• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Overlord: Who Said Craftsmen Could Not PK?

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Farewell to the Master; And the War He is Going to Start
alchemist-jpg.480168

Acles
The Cave
4503451319102f8f4ced2afe2c7e3918.jpg

Alishia
The Cave
She really shouldn't bother asking where Fabian was; when was he not in the smithy? Sleeping, eating, many joys of living he didn't partake in. Seeing him with a hammer from the smithy made her felt even more pity. Tsk, tsk, tsk, it was good she chose to be an elf and not some strange race like this guy. Otherwise, she probably wouldn't even like guys anymore.

"I'm leaving today. After one more trip to Briar, I'll have everything I need to make Reincarnation Elixir. After sending that back, I'll be sightseeing to E-Rantel."

Once upon a time, she had been asked about the possibility of creating a revival potion. The answer? Impossible. Even the recipe collection compiled by her guild Tall Tree, one of the oldest guilds in YGGDRASIL, didn't have it. Creating one from scratch in this new world was asking too much from her and Acles. So, she settled for the Reincarnation Elixir. Despite its name, the effect of the potion is actually to change one's race. Still, the potion's name and appearance were good enough to trick people.

Acles soon appeared out of her room, carrying with him her magic box, just in time for Arc and his foxy fluffy boi Togemaru to see her. Alishia nodded and repeated what she had just said.

"The war preparation is getting closer to completion. If I don't leave now people will associate me with the army and I can't be a tourist anymore," she pouted. "I still want to assemble a group of handsome servants and travel the world, you know. And it's not like you can't send Message spells. Acles also knows [Gate], so you can call me if there's an emergency."

The automaton bowed at the mention of his name. Alishia didn't tell the whole story. Though he did has the spell, it was tied to his class skill with a cooldown separate from his mana. Unlike Wizards and Mages, he couldn't use it freely.

Mention: HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Kokurai Gaisgeach Kokurai Gaisgeach Haze- Haze- Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow Azure Sky Azure Sky

Arcadia, ????
1625949237981.png
1625949379826.png
"Any news on the bandits?" A soothening female voice asked. She had rabbit ears and a bride-like armor dress.
"Apparently they were murdered." A deep male voice replied. He had the appearance of a lavender purple devil in a suit of the same color. He was holding a normal-looking cane.
"Oh, that's... fine, then... On the other hand, it is strange that people of their ilk so casually managed to get in."
"You believe Carpe Diem has a... traitor?"
"Maverick worked damn hard to re-build this country into something worthwhile. If there is a traitor among these... people, they, together with whoever they are working with shall..."
"Be imprisoned? Brainwashed? Trained? Dead?"
"You know, I was not even considering the first three options..."

A lound knock could be heared from the door.

"Come in." The man said.

"Greetings Sir Spikenard, Lady Headshot. A lady who claims she was saved from the bandits has come forth..."

The rabbit-eared woman smiled calmly.

"I will speak to her myself."

Briar: Towards Some Funny People

"Excellent." Briar was pleased Niche accepted, apparently not the least bit suspecting or interested in her little cheering. He was an excentric man himself, so he did not find otherwise bizzare behaviour to be... bizzare. "Also, with your skills, I believe you would make world-class coats." Briar smiled as he opened the door and let Niche get out first. He then exited as well and closed it. As soon as he was about to turn around and walk with Niche towards Fabian & Co's lair...

Boom

1625950289424.png

A strong ray of blue energy was generated from far above the clouds, reducing his wonderful house to a glowing crater, with the only thing remaining being the door.

Briar casually opened the door and peaked through it.

"Thomas, you alive?"
"I sometimes close my eyes and wake up feeling so in pain." Said Thomas, who was laying down in the middle of the crater.
"Oh, thank goodness."
"The golems and your collection are toast though."
"Oh... I quite liked those..."

Briar shed a tear, while Thomas used his senses to detect abnormalities.

"These were beyond the range of our counter-measures... That witch again... But how... ?" Thomas was lost in thought.

"Oh darn! Are you alright sir Briar?" Aron asked as he was nearby doing some shopping for his new bosses. He ran as fast as he could once he saw the blue light.

"Ah, Aron. Just the man. Would you mind directing us towards the merry bunch you spend time with now?"
"Uhhhh..." Even Aron was confused at Briar's nonchalance.
"Alishia and her friends!" Briar smiled dazzingly, as if to clarify who he was talking about to Aron.
"Uh, no, I got that but..." Aron scrathed his head. Thinking too much hurt. "Fine. Follow me."

"Ok, Niche dear, let's be on our way. And Thomas... " Briar's smiling face and demanour temporarily changed. His eyes were filled with wrath and his voice was chilling. "Please call the carpenters." He then returned to normal and casually followed Aron.

Thomas simply nodded.

The tremors from the ray would be faintly felt from Fabian's cave as well.

Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest
Kokurai Gaisgeach Kokurai Gaisgeach Damafaud Damafaud Haze- Haze- DrabberRogue DrabberRogue PlusUltra PlusUltra

Last edited:
In Another World With The PK-er Queen

Arcturus had not been idle in the two weeks since his fateful meeting with 'Queen Dolce of Harvest.' In addition to trying to learn more about her, he had continued to explore the city in his time alone. This was partially an effort to see if he could uncover anything that might point towards those mysterious people who'd attacked the Adventurer's Guild. Rather more accurately, he suspected it had been more about those inside the guild than the establishment itself. Travelers from another land. Other members of Harvest, he assumed, or at least friends of Dolce. He hadn't asked about them yet, as he was already confident what the answer would be.

It was unsettling to think about. Someone had gone out of their way to target players from Yggdrasil, incapacitating one and outright killing the other. All of a sudden he didn't feel quite so comfortable about his max level superiority. There were clearly forces in this world who could pose a danger to him and Dolce. Him, Dolce, and anyone else who might have been suddenly transported at the closing of Yggdrasil.

Speaking of dangerous, there was Dolce herself. She was interesting. Really interesting. Despite having had a couple weeks to get to know the woman, he actually had more questions now than when they'd first met. All he really knew was that she was a member of Harvest, which would have made him wary in any other situation, and that she very well may be the best damn roleplayer to ever pass through that guildhall. Seriously! Even after having met another player from Yggdrasil, with her life obviously threatened by whoever had attacked her guild mates, Dolce was still unwaveringly committed to remain in character. It was honestly impressive. If she hadn't confirmed she was also from Yggdrasil, he'd have been convinced she was just a particularly powerful native of the new world.

Every time he was with her Arcturus felt as if he were talking to a guild NPC come to life.

Since Dolce hadn't broken character, he decided to play along. He too only revealed information about his character. How he was a traveling magician, guildless and ever wandering. Of course he neglected to mention all the times he'd run afoul of other Harvest players trying to add him or his party members to their tally. No need to stir those memories, on the offhand chance that she might once have been on the wrong end of his magical shenanigans. Although he was pretty sure they'd never met before. Arcturus would've remembered fighting a pretty girl like her...

