• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

OWoD Sabbat

BahariSarael said:
Well, likely going to say as much as your character would. It's up to each player to decide so I won't limit it :)
But you're against things like sharing character sheets and such?

Sheets are the only thing I prefer not to be shared, as it keeps a level of "unknown" to the players, beyond just dot on the sheet. ^-^

I have been bogged down by school work... I should have my sheet polished off before friday.

Well, let me chip in then!

My character's name is Phoebe Monroe, she's a Toreador antitribu who was an aspiring fashion model in her mortal life. She is originally from New Orleans, but was picked up by one of Atlanta's established Cainites while there for a show. She was kept for more than 20 years before finally being given the Creation Rites and allowed to join the Sabbat proper. There's probably some whispering that both she and her Sire have entirely misunderstood the whole 'freedom' thing, but telling others that they're doing freedom wrong is not exactly the Sabbat's thing either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Galatea is a interesting figure. This gargoyle is known to have sold out the Camerilla of New Orleans, and burn their Elysium to the ground. Were this not enough to mark her as odd, she firmly believes that she no longer has a soul. That vampires are not whom they were made out of, and should have the freedom to be whoever or whatever they choose to be, forged from or ignoring past memories....

Hey! I have a better concept to pitch, if it's not too late.

Jenayla doesn't like to give out her last name. Bad memories, or maybe a street-rat's paranoia, but just Jenayla, thanks. If there are neighborhoods in Philly where it's safe to be trans, she never made it into one. The trek down to Big Easy was supposed to take some pressure off, get her away from family that wouldn't talk to her, and friends that wouldn't say shit when their real friends gave her another beating. Turns out it just made the tricks easier to find. Sex tourism—in a bitter irony, so much like Bangkok—was rampant, and the police turned a blind eye so long as they got their share. Locals spurned her for a while, and there were more than a handful of turf fights early on, but at least she wasn't an oogie. Eventually, she settled in, and actually started saving up for HRT. Katrina was real hard on street folk, though. Admittedly, less so once they're dead.

She was embraced before the floodwaters had receded, a literal shovelhead, fleshcrafted into something bulky and smashy and sent in as cannon fodder. If anything but luck got her through those nights, she doesn't know what. Once the fighting slowed, the first action she took was to undo her early fleshcrafting. Seriously, giving her a hypermasculine bruiser build was just gratuitous abuse on top of the rest of the traumas from that time. The fact she -can- finally resculpt herself to match her inner self has been cause for exultant joy, but her lack of training and disfiguring failures have left her scavenging for a tutor; the vampire(s) who embraced her didn't exactly keep records of whose shock troops were whose.

--

I wanted someone who the embrace was like a godsend for, someone who would be grateful to the Sabbat despite its monstrosity. But also someone who would inevitably become unhappy, even disgusted with herself, for direction she took afterward. I have about half a sheet done, but I'm still reading sourcebooks so it's up in the air. I'm impartial to whether Jenayla is a Tzimisce, or just a Pander with enough of that blood to develop Vicissitude.

@Coal seam Fire we did almost the exact same thing, although yours is more refined. I tried to shoehorn being excellent at medicine into being destitute on the streets of Mexico City, which is hard to do elegantly. I should probably come up with a new idea, otherwise we'll be opposite side of the tracks mirrors. ( :P )

I was also considering a gangrel who was a Furry in mortal life, but that's a bunch of laughs, less pathos.

I think you did a better job, and it is a good idea if I do say so myself. ( ;) )

I'm certain I can come up with something else equally interesting.

As shovelheads with 0 pre-freebie background dots, we probably don't have many to pool. What were you thinking?

Depends... want to share a haven if a gargoyle lamenting her appearance, and spends a lot of time hacking and reading stole tremere books?

See, that's my point. You bunk up with roommates when you're broke. We should discuss that. Jenayla bounced in and out of shelters around the city for at least a couple years. She might know some places.

From what I've understood, not all of us have undergone Creation rites, and as such we're not a proper pack nor do we share a Vinculum between us, dunno if that would be a limitation for sharing a haven though, but it seems like it would.

I think vinom and I will have a small shared Domain based on mutual dysfunctional use to each other, but yeah, no pack bonds to my knowledge. We could expand later with some effort and investment.

Having someone on site that can face mortals without running and screaming is a plus...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back