• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Patient Zero (A Zombie Survival RP)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Marcus and Colt

Marcus got a response from no one for a while until Michael awkwardly tossed a toolbox at him and closed the door behind him, hopefully, they weren’t thinking he was some sort of heartless bastard deep down inside just because he killed the dead redhead known as Rogue in an instant. The man sighed and fixed up the door with the materials he had found before and the help of the toolbox from Michael, at least he took his advice on being useful. Later that night Marcus walked around the house noticing that everyone was still mopey and sad about the whole situation, he could only be happy that the rest of them had survived the overwhelming attack of the snowy undead. “I really wish this was just some sort of nightmare…” he muttered to himself as he then noticed Colt and Ivan making their way back into the Lodge with firewood. This would prove to be useful for the night, at least he didn’t have to worry about the chance of freezing to death in the middle of the night. That was when as soon as he thought that Leli ripped Ivan a new one and had him stop gathering wood, well that’s too bad then.
--
Colt had finished piling the wood next to the fireplace but stopped as she heard Liliana speak up. She blinked as she scolded Ivan for being active when he was supposed to be healing. Colt sighed a little and rolled her eyes as she then turned to her and repeated the same thing. The ex-Marine had to force herself to not roll her eyes or facepalm. She was still incredibly frustrated from this morning. But as much as she hated to admit it, Leliana had a point. Not that she’d admit it.

“Okay- fine. Fine!” she looked up before seeing Michael, “Boy. You still wanna be useful? Yer helpin’ Marcus tomorrow. Ivan, ya heard yer doctor.” she added to the Russian. She knew he would not like it but what could she do? He was the one who fucked his knee up. But she had more to worry about as Ralph then returned with his findings from the autopsy. Once those who did not want to hear the news had either left or were not listening, he spoke.

It took some time for Colt to respond to the whole thing, having to take it all in. She did not like the sound of any of it. And Michael’s response only annoyed her more. That man was going to have to work hard to be useful. She sighed through her nose before finally coming up with a response.

“Thanks, Ralph. Seriously. These are really good findings.” she then let out a sigh, “Look, when the others get back, I want ya to tell ‘em everything. No point sugar coating it. All I ask is that ya don’t say any of this to the kid.” She had never interacted with Milly, but still, this was too sensitive for someone like her. She had to take what Michael had said to value as well, much to her annoyance.

“Not a word from anybody about this in conversation. This is important shit, I don’t want to hear a word of this in casual small-talk. Don’t scare people. All we can do is try and keep this place safe. I want this to be talked about only with a small amount until we know what we are doing.” She said before dismissing them to their own matters. As she sat on the sofa, away

from others. She took out her flask and swirled it a little before looking to see Marcus. She frowned a little. She had not seen the man much since the assault.

“You okay?”
--
Colt surprised him for a moment when she spoke suddenly, maybe she was gonna bring up working with Michael in the morning to get wood as he overheard. “Ya, I’m fine I guess...just hoping no one thinks that I’m some sort of crazy person for killing that woman so easily...guess it was just a reaction from being in this apocalypse and just being in the moment but I think I’ll be fine...what about you though? How are you holding up Commander Colt?” Marcus asked with a slight smile.
--
Colt listened to him speak and shook her head as he talked about killing Rogue, “Ya did what y’had to do.” she said with a sigh, “Ya saved everyone in that room, remember that.” she added before reacting a little to him referring to her as ‘Commander Colt’, which she hadn’t been expecting.

“Dunno if that’s the right name but okay,” she said with a slight chuckle which then morphed back into the stoic-slightly concerned expression which she wore by default. She messed with the cap of her flask, “I dunno really. This day went from zero to a-hundred in nothin’.”
--
He sighed and took time to think for a moment, she was right, he did something that was for the better and he had to understand that. If it weren’t for him they would have probably died right? Even poor Milly and he couldn’t allow that, she shouldn’t have been in this place and he needed to make sure she could at least make it to see her mother, more preferably in a non-zombified state. Wouldn’t want her to get traumatized from seeing her basically dead mother if that was the case. “Ya, I know I know...I’ll just keep trying to make sure it doesn’t get to me.”

Colt expressed herself on the whole situation and he had to nod his head in agreement, it was a pretty crazy day and Colt and he could have died while talking outside just as the incident happened. “Ya, I’m surprised we didn’t die, to be honest, we were outside during the attack…”

The Mad Queen The Mad Queen Hyped_Taco Hyped_Taco FireMaiden FireMaiden

cooltext311138355072126-png.542790

In a way, Andy was right. He had blood traveling to places that could most definitely be better suited for other appendages and it most definitely was a reflection on Luca’s mindset. While the man might have been familiar with hardships pertaining to taking risks that could result in him losing his life, none of which were comparable to the situation he had currently found himself in. Andy loved to talk. Over the past few days, Luca had come to the realization that it was what she did best. However, what Luca did best was not respond. He had no interest in spending what could potentially be his last moments ridiculing the person who he was going to die next to. There was no motivation left for banter. Something was still off with him mentally and he recognized the haziness he was experiencing as such. In addition to these things, the Italian simply had nothing to say.

A majority of the night had been spent with Luca fading in and out of sleep. He had not bothered checking on Andy, but she didn’t move much as the hours progressed. The hair which had covered a small portion of his upper-torso worked in tandem with the girl’s body heat. While it barely added much more comfort, any extraneous bit of warmth he could scrounge up would have to suffice. Minutes turned to hours. Luckily, it did not seem to be getting any colder. That little fire the two had been using proved to survive the night as well. That was more surprising than the blizzard stopping halfway between dusk and dawn. The Italian had been relatively uncomfortable throughout, between Andy’s boney figure using him as a body pillow and the disgusting, dirty excuse of a mattress that’s width was equivalent to a plank of wood.

1465246352_large.pngThe sunlight broke through one of the windows. It was Luca’s acting alarm. His fingers traced the glass that had yet to be removed from Andy’s wounds, something that he could not tend to without tweezers. He carefully removed the girl from his side. If she could get an extra few minutes of sleep, then she should take it. There was no way he was going to get back to sleep. After trying his hardest to not wake her, the man stood up to his feet. He walked over to his pile of clothes and put them on. While they were still slightly damp, the fire proved to dry them out significantly. Enough for them to be comfortably warn, for the time being. Placing them on his body proved beneficial as well. Despite them being somewhat torn and tattered, the rags provided his body immediate warmth.

After a slight shiver, Luca took notice of the fire’s size. He grabbed a wooden chair from the pile of furniture against the door and placed it into the middle of the small fire pit. The Italian lit a cigarette as he watched the flames begin to devour one of the legs. Luca could give a shit if the entire house went up in flames at this point. The warmth would be welcomed, if anything else. Andy might have slept like the dead but even she couldn’t ignore the signals provided by a cloud of dense smoke. Once he was sure that the fire would continue burning, the man’s next move was to check all of the windows.

There were no weird sounds. Things outside looked quite normal. The snow had accumulated about half a foot. Not only would this inevitably slow the two down. It needed to be accounted for when moving forward. If they got a start on late enough in the day, it was possible that the bright sun could melt a good portion of it down. This was not an option unfortunately. Traveling at night would prove to be far more perilous than doing so during the day regardless of the snow.

Maj Maj

coollogo_com-15863223.png
Collab between me and Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal
193599_deltafinish.jpg

I know. Nuts ain’t it.” she unscrewed the cap and took a sip from it. The whisky inside it was cold from being outside with Ivan. She coughed a little, not expecting it to be as cold as that. She looked at Marcus as he talked about the day, “Yeah. I mean… we’re alive.” she said, though she could not stop herself from drifting in her thoughts. How was she constantly surviving? A dark part of her psyche almost wanted her to be killed, or at least maimed during the attack. It would at least have felt as though some justice had been done.

Need to get a fence up. It’d give us a chance if it happens again.” she added, looking up towards the ceiling before shutting her eyes, “Never stops.

--
645fd550c82283a2a0e73e917a92c328.jpg

Ya definitely crazy, and being alive is definitely a good thing heh. I’m glad we made it this far, we are almost like professional zombie slayers.” He said jokingly. The tried woman then closed her eyes momentarily before speaking about getting a fence up. “Well, doesn’t sound too bad but it would be better to do it in the morning if anything. I don’t really know how long we can stay here like this though...we clearly need a bigger place for everyone to stay in, I feel like we should scout out other living areas ya know? What do you think?” He suggested.

--
That's what I've been saying.” Colt didn't open her eyes but her eyebrows lowered into a frown as he mentioned how things were too crowded in this small lodge. And he was right. But Colt was reluctant.

Yer right but,” she looked out the window to see the snow continue to fall, “We can't go out in that. And with the fact there's a baby on the way, we’d fuckin’ drop like flies. And besides. Luca is in charge, no’ me. He’d have to say so. Still, scoutin’ doesn't seem like a bad idea.” She growled a little at that last sentence. At this point, she didn't even want to think about the Italian.

Little- I'm used to bein’ screamed at. Him, drill Sargent, Marcu-” she stopped herself there realising what she had just said, “Can’t bitch too much. He's the leader. I'm just an errand boy sent by grocery clerks.” She grumbled, going for the flask again.
--

He listened as she agreed with him. “Well yea, i know. Maybe we can wait till after the storm and go take a look but that depends on how long it lasts. We weren't really prepared for a snow storm so i'd hate to see how long we last until we all freeze.

He became a bit irritated as she mentioned not being able to do things without Luca's permission. “Colt i don't give a fuck honestly, this is about survival and i'm sure he trusts you to make the right decision that betters everyone. This is the right decision. Trust me.” Eventually Colt started her ranting again but it made sense all the way up until she said his name. “Wait...what? I never yelled at you, whatcha talking about?” He gave a genuinely confused expression.

--
Yeah well, I don’ want ya to have yer legs broken.” She sighed as she finished that sip from her flask as the man then seemed confused about something, “Wait what- oh. I don’t mean ya, I mean,” she sighed in frustration with a slight hiccup, “My ex-boyfriend. Also called Marcus. I can see where the confusion is.” she added. She didn’t like talking about it. She hadn’t thought of Marcus in a long time and she wanted to keep it like that.

--

Hmm well he can't break my legs if you break his first.” He chuckled but the chuckle died down when her ex was mentioned. “I guess that's why you didn't wanna date me huh? Cuz we got the same name and stuff...so why aren't you with him anymore? If you don't mind me asking that is.

--
Colt realised that she had backed herself into a corner and had to answer his question about her ex now. She swirled the flask as she spoke, focusing on it and listening to the liquid inside moving helped her to think about it.

Nothing much to say really. He joined the Marines with me, got kicked out cause he's a fuckin' idiot and,” she huffed, “Well basically he didn’t want to wait for me.” she said with a gruff sigh. She had wanted to forget about that, him taking off with some woman… or was it a man? She could not remember.

--

Oh...i see, must have been rough. Did you ever find someone else? Just asking cuz...you definitely seem hmm...how do i day it? Scared? No not scared, more worried than anything when it comes to getting close to me...kinda interesting that we even had the same name so that probably made it worse.” He paused for a moment. “We don't have to date if you don't want to. Not like its a confirmed thing anyway. I just don't wanna make you uncomfortable.

--

Colt stayed quiet for a while, trying to think about what to respond with. She let out a deep sigh as she then noticed the two girls, Leliana and Jenna giving out bowls of soup. Her stomach grumbled from the scent of it but Colt tried to ignore it. She was then unable to answer his question about if she had met anyone else. She just knew if she answered, it would just cause her to become angry and she did not need that kind of pressure right now.

I mean, I,” She sighed, “I might… Maybe.” she then looked at the man, she wanted to say something positive but she just couldn’t right now. Not with what was going on. “You go get some soup, I’mma wait till everyone eats before I do.” she said.

She took a moment to think before giving Marcus an answer. “I mean, I want to. It’s just, well. I guess we could.” She managed a small smile. “In fact, let's go eat. Don’t want Leliana at my throat again.” As she got up, Brian approached her and gave her his findings about the ammo. They were very low after the attack, something that Colt had expected.

Thanks Brian. Take it easy t’night. Will need yer help tomorrow.