Not all was business and investigation, however. Arcturus had not forgotten his original purpose in E-Rantel. When he wasn't reflecting on the attack or searching for clues, he was learning more about the world. In particular the young man had moved on from physically exploring the streets to getting a sense for the wider politics of the land. This in part came as a result of his chance meeting with the well-to-do man named Ein. In that acquaintance he saw an opportunity, a contact who might give him an inroad to the upper strata of society without him needing to flex his spell list. Even after becoming associated with Dolce, Arcturus was keen on keeping his cards close to his chest. He was even prepared to spread disinformation about himself if anyone spoke of how he stood when everyone else kneeled at the Silent Beauty's command.

When Dolce approached him to formally ask, nay request, his help Arcturus was found in a tavern. He'd gone there to pass some time and get some breakfast. To eavesdrop on people and play card games. There was one game in particular he'd seen some of the locals playing, and he wanted to see if he could pick it up...

He found it a bit odd, honestly. Given they both were at the scene of the attack, both were from Yggdrasil, and both were probably under threat he'd have assumed they were already postured to cooperate. Arcturus was mid bite of toast when the request came, and he accordingly felt rather obligated to finish chewing before he replied. It wouldn't do to speak to a queen with his mouth full.
"Of course, your majesty." Arcturus nodded with a small smile. Since Dolce called herself a queen, he'd taken to addressing her as such. For his own amusement of course. Although he was always polite in his delivery, if a bit wry. The young man tilted his head as he regarded the lady's fair face, the sunlight catching errant strands of his hair as it shone down into his comfy booth. "Have you eaten yet? Perhaps we can discuss what we've found so far over a good breakfast." It was the most important meal of the day, after all.

Azure Sky Azure Sky

Forward Unto The Future (May It Be Full of Joys and Pain)
Niche & ■■■■
Carpe Diem
"Oh I don't think I deserve such praise, Mr Briar..." Niche sheepishly replied to Briar's praise of her tailoring skills. A fact that didn't go unnoticed by her Master who decided to just let Niche enjoy the praise. After all, they had other things in mind. The strangers they were about to meet for starters. Briar's comments about them being similar to them got them thinking. Were they like these strange people Briar spoke of? Were they even from this land to begin with? What sort of memories lay dormant in both their and Niche's mind? Would meeting the strangers toggle anything? And if so... Will it be worth the trouble or will it open a whole new can of worms?

"Oh thank you Mr Briar." Niche thanked Briar as he held the door open for her. She took a moment to grab her travelling bag before heading off. She was just about to ask Briar something when the very house she just stepped out of was vaporized by a lance of blue energy.

"AH! MR THOMAS!" Niche's thoughts immediately went to the poor feline who lay in the middle of the crater. ■■■■, on the other hand, found the whole situation amusing. Simply noting the demihuman's toughness and comedic timing. "Eh. He'll be fine Niche."

"But..." Niche could barely say a thing as she looked at the motionless but alive and responsive demihuman. She didn't say anything else, the reaction, or lack thereof, of Briar to the whole situation seemed to spell out that this was... An expected outcome. Somehow. They were soon joined by Aron, who other than asking if Briar was alright, seemed just as confused as she was at the whole scene. Maybe it wasn't a common thing to have your house suddenly get orbital lasered. After a short and surprisingly intense conversation between Briar and his wards, he beckoned for Niche to follow along. Like losing a house did nothing to change their plans.

"Uh.... B-Bye Mr Thomas... Stay strong..." Niche meekly bode the feline farewell before following Brair as they made their way to his friends' abode. As they walked, Niche decided now was as good a time as any to start asking questions.

"Um... Mr Briar? What... just happened earlier?"

Azure Sky Azure Sky

Go for a Walk...
Creator_san, AK-12|200 Iota & Fushicho Delta
HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Damafaud Damafaud Azure Sky Azure Sky Haze- Haze- Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow

As Creator_san relaxes for a bit and the maids continue to help around in tidying the place for Fabian and the others, she felt a low rumble on the groud akin to that of a bomb going off somewhere distant but nearby.

Wondering what was that about, she spoke with her maids and they too felt it and it wasn't anyone from the workshop nor of the cave. Curiosity got the better of her and she hopped off of her chiseled stone chair and heads towards the exit of the cave.

"Fabian! We're going out to investigate something! We'll be right back!" Creator_san said.

"Mother, are you sure about this? This might be just someone testing out your weapons you helped create with Mister Fabian." Fushicho Delta said as she expresses worry.

"Don't worry about it. I've been looking for am excuse to go out again and take a walk around." Creator_san said as she happily trots to the exit.

"Delta, Don't worry. Trust in our Mas- I mean Mother. Here. Have a pat pat." The Automaton, Iota said as she gently pats Delta's back as they walk together.

"Gotcha." Delta said in reply smiling at her sisters attempts to make her feel at ease.

Creator_san looked back to the two and smiles at the sight of seeing the two act like sisters giving her that warm fuzzy feeling as they head towards the distant rumbling of whatever that was.

Bri-ah

What was it called again? The string theory? A bunch of seemingly unrelated objects and creatures connected by metaphysical strings. Affecting one would affect the other in bizarre ways. Was it because of that? Was it the low-quality wood he discarded in the flames of his fireplace? Was it the insects in his garden that he killed? Was it the plants that got partially eaten and he failed to protect? Was it some unrelated farmer somewhere at the wrong end of a high-tiered spell? Briar pondered which one it was? Which metaphysical connection related to the destruction of his house. As he was lost in thought, he took out a knife and carved a beautiful sculpture of Alishia from a wood that magically materialised in his hand.

"Um... Mr Briar? What... just happened earlier?"

Niche’s question echoed through Briar’s mind, interrupting his initial thought process.

“Ah, it seems someone tried to tease me, dear Niche. Alas, their prank was a bit too… naughty.” Briar left it at that. He expressed himself in his usual jovial way, but was yet again distraught by something…

How did I get this?” He asked himself, looking at the wooden sculpture of Alishia. Pondering for a short while, he eventually decided he would offer it as a gift.

“Worry not, dear Niche. We will get at the bottom of this. In time.” With that said, Briar continued to follow Aaron until they would arrive at the cave.

“We are here now, sir Bri- ah. Lady Creator_san.” The half-orc has startled by the sudden appearance of the high-level player hastly exiting the cave.

Briar raised an eyebrow as he sized her up.

"I like your sense of fashion." He said with a bright smile. "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. My name is Briar. I am but a mere man that enjoys the interesting things in life. This here with me is my adorable and extremely skilled assistant, Niche." He gestured towards the young girl.

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Damafaud Damafaud Kokurai Gaisgeach Kokurai Gaisgeach Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow Haze- Haze-

Two Leave, Two Enter.

As Aaron lead the two back towards Fabian's home and workshop, Alma drifted about on the thermals, her obsidian black scales a mere speck to the eye as she watched the trio. Aaron didn't seem to be under any sort of duress, but she always did have a hard time reading the half-orc. He seemed to only have to moods, Excited, and over the top excited. Honestly, his overabundance of optimism was kinda sickening in a way for the Psi-dragonling. None-the-less, she reported her findings to her master.

