or whatever). So remember, be good! :)

Job- People need money. Heroes need money. Peace Sign Academia doesn´t have a lot of it. But we have good news! Peace Sign Academia does allow their students to have part-time jobs on the side, promoted by the academy itself. The students don´t get a full paycheck (the academy takes a cut, but covers up for the student if they mess up or if they have to miss a day at work, not to mention finding the job in the first place). Every IC week, your character will get a paycheck from the academy that is larger or smaller depending on your scores as a student, and on the part-time jobs you take.

Secret- Maybe you feel "oh, why does everything have to be in the CS"? I wanted my past and my powers to be an exciting mystery! Well, now you can. Certain parts of the CS will be marked {S}, indicating you can send those to me by PM instead. I will compile them in a place the other players can´t see, and only once you reveal them or someone has a good enough guess will I add it to your actual CS. Until then, so long as it exists somewhere, you can keep it a secret! ;) You don´t HAVE to do it, though, you can just post that information normally.
What characters can we play? Are cannons allowed?

No, cannons are not allowed. You can play either a student that just entered the PSA or a teacher who is already a pro hero, but not an overly successful one. Each person gets three characters at start, thoguh more cna be purchased with QEP.
I don't know much/anything about Boku No Hero but I want to join!

I've had people who wanted to join despite not knowing much about the fandom, so for one thing, spoilers starting from the second season are regulated into spoilers.

Second, I provide a list of facts you need to know to roleplay boku no hero even if you don't know the series itself. It is found in the lore section of the roleplay and is rule for both those that don't and those who did watch the series/read the manga.
So many rules!
I've had problems with specificty in the past about certain aspects of the rules. Even today, you may notice, they are not fully finished remodeling. Therefore there is a big list of them. But don't worry! Minor infractions will usually only get you a warning from me or my co-Gms. Unless you break the rule constantly.
Anything else I should know?

Yes. I am a very particular and very demanding GM. When I make an RP, I aim first and foremost, to make something worthwhile, a memorable anf fun experience that also comes with quality. I won't demand giant super novel posts from you, but I will demadn that you rack your brains, that you try to plan and that you are willing to work with me, your fellows players and the systems I set.

PREVIOUS SEARCH THREAD: Boku no Hero Academia: Peace Sign Academia

So prepare yourselves for an epic adventure...
c90c08430e81e61cc8bf4c198afe8c6f930c0654_hq.gif

Gather your allies and make new friends

uraraka laugh training.gif

Go Beyond Your Limits!

one for all.gif

PLUS ULTRA!!!

What are you waiting for? Come and join the PSA!

tumblr_oqsen8bB231vbbkedo1_500.gif

Are all 20 people active?
I'm interested since I have always wanted to do a fandom roleplay of the universe without canon characters being a big part of the roleplay, so even though 20 is kind of scary I would still be interested in dipping my toes into the water.

Are all 20 people active?
I'm interested since I have always wanted to do a fandom roleplay of the universe without canon characters being a big part of the roleplay, so even though 20 is kind of scary I would still be interested in dipping my toes into the water.
When I said we had about 20 members I was only couting our active members. We do have a handful of members that are currently innactive, plus a bunch that came and gone for various reasons.

Well if its
When I said we had about 20 members I was only couting our active members. We do have a handful of members that are currently innactive, plus a bunch that came and gone for various reasons.

If its even possible to join in, I would love to join.
Maybe even play a villain if you needed one for something to go down.

Well if its

If its even possible to join in, I would love to join.
Maybe even play a villain if you needed one for something to go down.
Well, as I said above, I wouldn't have made this search thread if we were not open and craving new members. This roleplay has a very open, inclusive and enthusiastic community (some are even planning on having multiple generations with older players gradually going from students to pro heroes and new players coming in with students of their own, in time), so we'd love to get new peeps :)

Regarding the villain thing, while your actual characters can't be villains, the QEP system does have a purchase of a villain, even a whole arc centered around that villain.