--

Marcus was a little worried at the sound of Colts stomach but she seemed to ignore it. She explained being unsure of everything so far but something seemed to come to mind and she agreed to be with him. “So...we classify as boyfriend and girlfriend now then?” He couldn't help but smile at the thought. She even suggested they go eat, made sense that Leli would get upset if they all didn't fill their stomachs before anything were to happen again. The Silver-haired man gave Colt a peck on the lips as a seal of approval for their new relationship. “Yea let's eat, i definitely don't want her being on my ass about eating, she can be harsh.” He walked with the military woman to the others where they went to eat soup together.
BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27

coollogo_com-26356205.png
44d2418c8ffe276f0dde8e422ee19182.jpg

Milly was simply not in a good place. Her head still hurt a lot from her lack of a nap and the tense atmosphere was not helping. She looked up at Shiona as she seemed to say that playing outside tomorrow would be okay as long as the snow had relaxed and they had cleared away the monsters. While it did reassure her, Milly could not help but worry about the bodies outside. What if they woke back up and attacked them while they slept? But Colt had said she would stay up to keep watch of the lodge while everyone else rested. Milly was unsure as to what to think about the older woman. She was rather scary but she seemed to know what to do. More than she did. She had seen her converse with the man, Ralph over something. It was all hushed whispers, something Milly wanted to ignore. She knew listening in on others' conversations was bad. It had gotten her into trouble before. The youngster shuddered at the memory. She didn't want to go through that again, so she would not ask Ralph.

As she stayed quiet, simply observing everything her stomach rumbled at the scent of the soup being cooked in the kitchen. Milly rubbed it with a quiet whimper, she really hated this. Even though the room was heating up, she was still cold. Everything felt wrong. Being cold, hungry and not home like she was supposed to, it was seriously hurting the girl. She shut her eyes again, trying to remember where she was in reciting the script to ‘Toy Story’ in her head. Film was something Milly was heavily interested in. Not horror films. Never horror films. But now that seemed to be a reality. No. ‘Toy Story’, that’s what she had to think about.

Milly was broken out of her thoughts when Leliana came from the kitchen to the living room, chirping about dinner being served. Michael had already helped himself to a portion, she could not help but be anxious around him. Something about his demeanor and what he had said before still stuck with Milly and worried her. And she had heard Colt berate him over it as well as give him a job. She bit her lip as she waited for others to get their food, not wanting to ask. Once Leliana gave it to her, Milly timidly took her bowl, looking up at Leliana with her baby blue eyes. She mumbled a soft “Thank you,” before looking to Shiona, waiting for her to eat first. Even when she had, Milly waited for everyone else before beginning to nibble herself. She knew she had to wait for others to eat before she did. She noticed that Colt and Marcus seemed to be walking together for food. She hadn't had a chance to thank the man for helping them before so as he passed (despite everything telling her not to) she gave the man's sleeve.

"Um...Th-Thank you for helping us. Sorry for not saying before." she glanced away a little, "That was rude of me." she added anxiously as she rubbed the back of her neck. Milly looked at the man with a slight smile. Before looking to eat, Milly set the teddy, Snowy on the sofa next to her. She gave the bear a few brushes with her hand, clearing her of any dust. The white bear was practically spotless. It would come as a surprise to anyone that she had this bear since she was a baby given its condition.
AR-01393-2.jpg

But as she started eating, Milly heard a while from Shiona as she suddenly seemed to be in a lot of pain and discomfort. Milly put her bowl on the table and scooted closer to Shiona with a concerned whimper and gently grabbed the woman’s hand with a slight squeeze. It was something her mother had always done when she was scared. She fumbled with the blanket a little, wrapping it around the woman. It left her in the cold but at this point, Milly just wanted the woman to be okay. They had already had a loss and after the events of today, she just wanted the woman to be okay. She looked at both Leliana and Jenna, hoping they could do something, all while holding onto Shiona’s hand with little squeezes, hoping to comfort. She didn't like seeing anybody in pain, but it seemed that was going to become more common.
--

The night for Milly was a horrid mix of nightmares and jumping at every noise. By the time the morning came, Milly was incredibly shaky and exhausted. After Shiona had been looked after by the group and she had turned back to her bowl, Milly had noticed that there was now much less in it. The youngster was afraid to ask anyone, so all she could do was assume that she had eaten it but forgot about it since she was worried about Shiona. But now, it was evident that was not the case. Her stomach would not stop grumbling and now it really hurt. But she had no idea what had happened to her meal so said nothing. She did not want to accuse anyone.

Getting up, Milly hugged her bear against her noisy tummy and decided to go downstairs. She wanted to go and look at the snow. As she went down, she saw Colt. The woman had been up all night patrolling the lodge, and she was still in one piece so everything seemed calm. She gave the woman a respectful nod as she then sat by the window, wrapping herself in a blanket as she watched the snow from inside. It seemed to have settled now.

Last edited:
Michael Schmidt.png
Neckbeard dissapointed (2).jpg
Michael had barely touched His bowl when he heard those horrible words come out of Leliana's mouth "you are only getting one bowl" he could not believe she could be telling him that right now, cant she FUCKING ser that if he doesn't este two bowls he will starve?!, No, he knew he had to do something about this so he started formulating a plan to get More food. The moment the soup wasn't on her sight he would server himself more more food.

He waited, and waited.... And waited but Leliana was still near the food "Dammit" Michael said to himself, he knew she was surely keeping a watch on it to be sure he would get nothing more "Fine, i'll have to eat somebody else's food" with a quick glance he checked everybody else near the kitchen and His options were limited, he would not steal from Colt or her... Boyfriend? Cause it would be suicidal to do so, he neither could take from Jenna, the woman who the fat Neckbeard loved and he would not steal from a pregnant woman.

Michael tought about giving up for a moment before he saw her, the tiny girl from earlier had a bowl still full of soup and she was distracted with Shiona, he needed to act quickly, and before Milly could turn around Michael replaced her bowl with his half full bowl.

Michael then began to war from His once again full bowl "Mission acomplished " the man said to himself, not realizing that a lot of people had probably seen him do the act.
Interaction: Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Milly

Ivan woke up slowly on his pull-out couch that lay in the den. He sat up slowly, clutching his knee a bit as he made the sudden movement. His body was stiff and sore, mostly because of the way he'd slept but also because the past few days was the most exercise he'd had in the last few months. He looked back for a minute or two at the events of yesterday. After the attack, he'd been scolded again by Leliana for moving around before being replaced with the fat one in the fence task. Then he'd accidentally eavesdropped on Colt and Marcus and their talk of whether they were dating or not.

Jealousy welled up in him a bit as he clicked his tongue quietly. Why did his stupid knee have to pop out of place like that? Why did he have to be rendered useless as soon as things started getting more important. He stood for a moment, testing his weight on his knee as he looked down at it. Sharp pain ran through his leg and he sat back down on the couch. He slammed his fist on the leather arm of the sofa and sighed quietly. His head hung a bit low as he gripped at the sides of his head as he gritted his teeth together. His kind instinctively began to churn out more and more worst case scenarios, a bad habit of his, and each only sent him deeper into a state of mild panic. Who would want a cripple in their group? If his leg didn't heal quickly enough that crazy Italian would probably throw him out.

Once Ivan was able to calm down a bit, he looked around at the mostly empty den and up at the upstairs bathroom. He sighed again as he approached the stairs, he knew he shouldn't be going up them alone, but he needed a shower and didn't want to trouble anyone by waking them. His face lit up a bit when he remembered what he used to do as a kid to get up the stairs more quietly. He sat down on the lowest step he could handle and started to love up them by using his arms instead of his legs. It made him look like a child, but it worked. When he finally got to the top of the stairs, his sore arms ached a bit as he stood up quietly. He looked around to make sure no one on this floor was stirring before he made his way to the bathroom.

He flicked the light on and flinched from the powerfully bright light that flashed to life. He stepped in quietly before going over to the shower and turning the water to mildly scalding. He slowly stripped down to bareness before catching a glimpse of himself in the mirror. He was covered in small cuts and bruises on his torso and legs. A bright red sight on his hand caught his eye and he looked down at it in surprise. It was where he'd cut his hand on a brick when all of this first started. It had only been a few days, but the wound was pretty freshly scabbing and looked like it might scar. As the mirror fogged up with steam from the shower, Ivan was brought from his reminiscent stupor and walked over to the shower. He stepped in and hissed at the heat that smacked his back intensely before letting it rain down on him. After a few minutes the heat was a Godsend to his cold and deprived self.

He reached around for a bit as he let the water splash on his face until he finally found a bottle of shampoo. He looked away from the stream of downward water long enough to look at the bottles name and contents. It was a woman's shampoo, but hey, who cares. That just meant his hair would be nice and silky once he got out. He opened the cap with a satisfying snap before squeezing some of the contents into his hand. He put his open hand into his hair and started to lather it around, making sure every part of his hair would be clean as he instinctively started to hum quiet songs his mother would sing him when he was a child.

When he was finally satisfied with how clean his hair was, he let the water run over his hair that had been whitened by the foamy soap put into it. As he washed the last of the soap from his hair he finally turned the water off and was faced with the immediate consequences of taking a hot shower in winter.

“Fuck, it's freezing!”

He said quietly as he started shivering in the now freezing temperatures of the bathroom. He stepped out if the shower and grabbed at one of the towels hanging from the rack. He dried himself off as quickly as he could, patting himself down before he slipped back into his underwear and pants. He opened the door to the bathroom slowly and looked around, hoping no one was up. Andy and Luca were gone, so the master bedroom was vacant. This meant he could sneak in and pick out some clean clothes, hopefully without being noticed half-naked. He stepped out of the bathroom quietly and top toed back to the stairs, going down just as he came up, before making a quiet jog/limp to the master bedroom.

When he got to the door, he opened it quickly before stepping inside and letting the breath he'd been holding the hold time flow. He quickly rummaged through the drawers and closet after stripping back down to his underwear, picking out a new outfit quickly before leaving the room.​

Last edited:
cooltext311650301659415.png
coollogo_com-14614608.png
Collab between FireMaiden FireMaiden and Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Colt sighed as she got up to pace for about the hundredth time. She was now struggling to stay awake. Light was coming through the window. The woman rubbed her eyes with a sigh, she hated this so much. Her eyes hurt from the light and her head hurt. She had finished off her flask during the night but there was not a huge amount in it to begin with. The headache was more from sleep deprivation rather than a hangover. She had to stay awake. The night had been uneventful apart from a few scares involving Things stumbling around outside. Colt would sit at the window or door with her sawed-off shotgun until it walked away. Thankfully, nothing tried to break in but it still scared the woman. After pacing, checking the windows and door for the sixtieth time that night, she groaned as she collapsed onto the sofa, taking a moment to shut her eyes, rubbing her sore temples with one hand.

Last night had been rough. Leliana couldn't stay asleep, even with Milly and Shinoa being there, she kept getting up and moving around. Most of the time to the bathroom with waves of nausea, or just to pace to deal with fhat weird out of body feeling. Fucking withdrawl...she had been fine for the past week, but now it seemed to be hitting her rather hard. She knew Colt was still up while she was pacing around, and when Leliana finally managed to fall alseep, she could only hope that the veteran got some too. Coming downstairs the next morning however, she just caught the sight of Colt collasping on the couch. She looked tired, like really tired. Leliana knew that feeling. With a soft sight, she walked past the vet, her goal to put on a pot of coffee so that anyone who wanted some could get it. After a few minutes, she was standing behind the couch and looking down at Colt. "Did you get any sleep?" Leliana asked.

Colt was almost asleep, when she heard a voice behind her. The source being behind the woman caused a reaction in the veteran. She let out a yowl and grabbed her knife from its holder on her cargo pants, “Get back ya- ugh…” she groaned as she noticed who it was, “Don’t do that.” She rubbed her head, picking her flask up but she could tell there was only the smallest amount in it now. She let out a sigh as she drank the last of it before turning to the woman, only now being able to focus on what she had said. “Well, I did say I was doing the night-watch,” she said, her shaggy eyebrows lifting a little, “So… No.” she added with a sigh before looking at Milly staring out the window, “Had a couple of scares during the night but, it’s still safe. For now. Once everyone’s up and fed I’ll send Marcus and Michael out to get wood.” She spoke, all the while looking at the woman from the corner of her eye. She could not help but feel uncomfortable with this woman standing behind her like that. Not after yesterday.

