• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings partner search, one on one

nowheretogrow

bibliophile
Aloha!
  • I'll start off by saying I am rusty and, as of yesterday, I have just jumped back into the RPing world. Important to note so if we start an RP, you have some expectation management.
  • I typically try to go for around 2-6 paragraphs, but it all depends on how much content we are able to feed to each other and how invested in it we both are. Sometimes, I exceed 6 paragraphs, entirely dependent on what we are RPing. Please no less than 2 paragraphs if you are interested in starting an RP.
  • I am 25+ with a job that eats up most of my time but I love to write so I will try and get, at minimum, one to two responses a day. This also means, I would prefer to RP with someone closer to my age. I will not tell you no outright if you're younger than that, as age doesn't dictate talent or maturity, but please be able to understand mature situations (should we write about them). This also means I am FAR more active on the weekends.
  • I am not limited to playing male or female, but if there is a romance element, I will do female x female or male x female. I would prefer the former, as that is my wheel house.
  • I enjoy romance in RP, HOWEVER, I prefer if the romance starts out as they don't like each other OR they don't know either's true gender for whatever reason and open up a little more than maybe they would've, had they known? Not sure why, but the cheesiness of those two make me enjoy the RP a little more.
  • I do like horror and gore, but if you are not interested, please understand I will try my best to write scenes realistically based on what happens (IE, if there is gore after a battle of some sort, I will mention it). My goal isn't to upset, but to maintain realistic.
  • I am a firm believer in if we do an RP partner thing, we do it together. I prefer to brainstorm WITH you than to try and come up with a story on my own or to assume that you'll do all the work. I'd like for us to have conversation outside of the RP so we can align our views of what direction OUR story is headed. Also, it would just be pretty cool if we talked outside of the RP, in general. I like the idea of getting to know an idea of who I'm talking to/creating with.
  • If you have read this far and are still interested, please send me a message with the name of your favorite food as the title, just so I know you read through this thing. If you're still reading, there's only a little left, I promise!
  • I don't really like writing Fandoms, it's too awkward for me to try and play a character within a universe that I didn't create. I like the idea of using a universe that is "similar" but isn't identical. I don't feel as though I have read enough or know enough about anything (and I am a psycho about the things I fan-girl over) to appropriately align my writing to their world. If this is a deal breaker for you, but you are still very interested in RPing, maybe we can work out the kinks? Just let me know, I am willing to try.
  • PLEASE don't hesitate to tell me if I need to improve/work on something. Also, know I am totally kosher with starting fresh if you decide you don't particularly enjoy my writing style or if we both lose interest in the RP. On that note, I am NOT a mind reader, so just let me know. Please no ghosting and I will show you the same courtesy.
  • Please no God-Mode, unless it's an NPC. Not sure if this is common, but since this is a story we are collectively writing, all NPCs are fair game. If that's not how you operate, just let me know so I don't overstep!

I'll be vague, because as previously mentioned I would really like us to come up with something together!

General Ideas:

1. Vampires/Werewolves - Thinking more a dystopian world where we are humans and we are no longer the top of the food pyramid.
  2. Vampires/Werewolves - The Anne Rice kind, beautiful but deadly. Either one of us is a vampire/werewolf and changes the other, or we are trying to identify someone in our lives we suspect is one? Maybe a combination of those two concepts?
  3. Nuclear Fall Out - Pretty much self explanatory, but we are survivors some thousands of years later trying to make it in the dead world.
  4. Technological Black-Out - Similar to the last, minus the radiation.
  5. Earth ends - Combination of the two previous somewhat, but our characters now live on a space station somewhere. Maybe we introduce some foreign bacteria that's killing people? Or a foreign creature that is?
  6. Battle Royale - Fight to the death! Last one to survive, wins the chance to live another day...something like that?
  7. Technological Take-Over - think Terminator/I am Legend
  8. Serial Killer - Now, this one can be flexible in the sense of we are in a town/cabin/street being terrorized by one (like Scream/Jason/Freddy), we can be haunted by former Serial Killer's ghost in the house/apt complex we stay at, or we can go with a Dexter type feel (again, not a Dexter Fandom because that's too much)
  9. Demonic/Ghost Possession/Haunting - not really sure where to go with this one, but I'd like the idea of figuring something out. Maybe accidental summoning or something like that?
  10. Magical School - Wizards/Witches/Warlocks all together for a grand time, can play it in the new or old Sabrina style. (innocent and sweet or demonic with darkness)
  11. School for the Gifted - Of course, gifted means super powers!
  12. Dungeons and Dragons - Not going to say I saved what I'm craving for last, but I did. I love fantasy worlds where there are Dragons and Humanoids and where the world is so open we can create it together. I very much would like to talk this one.
  13. I have more ideas, but since I am trying to write them out, I'm drawing blanks...

Alrighty! I think that's as much as I can think of right now! Know I want to write TOGETHER, so none of the ideas are set in stone. RPs are more fun when we both have input.

Mahalo!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back