• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Panzer Vorwärts!...Aber mit Anime. A Girls und Panzer RP - Campfire talk (OOC)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Alright I’ve finally finish creating my crew lol. I can’t use my computer at least for these few days and I don’t wanna sort through all the profile pics and name on a phone screen, so I’ll put together the arranged muster roll later

Tank: Churchill MK VII
Details
Armor:152 mm hull and turret front, 95 mm hull sides and turret sides and rear, 51 mm hull rear
Gun: QF 75mm Gun /Two 7.92mm Besa machine guns
Power: Bedford 12-cylinder, 4 strokes, water-cooled, horizontally opposed, L-head petrol engine
350 hp (261 kW) at 2,200 rpm
Speed: 15 mph (24 km/h)
View attachment 871496
Commander: Amai Ringo
Gunner: Fu Nashi
Driver: Yua Ume
Loader: Isonash Kaki
Radio Operator: Zhang Momo

For each crew member:
Name: Amai Ringo
Personality: Amai draws strength from others, but she can be seen as cowardly or unsure when left to her own devices. Though she hides this when around her friends or when others are watching her, she becomes brave and bold in everything she does.
Personal favorite tank: Churchill Series
Background
The crew all live in the same neighborhood with all of their parents being school friends that kept in contact since their own childhood. With most of their childhood interlock, they seem to influence each other through the years, but Amai seems to be the main trendsetter with her latest trend having the group take on a punk/delinquent phase. Leading the group into their teenage rebellion phase though obviously within reason since she has a good poker face, but can be fairly cowardly if things go beyond words. With their debut to the Suwa campus, Amai has become a self-proclaimed delinquent leader of Suwa, and generally with her friends they cause little to no trouble. With such crimes as cleaning up the campus or volunteering aiming to expand her influence.
Appearance: Stands at 4'11 ft or 147cm
View attachment 871498
Name: Fu Nashi
Personality: She is a girl of few words and usually cases a gloomy air no matter where ever she goes, and generally goes along with her group of friend/
Personal favorite tank: Matilida
Fu was Amai's first friend due to them being direct neighbors, though Fu didn't really have a choice in the matter with the scheming Amai always managing to rope her into trouble. Joining Amai "Gang" was no different with Fu's parent owning a drift shop and a tailor it was generally easy for the group to get kitted for their debut. When not being caught up in the gang, hijinks Fu usually reads mangas, fashion magazines, or a newspaper.
Appearance: stands 5'0ft or 150cm
View attachment 871525
Name:Yua Ume
Personality: Yua can be seem as a little dumb or naive, and it usually takes a bit to get her to start moving or acting with urgency. She tends to be the cool head among her friends.
Personal favorite tank: Crusaders Seriess
Background: Yua comes from a cooking family and usually shows off her abilities when with her friend, though it can usually still be hit or miss since she still learning. But as far as Amai is concern she can't cook, but doesn't have the heart to kill her friend's dream. Though Yua's role in the group usually brings in good humor, her naive and dumb remarks usually keep the gang on their toes. All the same, she joined her cohorts in the teen rebellion led by their leader Amai and began to cut cooking classes with her parents to attend after-school activities.
Appearance:5'1ft /155cm
View attachment 871522
Name: Isonash Kaki
Personality: Isonash can come off as harsh and maybe even as nasty, but it's in good faith as she tends to be a mother hen who looking out for her flock. Though it can be at her expense with her lording over her friends regardless of the punishment.
Background: Isonash is the protector of her little groups though she is mostly the most grounded and reasonable of the bunch, with Amai dubbing her the gang enforcer. Though it's likely due to Isonash family back being police she tends to ensure the group activities don't actually go into criminal or anything above annoyance. She practices martial arts since she was little due to her own wish to become a police officer like many in her family.
Personal favorite tank: Cromwell
Appearance: 5'4 ft or 163 cm
View attachment 871516
Name: Zhang Momo
Personality: Zhang is a sharp-witted and diligent girl, and though appearance-wise she doesn't match her friends she is considered the brain.
Personal favorite tank: Valintine
Background: Zhang has always been a critical and logical thinker even when she was a baby, but it seems Amai's charm seems to affect her even when she tries to resist her. Her parents are lawyers she is the best off of all the friends, and usually can get out of most of Amai's plots instead of watching while Isonash attempted to save the scene. Though her parents stop her from getting piercings, dyeing her hair, or adorning a delinquent attire. However, she did take part in the rebel by growing out her hair, though it drives her parents crazy it was one thing the at least gave way to let their daughter join in on her friends after school events.
Appearance:5'0ft or 152cm
View attachment 871529
Hello, hmm, regarding this CS4FDC675C-B5A6-4E86-8227-3B1C10380063.jpeg
Sorry if I sound off as judgemental, but there are a few things I’d like to have clarified

1) Amai Ringo...so, Sweet Apple. Is that supposed to be a nickname?
2) I couldn’t find instances of Ume being used as a Japanese surname, can you give me how you intent to write it? One of it’s kanji (梅) is a Chinese surname alright, and Yua and Ume are both commonly used as given name.
3) It would be great if characters that are not of Japanese or Western origin could be given their country of origin in the background section. I knew there are people called Kaki but I haven’t been able to find where the surname “Isonash” came from, can you give the information regarding her origin?
4) Is Nashi and Momo supposed to be Chinese pinyin or is that an “Chinese people got weird English name” thing?

1) More of just a pun than anything
2) 梅 謙次郎 < Ume Kenjiro> would be the closes I could find since I'm not a scholar to know if its Kanji or Katakana.
3) Isonash "Great Hunter " from Ainu native from the Hokkaido island so they're still Jap least in the name convenience.
4) An no not all. Momo " 桃 " is an English translation reference to peach and Nashi is to Pear which is still in Japanese just translated.