"Master, the Half-orc whom can't hit a stationary target has returned... With two guests... Shall I intercept?" She asked through their telepathic link, sending along a live feed of what she was seeing. She could feel Fabian's annoyance rise up for but a moment before going cool once more.

"No my love, let them through. For now they are guests. The kid better have a good explanation for this... First Alishia and Achles are leaveing and now two new mouths to take their place.... This better not bite us in the ass..." he thought back before summoning his daughter Mitheria to attend him and the soon be arriving guests.

Making their way up towards the mouth of the cave, he could hear Aaron exclaim his surprise at seeing Creator_san. Exiting the subterranean lair, both Fabian and his daughter came up beside the other player. Alma quickly made herself known as she swooped in and took up her usual spot on Fabian's shoulders staring at the two strangers.

"Aaron, I see you brought home guests. You should have alerted me to this, so that i may have better prepared the hall." Fabian said with feigned joviality while giving the underling a look that could best be described as "You are going to explain yourself in a few minutes and I better like the answer". Turning to face the two outsiders he gave a small smile. "Welcome to Hammerdeep, well an outpost of it. I am Fabian Dul'aan, Leader and head Smith of Hammerdeep. Please follow my daughter Mitheria. She will take you to the hall for refreshments and a chance to relax some before we talk. Aaron and I shall be with you shortly. I just need to confer with my apprentice."

Azure Sky Azure Sky Kokurai Gaisgeach Kokurai Gaisgeach Damafaud Damafaud Haze- Haze- Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow

"An unexpected parting, an unexpected arrival."

Curiosity Killed The Fox.

Taking a break. | On a stealth mission...

"Kuh...!" - A guttural noise left Arc, recoiling as if he'd been struck in the gut by an invisible force, falling to his make-shift cane, his wooden katana, arching under his weight as he leaned on it and continued with a broken, pained voice - "Are we really that bad? Not even throwing a farewell party, just leaving immediately...! Good grief..." - The fox was all grin as he fanned the now drama queen Arc with his hands, who's gaze darted away from Alishia with the over the top intensity of the cliche damsel in distress on the verge of fainting from mere shock.

Chuckling to himself, Arc straightened up, flinging the sword over to the Fox as he did. Not bothering to spare a look as he knew Togemaru would catch it. After weeks of Toge bugging him to "train" on every occasion, Josuke felt as if he instinctively knew what the other was thinking. It was weird how repeating the exact same routine with someone got you 'connected' with them somehow, almost as if it'd become second nature to act as coordinated as they were. Same jokes, same attitude; even if the Fox only understood about 10% of his Master's slang.

It wasn't easy being bashful and obnoxious at all times, so they shared the flair.

"I do get the feeling, though. I never really got around to traveling the world and all that, so it is quite enticing now that we have a second chance to do so." - Josuke said with a more amicable set of words that didn't quite match his usual impassive self, he sighed and carried on with a smirk - "Don't really have a parting gift since it's kinda sudden, but do let me know if you need the whereabouts of any nice looking, "non-troublesome" spots." - He was practically a whole tourist guide and amateur survivalist at this point, after all that exploring.

He returned to his usual scoff - "And don't hesitate to fly me a message when trouble gets in the way of building your harem. I made a knight's vow for a reason, y'all are just not using me correctly." - He shrugged. A man so bored could only yearn for laboral exploitation

"Whoa...!" - Just as he was about done with his side of the farewells, a distant boom that slightly reverberated throughout the cave caught him off guard. A small chunk of ceiling falling down as a surprise attack to the Fox after anti-climatic seconds of wait. Togemaru brushed off the aching sensation with only a minor grumble.

Arc on the other hand, [...Resonance] Silently casted the only recognition spell he knew like the back of his hand, only receiving the same amount of beeps as always.

"Nothing to worry about...?" - Is what he thought after Creator-san and her maids rushed into the room claiming they were out to investigate the ruckus. It surely was going to be quite the eventful day, though he couldn't be bothered at this point. If there was no need for him to stick his snose into the situation, then there was no need for him to be there for too long. They knew where to find him if they for some god-forsaken reason needed him.

The sudden arrival of Briar and the happy-go-lucky half orc dwindling his will to stay as a third party for a second longer. Not only was he terrible at keeping up with multiple people in a conversation, but he was also still looking like he'd been in a trainwreck just recently. Besides, he did not need a third eye to figure out that Fabian was looking at Aaron with murderous intent; and much like Alishia, that is something he did not want to be held accomplice for - "I'll dig a grave for you, Aaron."

This is were the only good thing about being a ghost came into the equation, vanishing out of sight was child's play. Though he did linger in the room for a moment, eyeing the newest face brought into the spotlight. This girl, she had nothing remarkable about her, no striking features aside from her simple fashion sense that brought this uncanny feel when compared to all the overblown cosplayers running wild in this world. Though there was something that piqued his interest, mundane features and all, The Darkeater's Heart was shooting daggers at her with a scorn more intense than the one it gave to those putrid undead lurking at night. More specifically, the orb's glare fell upon the girl's headwear.

Was it also fond of her style? Unlikely, there was only one plausible conclusion he could come to. That girl was hiding a monster.

It'd be an understatement to say that many chose to equip the orb and deal with it's curse only to unlock the 'Demonsbane' class hidden behind it; almost everyone went through the struggle to obtain The Darkeater's Heart only to unlock that class, as the effects of the orb itself were seemingly lukewarm. But as Arc found out shortly, 'Demonsbane' wasn't a class for him. It was in the name, a class meant to deal high damage to demons or anything related to the undead, and dealing several ticks of touch-damage to himself everytime he used any skill from Demonsbane was simply not his playstyle. Though he did find an use for the orb, not only did it negate a variety of effects common for an undead-type enemy to cast, but it also notified the bearer of any player capable of casting such party tricks against him.

In the new world, it reacted violently to negative karma and malicious beings, as if it seethed at the sight. And as of now it had been trembling without control when the girl lined up with Arc's peripheral.

Was he worried about it? Not exactly, he was more corcerned about the fact he'd have to keep the orb in check near their new guests. Even more reasons to leave the room.

Though before he did...

[Soul: Resonance]

If he wasn't completely invisible right now they would've seen him with the dumbest smile he'd made so far. Boss sure was a player magnet, it was getting ridiculous at this point.

Minutes after, the duo was finally at the bathing pool reaping a well deserved rest. The homesick revenant sat down near one of the edges of the pool with both his arms inside it, silently casting a weak fire spell to heat up the now steaming hot waters, completely still as his slumped posture made his hair fall over his face. The wam air seeping in did good to the lungs, the heat spreading throughout his corpse, a sweet delusion of a lively feeling that made pale blue skin now brandish a sickly yellow hue; he took a deep breath

"Haaah...." - This is what peak tranquility felt like.

He reminisced of those grim nights he snuggled close to raging fires to feel a little heat enveloping him, to momentarily be not a ghost inhabiting a cold, dead body; the warmth emanating from these improvised hotsprings were the only thing capable of making him feel human for once.

Josuke's memory was clouded by sudden bursts of emotion but he didn't need to do mental gymnastics to remember that, even in another world, a good dip in thermal waters could heal the soul.