Leliana didn't seem to react like a normal person when Colt let out that noise, grabbing her knife. She did take a slight step back, but there was little change in expression. "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you," she said softly, reaching up to scratch her cheek. She watched as Colt opened her flask, disapointed that was the first thing she thought about. Leliana decided though, not to say anything. She didn't feel like getting stabbed. Flexing her hand, trying to work the tingling out of it, she nodded as Colt explained. "That's good. You could go upstairs and lay down for a little while, it's gonna get loud in a little bit. Or, I put a pot of coffee on." Leliana said this, stepping forward a little so that Colt didn't have to keep side eyeing her like that, "Gotta figure out breakfast though. Any suggestions?"

Colt noticed the woman flexing her hand but did not get a chance to ask about it as she suggested she went to sleep. Colt just shook her head, “I can’t. I gotta make sure everyone’s doing what they’re supposed to.” Her expression then darkened a little, “I don’t want to give that fucker any reason to rip into me again. Arrogant son of a-” she growled with a slight shake of her sore head. She was still very angry about the whole thing. She had noticed the woman's expression about her going for her flask and was instantly more annoyed. But she had other things to think about. The younger woman said something about breakfast, which made Colt realise her hunger. She had eaten after being sure everyone else had. When she asked for suggestions, Colt groaned as she stood herself up, “I dunno. Should go look.” She said as she took a few steps towards the kitchen, looking for the woman to follow. “How did ye sleep?”

"Make sure you at least get a nap today. You can't keep proving Luca wrong if you pass out," Leliana chuckled. She knew what Luca had said pissed Colt off, but that anger is what was keeping her up and going. And for the most part, sober. Well, sober-ish, she defeintly wasn't as bad right now, or even as bad later on yesterday, like she had been. Colt was really stepping up, showing that yeah, she could handle it. It was helping Leliana's nerves quiet a bit actually. If that hadn't happened, who knows what state everyone would be in. She walked with Colt into the kitchen, first going to the fridge. "I can make eggs and bacon? Or a big thing of grits, one of you guys found a bag." She didn't know what to make really, but nobody would complain. At least, nobody should complain. "There's not a whole lot of breakfast options." Once again she was flexing her hand as she looked through what their options were, before looking back to Colt when the older woman asked how she had slept. "Oh uh...well, not great," she said with a shrug, looking back, "It's nothing to worry about though."

“Hate that fucker.” She grumbled before nodding to what she said, “Fine, but after I’m sure everyone’s okay.” She added. She hated how this meant Luca was winning. Seems even when she was in charge his presence lingered. She shook her flask a little with a growl at it being empty. She then sighed and simply followed the woman into the kitchen. She looked around as the woman seemed to try to organise what they could eat. She nodded slightly. “Y’know better than I do. I either don’ ‘ave breakfast or it’s leftover vindaloo.” She said with a sigh. Her digestive system must have been messed up from that toxic mix of alcohol and vindaloo. Colt frowned a little, “Dunno anyone who would complain about bacon ‘n eggs.” She said as she lent on the table and looked out of the window. She rubbed her face with her hand, listening to Leliana as she admitted she did not sleep well. “Well, I can’t blame ya for that. Day was shit yesterday.” She added. She rubbed her temples as she put the flask down on the table. She wanted to take more from her rucksack but she knew that would get her in deeper shit.

She chuckled, "I don't know anyone who complains about them either." Grabbing the eggs, and bacon Leliana sat ghem out on the counter as she began her hunt for the proper tools. She was really hoping that Andy had a cast iron skillet around somewhere, it was great for bacon. Especially thick cut bacon. "Yeah...it defiantly wasn't fun. There's a large chunk in what ammo we had, we made a lot of noise yesterday which could have drawn some attention which is worrying me, and yeah, everything is real crazy." She was also gonna need to go home soon if the sleeplessness kept up, it's not something she could risk. "I'm not going jump on you if you want to go get a drink," Leliana added, grabbing a knife and a cutting board after oulling two pans out of one of the cabinets. "At least not right now. Moderation, ya know? We could have a repeat of yesterday, and you're one of the badasses charging outside and barking orders." Leliana paused, taking a moment to open the bacon package, "I also wanted to apologize for what I said. I uh, well, maybe I didn't word it right, or maybe it seemed like I was trying to attack you. I wasn't trying to, it's just important to make sure everyone is able to function. And I want you to know I wasn't judging you for it, you just can't get a liver transplant in the apocalypse," She said with a small smile, "Sorry. Bad joke."

Colt listened to the woman as she talked about her worries due to the day before. The woman huffed lowly. She knew she had her work cut out for her now that they could potentially have a horde coming any time now. She let out a huff, “Yeah… But we’ll do what we can. I ‘ave ideas for getttin’ this place safe.” She added. But her next statement made the woman freeze. Oh god, not again! Colt folded her arms on her chest, resting her elbows in the table and just remained silent. Nope. She was not going to put up with that crap from her again. Her expression softened a little as she then remarked positively about her performance the day before, before her look of stoic annoyance returned. The war veteran let out a growl in her throat as she spoke. She wanted to believe the woman, but she simply did not want to let her guard down. As she then tried to assure Colt that she was not judging her, the woman puffed through her teeth. Again, could she believe it? No. But she knew if she said anything against it, it could come back to bite her. “Well.” She darted her eyes a little, “Just,” She stammered, what was she supposed to say? She was not expecting an apology from Leliana. Or anyone. “Maybe I just, well, y’all did kinda gang up on me. And the stuff I did the day before? Nope. Not a word.” She huffed before putting her chin on the table, “But…Thanks. Seriously. Just, it did hurt.” She added. Great. She just made it worse by saying that. As she then made that joke about her liver, the woman glanced down, “Heh, well… Good thing I-” she stopped herself. No, she was not gonna go down that road. She just watched as Leliana started cooking. "Need anything?"

"No, I got everything handled. You can just hang out." Leliana smiled, letting out a small sigh of relief, "I know I shouldn't meddle a whole lot, but I know what a depency is like. Not with alcohol, my mom would have actully killed me but uh," she paused, raising her hand to show the slight shake of her fingers, "Withdrawal. I should be taking antidepressants, Zoloft, but I ran out last week. Kinda surprised they symptoms are just now hitting me." Telling Colt this may help her trust Leliana a little bit, cause the teen could feel that the vet didn't. At least, not entirely. "Probably one reason I couldn't sleep."

Colt’s green and bloodshot eyes widened a little as she started to talk about withdrawl. Colt bit her lip and looked away. She knew what that felt like. Upon her doctor’s orders, Colt had tried to quit cold turkey, but ended up being rushed to hospital after collapsing at the mall. It almost killed her. The woman shuddered a little as she thought about it. She did not want to go through it again. Colt looked at Leliana with a sigh, “Well… Marcus and I were thinking of scoutin’. We could get ‘em. Or maybe Owen found some.” She let out a sigh. She was unsure as to why she was talking about the matter like this. Why should she? “If ya told me, I would’ve gotten ‘em.” She looked at the woman in earnest.

Leliana breifly turned away from the vet, putting the bacon strips she had cut into the pan she picked out for it, "It's okay. I probably would have asked if i had thought about it, but...." Leliana shrugged, trailing off a bit. After a few moments, she turned back to Colt. "My point is, me telling you, is that I understand what it's like." Leliana understood more than Colt knew, but she wasn't going to get into that. "I'm worried. I guess that's kinda what I do, but still. In short I guess, you aren't alone." She paused again, "And I'll be okay. If it turns into a real problem I'll ask someone to find them for me. Just promise me you'll try and take a little better care of yourself. I don't want to force food down your throat." Leliana gave Colt a smile, turning back to bacon to move the strips around a bit. "And, I think the coffee's done."

“Yeah but… I’m supposed ta look after y’all.” She frowned slightly. She took her flask again in her hand as she listened to the woman further, as Leliana asked her to ‘take better care of herself’ Colt just sighed, “I mean, I can’t promise but,” she huffed through her nose, “Can attempt I guess.” She added as she saw the woman finishing with the coffee. Getting up, she got herself some before sitting back at the table. While the woman was busy, she put the last of her flask into the coffee and sipped it methodically. She needed to properly think today if she was going to keep leading these people.

"There are more important things to worry about right now. If it makes you feel better though, you'll be the furst person I'll come to if i need some." Leliana loved seeming Colt's determination. And knowing that she had someone she could go to if she really needed to was a plus. Leliana hated feeling like she was bothering other people, she really did, which is a big reason hmwhy she didn't ask. And then cold said she'd try to take a little better care of herself, Leliana gave her a big smile. "That's all I ask." And then, when they fell into silence again, Leliana left it like that. She was focused on making breakfast, and Colt was probably planning something, but the silence at least wasn't awkward.

387728f1dae484b9d3a2556a9332d7a8.jpg
coollogo_com-3379440.png

Claustrophobia was never something that had bothered Owen. He had spent many nights pressed against other bodies in bars and parties, he had no issue moving through crowded stores or hiding in enclosed spaces to wait for one of his targets. And yet, as he sat on the floor of the pharmacy, back pressed against the cool brick, sounds of the monsters separated by only a few desks and a consistently buckling door, Owen knew what the word ment. Being trapped here was one of the worst experiences of his life.

Sarah and him had tried everything to get out. Their choices were looking grim. Either they figured out a way through the locked door or tried to fight through the ever growing mob of monsters on the other side of the unlocked door. This of course also included facing the fast corpse he had seen before barring them inside. Fast didn’t even begin to describe him, the monster seemed to sense when he or Sarah went to try to check the door, and he hoped he had imagined it, but on several occasions Owen could have sworn he saw the handle jiggle.

There was nothing left to do now but to try to wait things out. Eyes on the ceiling, he did his best to keep his breathing calm while he counted the tiles to pass the time. The hours that passed were tense, waiting for the final slam against the door that would mean their demise. He did his best to focus on the tiles. He had always wondered why so many places used such flimsy little squares for the ceilings. Owen had plenty of memories of betting kids he could get pencils stuck in the styrofoam like material from his desk, or jumping up and knocking them lose.

“The ceiling,” Owen spoke softly to himself before feeling the baited breath of hope catch in his lungs. His emerald eyes darted over to Sarah before quickly coming to his feet. He was far too heavy to squeeze through the ceiling, but Sarah was pretty slender and light-footed. If he could get her up and into the ceiling, maybe she could open the locked door from the other side.

“I hope you are still as good at climbing as you were as a kid. Come here,” Owen gestured to his cousin, hands locked to boost her to the ceiling near the door. He didn’t like the idea of sending her into an unfamiliar room by herself, but it was better than sitting in here and waiting for death.

“See if you can get up and into that room, but be careful. We have no idea what is behind that door.” Owen sighed. With any luck, it would be better than what was behind the barricaded one.
Oslonaut Oslonaut

Doctor Ralph Fisher and Jenna
700-00439956en_Masterfile.jpg
EA-007-800x800.jpg

So one person definitely wasn't on board, Michael had shot the plan down but it wasn't like he was military trained or had authority over the group. He'd just got here, and he was scared. The hazmats, the infected, the snow and the isolation of being cooked up in a house with strangers were all things that had the potential to either drive someone insane, or worse: It could kill them.
Itchy trigger fingers, suicidal depression, infections. All things he would have to keep an eye out for and try to prevent.
Brain aneurysms and the likes of sudden death syndromes were things he just couldn't anticipate, sure the former had a few symptoms here and there but it wasn't like he had the tools to prevent it.

While Michael shot him down and stormed off, Colt was seemingly the opposite.
“Thanks, Ralph. Seriously. These are really good findings.” she then let out a sigh, “Look, when the others get back, I want ya to tell ‘em everything. No point sugar coating it. All I ask is that ya don’t say any of this to the kid.”
He wouldn't dream of it.

“Not a word from anybody about this in conversation. This is important shit, I don’t want to hear a word of this in casual small-talk. Don’t scare people. All we can do is try and keep this place safe. I want this to be talked about only with a small amount until we know what we are doing.”
The doctor simply gave her a firm nod in response. He could tell that she had other things to do, so he wasn't about to bog her down. Instead he found a place to sit and went over his notes again.

