• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

OWoD Sabbat

BahariSarael

The Toreador Antitribu L'haka
Gauging the interest in a Vampire The Masquerade game based in New Orleans after a large scale seige. If interested reply and I will provide more details. ^-^

This sounds like a great opportunity for an OWoD vamp I've been back burnering for a while.

"New Orleans. A city that has been in the grasp of the Ivory Tower for nearly two centuries, now that grasp no longer strangles the damned. In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, the fires of war have burned brighter than ever - the Sword of Caine, enacted their fury upon Prince Marcel's city leaving a wake of blood and destruction. There was little the Prince could do against the onslaught from Black Spiral Dancers, the Uktena, the Awakened, and the Sword of Caine - word has spread rapidly of the fall of one of the Camarilla strongholds of the Americas - now the question is: What part will you play?"

Just a sample of what I plan to do with it - as for guidelines and basic info, I've listed them below:

• Major NPCS will be written up and fully developed as well as posted for players' use.

• Reference Materials that players' may wish to have include Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition, Guide to the Sabbat, New Orleans by Night, and Respective Revised Clanbook.

• A basic understanding of the concept and purview of the Sabbat (I.E. The Sabbat are not just homicidal maniacs, but a great deal more than that - even Monsters have their motivations and morals and the Sabbat are no different.)

• Each player needs a concrete backstory (I.E. At least the Spark of Life Questions), sheet and flexibility - as in, don't expect me to sanction a Blood Brother, Kiasyd, Nagaraja, etc without a -seriously- in depth and good reason.

• Various settings posted and available for player use (Such as areas of the city, clubs, bars, pack havens etc).

• In depth and serious storyline which covers some canon and the experience of a fully fleshed out World of Darkness city.

• If/When this takes off, I'd like at least two posts a week to keep the story and players progressing once the basics have been arranged by both ST and players alike.

• What can be expected of me: I am a Story Teller of the old guard, so I tend to frequently work with players and run games that last at a minimum of a year, this will be no different than that. (Save I won't be sitting at a table or LARP with my players in this case.)

• There is no player cap in this game - which means if someone wishes to join midway through, they are welcome to.

• I would like for the players to begin as a pack, originally not from NOLA, but from one of the major Sabbat cities nearby (I.E. Atlanta, Mexico City), if a pack doesn't form before the game starts, I will do my best to work out the kinks and help the players form a pack so that everyone has others they can call on or work with throughout the storyline.

• WARNING:I have been running Vampire and Werewolf for well over a decade, and have realized some who get into the game do not realize it's scope, so with that being said - consider this as a warning, there will be a fair amount of violence and mature content. If this disturbs a player, I will tone it back some, but I tend to hold to the concept this is a game intended for the mature roleplayers. Second disclosure: It is a game, leave it as a game - if you play monopoly with a friend and take his property, you don't go out and foreclose on his home, so keep in mind what happens IC needs to stay IC.

I will likely add more to all of the above if the interest remains positive, which I hope it does.

I'd probably be willing to play if you can forgive the fact that I'd probably be mostly new to the whole thing, but if given time and enough details I can probably make pretty good posts. I've only played NWoD and even then the most Vampire experience I have is playing a Ghoul.

*Chuckles.* I can forgive a great deal, especially when it's someone coming from another WoD system style. Not terribly much different beyond oWoD has more lore and better overall setting

Then in that case I'll give it a shot for sure. I think it'll be an interesting game if nothing else. New Orleans is full of life and whatnot.

I am most definitely interested!!!!! Been looking forward for a Sabbat game for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems there is quite an interest - tomorrow I'm past the 24 hour limit so I'll see about getting stuff set up, gotta do a bit of research in how to do tabbed posts. :)

I have quite a bit of experience with Camarilla games, but I've never been Sabbat. Im currently considering a Toreador Antitribu, but that may well change.