On the other side of the pool, a pale fox sat at the edge of the pool, tracing a trail of waves with his paw on the water, his crimson stare set into nothingness, tired eyes that had lost the light of day. This was no regular eyestrain, nor lack of sleep, Togemaru was bored out of his mind. He still had some leftover energy from their training session and the tiresome sensation of staying put in spite of all his inner hyperactiveness began to burn at the forefront of his mind, breaking down to a definite conclusion, the fox needed to get out of there.

The room tilted, gradually shifting and becoming smaller as Togemaru returned to his human form. He stumbled as he regained a new yet familiar sense of balance, almost falling off the edge of the pool before catching himself as to not wake his Master from his "slumber". He couldn't hear the clamor of conversation from outside but, to his delight, he could still track down their scent. What was his plan? Well, trailing behind the war maidens and their master, of course.

He had made a knight's vow as well, after all. And a party was never truly full without four members. In other words, Togemaru had been taken ahold by an inquisitive spirit. Adventure beckoned to him, the howling wind whispered his name. Togemaru had an impish grin from ear to ear as he hid it behind one of his masks. The overall lentitude of this day, plus the curiosity building up thus far after that "We're going out to investigate something." from Creator-san, had awakened his nosiness.

Of course, any normal individual would just ask if they could join, but t'was too simple; kid's stuff, undemanding and lacking originality.

Besides, the mask was already on. Might as well give it a shot - "It has been a while since I've taken a stroll through town..."

Though he would first have to fight down a streak of stealthy maneuvers as to not be noticed by his Master. To his disdain, however, Togemaru took too long to remember that Arc had learned a thing or two from Zenryu -- Well, not exactly learned. Thanks to the dragonoid, he remembered there were more than just one area-scan spell in his repertoire. And as the fox tried to take that first step he immediately turned into a statue when his Master slowly turned his head in his direction. The revenant's expression was unreadable from all the hair covering his face, and the dead silence made Togemaru's heart miss several beats. It was something out of a horror movie-

Josuke simply waved him off and got back to his daydreaming. Togemaru smirked under his mask, that was all the permission he needed.

Mentions/Interactions:
Damafaud Damafaud Azure Sky Azure Sky HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow Kokurai Gaisgeach Kokurai Gaisgeach

Last edited:

A Ghost from a long abided Past.
HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Damafaud Damafaud Azure Sky Azure Sky Haze- Haze- Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow

Creator_san was taken aback by Briar's comment, how did his assistant knew her name when she spent a most of the time holed up in the cave privately working alongside fabian in making firearms or just being around forest nearby? How much of her he knows? Thoughts raced into her head one after the other, fueling her coyness to strangers she met but nevertheless tried to suppress the urge of falling back into shyness. However. her line of overthinking was soon shattered by Iota who tugged her sleeve.

"Master. Its Mister Aaron and Mister Briar." Iota spoke, however her gaze turns to Niche who somewhat reminds her of someone. Iota's words managed to calm Creator_san's mind down to the point she remembers them. Fortunately on the outside it wasn't visible.

"Ah. T-Thank you Mister Briar and Hello, Mister Aaron. I tend to like outfits that are... Militaristic yet stylish in nature." She nods towards Briar and his partner. However... her eyes turn to Niche as she was struck with the sense of nostalgia, sadness and a heartache. She couldn't help by keep her gaze on the frail looking little girl right beside Briar as slowly her shyness gets replaced with curiosity.

Could it be?
Is it really her?
Everyone in Yggdrasil got sent to this New World.
Could it be her?
There is only one way to find out.

"Master. She seems familiar." The Automata, Iota spoke in a hushed tone as she looks towards Niche.

"I Don't know who she is but if she's making your skin crawl Iota, I'll be ready." Delta said as she pats Iota's shoulder before positioning herself on Creator_san's left.

"Your name is Niche huh..." Creator_san spoke as she stares at Niche. Her eyes making contact with hers. before non-chalantly saying: "Ori no naka no tori wa jiyū ni sekai ni dai konran o motarashimasu. The Bird in the Cage is set free..."

Creator_san smiles towards Niche while her gaze slowly drills onto Niche's mind.

Last edited:

• Departing Without an Issue; Seriously, is Fabian a Trouble Magnet or Something?
    alchemist-jpg.480168

Acles
    The Cave

7850c743ccf83a788481803fab10f511.jpg

Alishia
    The Cave
    Oh no, Arc was saddened by her departure! ...not! Alishia rolled her eyes exaggeratedly, not eating into his performance even one bit. "Yes, yes, so heart wrenching. The most beautiful woman in the group is leaving, and you will be left with poor Creator_san and the other warmongers here. As if I'm going to believe you care that much!"

Acles had finished packing up and merely stood in waiting for his young mistress. He had also notified the rest of her- cough, 'staffs' in Carpe Diem to prepare for a journey. The mention of her harem earned Josuke a lecherous smile that looked out of place on the immaculate face of an elven beauty. "Hehe. Knight's vow. I'll call you later. Oh, and if any of you happen to run into a powerful-"

Whatever remark Alishia was going to make was swallowed by a vibration that shook the entire cave. Acles helped Alishia steady on her feet before swiftly dashing out of the cave and to the air to check the source of the explosion. Then, his [Terrain Map] noticed a familiar figure closing by. While others rushed out to meet the guests, Alishia waited for Acles in the cave.

"Young miss, it's Briar. His house now a crater and he is coming to this cave with his attendants," informed Acles perfunctorily. He neglected to mention that Briar was stopped by Creator_san and her creations, that Aaron was leading them, or that there was an unknown and powerful girl following them. Time did not allow. Fabian, Josuke, and the rest had rushed to meet them.

Alishia creased her brows. Was Briar involved in the struggle? "Let's leave town now. It's a pity about the Reincarnation Elixir, but it's going to be troublesome if we stay and chat. Ignorance is bliss, so let's leave!"

"As you wish."

Two figures darted into the sky above those who were waiting at the entrance to the cave. Acles carried Alishia once more on his back, with a combination of [Greater Haste], [Fly], and [Invincibility] on them. Many would still be able to sense them, though the pair cared less since anything too complicated would take time. Those who could see through [Invincibility] would notice that while Acles had kept his rugged yet luxurious Archaicgold Shirt and Alishia had relinquished her Green Lord Armor for something more subdued.

The mistress and servant swiftly disappeared from sight, landing just before Carpe Diem.

Mention: HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Kokurai Gaisgeach Kokurai Gaisgeach Haze- Haze- Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow Azure Sky Azure Sky

Attachments

• 1627632128038.png
    1627632128038.png
    423.4 KB · Views: 0
Its Only A Burning Memory
Hammerdeep Cave
Niche & N-■■■
"A.... prank...? I see... That was a very naughty prank indeed." Niche huffed, putting on a rather adorable angry pout with her arms crossed. How dare they ruin a place her Master was slightly fond of! And the wasted pelts! She was going to attempt making a coat so grand even her Master would love it! But its all dust and ashes sitting in a crater or coating Thomas.