2) 梅 謙次郎 < Ume Kenjiro> would be the closes I could find since I'm not a scholar to know if its Kanji or Katakana.
3) Isonash "Great Hunter " from Ainu native from the Hokkaido island so they're still Jap least in the name convenience.
4) An no not all. Momo " 桃 " is an English translation reference to peach and Nashi is to Pear which is still in Japanese just translated.
1. Since it’s a pun then I guess that’s a nickname? Or would you prefer this as a legit name she got on her passport? I could mark it down as like, 甘井林檎 or something, it would be a major prank by Mister/Missus Amai to name their daughter that lol
2. Alright Ume got a pass. That’s one uncommon surname for sure 🤔
3. Oh, so she’s Ainu. But then the problem would be Isonash is a masculine name, and Kaki...it’s Persimmon isn’t it 🤣 C’mon, you have to pick a feminine Ainu name and get a legit surname from Japan's top 100 most common family names , or you can keep Kaki but still, get a real surname.
4. That’s exactly what it meant by Chinese people got weird English name, it meant naming yourself out of random stuff. But it’s ok though, I actually got a classmate called Apple, and then there’s Princess Peach from Super Mario Bros so Pear would be totally legit. But are you sure you want to RP as Peach Zhang and Pear Fu?

e.g. what’s up with the obsession with Fruits in your team...is it gonna be called Team Fruit?

I’ve been thinking, since Zhang and Fu are both Chinese surnames, I think Nashi and Momo would actually be a decent Chinese name for girls if they were standard Hanyu pinyin. Nashi could be 娜詩 (Nà shī) and Momo could be 莫莫(Mò mò), what do you think?

Yeah, that was going to be the pun more or less either being called the fruit basket or something. And meeting somebody with a missed gender name is hardly a strange thing there are many Sasha that are males. But putting all that aside if it for your admin notes you can have free reign since I don't know Kanji nor Kata, or Pinyin. As for editing their back story, I'm not interested in being the random exchanges student since you beat there. Since Japan has a history with all of its neighbors it wouldn't be strange for Chinese names to cross into the country, so I'm not going to be that picky with how it's written.

Yeah, that was going to be the pun more or less either being called the fruit basket or something. And meeting somebody with a missed gender name is hardly a strange thing there are many Sasha that are males. But putting all that aside if it for your admin notes you can have free reign since I don't know Kanji nor Kata, or Pinyin. As for editing their back story, I'm not interested in being the random exchanges student since you beat there. Since Japan has a history with all of its neighbors it wouldn't be strange for Chinese names to cross into the country, so I'm not going to be that picky with how it's written.

Sasha is a unisex name, it’s a shorten form of Alexander or Alexandra originated from Russian language, however the concept of unisex names was not practiced by the Ainu, hence names were strictly distinguished by gender. considering there’s only like 2 Ainu speaker in the world, I can let this one slide 🤔 but Ainu people are also required by law to have a native Japanese name, so, I guess we can make Kaki her Japanese name with Isonash as sort of a nickname? But you’ll still need a surname.

Regarding the Chinese names, Japan had a rather strict rule with it’s naturalisation process, one of it being the applicants must change their name in a way so it could be written in katakana or hiragana or approved Kanji (for example, Adrian Havill became Eido Inoue, 井上エイド), which is why my German girl char had to change her name in order to become Japanese citizen, it’s not for aesthetic reason. So “Chinese surname crossing into Japan” is not really a thing, if you really want a Zhang or Fu, exchange student is the only possible way. It would make for a fun cross-culture reference, with their real name as Na Shi and Mo Mo and “Pear-chan” and “Peach-chan” as nickname called by their Japanese peer that they may or may not liked 😂

Last edited:
Alrighty done everyone with a issue name got renamed so first hurdle is behind us
Gunner: Gin Nashi
Loader: Dai Kaki
Radio Operator: Akako Momo

Alrighty done everyone with a issue name got renamed so first hurdle is behind us
Gunner: Gin Nashi
Loader: Dai Kaki
Radio Operator: Akako Momo
These name still seem rather...odd, “Dai” is not a name, but you can get surnames with the word “大” like 大西 (Daisai (?), usually pronounced as Onishi) or 大木 (Daiki (?), usually pronounced as Oki or Ooki), while Gin I can let it go, because I kinda like that Gin guy from Detective Conan and it could be written as 陣, but...well, if you put Nashi (なし) into Google Translate, it will tell you it means “None” which would be accurate when you’re not referring to a Pear, this word also mean “None”. Akako and Momo are both given name, would you mind changing the surname to something like Momose (百瀬), Momoi (桃井) or Momotake (百武)?

Sorry if I’m being way too nitpicking with names but I’d appreciate it if this RP could avoid getting those YandereDev names that could potentially cringe people out......to have a better grasp on what I was referring to, check this out
61B9CF31-E2DC-49EB-827B-2DB713B72940.jpeg

Kappakaiju did a really good video on Yandere Simulator that points out how bad he is at using Japanese names. Like naming the nurse the wrong form of Nasu, so instead of her name being 'nurse (ナース Nāsu) ', it was 'eggplant', ナス Nasu. Or naming an artist paintbrush, the noun.

I'll just make them American at this point it seems to much of a hassle not to be "cringe" I'll edit an tweak them to be u.s army brats doing a exchange program with the school.

C945D5CC-4572-46EB-9926-239F0EEC3B2B.jpeg
would there be any objections if I were to take this girl to be the Tankery instructor of our Suwa Girls Academy? (The role of Chono Ami of Oorai)

If there’s no objections then I will add the instructor to the CS page after it’s ready

Hmm, or I’ll put the info about the instructor in the “Lore and Extra” page since it’s kinda empty there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back