And again, and again. He had to be sure that he hadn't missed something else and wasn't about to get to work on Rogue's body again, he'd already cut it open and taken out the brain so anything else was just desecration at that point.
Staring out the window, he checked one last time that his notes were in order then set about making a copy.

He couldn't sleep, and he wasn't about to sit around doing nothing. All in all, by the time 3am rolled around he had made three full copies of notes. It wasn't research paper worthy, but it would do for presenting to whatever country or organisation they'd have to run to. Checking over his third copy, Ralph's mind started to wander.
Michael's words had stuck with him.

He was okay with being dubbed an enemy of the state if it meant that the hazmats would stop or he could prevent the parasite from killing more people but what would become of his family? With his mind plagued by the mere idea of his daughter growing up an orphan it took him another two hours to fall asleep in an armchair, his hands still clutching one of his copies.

He shot awake a few hours later as others were starting to move around the house. With his eyes wide, he gripped the notes and safely stashed them away in his bag. Too important to lose and too horrifying for the likes of Milly to pick up and read through.
He made his way to the bathroom next.
-
To say it had taken Jenna a few hours to fall asleep would have been an understatement. If it wasn't for Cammy she wondered if she'd have gotten any shut eye at all. Up until about 1am she moved around the lodge, checking windows and doors. She'd almost bumped into Colt a few times along the way but had managed to keep her distance from the veteran.

She wasn't in the mood for smalltalk and Colt probably wasn't either. Besides, she had Cammy as company and that was all she needed.
"Don't want to fall asleep." She muttered to herself

It was only a matter of time before her body gave out though, and she made her way into the bathroom where she curled up in the tub next to Cammy.
"Just a few seconds. Gonna ge..."
Her eyes closed and she drifted off.

Jenna stood in a dry field with the uncommon British sun beaming down on her. It was empty, say for a few cows she stopped in the distance that paid no mind to her at all. Shrugging, she made her way through the field till she reached a farm and climbed over a metal gate on her way to the house where she knocked on the door.
"Come in." A voice spoke

The girl went to push the door open but it opened by itself and she stepped into the kitchen. An elderly woman in a purple cardigan and spectacles sat at a table.
"Ah, Jenna."
"Doris?"
"So glad you could make it, I'm just after putting the kettle on. I know you Brits don't really drink coffee, so I made tea instead. I hope that's okay."
"Wh-a." Was all she could stammer out

She was handed a small mug of tea and gripped it tightly in her hands while Doris was working on the crossword.
"Almost done with this. Hmm. Large species of ape. Nine across."
Jenna only gave a blank look in response.
"Orangutan." She sputtered out
"Are you okay, sweetheart? You seem..."
"I'm fine. Don't worry. Just homesick." She wore a warm smile

Doris looked back, pity behind her spectacles.
"Oh, I'm sorry. It's the tea, isn't it?"
"It's okay. What's the next one?"

Doris smiled, her gaze returning to the paper "A breed of dog, used mostly as a shee..."
"Border Collie."
"Collie fits. Thanks Jenna."
"No problem."

Marking it down she took a sip from her mug and focused on the final word.
"Another term for red, five down and it has an O in it."

Jenna stared blankly at the paper
"Rogue." Doris muttered "That fits."
"Wh-a...What did you say?"
"Rogue. Like the French word for..."

The girl stood up, backing away from the table and bumping into something. As she moved further away from Doris the elderly woman's face started to fall away like something was tearing away at it until only half of her face remained, bloodied and decayed. As much as the girl wanted to move towards the door, she couldn't. Her legs were rooted to the ground. She tried to turn away from Doris and was instead met face to face with Rogue. Her body and face were decayed, her mouth agape and her glasses cracked. She lunged at Jenna, growling like an animal.

That was when she started awake, Cammy at her side. Letting out a few deep breaths she started to stroke the dog.
"Fucking nightmare." She muttered

The door opened and Ralph stepped inside.
"Oh, I didn't..."
"It's okay. I was just sleeping in here."

He raised an eyebrow "In the bath?"
"Yeah." Jenna smiled "I had to sleep in a bathtub a few times during my uni days. I've kinda gotten used to it."
His eyebrow was still raised
"When my roomate had a.."
"Oh!" It hit the doctor like a brick "Well, I took the armchair. If you ever wanted to swap I'd be..."

She raised a hand, cutting him off "Thanks, professor but I'm okay with the tub. Really."
"Well, if there's anything else I can do just let me know, okay?" He gave her a smile
"I'm gonna get ready."
"Of course. I'll see you downstairs." With that, the doctor turned away and made his way out the door. He stopped in his tracks and looked back at her once more. He may have been smiling on the surface, but he had a bad feeling in his gut.

There had to be something he could do to boost her spirits.
-
With Ralph gone, Jenna cleared her throat, placed a hand over it and stared into the bathroom mirror.
"Ragnarok. Richards. Darkseid. Dog. Devil. Darlings."
She repeated the words once more and then after some other business in the bathroom she made her way downstairs, Cammy in tow.

Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal Hyped_Taco Hyped_Taco King Vioogra King Vioogra BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 Brax Brax FireMaiden FireMaiden

Last edited:

By the time Warren reached the other side of the street, Tre had already gone around to the front of the man. Warren quickened his pace, approaching from behind, “Hey, hold up.”

“What’s going on?” Marty blurted out. He would have phrased his question in a more specific and polite manner, but amidst the gore and freezing cold, that was the best he could manage.

“The fuck you mean what’s goin’ on? Shit’s a fuckin’ ghost town, my guy. It’s cold as fuck, and errybody is dead. You see those two dudes right over there? They didn’t wanna help us out. But we ain’t dead. And you ain’t dead. And we need some shelter, so I wanted to ask you if you could help us still-livin’ brothas out. You seem like you got a place to go. Where the fuck you goin’, Bruce Lee?”

Warren caught up behind the man who had stopped between him and Tre at this point. “Just tell us where you're headed. In return, we'll provide you safe passage.” He gave the man a look that prodded an answer from him.

“I haven’t got anywhere to go…” Marty began, before stopping mid-sentence and sneezing into his scarf. He wiped his frozen nose vigorously, sneezed again, and then looked back at the two. “I was just about to ask you both, in fact. I came straight from… the hotel down the street”

Tre listened as the man spoke, watching his mannerisms carefully. He didn’t seem as though he was harmful, but he potentially had some sort of illness. Either that, or he was an immigrant that was not familiar with the weather. After Marty mentioned that he came from a hotel down the street, Tre assumed that the man must had left because it was no longer safe. The boy’s hues momentarily looked over to Warren, before looking back at the man in front of him.

In Marty’s mind, as the words spilled out of his mouth, it sounded like a complicated morass of syllables thrown together into a soup. As he attempted to communicate, Marty suddenly felt a throb in his temple.

“Can I stick with you?”

He would have added that he suddenly had the urge to sleep, despite it being bright, but decided at the last moment that amidst the bodies and the biting cold, it probably wasn’t the best time to be taking a rest, headache or not. Muttering an inaudible curse as he felt the side of his backpack (and realising that he had forgotten to bring his thermometer with him), Marty sheepishly grinned at Warren and Tre.

“Think we should… umm… go raid a pharmacy or something”, he added. “As a matter of fact, I’m not feeling that well either…”

Tre lifted a hand to rub his forehead. He was unsure of what to do. There was a deadly virus going around. Was it intelligent to let someone who was so sick stick around them for an extended period of time? If Tre was stuck in the same position, he would want help. He let out an aggravated sigh and then looked up at the foreigner. His english was manageable and he had been honest. Then Tre looked back over to Warren.

“A’ight fam. Let’s go scope that Russian pharmacy a few blocks up Raleigh Ave. If the coast is clear we can kick it there fo' the night. We can keep tabs on this dude. If he turns, i’ll take’m out.”

TheTreForce TheTreForce Mynah Mynah

“Don’t go far Andy!” Owen called to his sister as she went to explore the rest of the playground. She turned around, her red pigtails whipped around as she did so. Her hands went on her hips, which hardly looked intimidating from a girl of the ripe age of six. Andy’s ruffled green dress covered white dress tights tucked into strapped green shoes. The Jordan’s had just gotten out of church, and at the sight of Owen’s best friend had convinced their mother to stop and let them play at the park.

“Don’t call me Andy! I hate that. It’s a boys name!” Her brother only laughed and she spun on her heels. He had always called her Andy, ever since they were little. It may have started because he had a hard time saying Andrea when he was really little, or maybe just as a pet name. Like most nicknames, it just sort of appeared on his lips and stuck.

Owen was too involved by the presence of the older boy to be bothered with keeping tabs on his sister. She was never any fun anyway, all she ever wanted him to do was push her on the swings. When did he get a turn?

“Luca! Do you want to see the new pokemon cards I got?” The boy busied himself with showing his dark haired friend all of the additions to his collection. Although he would never admit it, Owen thought Luca was the coolest. Even though he was older than Owen, he always made time for him. He was brave and none of the bigger kids messed with him when the pair hung out. The boy was often bullied for his red hair and freckles, and Luca never let that slide.

It wasn’t long after that he could hear the shrill sound of Andy’s cry from across the playground. Owen looked up and saw her walking over to him, fist rubbing tears away from her eyes. Her left pigtail was pulled mostly out, and the white of her tights were dusty and dirty. One was ripped at the knee where blood stained the ivory color of the stretch fabric, blotting out and soaking in the fibers around the wound.

“Are you okay?” Owen asked, leaping to his feet. His sister could be a bit of a crybaby at times, and often came to him crying about any number of things. However, this was the first time that she looked like she might actually be hurt.

“He...pushed...swings…” sobs broke through her speech in such a way that it made her story totally inaudible. He put a hand on both of her shoulders and looked at her face, it was red and blotchy from crying. Her normally dark green eyes were bright with emotion, the whites red and full of tears. Owen pulled her hands away and noticed a small scrape on her cheek.

“Slow down. I can’t hear you.”

“There was a boy…” Andy started and Owen’s gaze went from worry to upset almost immediately. Someone had hurt his sister. “I was on the swings but then he wanted to swing so he pushed me off.” Her hands went to her hips as she sobered.

“I told him that he was being rude but then he pushed me down again!” Owen was unsure of what to do, he didn’t like seeing his sister upset, and he liked it even less that someone had hurt her. Her knee was bleeding! The boy looked to his friend Luca, who he hoped would know what to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

October 19, 2018
Around 7:00am
Suburbia

560320Andy woke when her source of warmth left the confines of their disgusting little mattress. She laid with her eyes closed as he moved to dress. Dreams were something she was accustomed to, some recurring, some otherworldly, some were almost like living through memories. The one she had just woke from was the last, she hadn’t thought about it in a long time, but she supposed her recent close proximity to Luca Brasi probably had something to do with that.

The years that passed between them has caused her to forget the fierce loyalty the male had always had for her and her family. He had made a habit of beating up bullies of hers and Owen’s alike. Maybe it didn’t seem so strange after all that he had gone out of his way to keep her safe in the hospital and middle school. Maybe it didn’t seem so strange that she had thrown herself between him and a hoard of zombies. There were unspoken ties between the two of them, and at the end of the day Andy knew she could trust him.

The house filled with smoke and warmth as the girl slowly sat up and stretched. Moving filled her with immediate regret. Her limbs felt heavy, like they were felt with sand, and stiff. Each stretch of a muscle or pull of a tendon caused her to groan. She could feel the wounds that had scabbed over trying to break open and ooze as she shifted. A shower and some neosporin was well overdue.

A shiver took over her form as she pushed the blankets back off her mostly nude form. They two had been cuddled up all night, Luca seeing her in her bra and undies was the least of her concerns. She followed his lead, grabbing the still damp clothing she had laid out on the floor and standing to pull on the blood stained jeans and tattered shirt. It was better than being naked, and it was better than freezing.

“We are close to Moe’s now,” Andy spoke up after a while, wincing as she stood. “If our plan is still to get supplies and look for Owen that should be our first stop.” She didn’t feel the need to speak the uncertainty that hung over her.