"Its been awhile. Since you were this angry." ■■■■'s sleepy mental yawn reverberated through Niche's skull as she felt an odd compulsion to yawn too. A common occurrence through the whole day due to her Master's preference for staying up at night and sleeping through the day. Ultimately it does mean that Niche only gets 5 hours of sleep at best but she didn't mind if it meant enjoying her Master's company. Anything to spend more time with her beloved Master. "I actually enjoy seeing you this agitated. Makes me happy."

"M-Master?" Niche was rather disturbed but touched by that statement. Was it praise? It sure sounded like it. Rather odd praise but still praise nevertheless, and it made her feel all warm inside. Such was Niche, a simple person who wished only for praise from her beloved Master. It was then that Niche realized that Briar was still talking to her.

"Oh s-sure Mr Briar. I'll try my best to help in any way." Niche quickly replied, now feeling extra happy. It seems Briar has taken to her role as his assistant well enough to think about including her in his (possible) revenge scheme against the house's destructor. Something her Master picked up on but didn't comment on yet Niche could feel their silent approval at her thinking. After all, they did make her that way. ... Did they? That thought lingered in her mind when Aaron announced their arrival to Bria- C̴̲̈́r̴̪̳͂ė̸̩̳a̷̙̞͘t̸̓ͅo̷̕ͅȑ̵̨̛͍_̵̮̣̎̋s̷͔̀̄a̶̠̭̍̀n̴̩̿͝ͅ?̸̻͕͌ ̴͈̯̓

"Ah...." Niche stood frozen, unable to not look away from the woman in the strange military garb. Wait... How would she know that its a military garb? Its nothing like the clothes the guards wear here and yet she knew. But not just the clothes. The woman who wore them. Why was she familiar? And that emotionless maid next to her too. Who was she? That phrase she said at the end too. "Who.... Ah!"

"WHO IS SHE? WHY DO WE REMEMBER HER? Why am I feeling sadness.... And....." Niche clutched her head in pain as her Master's agitation grew. She could feel the talons that were sunken deep into her brain dig in deeper, the girl now stumbled back in pain and nausea. It was never this painful when her Master took over at night. This was different. There was another emotion behind this. A raw emotion that bubbled to the surface. "Ȧ̵͓̟N̶͇̎G̵̮͛̀͜E̸̹̠̒Ŕ̴͙͍̒... T̷̳͝o̶̹̒t̵͇͝ȩ̵̛ ̶̻͠s̸̘̍i̷̤̎e̴̗̿..."

"Master... S-Stop..." Niche whimpered out loud. Not caring that the others could hear her. The truth would be known soon. "It hurts.... Please...."

"Who are they....? Why do I... recognize them...? Wh-" ■■■■ thoughts were halted when Fabian, Alma, and Arc came. "Them too....? Why... Why do I recognize them...? B̵̟̳̽̎ṳ̴͛t̷̟̀̈́ ̷̧̻́́n̷̢͊o̸̡̯̕t̷̽ͅ ̸̙̈́͝m̵̢̮͒͘y̷̝͂s̶͚̭͛̅é̶͇͚l̸͈̓́f̷̻͋͜͠?̶̗̀̈́"

"M-Master... Ah!" The pain in Niche's head intensifies and she began to slowly feel her limbs turning numb even as she collapsed onto her knees. The familiar crawling sensation shot up her spine as her Master's voice slowly devolved into the strange and unknown language she would hear them speak once in awhile. It started as a whisper before devolving into a rant that slowly consumed her very thoughts until naught remains but its endless echoing in her head. As this happened, Niche's skin started to turn paler before taking an almost corpselike tinge of blue. Her head suddenly threw back into a skyward silent scream, an expression of horror frozen on her face. The sclera of her eyes darkening into a sea grey colour with the irises slowly gaining an unearthly pale yellow glow similar to moonlight.

Just as suddenly as it starts, it ends with "Niche's" body suddenly slumping forwards onto the floor. After a brief moment of motionlessness, "Niche" started to slowly push herself off the floor and rise to her feet. Her slouched posture made it apparent that whoever was controlling the body was ready to react at any action done towards it. "Niche" slowly raised her head and looked at the people that gathered there before fixing her gaze at Creator_san. It was a strong gaze that carried their feelings of curiosity, caution, and loathing.

"W̷h̸o̶ ̴a̷r̴e̵ ̴y̷o̵u̶?̷"

Azure Sky Azure Sky HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Kokurai Gaisgeach Kokurai Gaisgeach Haze- Haze-

Demon Lord's Gambit

Just as Niche began to transform. Delta and Iota pulled out their weapons and assumed defensive positions before Creator_san steps forward and made them lower their weapons much to the confusion of the two battle maids that escorts her.

It's her...
But she doesn't remember me?

What happened to her?
Did her isekai went wrong?
No... it can't be.

Our Promise to one another...
It finally happened...
But... not like this...

No... it shouldn't end like this.
I must fulfill that promise we had.
I'll make her remember.

"Master, stand back! She's dangerous!" Delta said as she protested after Creator_san made her lower her greatsword.

"Master. I'm not sure if that's Niche that we know." Iota said as she points her Anti-Material Sniper Rifle. But before the two maids could say anything more, Creator_san spoke
"First of all girls... Do not call me Master anymore. call me Mother..." She said while not breaking her gaze towards 'Niche' "And to answer your question my dearest. I go by many names... Demon King of the Sixth Heaven, The Gun Sorcerer, Military Uniform Girl but most of all..."

[Racial Skill: Transform]
Creator_san removes her hat before transforming right in front of them revealing her powers as a Doppelganger as well as shocking Fuschicho Delta who has never seen her master's true form.
and her arms wide open as smiles towards Niche giving a welcoming aura to ease the tension in the air.

1.png

"Behold. My true form. The one who you call Her Best Friend and Long abided companion Creator_san." She said as she bows towards Niche. "But I feel that you do not recognize me. It is a long time since we last met afterall." Creator_san paused for a bit before kneeling in respect towards 'Niche' which confused Delta who has never seen her Master kneel before someone.

I hope this plan works...!
Wait. Since when did I start planning things ahead!?

"Maybe I can help you remember again if that is the case. No Hostilities just pure and unadulterated friendship between the two of us... Nyamiko-san~" She said as she smiles in a feign of confidence. She know this was a massive gamble as it may trigger her into a frenzied rage of anger and attack everyone in the vicinity. But this was the only way to go to see how much of Nyamiko remembers her, as nerve wracking as it is she braced herself of the potential failure and backlash.

Meanwhile in the back. Delta was stunned to see her Master's true form, Her looks from head to feet was identical to hers making her think that she's looking at a mirror, however her shock and awe towards the revelation was soon replaced with deep thought before being snapped out of it by her big sister Iota who patted her on the back.

"Imōto stay frosty. Let Master do the talking and hope that her plan works." Iota nonchalantly said.

"R-Right... but still..." Delta said as she looks at Creator_san who's currently in her true form. "Master... looks a lot like me."

