• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Sanya

Master-procrastinator
You float in an endless corridor, catching your shapeless silhouette reflected in dull dusty mirrors, listening to the clocks tick out of tune. A shadow approaches you from behind, and suddenly everything dissolves into it, until there’s nothing but you, a hand over your nose and mouth, a knife at your throat. Flashing images rush through your head – a noose, a baseball bat, a red puddle – and none of it makes sense, but you feel like it should, and it terrifies you. Something sharp pokes at your chest. The alarm rings. You wake up in cold sweat, blink twice, pour a glass of water and say nothing. It’s that nightmare again.

What are the odds of four complete strangers having the same bad dream over and over?

Since the moment Mr. A first set foot to Heather Heights - the city of grim gothic churches, superstitious folks, greasy pubs and clever thieves – everything felt out of place. Working undercover for the local police department, he always had more important problems to worry about, such as not getting his cover blown before the smuggling ring he’s after is busted for good. But the nightmares are difficult to ignore, especially when the reality isn’t so reliable itself, shattering his unflinching skepticism.

Miss B lives next door to Mr. A, room 437 of the Heather Heights Hotel. She’s a journalist – and a very good one, at that – in the middle of a private investigation. However, the celebrity scandals she’s after are set aside when strange things begin to happen: objects are moving by themselves, someone’s knocking on the fourth floor window from the outside, and she’s woken up by screeching and screaming that nobody else seems to hear. Her curious nature takes over, and she’s determined to unravel the mystery of Heather Heights.

Mr. C is Mr. A’s roommate – well, it’s hard to afford privacy when you’re an underpaid artist trying to get away from social contacts and dedicate yourself to creative sprees. But he’s a kind soul – this Mr. C, with all of his awkwardness and zero social skills – so it’s only natural that the ghost that’s been living on his staircase found the guts to talk to him. The problem is, people don’t generally take well those kind of gestures of trust, and who’s going to believe Mr. C’s crazy story, anyway?

Miss D – the lady that happens to share room 437 with miss B - has been called a lot of things, from a low-life hooker to a sweet charming angel. She lives a fast life – yesterday at the top of the world, today bleeding in a dumpster, tomorrow - a mystery she doesn’t have the enthusiasm to feel excited about. For the longest time she’s convinced that nothing can surprise her anymore, and when the events that can only be described as supernatural shatter her resolve, she’s the first to say screw it and move on to another city. But you can’t just leave Heather Heights. Try it, and the whole world turns against you, and you’ll be dead before the shadow under your bed whispers “come back”.

Two rooms, four people, one nightmare and a whole city full of mysteries to unravel.

Hi! The name’s Sanya. I’m offering a mystical city sandbox, where you’ll be playing one of the characters listed above, and I’ll be playing pretty much everyone else in the city, from regular people to supernatural creatures that flood it. The plot starts out in the hotel, where the characters first encounter paranormal activity. However, you’re in no way bound to remain there, and can move wherever you wish in the city, explore, investigate, etc. But beware, Heather Heights is a dangerous place, and if you’re a lone wolf rather than a team player, you might soon find yourself defenseless against the forces of evil, and we don’t want that to happen, do we?

Friendship, romance and any other kind of dynamics is allowed inside the group (main character + main character) as well as outside of it (main character + side character). LGBTQ+ friendly.

I’ll set up a character sheets thread when someone shows interest. Until then, feel free to call dibs on the character you’d like to play. Here are some requirements to assure we all go along smoothly:
- Abide by the RPN rules.
- Be polite and respectful.
- Use decent grammar and spelling.
- Be able to write at least two paragraphs per post. If you can and are willing to write more, that’s a great plus.
- Post at least once every two days. It’s okay if you’re busy and need more time, but at least try to warn the other players if there’s going to be a delay in your posting.
- Be 18+, or at least act so. The RP may and will contain mature themes, since it’s inevitable in a horror story.
- General no-asshole rules apply: no Mary Sues, no god-modding, no being a little bitch that only wants to win but never cares to play.

That’s about it. If you have any questions, feel free to respond to the thread or shoot me a PM! The situation so far:

Mr. A – open.
Miss B – open.
Mr. C – open.
Miss D – open.

Thank you for your attention.

interested! Mr A sounds cool but I'm not really calling dibs, more like half dibs lol

I'm interested—I can fill whichever role as needed; they're all cool characters! Talking to a ghost does sound fun for C though, if I were to pick.

I do text descriptions for appearances rather than FC's, if that's alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back