• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

OWoD Sabbat

Any personal changes to the cWoD you're instituting?

Tempted to jump in with a Lasombra because it's been a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh, I've wanted to do a CWOD game on here for a long long time! But I have some qualms about the Sabbat, as a dedicated Cammy player.

Both would be fine, amidst typing up the first of a few posts for setting and NPCs. The only changes from cWoD I'm making is the shift of power in New Orleans, and the death of a few of the canonical characters attributed to New Orleans. (I.E. - Prince Marcel, Theo Bell etc, which will be explained within the setting information)

Basically, my goal is to give the players a long standing Sabbat game and for those whom have never seen the faces of the Sabbat beyond blood thirsty villians for the Camarilla a chance to see them in a different light.

I played Camarilla for 8 years of my 23 years playing vamp, the rest has been Sabbat as the intricate politics and battle with humanity/morals are a great deal more pronounced.

A few notes:

I'd like for the players to start primarily as a pack (loosely speaking) of Shovelheads that are ready to prove themselves worthy of the Sword of Caine and the Creation Rites, if that can be managed - I intend on offering a game where both physical, social, and mental sort of characters can flourish and recall the game years from now with a distinct fondness and suspension of disbelief.

Been a bit busier than I had expected this weekend, but still working on the kinks and the major metaplot (which isn't one of WW's clusterf*cks of metaplot)

If any of you have sheets &/or background stories, feel free to PM me them - once I have some of them I'll worl out how you all ended up as a uninitiated pack and tie it to the call that went out for Sabbat to claim stakes in NOLA.

What should I read to find out how I was embraced? I assume shovelheads are mass embraced without much thought, which seems against the typical embracing standards of Lasombra. Should we then be street level, with little if any power from our previous lives?

Esbilon said:
I don't see any glaring errors as such, but that doesn't seem like the stats of a media mogul. She has no Leadership skills and no personal Charisma, she lacks the Expression I'd have expected in someone who used to be on TV, and the Investigation and Streetwise of someone who has ever been a (good) journalist. She has some knowledge of the media, and certainly the money and contacts to be in power, but what she really excels at is seducing people and finding out what makes them tick. To be brutally honest, she looks like an heiress who decided to buy a media company for the lulz, but has little to no idea what they're really about. Though I may be biased regarding what a media mogul should look like by having recently binge-watched the Newsroom.
Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of a media mogul, it's an awesome and useful concept that doesn't see much use, I just think you can do a better job of being one.
Lol took almost my sentiments as well

[QUOTE="Random Word]What should I read to find out how I was embraced? I assume shovelheads are mass embraced without much thought, which seems against the typical embracing standards of Lasombra. Should we then be street level, with little if any power from our previous lives?

[/QUOTE]
Sabbat standard creation is different from the Camarilla in the following ways to reflect the mass embrace for city seige: (Taken from the Guide to the Sabbat Revised)

Attributes:7/5/3

Abilities:13/9/5

Backgrounds:0

Disciplines:4

Virtues: 7 (Unless on a Path, but I would prefer to speak privately with anyone considering a Path)

Hope this helps!

Yup, definitely. My character idea was not appropriate at all, then. I used the straight V20 rules assuming they applied equally to the Sabbat. I'll make something that fits this better.

I was planning on having sold out the Cammy when the Sabbat took initiative against this city.

Oh shoot, I was using straight V20 rules too. And if we're a fresh class of shovelheads, I imagine backgrounds won't make much sense.

Though, I suppose having some backgrounds in mortal societies might make some sense, if they had those resources before being embraced.

So....

Query.

What clans are okay, then? I know the Sabbat have specific clans- what about Antibru? Like... what /exactly/ are our options here?

Tzimisce

Lasombra

Assamite Antitribu

Brujah Antitribu

Gangrel Antitribu(City or Country)

Malkavian Antitribu

Nosferatu Antitribu

Panders

Ravnos Antitribu

Salubri Antitribu

Serpent of the Light

Toreador Antitribu

Ventrue Antitribu

Giovanni Antitribu (Addition due to no clan offshoot)

ToteMaus said:
Though, I suppose having some backgrounds in mortal societies might make some sense, if they had those resources before being embraced.
Yes, that's why backgrounds can be bought with the 15 freebies. :)

[QUOTE="Random Word]What should I read to find out how I was embraced? I assume shovelheads are mass embraced without much thought, which seems against the typical embracing standards of Lasombra. Should we then be street level, with little if any power from our previous lives?

[/QUOTE]
The best place to read is the first bits of Unlife in the Sabbat in Guide to the Sabbat - but your assumption is correct on relative starting, though some leeway can be made in this.

[dice]13836[/dice]

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'll try to figure out my character sheet over the next few days, but I've already figured out my concept and my name/clan.

I have the initial outline for the game almost finished - got much of it posted in my workshop just ironing out the locations (As I'm using actual locations from when I lived in NOLA) and finalizing the NPCs for the game.

No worries - I don't expect to get it fully underway and swinging for at least a week due to all the process I need to go through and between that and bartending it can get pretty hectic. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back