Dolce Vita

Dolce smiled politely at Arcturus’s request. “My race has no need for food or drinks, but I shall keep thee company.” As she took a seat at the same table as Arcturus, she could feel the gazes of the other humans in the tavern. The women started whispering and the men just stood there as if hypnotised by hear beauty. Regardless, none dared approach. Despite her attractive appearance, there was an emotion stronger than infatuation in the hearts of normal people gathered in the tavern.

[Aura of Absolute Fear: level 1]

Fear was power. Fear got things done. Above all, absolute fear was proper crowd control, and that was what Dolce was going for. As Arcturus ordered his food, Dolce silently analysed the man for a while. A wandering traveller and not belonging to any guild, he said. The information was lacking, which would normally cause a certain degree of distrust from the NPC Queen of Harvest. However, Dolce was no longer the same as when she was first transported to the New World.

Dolce did not give nay useful information about herself either. Her being from Harvest and being the leader of the NPCs was the truth, alas not much to go for. Did Arcturus even know Harvest or care for her position within it? He may not have even been from Yiggdrasil as Dolce suspected. He may have even been or could have become an enemy in the future. But Dolce only cared about the present, and she would carry herself with poise and dignity in front of situations, or individuals, that generated reasonable doubt until proven otherwise. Because she was a queen.

“On my constant visits to E-Rantel, I discovered two particularly curious elements. The first is this beggar that does not feel like a beggar, and the second is the perception of the citizens, or lack thereof.” Dolce got straight to the point, but refrained from elaborating, to see Arcturus’s reaction first. There was a third curious element as well, regarding some new hunters, but they were less of a concern for the moment.

Above their heads, a green fly was flying in circles.

DrabberRogue DrabberRogue Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow

Oh The Wonderful Gossip We'll Cause~

Immortal races really were missing out. The food in E-Rantel may not have compared to the gourmet masterpieces of Yggdrasil, but food is food. Not eating meant missing out on the blessing that was bacon in the morning. Eggs, bacon, hash browns, and of course the toast already in front of him. All he was missing was orange juice, which apparently non-magic tavern owners didn't have the means to make in a medieval isekai city. A shame to be sure, but coffee would do nicely in its stead.

Once the rest of his breakfast had been ordered, Arcturus spared a curious glance towards the other patrons of the tavern. It seemed they, or more specifically Dolce, had attracted quite a lot of attention. Perks of sitting across from a local legend, he supposed. He couldn't help but wonder just what everyone else was whispering about them. How would it affect his reputation to be seen meeting The Silent Beauty, alone, over a hearty breakfast? It was almost enough to make him want to listen in...

As his piercing blue gaze shifted back to meet her majesty's striking stare, Arcturus couldn't help feeling a little lucky. It was like when they first met. Dolce had a way of making him feel special by merely lending her attention. She struck such an imposing figure, the very way she carried herself making her seem important. He had to admit just meeting her eyes was a little intimidating. Although he suspected that perception may have been in part due to some sort of fear effect. It was difficult to tell for sure, since he himself wasn't properly affected, but there did seem to be a noticeable exclusion zone around their booth. A cozy little sunlit corner reserved just for them.

"A beggar that does not feel like a beggar..." Arcturus echoed. How very elucidating. He gave The Queen a somewhat bemused look as he took another bite of toast, buffering his response for a few seconds. Brief though her intel was, Dolce had still pointed out at least one point of interest which he had noticed as well. Although he imagined he likely hadn't come into contact with it nearly as much as her, owing to his relatively discreet conduct so far. That being the apparent perception filter causing everyone to somehow miss the magnificent visage of Mr. Bones' spooky companion. Speaking of which, "Then you've noticed as well." Arcturus gestured with his toast still in hand, tilting his head slightly. "How things outside the norm tend to go unnoticed by the populace?" As he paused between thoughts, that toast found its way to his mouth again, providing a forced hesitation to his speech.

"Now I don't know of any unusual beggars, but in that same vein I was approached by a rather mysterious man a couple weeks ago. It was the same day I first met you, as a matter of fact." With a flick of his left hand, a single golden coin appeared between his fingers, showing the winding design of the world tree upon its face. "He did not give his name, however he had an especially curious demeanor and kept the company of an odd skeletal figure upon his shoulder. A figure which, as far as I could tell, only I saw." With that, Arcturus rested his left elbow on the table and lifted the piece of toast to his lips. "Rather rude, if you ask me. He didn't even acknowledge my introduction..." He jokingly complained, though only a small smirk and a twinkle in his eyes revealed the young man's amusement. Finally he took the final bite from his buttered appetizer, beginning to idly twirl that golden coin between his fingers while he watched Dolce for her response.

Azure Sky Azure Sky

Last edited:
The Lady and The Hunters
E-Rantel Outskirts
Nachtkrapp Hunters
"Boss? You felt that?"

"Yes. I think..." Nanaba looks off towards where they felt the sudden spike in psychic energy. A very faint spike over the usual baseline but a familiar one. The three hunters stopped and stared down the forest path where they felt the spike slowly dip to the usual baseline. Nanaba heard a light thump as Sanzo punched a nearby tree in frustration, leaving a decently sized splintered crater in the bark. His punch disturbed the nest of birds in it which fluttered away in panic. "Sanzo."

"Yes Boss. Apologies." Sanzo sheepishly replied, adjusting his helmet before looking ahead at their path back to E-Rantel. Nanaba then heard the sigh of Ichiro as she stood looking visibly irritable and glum. Their earlier assessment was right, their morale was dipping faster than the bullet drop of a long distance shot. Nanaba was about to start another morale boosting mini speech when the distant sound of voices and a carriage could be heard rolling down the path towards them. With a simple hand signal, the three hunters split up and went about to positions. Sanzo, with his imposing frame, stood in the middle of the path, hand by the hilt of Motivator. Ichiro quickly scaled up a nearby tree and hid herself amongst the branches, rifle aimed down the road. Nanaba used their grappling hook and joined by Ichiro's side, peering through the brush with a monocular.

"Looks like a single carriage. I count 3, no 4 guards." Ichiro reported, adjusting her scope at the distant group. Nanaba also peered at the group and noted the carriage. Tacky looking, most definitely belonging to someone important based on its appearance and the magical enchantments. Another thing Nanaba noted was the people riding along the carriage. Its clear they are hired adventurers but all of them have one thing in common. They are all handsome in their own unique way.

"Boss, you feel that?" Ichiro asked to which Nanaba merely nodded. They knew what the automaton meant. There is an odd pressure coming from the carriage. Like whoever was in it is clearly... Different. Almost familiar even. Nanaba quickly made a small trilling birdcall. A simple signal for Sanzo. Halt the carriage and inquire their destination and who was in the carriage.

"Good call. I have the coach driver in my sights." Ichiro chuckled as her scope focused on the orc coachman. Nanabe simply patted her shoulder, another signal to fire on their command. Even as the coach approached, Nanaba still has one thought in their mind.

Was the spike they felt their Jaegermeister?