Luca and Andy had almost died a handful of times being out here for one day. The only reason either of them were alive at all was because they had each other to watch their backs. Owen was alone, and the likelihood that he was out here and not one of those monsters by now was so slim that Andy could feel the weight of that though in every action she took.

Still, they needed supplies. She knew that she could hunt them plenty of food to stay fed at the lodge, but she also knew that food wasn’t necessarily the most important thing. They had extra people, extra bodies to cloth, and keep well and they needed sleeping bags and medicine and baby stuff.

“But if I’m being realistic,” Andy started, a deep sigh taking over her lungs. “We should just grab the supplies we need for the newcomers and head home.” Abandoning her brother wasn’t what she wanted to do, but she knew the likelihood of finding him was slim. Either it was moot because he had already made it back home or he was out of her reach. Not to say he was necessarily dead but it had been almost forty-eight hours since she had seen Owen. Even if he was out there still looking for supplies, she wouldn’t be able to locate him. Andy was an excellent tracker in the woods, but people didn’t exactly leave trails to be followed on pavement.

She stood, pulling on her mostly dry leather jacket, stern contemplation consuming her freckled face. Wincing as the fabric covered her festering shoulder, Andy leaned down to pick up her duffel bag.

“I’m going to see if there is anything useful in the rest of the house, then we should get moving before too long. We are going to need all the daylight hours we can get.”

Interactions: Brax Brax (Luca)

[class=BackgroundPicture] Background:url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/359734207024463882/524331123145179137/Tileableerodedscratchmetaltexturebackground00.jpg); background-size: 25% 25%; Padding:30px; Padding-bottom:10px; background-attachment: fixed; [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#f0ebe0; Color:Black; font-family:Fira Sans ; [/class] [class=Name] margin-bottom:10px; Border-top: 3px SOLID #0b440a; Border-bottom: 3px SOLID #0b440a; border-radius:5px; padding:5px; padding-left:20px; font-family: Fjalla One; font-size:27px; letter-spacing:3px; color:#0b440a; float:left; width:97%; [/class] [class=Img] background-color:#f0ebe0; text-align: center; border:1px SOLID #0b440a; line-height:0px; margin-top:10px; [/class] [class=Icon] color:#f0ebe0; background-color:#0b440a; padding:5px; padding-left:10px; font-size: 25px; margin:-10px -10px 10px -10px ; font-family: Fjalla One; [/class] [class=statbar] border-radius:5px; border-top: 1px Solid #0b440a; border-bottom: 1px Solid #0b440a; padding:2px; width:50%; margin-top:3px; margin-bottom:3px; [/class] [class=Line] border: 3px SOLID #0b440a; margin-top:10px; margin-bottom:10px; padding:10px; [/class] [class=Status] margin-bottom:10px; Border-top: 3px SOLID #0b440a; Border-bottom: 3px SOLID #0b440a; border-radius:5px; padding:5px; font-family: Fjalla One; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:3px; color:#000000; width:97%; [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Name"] Marcus Howard[/div]
[div class="Img"]
645fd550c82283a2a0e73e917a92c328.jpg
[/div]
[div class="Status"] Status

Interacting: N/A

Mentioned: The Mad Queen The Mad Queen Hyped_Taco Hyped_Taco BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27

Located: Near the Kitchen
[/div]
[div class="Line"] [div class="Icon"] Actions[/div] When reporting for dinner the dunce fat man was stealing from Milly, he didn’t feel like making a scene here so he would deal with him in the morning when they did their wood cutting. Eventually, Marcus made his way to bed and when he woke in the morning he heard a bunch of conversation. The man stretched his arms and shielded his eyes a bit from the blinding light of the window. He sat in bed momentarily just thinking of what today would have in store for him, he knew he would have to chop wood with that Michael guy…which he didn’t really look forward to but whatever…just gotta get it over with. “Maybe…I should go out and look for a new place for us to all stay after.” He said to himself. It would be nice to get a little group together, well after he ate breakfast and did what he needed to do first of course. Marcus finally was able to drag himself out of bed and did his daily routine of whatever he could actually do anyway considering the zombie apocalypse situation.

After he was finished he went to look for the neckbeard, hmm no sign of him. This gave Marcus the opportunity to think of people that may not mind going with him on his little mission. Hmm Ivan can’t go, he has an injured leg, Colt probably doesn’t wanna deal with the stress of leading people, Leli….ehhh wouldn’t want the medic to get injured…any more options? He continued to think. Jenna could work and maybe that Brian guy if he agrees, it would be good to get Jenna away from here and keep her mind off of the whole Rogue dying thing.

[/div]
[/div] Code by @AgWordSmith [/div]

Agent Brian Rousseau
Interactions: Dr. Fisher The Mad Queen The Mad Queen
Mentioned: Colt Rumble Fish Rumble Fish , Andy Maj Maj , Luca Brax Brax , Michael Hyped_Taco Hyped_Taco , Lelianna FireMaiden FireMaiden
billy russo.png
Sleepless Night/Stressful MorningAfter dinner, the remainder of the night, Brian kept mostly to himself, the tension of the zombie attack still lingering unmistakably. Rather then go sleep in the camper as he had initially intended, Brian went ahead and just sat up against the wall, keeping his gun and wrist blade close. Exhausted, he slowly drifted off, but he wasn't about to fall asleep anytime soon, kept up by the stress that the attack had brought. Colt's motivational speech only eased the stress slightly.

The next morning, Brian woke up and soon after got up to his feet. First thing he did was go wash his face with ice cold water. What would today bring them? Hopefully soon, Luca and Andy would return. Though if Andy came back alone, Brian would be content with that too. As he came out of the restroom and into the kitchen, he saw that everyone was now eating breakfast. It was really quiet aside from a few conversations being held. Much of it bothered Brian, as this was not something he was used to. Hopefully the rest of the world fared better then they were right now. If the whole world was crawling with zombies...No, Brian didn't even want to think about it. There was no way a parasite would be able to spread that quickly. If the virus was airborne then by all means, they'd all be walking corpses by now! As such thoughts traversed through the agent's mind, he quietly grabbed a small portion of food to eat. Like most of the people there, Brian just ate quietly and kept to himself, much like he had done last night. After he had finished eating, he debated on what to do next. With how much Michael ate, at least from what he noticed, Brian didn't think it would be long until their food reserves would be completely gone. 'With that fatass, we're all probably gonna die of starvation before the zombies even get to munch on any of us...' However, calling him out now was not such a good idea, not to mention Brian wouldn't be able to prove anything. No doubt Lelianna would call him out on that.

As he pondered on what to do, he went to go find Dr. Fisher. "Hey, Ralph? Can I talk to you for a minute? In...Confidence?"

Shinoa Bradford
Interactions: Milly Rumble Fish Rumble Fish , Lelianna FireMaiden FireMaiden
Mentioned: N/A
Pregnancy Progression: 39 Weeks, 3 Days

Countdown to Childbirth

full
A Restless Night, A Painful MorningShinoa ended up sleeping on the couch, feeling too uncomfortable and achy to even move or get up. The contractions were getting to her a little and she felt like her water could break at any minute. At least Milly was there with her. The pain was a little more bearable with the younger woman around. Sadly, this was not enough to get the young mother a good night's rest. Most of her night was spent tossing, turning and fidgeting as she tried to find a comfortable position to sleep in. Not only that, but the baby kicks were getting stronger, which Shinoa took as a tell-tale sign of childbirth being on the horizon. Every so often, she would silently whine or moan due to the pain in her back, her legs and her swollen belly. The young mother would find herself crying to sleep that night...

The next morning, Shinoa woke up to a sharp pain in both her back and her belly lasting up to a minute and a half. Not willing to get up, she just stayed put on the couch, all sprawled out and taking a few deep breaths, tears rolling down her cheeks as she found the pain to be too much for her to endure. She was scared, she was tired, exhausted. As she relaxed into her pillow, Shinoa just started caressing the swollen belly. Why did it have to hurt so much? She then turned over to her side and just took another deep breath.

After an hour of resting on the couch, Shinoa finally got up to stretch her legs before waddling towards the kitchen for a late breakfast. Still it was peaceful, so she ate slowly and quietly. Feeling a little bit better, the young mother went ahead into the kitchen to eat breakfast. Only four more days until her due date. She pondered on the thought of it as she ate and it wasn't long until she started feeling uneasy.

Once she was done though, Shinoa went ahead to do the dishes. There wasn't a whole lot this time, at least not to her, so it didn't take her too long. Once she was finished, Shinoa went back to the Living Room to rest on the couch. As she rested, she just started rubbing her belly, hoping to ease the pain a little. "Just four more days...I'm so scared..." She sighed.

Ray Childress: The Lodge

1544062114424-png.510948

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ray seemed to be getting less and less sleep as the days came and went. He slowly rose with a groan and stretched his achy limbs. The sun peered it's light through the window and painted it's colors on the opposite wall from the bed. This place feels safe, but there is still an ominous cloud of uneasiness about it. Perhaps it's just the whole situation weighing on my mind. Just wish I was back at the bakery, rollin' up some fresh dough for the morning customers. He fumbled for his glasses on the lampstand next to the bed through tired, blind eyes, and put them on. I don't think that horde will be the last mob of them we'll see here... Something in them pushes them to travel and be attracted to noise. I pray this lodge will last us until this all boils over though...

The old man got out of bed, retrieved fresh clothes, and waddled to the bathroom to shower. The highlight of the day was this glorious moment. Washing away the grime from the previous day and taking a moment to reflect and relax. He closed his eyes and let the water fall on his face; warm steam blanketed him and filled every corner of the room. I'm tired of waiting around here when it feels like there's stuff that must be done out there. Andy's brother still hasn't returned and who knows if Luca and Andy herself are doing alright... Ray sat the bar of soap back in it's place and rinsed himself. The faucet turned to off, he stepped out to dry himself, and started down the stairs after getting dressed.

He wasn't used to getting up this late and actually felt a little embarrassed to be honest as he came down to mostly everyone in the kitchen, eating breakfast. He slipped in and grabbed himself a banana and popped some bread in the toaster. None of the chatter really caught Ray's attention as he leaned against the counter, staring blankly into space. The sound of the toast springing up woke him up and he took it out to lather it with peanut butter. The kitchen was too cluttered for his comfort, so he found a spot in the living room on the couch next to Shinoa. She seemed to be having a hard time and was holding her stomach. The baby must be so close now.. Ray finished up his toast and spoke up while peeling the banana, "Looks like it's just about time for the little one to join us. How are you feeling today?"

BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27

Jonas Müller

Jonas woke up quietly in the oversized bed that was in the oversized apartment that he resided in. Forgetting that he was in apocalypse for a moment, the teenager rolled over and groaned. When he was finally able to get himself up into a sitting position, a short sigh escaped him as he swung his legs off the bed and stood up. He stretched quietly, the silence broken by the vertebrae in his back cracking loudly, like a child sitting on a roll of bubble wrap. As he slipped into the previous owners robe, he picked up the small potted Daylily that sat in the windowsill and left the bedroom into the kitchen/living area. He set the pot down gently on the counter before reaching for a neon orange bottle that was nearby. He gave a quiet sigh as he opened the bottle and saw it was empty.

“Scheiße. Ich wusste, dass ich ein anderes Rezept bekommen hätte. “

(Shit. I knew I should've gotten another prescription.)

He said quietly as he thumbed the bottle around and looked down at the label. He must've been too busy to realize that he'd taken his last Insomnia pill the night before. He set the bottle down back on the counter before grabbing a small glass from the cabinet nearby and filling it halfway with water, bringing it back over to the plant and pouring it equally around the plant and watching it soak in. Jonas set the glass in the sink before going back into the bedroom and looking around on the floor for his bag. He found it relatively quickly and unzipped it, packing it full of some snacks as he raided the apartments pantry. At the end of his small raid, he counted 4 bags of chips, 4 packages if cookies, 2 bigass water bottles, and near 12 breakfast bars. He'd always been one to over prepare, so this would definitely be enough for the quick out and back trip he desired to make.

“Hopefully they have a pharmacy nearby. I don't want to roam too long.”