Esbilon said:
I have quite a bit of experience with Camarilla games, but I've never been Sabbat. Im currently considering a Toreador Antitribu, but that may well change.
Love Toreador Anti.

vinom said:
I'm considering a gargoyle former mage (Virtual Adept).
Gargoyles/Tremere don't really exist in the Sabbat, but if you can provide an adequate backstory - I'm game for it

I'm a big fan of body horror and physical transformations, so I think I'll go either with a Tzimisce, or perhaps a Serpent of the Light if allowed.

I'm not sure what clans would be allowed, I'm familiar with the general lore and some of the clans...I just don't know what's appropriate for this game.

BahariSarael said:
Gargoyles/Tremere don't really exist in the Sabbat, but if you can provide an adequate backstory - I'm game for it
I was created for the purpose of being a functionary of a Tremere elder who was planning on visiting the city, meant to be kept blood bound and used for understanding of the mortals and mages of New Orleans. When a hurricane ruined that planned trip along with much of New Orleans, I found opportunity. My handler did not think to bind me to instructions should the weather stake him, and I let the sun liberate me. I then worked with the enemies of my oppressors to rip the city from them... but now, more then anything I seek a cure, a way back to my life.

I wanted to play a Gangrel and I just found that there was a type of them for Sabbat. So, would that be allowed?

This sounds interesting. I'm only vaguely familiar with V:tM but I've always liked the Sabbat. I know just enough to suggest I might play Lasombra media mogul. Seizing control of the press in New Orleans during the reconstruction would be a major blow to Camarilla control.

Last edited by a moderator:
All of these concepts would work - I'll get everything up in a bit, or tomorrow great deal of stuff to write up.

In reference to Grel in the Sabbat - there are 2 grel types in the Sabbat - city & country, just really difference in disciplines.

BahariSarael said:
In reference to Grel in the Sabbat - there are 2 grel types in the Sabbat - city & country, just really difference in disciplines.
I was thinking I'd go City then, just so you're aware.

Provisional character sheet. Hopefully I didn't make any glaring errors. I was tempted to start on the Path of Cathari, but figured I ought to pay lip service to Humanity for a bit.

Aww man, the character I was making resembles yours a lot, very similar stats with even some of the same specialties.

I'm not a big fan of overlapping characters, I might have to change my concept a bit. (>A>)

[QUOTE="Random Word]Provisional character sheet. Hopefully I didn't make any glaring errors. I was tempted to start on the Path of Cathari, but figured I ought to pay lip service to Humanity for a bit.

[/QUOTE]
I don't see any glaring errors as such, but that doesn't seem like the stats of a media mogul. She has no Leadership skills and no personal Charisma, she lacks the Expression I'd have expected in someone who used to be on TV, and the Investigation and Streetwise of someone who has ever been a (good) journalist. She has some knowledge of the media, and certainly the money and contacts to be in power, but what she really excels at is seducing people and finding out what makes them tick. To be brutally honest, she looks like an heiress who decided to buy a media company for the lulz, but has little to no idea what they're really about. Though I may be biased regarding what a media mogul should look like by having recently binge-watched the Newsroom.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of a media mogul, it's an awesome and useful concept that doesn't see much use, I just think you can do a better job of being one.

Haha, no, your assessment is entirely correct. A media mogul is not a news anchor. Rupert Murdoch is a media mogul. He is not particularly charismatic, and hasn't been a reporter since he worked for his school newspaper. She was definitely born into her money, and I was turned away from the description of Leadership as a Charisma based, 'You follow me because I'm such an awesome person and you love me' skill. I wanted a character who, in true Lasombra style, treats everyone like a puzzle to be solved with incentives and punishments, where success means getting them to do what you want regardless of whether they like you. She doesn't run the companies she owns through personal magnetism, but through leveraging her wealth and power to manipulate all of her employees into serving her interests. Being a reporter isn't actually conducive to running large media corporations. She has employees for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back