Damafaud Damafaud

Cross Path with a Mysterious Group; Keep Your Hands Off My Boys!

alchemist-jpg.480168

Acles
8e286b2f9fe4f09048961c04337624e8.jpg

Jaskier the Bard

Guard#1

ebc3f4624db954220e1c3b97d6da7a3d.jpg

Alegni the Warrior
Coach Driver

eb78084efcfe69cf5c7e8eae56a4f88a.png

Zach the Rogue
Guard#2

The first one to notice the other group was Acles. His [Mini Map] showed the grey circles representing the assailants turning red, making clear of their hostility. He frowned. The movement and size of the group did not look like any bandits they had scouted days before for entertainment.

"Young Miss, it appears we need to prepare for a blockade ahead."
"Hm- eh?"
"Some of our guards may die."
"What?!"

That caught her attention. Acles also thought of the matter carefully. The guards not only looked good, but also quite strong for adventurers' standard, since according to the miss, 'strength has sexiness'. Even the weakest of the bunch, Zach, was around the level of a Gold Adventurer. For their assailants to be around the level of Platinum Adventurers... it would be best if they didn't need to fight at all.

The group soon grew close. Alishia inside was already on her toe, [Delay Silent Cast Magic: Shield] hovered on the tip of her fingers, ready to be released at a moment's notice. Zach, the one with the sharpest eye of the three guards, was the first to notice the change in atmosphere. He soon fell silent. Without his chatter, Alegni and Jaskier soon noticed something was wrong as well.

Slowly, the carriage came to a halt. Zach approached forward in his horse, his hand resting on his rapier.

"Oy, big guy, get off the road, will you? You'd be mistaken as a bandit blocking the path like that."

The tension was palpable.
Mention: Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow

Attachments

• 1628600755857.png
    1628600755857.png
    811.8 KB · Views: 0
Please Yield To The Red Light
Nachtkrapp Hunters
E-Rantel Outskirts
"I was about to say the same thing to you, friend." Sanzo replied to the mounted beastman, noting how his hand was resting on the hilt of his sheathed rapier. Odd choice for a mounted guard but Sanzo guessed by the gear he wore that the beastman was a rogue. Even if Sanzo wasn't going to fight him, he already planned to use [Iron Skin] to catch any attempted strikes and possibly capture him as a human shield. Well, beastman shield but you get the point. Still, the use of [Evaluation] on the three guards showed them to be about the standard Gold Adventurer although with different strengths. The orc coach driver in particular caught his attention. High physical stats, would be good for sparring. But he digresses, the real interesting one are the ones in the coach. There is a powerful aura radiating from within. Even disguised, Sanzo could feel a... Well its not a killing intent but its a strong intent.

"My guess is... You three are merely hired by the ones in the coach, weren't you? Clearly someone who is that powerful wouldn't need guards like you three unless..." Sanzo's hand then moved, as if to go for his blade. "You were hired for your aesthetics."

High above them, Ichiro barely suppressed the snort she made when she heard what Sanzo said and the mild hollow thump of Nanaba facepalming their helmet. Still, Nanaba wasn't surprised by what Sanzo said. Its clear he was being honest while probing the caravan's intent but its clear a fight was going to happen if it continued on this path. "I'm going to cut in."

"Boss, wait." Ichiro simply gestured to her side and it dawned on Nanaba as to what Sanzo was planning.

"I can't say much but I understand that sentiment." Sanzo's hand reached for the small pouch next to his sheathed blade and pulled out a single mithril tag on a chain with a smile hidden behind his helmet. "I'm one of you, after all. I understand the odd whims of some clients."

"Nice thinking, Fatass." Ichiro snarked from her perch as Nanaba let out a small sigh of relief. This is good. Right?

"Anyway, I was heading back to E-Rantel with my compatriots when we sensed your approach." Sanzo started, stowing the tag away. "It would be nice if your client were to reveal themselves so we may decide if they are hiding any... Ill intent to a town we call home."

Right?

Damafaud Damafaud

Last edited:
Maintaining a Facade; They Better Not Poke Their Noses Where They Don't Belong...

alchemist-jpg.480168

Acles

Jaskier the Bard

Guard#1

Alegni the Warrior
Coach Driver

Zach the Rogue
Guard#2

Silence.

Inside the carriage, Alishia turned red. The spell she held wavered, threatening to explode at any second. Acles rubbed the bridge of his nose. Things had turned out to be a bit awkward. Of course, not that the others would know they had hit a nail on the head.

Outside, most hint of suspicion already melted off. A mithril-rank adventurer group couldn't be bandits, right? Zach and Jaskier exchanged uncertain glances, while Alegni maintained his silence. Truthfully, they had no idea what their employer wanted at E-Rantel. The awkward pause was only broken by a cough.

"There is nothing much to it, I'm afraid. The Young Miss has heard many great things about E-Rantel and so she has came to visit... we are tourists, in layman terms. As for having an entourage." The window of the carriage slowly rolled open. Acles peeked an indifferent look at the adventurer blocking the path. "Unbecoming rumors will be heard if it is known a lady is traveling with no other but a butler. Such rumors must not be allowed."

Unconsciously, Jaskier nodded. It made sense. For a lady to travel, it was socially more acceptable for her to be accompanied by a group. And safer. Take him and Zach, for example. They wouldn't had targetted the young lady if she had a group of guards protecting her. As for why she didn't hire adventurers through the guild... well, young lady who travelled alone with her butler certainly had her own circumstances to begin with.

Mention: Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow

Last edited:
The Tourist's Guide to E-Rantel
Nachtkrapp Hunters
E-Rantel Outskirts
"I see. I see. Well I see the merit in that. A lady should always have her entourage after all." Sanzo stepped to the side and whistled a bird tune. The leaves of a nearby tree rustled before a helmeted female with a strange looking cloak gracefully hopped from branch to branch before landing next to Sanzo. A large rifle slung behind her back but her right hand is resting on the hilt of a sheathed pair of shortswords on her hip. Even through the one way visor, its clear she's looking at the group with mild disdain.

"Well at least we don't have to fight these guys. Would have been a hassle." Ichiro then does a finger gun gesture with her left hand at Alegni. "I even had you in my sights, Mr Coachman. Bang~"

"Ichiro, that's enough." Nanaba's voice called out as they slowly lowered themself from the treetop with a wrist mounted grapple line. "Nice work with negotiations, Sanzo. I'll take it from here."

"You got it Bossman." Sanzo nodded, letting Nanaba step forward to address who he assumes is the butler through the open window. Smiling beneath their helmet, they extended their arms out to the side in a friendly manner. And to show their weapon is securely holstered in.

"Good day, Sir. I am Nanaba, the de-facto leader of the Nachtkrapp Hunters, a small adventuring party stationed in E-Rantel. It would be our pleasure to accompany you over to E-Rantel. Maybe even offer a tour around the town if that's more your speed." Nanaba paused to glance at Ichiro and Sanzo before giving a curt nod to them. Sanzo gave the ok signal while Ichiro's body language shifts uncomfortably.

"In order to gain your trust..." Nanaba reached up to grasp their helmet with both hands before lifting it up. A mop of messy hair flopped over his fringe and he gives a small smile. "Let us talk face to face. No need to hide our faces from people we trust, no?"

Sanzo just looks relieved at taking off his bulky helm while Ichiro's just shuffling her feet about. Clearly annoyed now that her helm isn't hiding her expressions.