He said as he placed the potted plant on top of the snacks he'd packed away and zipped it tightly as to hold it in place. He then finished packing his things and made his way towards the window with the fire escape. He slid the window open quickly and slid down the ladder. Jonas made his way to the Pharmacy quickly, making sure to avoid any groups of infected that he might come to pass. This worked relatively well for the most part, as the falling snow and whipping wind provided the boy with enough vision and hearing blockage to sneak past the infected with relative ease. When he finally arrived, he tried the door handle. Not only was it locked, but it was freezing cold outside and the cold metal didn't make Jonas feel any better about his current situation.

The boy looked around quietly, deciding a forced entry would be too loud even in the noise of the snowstorm as he walked towards the alleyway next to the store and made his way around back. Lucky for him, the back door had been left unlocked, likely in a state of emergency by the owner of the establishment that had likely left after seeing the text about going to the middle school. He swung the pharmacy door open quietly and walked in, minding his step as he closed the door behind him. Of course, the back had led to where all of the more specific medicines were held, so he was exactly where he needed to be. Jonas took the empty bottle of Insomnia medication and and flipped it to where he could see the scientific name of the medication. The storm was blotting out any existing natural light from getting in and the store itself didn't have any power, essentially putting him in complete darkness. He gave a short sigh as he pulled his phone from his pocket. He already knew it'd been rendered useless by some outside source, but he might as well make use of the glorified paperweight. He turned the screen on before checking a few things like the time, battery percentage, etc. After executing his scan, he dragged his thumb down from the top of the screen and tapped on the flashlight icon. The room was illuminated in a bright white light as he swept the shelves for a prescription matching his needs.

GM POST
The frigid winds had come and gone, leaving the lodge and everything around it cased in layers of snow and ice. Thin etchings of frost covered the leaves that had yet to fall from the trees, ice clung from roof tops and cars alike. Nothing was saved from winter’s first breath. The wood deck was slick and icy, the glossy finish that was put there with care now counterproductive, dangerous to any who walked over its surface without care. Windows were fogged and frosted with the signs of life of those who were inside. Despite all the death and cold, the Jordan Lodge was a symbol of warmth and life deep in the wilderness.

Morning had come, and the snow had stopped, but the remains of the winter storm remained. The entire forest floor was caked with inches of frozen snow. It was almost beautiful in it’s clarity, the sun glancing off of it bright, beautiful and blinding. A pure sheet of white draped over all of Aurora, untouched and perfect. Prints that had once been left by the zombies had been buried from the continued snowfall, leaving no sign of the destruction that had tried to take the lodge only hours prior.

Nothing was amiss.

From the window it would appear as if the world was quiet and still. A much needed moment of peace in a decaying and dilapidated world. No blood stains, no bodies could be seen. Anything that was left behind was all left under a layer of ice. Still, a cautious eye might notice the remains of a few light foot steps leading up to the RV. However, none of that mattered to the group that was starting to wake and plan their day. They had survived a hard night, and breakfast was their reward.

In the Area: Rumble Fish Rumble Fish King Vioogra King Vioogra Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 FireMaiden FireMaiden Hyped_Taco Hyped_Taco TheTreForce TheTreForce The Mad Queen The Mad Queen

Doctor Ralph Fisher and Jenna
700-00439956en_Masterfile.jpg
EA-007-800x800.jpg

The doctor only took small bits of breakfast, he didn't really feel like eating and there were others at the lodge who needed the food more. He looked to Michael, seeing that the large man was tearing into his food like some kind of wild animal. Ralph had to turn away, for the tearing of food reminded him of the tearing of flesh he'd seen over the past few days.
He shut his eyes and tried to focus on a happier memory.

Fisher jumped from his chair at the sound of the door closing and of someone yelling.
"Dad!" The child had Ralph's cow brown eyes but the red hair of her mother.
"Sweetie, wh..."

The child was almost in tears as she reached behind her back and produced a report card, a B minus.
"I tried, dad. I tried really hard."
He knelt down slightly so that he was at her height.
"Why are you so upset?"
"You were getting As when you were..."
He embraced her in a hug, allowing Sarah to rest her head on his shoulder.
"Shh. A B minus is fantastic, and I know you did your best."

She looked away, gently pushing her dad back "Not good enough."
Their brown eyes met and Ralph rested a hand on her shoulder.
"Sarah Abigail Taylor Fisher." He gave a smile to boost her spirits "It's good enough for me. You will always be good enough, no matter what you do. You could be a secret agent like me, a nurse like your mother, a schoolteacher like your grandmother or even a Rabbi like your great-grandfather."
He gently poked her in the heart with a finger "Do your best."

The doctor was snapped back to reality when Brian spoke to him. The two had barely spoken but Ralph could tell that the man was either on leave or a veteran by his demeanor.
"Of course." Ralph offered a smile "Let's go somewhere quiet."

He started to lead Brian out of the kitchen and back up the stairs, avoiding the room that still held Rouge's body. All the while, he was theorising as to what the soldier wanted.
Was he in on Ralph's plan to leave the city and expose the government? Perhaps, but it could have been anything. Maybe he wanted to talk about the parasite away from the others?
He stood by the door of one of the empty bedrooms, shutting it and keeping his hands in his jacket pockets.
"So, what did you want to talk about?" He asked with a smile
-

Cammy got a few chunks of bacon after persistent begging, with Jenna feeding her under the table.
"Okay, but next time there's a supply run, you're going on proper dog food." She scolded "All of this isn't good for your diet."
The dog had more to eat than her, with the girl taking light bites of the food in one hand while using the other to scratch behind the ears of the German Shepard. She gave the dog a playful boop on the nose once she finished breakfast and stood up to make coffee.

"If anyone wants coffee, the machine's ready."
With a mug in hand, she and Cammy moved into the living room.
"Just four more days...I'm so scared..."
Those eight words stopped the girl right in her tracks while Cammy stared at the pregnant teenager, her head tilted to the side as she let out a little whine.

Jenna walked over to her, mug still in hand.
"I'd be scared too. Never had kids before, so I can't offer any words of advice there but I will say this...You're with us."
She gave her a light smile
"In amongst all this chaos and bullshit over the past few days you managed to survive the initial outbreak and find your way to a place where there's not only two nurses but a doctor to help you deliver. Plus a bunch of military types with enough firepower and training to keep you and your baby alive, once they come out."

She pointed back at Cammy.
"Her too. German Shepard's in particular are a very protective breed, and great around kids. I'll have keep her a little bit distant from the baby to begin with as she accepts the new pack member but after that you've got a giant ball of fur acting like a shield and a nanny. She won't let anything bad happen to the little one if she can help it."

"So, do you have a name for the little one?" Jenna asked

Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal Hyped_Taco Hyped_Taco King Vioogra King Vioogra BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 Brax Brax FireMaiden FireMaiden

Last edited:

cooltext311138355072126-png.542790

“Alcohol and a pair of tweezers.”

561588Luca looked over at the female just as she turned to begin ransacking the other rooms. These words had been a reminder that she needed to clean the glass from her shoulder before it got infected. Immediately afterwards, he was slowly but surely moving the larger furniture pieces away from the door. He had felt much better than he did a few hours prior despite his lack of sleep. As time went on, he felt as though the fog that had been occupying his mind was slowly subsiding. Every couple of seconds Luca would completely stop moving in attempt to listen to his surroundings. This was mostly because he was paranoid of zombies or hazmat suits running up on them with their backs against the wall. When he felt as though the coast was clear, he would resume moving furniture. This cycle continued until his cigarette burned completely down to the edge of the filter and every single item had been moved away from their exit.

When Andy finally finished up looting the house, she let Luca know of the results. Among those, unfortunately, were neither of the items needed to tend to her wounds. If it could be avoided, Luca would have preferred not using the alcohol they had brought with them. However, if she had at least found a pair of tweezers, they would have had something to use to clean the area. The local pharmacy wasn’t too far off from where they currently where. When Andy mentioned that it might be best to gather what supplies they could and head home Luca couldn’t help but scoff.

There was no way in hell he was going to be forced to go through the previous nights’ hell without any resemblance of results. At the very least they wouldn’t go home empty-handed, but that didn’t mean that Luca was done looking for Owen either. The city wasn’t that large - there were a few key places for them left to check before they headed back to the lodge. Luca had to put his faith in Colt and the rest of them to take care of things while he was gone. It had only been twenty-four hours since they had left. If they wanted to get back home before nightfall, the two still had the opportunity to do so. They just needed to make as much use as the sunlight as they possibly could.

After putting on his jacket and grabbing his bag, Luca lifted his rifle up slightly with one hand. His other wrapped around the doorknob and opened the door. Using his foot, the man swung it open. He lifted his rifle up so that he could look through the sight, peering quickly from left to right before deciding the coast was clear. The two exited the house through the front door to a residential neighborhood. While the main road wasn’t far off, each house represented an additional risk of a reanimated person looking about. If not, it was just as likely that soldiers or other survivors had found some sort of shelter among the homes. Luca found himself experiencing a moment of hesitation before coming to the conclusion that forward progress was better than being stagnant. Only thing worse than not being on their toes was being sitting ducks out in the middle of the open. The sky was white, still mostly covered by clouds. While the chilling winds had swept away the snowfall, each step that Luca and Andy took made a sound in the couple of inches of precipitation that had accumulated over everything.

They were six blocks away from the hospital. If they continued walking at their current pace, the two could easily get there within the next ten minutes. The entire span of the neighborhood block provided no extraneous stress for the two. However, walking down a barren highway - representative of the city in itself - was something far more chilling than the weather. It was though all signs of life had been extinguished off of the planet, especially given all the barren shops and deserted cars. Three lanes were open for traffic on both sides of the road and there was not a person in sight. Even worse, the damn street wasn't plowed. Luca wasn't wearing snow boots. With each step he took, he felt his socks becoming increasingly damp.
Maj Maj

Hours had passed since Michael had stolen food from Milly, yet he couldn´t get it out of his mind ¨Was it really worth it?, Does a man a bit out of shape such as myself even need that extra food?¨ he felt… guilt, he had stolen from a little girl this day, possibly even made her go hungry, and for what? so he could eat more food than what he needed, to satisfy the eternal hunger he felt?... ¨No, I'm sure it´s alright, I need the food more than her, I threw a zombie out of the lodge, THIS is my reward now¨ the man lied to himself, he knew that what he did was wrong, but he eventually managed to convince himself that what he did was right, that maybe Milly did not starve today and that she even got the right amount of food that she needed. Michael was tired, he shut his eyes and finally went to sleep.
--
--
Michael´s eyes had opened to a ray of sunshine that was now hitting him right in his face ¨...Would it have cost these people to put some fucking curtains in here?¨ Michael complained about the small detail, he noticed that his ¨roommate¨ was not in the camper anymore, but he did not care about this since it meant that he was now able to change clothes with nobody to see him… unless they were watching through the window since once more, this camper had no curtains.

He decided to put on his favorite t-shirt which had Thanos with the infinity stones; then as always decided to put on his Jeans, trench coat and then finally, his favorite add on, His Fedora. After having put on his clothes Michael quickly ran out of the camper and into the lodge, he was hungry once more and the neckbeard knew that one plate would not be enough.
He could smell… eggs with bacon, he could remember the smell and taste of his own mother´s cooking, he missed that from his home but what he grieved the most was his family, he missed them all, from his Mother to father, and even his sister, Michael questioned himself, why couldn't he have just stayed home? was his family ok? did the virus reach his hometown or even worse, would they have had time to escape even?.

He approached the table slowly near were Milly was, but he did not intend to take her food now, not this time. Michael could not handle the guilt anymore, he looked at Milly and tried to apologize to her ¨I- I am so sorry¨ the 400 and something pound man nearly had a tear get out of his eye, how could have he stolen from a defenseless kid? ¨P-Please have my breakfast, I don´t want it¨ He lied, he wanted it and even more, but the guilt got the best of him. He decided to go somewhere else at the moment to think about his actions.