Well, as I said above, I wouldn't have made this search thread if we were not open and craving new members. This roleplay has a very open, inclusive and enthusiastic community (some are even planning on having multiple generations with older players gradually going from students to pro heroes and new players coming in with students of their own, in time), so we'd love to get new peeps :)

Regarding the villain thing, while your actual characters can't be villains, the QEP system does have a purchase of a villain, even a whole arc centered around that villain.

In that case I am interested in joining. Do I just go to the original thread and go through the steps from there?

In that case I am interested in joining. Do I just go to the original thread and go through the steps from there?
There is a link above the Kirishima gif. Go there, then check our rules and other info just to make sure you reallly want in, then tells us you're joining in the OOC and finally get started on your character :)

I mean, I was interested the first time. Honestly, I'm a little surprised this is still going. You seemed to be lacking time and seemed a little frustrated last I remember. Glad you guys are making it work. I may check in on this.

I mean, I was interested the first time. Honestly, I'm a little surprised this is still going. You seemed to be lacking time and seemed a little frustrated last I remember. Glad you guys are making it work. I may check in on this.
Well, yeah. I was lacking time in particular when you came in since I was on a trip abroad.

Props on the setup. I can tell you put some work into this. Also, I liked the music. Nice touch. I'm interested but there's a lot of information to read through so I can't commit for sure until I dig into more of it.

Props on the setup. I can tell you put some work into this. Also, I liked the music. Nice touch. I'm interested but there's a lot of information to read through so I can't commit for sure until I dig into more of it.
Thanks. I thought it would be a fun idea to make the search-thread trailer-like, as it is a sequel to the other search thread. And I understand, the info can be a bit overwhelming at first. I won't Lester you about it, so feel free to take your time :)

I'm reminded a little of the way Persona 3-5 uses the whole "balance your schoolwork with part-time jobs and so on" concept when you talked about this rp's jobs system.

I'll give you what I think about this guy if you're a new reader: He's one of the most dedicated GM's I've ever met, and he's a pretty fun guy to be around.

Well, Idea Idea , as much as I've come to really like MHA and how I'm a fan of your rp's (they're well-structured and built to last), I don't think your stances on posts have changed at all. I'd love to join you guys' community here (especially after how many rp's I've been in have died and how much free time has opened up because of that), but I still really like having relative freedom over my writing style and not needing to worry about editing things again and again until I meet post requirements.

Nonetheless, I wish you guys the best of luck in your rp'ing endeavors and your crusade for new members. Plus Ultra!

Last edited:
I'm reminded a little of the way Persona 3-5 uses the whole "balance your schoolwork with part-time jobs and so on" concept when you talked about this rp's jobs system.
Maybe? Never played the persona games, but they do sound fun :)

I'll give you what I think about this guy if you're a new reader: He's one of the most dedicated GM's I've ever met, and he's a pretty fun guy to be around.
Why thank you! You're a pretty great person yourself, a shame about our differences in structure.

Well, Idea Idea , as much as I've come to really like MHA and how I'm a fan of your rp's (they're well-structured and built to last), I don't think your stances on posts have changed at all. I'd love to join you guys' community here (especially after how many rp's I've been in have died and how much free time has opened up because of that), but I still really like having relative freedom over my writing style and not needing to worry about editing things again and again until I meet post requirements.
I would argue my requirements do allow relative freedom, especially now that I lowered the stance from two to 1 paragraph plus my content minimum, but considering your problem was with the content minimum itself if I am remembering right, indeed it may still not be up your alley. Still, thank you for the consideration and for going out of your way to provide some feedback, I appreciate it! :)

Nonetheless, I wish you guys the best of luck in your rp'ing endeavors and your crusade for new members. Plus Ultra!
Thank you and good luck finding and being in your other RPs! PLUS ULTRA!!! XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back