He was about to go to sleep again when he remembered Colt´s orders to go chop up some wood with Marcus ¨fucking hell if she wanted wood then why didn´t she go for it¨ Michael quietly told himself, he wasn´t in the mood to do shit right now but orders were orders. He grabbed an ax and as if he were an anime character threw it at the tree…. and nothing happened ¨
Hu… I thought it was gonna split the tree or something¨
Interactions: Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Milly
Mentioned: Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Colt

193599_deltafinish.jpg

coollogo_com-14614608.png
Colt (after adding more whisky to her second mug of coffee) remained silent as she watched the group interact with each other and eat the food that Leliana had cooked. She watched the younger girl for a while. It seemed that they were now even. Still, Colt was not going to forget any of that. She could allow it to pass for now. The veteran sipped her coffee, keeping track of who had eaten. Once everyone had, she took the last of what was on offer and sat at the table again to eat. Eating around people was something Colt was still very unaccustomed to so without meaning to, she ended up breaking pretty much every table-manner rule ever. In the middle of chewing, (mouth open) the woman suddenly felt an excruciating pain in what remained of her left knee.

With eggs still in her mouth, Colt managed to not scream as she resorted to slamming her fist on the table and doubling over with a drawn out and guttural groan of pain. She hadn’t taken her pills since six o’clock the night before. Shit! It had been six months, why hadn’t the nerves figured out that her damn leg had been blown clean off and wasn’t currently on fire and being gnawed by a meat grinder like how it felt right now. Breathing sharply through her nose, she drank the rest of her coffee in one gulp. While she did not want to drink as much as this so early, she needed something before she could get to her pills, otherwise, she was stuck in this chair. All she could do now was wait for the pain to subside enough for her to consider moving and continuing her work. But the pain persisted. Colt gritted her teeth and put her forehead on the cold table. The throbbing agony forced her mind to jump back.
-
“Stanhope, you have a visitor.” The nurse opened the curtain to reveal Lt. Lorrie approaching Colt’s bed, taking her hat off. The heavily bandaged soldier groaned and shut her eyes. Or at least the eye that was not patched. She had just been through countless hours of surgery repairing the left side of her face and getting skin-graphing the areas too damaged by burns to heal. Frankly, she was more furious that she hadn’t died on the table than anything.

“Stanhope.” Lorrie stood at the edge of her bed, gripping the rail with one hand, “How are you holding up?” she asked. Her tone was stoic as always. As if yesterday had never happened.

Scuse my language, Ma’am. But- ugh how am I supposed to fuckin’… hold up with ONE LEG?!” The woman snarled through her teeth, barely able to get the words out from the agony.

“Be glad you lost your leg rather than lose your life out there, woman.” The Lutienent responded with a frown.

Fuck you! McRee should’ve put a bullet in my brain!

“Stanhope-”

I was supposed to die on the field!” Colt could not control her anger, causing her to shake in her casts. Despite the racing pain, causing her vision to blur, she continued, “It’s what I deserved!

“Stanhope, if this is for some kind of pride or recognition, you’re not in the right field-”

PRIDE?! They all died! I couldn’t save any of ‘em! I couldn’t… I couldn’t save Sasha!” Colt turned her head away as much as she could, not wanting her superior to see the tears forming from her good eye, “If they didn’t make it, I don’ wanna…” There was a silence between the two women. Lorrie sighed and ran a hand down her face. Obviously, she had seen this a lot. But what she did next surprised Colt.

“Collette, I know how close you and Ob-Sasha were.” Her tone softened, “And I know it hurts. But… Look. You’ll be back home in a few days. Be with your family. You don’t need to fight anymore.”

Colt stayed silent as she looked at her superior before sighing and turning away again. She heard a sigh from Lorrie.

“I’ll let you sleep. It won’t help but… I’m proud of you. For trying.” She heard heavy boots leaving on those words. It was only that night, when she was alone and all the nurses had gone that she actually released it all. They were supposed to have two dogs.
-
The sound of people moving around brought Stanhope from her stupor, knowing to them she must have been sitting there with a glassy expression. The pain in her leg was still present, she felt as though she could actually move. She looked into her empty mug. She took the coffee that had been sitting there and refilled it. The whisky mixed with the drink was a win-win from what she could see. It dulled the pain but she was still awake. But still, there was every chance they could get attacked again. Right. The last time she was going to do this today and then she was laying off the booze for the rest of the day. At least, that was what she was hoping to do. Whether or not she’d actually achieve it was up for debate.

She noticed Michael walking outside after speaking to Milly. Seems he was going to do as she asked. With a sigh, Colt swirled her coffee as she finally managed to stand up. It still really hurt. The veteran sighed as she walked with an extreme limp from the kitchen to her rucksack. Grabbing her pills, she did not pay attention to how many she was pouring into her hand before using the coffee to wash them down. She turned around to see Marcus, “Oi,” she waved an arm, “Once yer done get out there ‘nd make sure that idiot don’t amputate ‘imself. One of them is enough.” She gave her head a little tilt, inviting him to join her outside. Looking at him caused a twist of nerves in her stomach. After what was said last night, she was a little unsure about the matter. But, she wasn’t unwilling and wanted to try. So she would. She gave the man a slight smile before walking to the door.

As she began to walk, she noticed the teenager, Shiona appeared to be in pain, something that was understandable given her condition. But she had Ray and Jenna to reassure her. Colt frowned a little as she watched them reassure her. Colt had not interacted with the girl much, or Milly for that matter. Having a baby was going to cause more trouble than it was worth. They had enough mouths to feed, nobody was going to be able to sleep and its crying would attract trouble no doubt. A frown etched itself across the vet's face as she thought of this. However, Colt was smart enough to not say this. And she was not going to throw the mother-to-be out for this. Colt hated children; but not enough to harm them or their mothers. There had been enough of that from her own experiences. With a shake of her head, the woman continued on her way. Walking outside, Colt was relieved to see that the snow had settled and seemed to be a clear day. The woman emerged just in time to see Michael throw the axe right into the tree. And for some reason, he was surprised that it did not work. With a sigh, Colt shook her head and sipped her coffee.

Fuckin’ idiot…” she grumbled to herself as she continued to look around the area, simply observing everything. She took some time to look down the road towards the town, where Luca and Andy had gone. Colt sighed heavily and worryingly as she took another sip from her coffee. She could only hope and pray that they would return soon, and with Owen in tow. They had lost Rogue; she did not want any more to die or never return. Colt leaned against the post on the porch and watched the men as they went to work, the icy wind slicing against her scarred face.
BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 Hyped_Taco Hyped_Taco The Mad Queen The Mad Queen Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal FireMaiden FireMaiden

561997Location: The Jordan Lodge
Interaction: Open

Mentioned/In The Area: Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal (Marcus) TheTreForce TheTreForce (Ray) Hyped_Taco Hyped_Taco (Micheal) BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 (Brian) The Mad Queen (Jenna) BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 (Shinoa) Rumble Fish (Milly) Maj Maj (Owen & Andy) Brax Brax (Luca) The Mad Queen The Mad Queen (Ralph) King Vioogra King Vioogra (Ivan) Rumble Fish Rumble Fish (Colt)
The hardest part about the silence was it let her mind wander. Her hands were busy so it wasn't as bad, and sure people were talking as they slowly filled the living/dining room, but nobody was talking to her. It was fine, there was no real reason to make conversation with her, and Leliana didn't make the effort to talk to anybody so it was really her fault, but she was in tbe mood to talk to someone, to get her worries out in the open. She was wondering if they were safe there in the lodge. If more of those monsters were on the way, or if hazzies could be planning on attacking them. She still thought they made way to much noise yesterday, and Colt mentioned some scares during the night. That wasn't good. None of this was good. She sighed, huffed actually, raising her balled fist to her mouth so she could bite into her thumb as her brows furrowed. Jenna had a good idea, they needed to leave, but that woman wanted to execute it to quickly. The group needed time, they needed to get the supplies together, the means to survive incase Jenna's plan fell through. And if it worked what then? The others would just be waiting around for help that probably wouldn't come, they would most likely plan to destroy the city, not save it. And then make it seem like nobody got out alive. Call Leliana a pessimist, or a conspiracy theorist whatever, she would maintain the idea she was a realist. Honestly, when did the American government not try and cover something up? And for fucks sake, they had a goddamned CIA agent in their group of misfits, who knows who's side he was actually on. Though granted, someone would maybe have tried to contact him, or he would have tried pushing the group in some direction if he had a secert motive of some sort.

She ate after almost everyone else had, save for Colt. Leliana's portion was small, since she wasn't very hungry, and after she was done eating, she began to collect the dirty dishes of those who were also finsished. She wasn't going to do them right now of course, but later. Unless someone else decided to do them for her, but if it was Shinoa she would probably beat the teen. It was weird to think that she and Shinoa were around the same age. She couldn't tell how far apart they were, but Leliana had a feeling she was the older one. That poor girl, Leilana couldn't help but wonder how she got into that situation, and why she was all alone, but at least she won't be giving birth alone. Leliana stood and watched Ray and Jenna talk to Shinoa for a moment, before she turned and started heading towards the stairs. She needed to go change, put on some warmer clothes. Thankfully her shared room wasn't freezing, though you could defeintly feel a chill in there. Probably another factor to why she couldn't sleep well.

As she entered the room, she was hit with that slight chill, that while at the moment not uncomforable, made goosebumbs quickly raise on her skin as she stripped out of her sleepwear. She was glad there were no neighbors to peak in because it took her a few moments that she, in hindsight, could have been wearing her shirt to dig out a clean one, and then put her bra on. She put on the second pair of skinny jeans shd had brought, a pair of long pink socks, and her converse before grabbing her Moe's jacket and heading back downstairs. It was the warmest outfit she had packed other than her now ruined, and buried under the snow sweater. Snow. Looking outside through one of the back windows, white blanketed the world, and a new wave of concern hit her like a ton of bricks. How were Andy and Luca? How was Owen? Were they safe? Warm? Even still alive? They had no way of communicating with them, and while Luca and Andy had been gone only a day, Owen had been gone for two. Leliana twisted her thumb, running her top teeth ober her bottom lip as she turned into the living room to go take a seat in silence. She didn't feel like talking anymore.

There hadn’t been much to loot from the single family home, but Andy made sure to grab anything that seemed promising. After a few minutes she had scavenged up some granola bars, a half used bottle of ibuprofen, some band-aids, and a few bottles of water. She even managed to find a wool scarf, hanging off the bedpost of the master bedroom, which she made sure to put around her neck. The snow may have stopped, but the cold winds could be brutal on bare skin.

Andy took care as she made her way to what appeared to be a built add on to the house. The small room was obviously not part of the original plan of the house, but someone had taken the care to build walls and attach it later. It appeared to have been used as a storage room, or maybe even a makeshift workshop. Tools and boxes of unused items lined the walls of the room, all covered in a healthy layer of dust.

Sifting through the items felt intrusive, like she was learning things about the family that used to live here that she maybe shouldn’t have known. There had been at least one child, as there were tubs of baby clothes stored away, outgrown. The thought of what that poor thing was forced to endure turned Andrea’s stomach. She hoped he had died peacefully.

There were more things of use in here, but still not the tweezers and alcohol that Luca had reminded her to search for. In the depths of the storage, Andy was able to grab hold of a solar powered flashlight, a variety of lightweight sharp tools and lastly, a set of walkie-talkies.

Luckily they weren’t the playthings of a child, but rather ones similar to the ones Andy and her uncle had used when they were hunting. They could be used over a relatively large distances and had served her well on various occasions. If her own set weren’t sitting in the shed at the lodge in need of repairs, she would have brought them with her. Andy turned the small black dial to make sure that the batteries were still working and was pleasantly surprised to see that they still had a decent amount of life in them. She put them securely in her bag before rejoining Luca.

The trip out of the house was slow going, but surprisingly peaceful. The snow either froze many of the undead or at least slowed them down, because she hadn’t seen any since they had left. The whole landscape was bright and blinding, the white had covered all the cars on the highway and was a hollow reminder of how still their world had become. No footprints in the snow except the ones that Luca and Andy were making themselves, no moving cars, no lights. For a moment it appeared that it was just the two of them out here.

“Are we heading toward the hospital?” Andy asked Luca. Last they had discussed she thought that they were going to Moe’s to look for Owen. The hospital wasn’t far off from the motel, but Luca didn’t seem to be making any effort to turn off in the motel’s direction.

“We should check Moe’s first.” Andy reminded him nodding toward the turn in the direction of Owen’s last known destination.

“Listen,” Andy said, making sure to keep her voice low as they spoke. “I was kind of awful last night. I know I have a tendency to run my mouth, especially in high stress situations.” Apologies didn’t come easy to Andy, but Luca had let her cling to him for warmth and had been a perfect gentleman about it to boot. He had left the safety of the lodge and almost died to help her retrieve her brother, and when she was ready to give up he had made sure she didn’t. Luca deserved a better companion in her.

“I appreciate everything you did for me, even if I have a really shitty way of showing it.” She dug into her bag to grab one of the walkie-talkies she had found at the house and handed it over to Luca.

“In case we get separated. I’m not really interested in losing anyone else out here.” She didn’t know how to articulate all her feelings. Even if she tried she was sure it would just come out a snarky mess. Andy had lost so many in such a little time. Cancer had taken her uncle less than three months ago. Her mother had been lost in the depths of the hospital only a few days ago. Now Owen was missing and even if Luca was determined to find him, Andy wasn’t sure what they would find when they did. Would he still have green eyes and a goofy smile? The image of his eyes milky and lost plagued her thoughts anytime she allowed her mind to wander. Andy never thought she would be so grateful for them to have a matching set of irises.

It didn't matter if she liked it or not. Luca could be the only person that she trusted she really had left.

She hadn’t known what to expect when they arrived at Moe’s. Andy knew they had run into some trouble because they had picked up some stragglers in their need to flee, but the corpses of the hazmat soldiers, half buried under the snow brought everything into perspective. Owen had been forced to face off against them and their superior firepower again. She made a mental note to ask someone to teach her how to use the guns. Her run in with the hoard after the wreck had been enough to show her how useful it could be.

Andy knelt down and picked up the frost covered rifle from the corpse at her feet. She had no idea how guns worked or if the snow would hurt it, but she figured it was better to have it than to not. She slung the strap over her shoulder, wincing as it scraped against her bad shoulder.

“How is your ammo supply?” Andy asked Luca, knowing she had wasted some of it while trying to keep the zombies off of him the day before. It took some maneuvering, but she was able to get the ammo belt off another soldier and tossed it over to him. There was no sign of Owen, and she wasn’t stupid enough to try to call out to him. Colt had said he left from here when she did, and if there had been any tracks to follow, the snow had long covered them.

“He’s not here.”

Interactions: Brax Brax (Luca)
Mentions: Rumble Fish Rumble Fish (Colt)

coollogo_com-26356205.png
Milly came into the kitchen, still holding her stomach, which was still sore and making a lot of noise. The enticing scent of cooked bacon and eggs did not help. She sat at the table, holding her bear as she watched people come in and out to grab food. She noticed Ray only taking some toast rather than sitting with everyone. Part of her wanted to follow the man and stay with him, but she was afraid to intrude. When she finally got her breakfast, Milly gave Leliana a thankful nod before beginning to pick at her food. But just as she began, she got a fright as the man Michael approached her, apologising for something. But what? He seemed upset. Wait, did she do something to make him feel bad? Before she could open her mouth, he was gone.

Um…” she blinked, now unsure if she wanted to eat. If he was not going to, did that mean she couldn’t either? People were supposed to eat at the same time but he wasn’t so surely that meant she should wait, right? The younger girl glanced around, seeing that everyone else was eating. When Leli finally started her own portion, she finally started eating. Once she was finished, the younger girl instantly felt better. She blinked softly as she got up, though as she did, she was then spooked by Colt suddenly snarling and punching the table. She did not know why but it still scared her. She scuttled into the living room where everyone was gathering.

She looked outside, seeing the snow was still there. Marcus and Michael had head outside to do as Colt had asked. Shiona was in pain on the sofa, with Ray and Jenna. Milly blinked, she wanted to sit with the girl but she did not want to crowd her. Despite being inside with the fire, she was still cold despite wearing a hoodie. But, she wanted to go outside and play. Milly had never played in snow before, having never been allowed but they said yesterday she could so, she could right?

She looked to where Ivan and Leli were sitting and scooted along the floor so she was next to their chest, looking over the armrest. She didn’t want to stand up, staying in a ball like this kept her warm without a jacket. She blinked at the pair.

Um… Ivan, Leliana?” she asked quietly, not moving from her position. She could not help but worry that they would say no, even though it had been said she could. But she had to try right? “W-Would-Um, C-can I… can I play outside?” she asked before freezing in place. Something about asking this made her extremely uncomfortable. Maybe it was from the memories of what would happen if she asked a stupid question like this, with an obvious answer. The youngster still had the long scar across her bony back as a reminder. Milly shrank a little and averted her gaze as she waited for an answer from the pair.
FireMaiden FireMaiden King Vioogra King Vioogra

Warren stood and listened as the man and Tre spoke. His face was mostly blank with a slightly impatient look in his eyes. The man was clearly no threat in Warren's eyes, he just wanted to get out of this damn cold and drink his beer. He took a quick look around to verify they were still safe out here, pretty much in the open. Nothing but a barely visible cityscape through the white snowy mist that lingered in the air; everything was blanketed by the previous blizzard. He turned back to the two and put his gloved hands in the pockets of his leather jacket, "Alright, alright. Let's go, the pharmacy is fine." He gave Marty a stern look as he started in the direction of the pharmacy, "Just know you're either getting decapitated or a crowbar to the back of the head if you turn into a biter."

Warren set off at a decent pace leaving prints in the snow, dispersed in large intervals due to his great height and long strides. He glanced over his shoulder to make sure the kid was following, but didn't pay mind to the other man. He was a little annoyed that this guy had no idea where he was going and seemingly nothing of benefit for Warren or Tre. Not to mention he was sickly and would probably be a burden on them. Warren didn't tolerate leeches or anything that would slow him down.

The streets were still empty and they were nearing the area that was supposed to be the location of the pharmacy. The biters must be hindered by the snow and cold, maybe even hiding. Or maybe we're just lucky to not have run into any. The sidewalk ended and across the street was the pharmacy on the corner. Cars were parked all about the four way intersection and one was even crashed into a pole right near the entrance door. The snow was deep enough that the tires on most of the cars weren't visible, and there was no indication as to where the separation between the sidewalks and streets was. They made it to the front of the pharmacy and Warren took a moment to check the far side of the pharmacy. There was nothing in the alley but some dumpsters so he came back over.
"All right, let's go in. Hey kid, keep an eye on this guy." He then looked over to Marty, "Get the pills.. or.. whatever you need." He slowly approached the glass door and unsheathed his crowbar, "We'll probably be staying here tonight, it's too fuckin' cold outside." With no hesitation, he went to push open the door but it didn't budge. Realizing it was locked, he fit his crowbar in between where the sliding lock was located and pried at it with a great force. The metal slightly bent and cracked and the door came open, the lock still engaged. He swung it open entirely and stepped into the dark building.

Brax Brax Mynah Mynah King Vioogra King Vioogra

Last edited:
Ivan and Milly

Ivan had made his way through the kitchen in a ‘I’m trying to be stealthy’ manner, even though he failed horribly due to his slight limp. Once Leliana was done cooking, he took a single piece of bacon and made his way out of the kitchen and into the living room and looking around slowly. He munched on his bacon quickly before licking whatever grease there was from his fingers. As the man walked towards one of the windows, he looked outside. The ground was caked in beautiful white powder that reflected the sun off of it, giving it another level of beauty, causing the Russian man to sigh as he watched the purity of it all, given their current circumstance. As Ivan stared on, his attention was taken by the youngest member of the group, Milly, he remembered her name being, asking if she could go out and play in the snow. A short smile passed over his face as he looked over at her.

“Of course you can. Here, I’ll come out and keep an eye on you, okay?”

--

Milly was incredibly anxious about what his answer was going to be. Part of her was expecting him to turn around and hit her to make her go away. It had happened before. She kept still as he finally answered. Her baby blue eyes blinked then widened as he answered positively.

“Really?” She squeaked, suddenly jumping up from her crouched, mousey position. As she did, she shook slightly from a cold breeze that blew through the open door where Colt was standing.

--

“You should get bundled up first. It’s pretty cold outside маленький. Best do as much as you can to stay warm.” (little one)

He said with a smile as he looked around, seeing the cane he’d found not too long ago and holding it near his leg as he started walking towards the door,

“I’ll be waiting here when you’re ready, okay?”

--

Milly jumped at the prospect and quickly dove into her rucksack. Her mother had packed her jacket and a scarf in there. As she wrapped up, Milly halted for a moment. Wrapping herself up like this instantly reminded her of home. These had been packed since, even though they were only supposed to be out for a few hours, it was a cold day. And it had been three days since she last saw her mother or been home. The younger girl sighed softly as she grabbed Snowy and went to the door to join Ivan.

She stood at the door and peeked out. The woods and drive had been covered in what could only be described as a blanket of snow. Aside from the sound of wood being assaulted by axes, it was practically silent. She looked around anxiously, covering her nose with her scarf, trying to build up the courage to actually step outside. It had been so long, and having Colt standing close by silently and without movement spooked her a little.

--

Ivan looked down at the nervous girl and chuckled quietly. He stepped in front of her and out his hand out for her to take if she wanted to. This was it, the feeling of being a big brother.

“Don’t worry. I’m right here.”

He said with a smile as he took a deep breath in and stepped out onto the porch and into the cold.

--

Milly took a moment before sighing and taking Ivan’s hand and taking a couple of steps outside. The snow crunched under her trainers and the cold hit her in the face, causing the youngster to sneeze. Milly blinked a few times as she looked around. The silence was broken as a raven cawed and took off from a tree, shaking off snow and making a lot of noise. Milly, getting a fright from the sudden noise, yelped under her scarf and tried to run back inside the lodge but was stopped as she was still holding onto Ivan’s hand.

--

Ivan looked down at the girls as she was scared by the raven. Just how skittish was this little girl? And why? What could’ve happened to her that made her so afraid of everything? He thought about this as he looked down at her before remembering the situation they were all in. She’s lost her mother, been thrust into an apocalypse where even the government wanted them all dead, and was sleeping in a cramped lodge with nothing but strangers and stressful situations. He gave a pitious sigh before looking back out at the vast fields of white before them.

“Don’t be scared, I’ll protect you.”

--

Milly glanced around anxiously before looking at Ivan as he assured her that he would help her. She looked up to see the bird perched in another tree, simply observing his surroundings. She glanced at the ground again before stepping back off of the porch and into the snow again.

Milly knelt down and ran her hand through the snow, making tracks. It was freezing against her hand but she liked it. It was deeper than she had expected. Curious by the indentations left, she started pressing her hand in different parts to leave prints. Milly was always fascinated by patterns and the likes. It was therapeutic.

--

Ivan watched as she ran her hands through the snow and sat down on the end of the porch next to where she stood. A short grunt escaped him as he looked around, his breath taking form in front of him before dissipating in the air. It’d been a long time since he’d seen snow, as he had told Colt the night before. This was actually the first time since he’d left service that he saw this much of it, and it reminded him of home, his friends, his parents, everything. A short sigh escaped him as he leaned back on his arms and looked up at the empty trees and roaming clouds. This was a moment of bliss in the hell they currently lived in.

--

Milly graduated from making handprints and started to make snowballs that she threw up in the air. She had dug a small hole in the snow and was trying to throw a ball up in the air where when it landed, it went in the hole. Think vertical golf. There were quite a few failures, evident by an annoyed footstamp and unamused muttering from the girl.

When she finally achieved it, it was celebrated by a little squeal and jumping around in the snow like a binkying rabbit. Even the snow kicked from her heels and the visible breath was enough to excite her. Why hasn't her mother let her play in the snow before? This was fun!

--

Ivan let a small fit of laughter escape him as he watched Milly play in the cold white powder. There was a sense of blind purity that he saw in her that amazed him. She wasn’t worried about who would die next, or when the next attack on their home would be, if Andy and Luca were ever coming back. All that mattered to her in this moment was her vertical golf and the blanket of cold around her. A smile crept across his face as he watched her. Hers was definitely a smile he would gladly die protecting.

--

During her jumping about, one of Milly’s feet slipped under her, causing her to fall onto her front. She let out a short squeal as she fell but stopped when she realised that it did not hurt. After a few moments, she rolled onto her back, playing with a big ball of snow with her feet that she had in the air, moving it around absentmindedly.

--​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back