Damafaud Damafaud

Nanaba (Male form)
fe21fe8d1a54f80ccad385e95a8dcec1.jpg

Sanzo
Hoederer.png

Ichiro
21305e43b13696bd3095f94e0f5fe8f3.jpg

Toads in Simmering Water; But the Water is Hot so Enjoy it for Now!

alchemist-jpg.480168

Acles

Alishia
A strange premonition came over Acles the moment Nanaba showed himself. When he spoke, Alishia leant toward the open window, also having a similar feeling. The spell she delayed dissipated harmlessly to the air. There was something with his gait, his voice, the way sentences glide from his tongue that directed them toward a particular direction. When Nanaba pulled his helmet open, the two occupants of the carriage knew their intuition was right.

He's good-looking. HE'S AN IKEMEN!

Acles kept his expression straight. "Forgive me for a moment, Sir Nanaba." He drew the curtain and closed the window. [Soundproof], a 2nd tier magic, had been built into the carriage. Still, people who could listen through the restriction would not get much.

[Companion Bond], a racial skill of Sentient Guardians which allowed secure voice transmissions between two individuals spoke as fast as the mind.

"My lady..." It's not good to be so high profile and be involved with high ranking adventurers.
"Hm." There's a hot dragonborn with arrogance and a real cute ikemen with long hair here! Our tour's destination is hot guys! There are hot guys here!
"What do you think of their proposal?" Hiding our identity for as long as we can is beneficial to that goal, Young Miss. It will be more difficult to tour freely if our identities are exposed. E-Rantel is the home of many races. Think of the variations and styles you can meet.
"I do feel they are trustworthy, but..." To the city, let them escort us to the city! And keep chatting with Sanzo and make him smile or shake his head so his hair...! Kyaaah! I want to see it!

A compromise. Knowing he could get no better deal, Acles responded with a tone of finality, "as you wish, my lady."

Alishia nodded. However, as Acles turned for the window, she tilted her head, as if she heard something. Outside, the three guards were chattering to break the silence.

"Iyah, what the heck? We're really just here for aesthetic like this."
"It is our luck to run into free Mithril Adventurers like this. The lady should also be much safer compared to just with us, Gold Adventurers-"
"Platinum."
"Pardon?"
"I'm a Platinum Adventurer. A projectile, I can handle."
"Whoa, scary, scary! Does that mean I can hide behind you in danger?"

Alegni gave a gruff response.

The window and curtains opened once more, the [Soundproof] array breaking. Acles bowed slightly toward Sanzo before retreating. From the carriage, a voice, clear and light, like the rush a new spring from a newly earthed reservoir, rang pleasantly from the carriage.

"It will be our pleasure, Adventurer Sir."

From the depth of the carriage, the outline of a female humanoid rose to the window. Her arms, smooth and unblemished by marks of labor, confirmed her nobility. They rested, folded, on the sill with unhurried movement. More of the woman could be seen. Her golden hair, the thin lips that brought spring early into winter when they smiled. Pity for her eyes, beautiful as they were, obscured by the green hood she wore.

"I will feel more comfortable with your guidance and protection," she said lightly.

Waiting, waiting, Acles' expression changed when Alishia smiled and retracted from the window without saying more. She was breaking her part of the agreement. When he hurried to change everything before it was set, Alishia strongly tugged at his arm. Acles stared evenly at her, waiting for an explanation.

Alegni likes Ichiro! Alishia's eyes were sparkling.

Acles was truly speechless. What on earth did his hot guys-addled Young Miss think of this time?

No, no, it's real. His gruff, cool, silent type shouldn't speak so much or care about the opinion of others, but this time, he took the initiative to say he is actually a Platinum Adventurer, even bragging a bit about how he could survive from a sudden ambush and not resolved to his fate like Ichiro said! Kyaaah! Guys like him is so cute when in love! Definitely will be too embarrassed to say the truth and will take a lot of courage for him to say it directly. We can't break away and lose this flag! Events like this is too rare in real life, too rare! I have to see this to the end! Kyaaaah, too cute!

...no, Acles truly didn't understand. He was an automaton, and he shouldn't be having a headache, but at the moment, he was feeling one. Alishia continued to sit by the window sill with her face half-revealed, looking dignified and elegant to all who peeked.

Unknown to the outside world, she was mentally squealing and rolling on the floor, shipping the quiet Alegni with the gutsy Ichiro. As for Algeni?

Bang...

Yup. He had fallen. Alishia was right for once.

Interaction: Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow

Briar

Creator_san was a bit more timid than he expected, as far as casual interactions were concerned, at least. Still she was quite interesting and Briar loved mysteries...

"Niche...?"

His assistant behaved strangely, with shifts in tone, behaviour, as well as ...color. Briar was shocked...

"Niche... you..." He couldn't believe it.

...Are a lot more interesting than I thought.

Briar was indeed a bizzare man. He watched calmly as Creator_san's assistant assumed a battle position, but Creator_san herself attempted a diplomatic approach by shifting to an appearance that, from how she put it, should have been familiar to Niche. Did they actually know each other? Why did Niche not remember her? A coincidental resemblance? No, otherwise Niche would not have been in such a volatile mental state. Amnesia? A more likely possibility, and yet something bugged Briar. In the meantime Aron was freaking out.

"Wha- What is this?" He was confused and frightened at Niche's behaviour. The pressure coming from her new form was suffocating.

"Relax." said Briar, as he put a wooden crown on the half-orc's head. A green light danced around the crown, causing Aron's emotional state to stabilize.

He then took out a strange medalion out of... thin air, same as the crown. At least that's how Aron would have seen it.

1631108195535.png

As he held his medalion towards "Niche", the pearl-like sphere in the middle was engulfed in a dark light. How curious.

"Now, now. Before asking questions it is polite to present yourself." Said Briar in a jovial manner as he placed himself near Creator_san, facing "Niche".

"You are not her. Who are you?" Briar's voice was suddenly deeper, and had an absolutely neutral tone.

Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow Haze- Haze- HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest

Last edited:
An Unexpected Job
Nachtkrapp Hunters (Hired)
E-Rantel Outskirts
"It would be our pleasure, Lady in Green. We shall accompany you until we arrive at E-Rantel. And not pry into your identities nor expect a fee. We are heading there ourselves after all." Nanaba politely bowed and smiled before turning to the other two. "Sanzo, Ichiro, standard formation. Sanzo cover the rear, Ichiro, sit next to the Coachman, I'll take point. Move out!"

"Got it, Bossman!"
"You got it, Boss."

The three Hunters slipped their helmets back on and took positions. Sanzo walking to the rear of the caravan, his left hand resting on the hilt of Motivator. Nanaba went to lead the caravan on foot. Ichiro... Ichiro just silently sat next to Algani and clutched her rifle while making sure there was at least a knife's distance between the two. Her eyes glued to the road ahead.

[Hunter's Link]
"Someone's in a bad mood."
"Yeah well I'm sitting next to an Orc."
"Well make some conversation. We may never meet these people again."
"Conversation? With this riff raff? I'd rather spend the whole day doing maintenance with Fatass."
"Ah so you do enjoy my company."
"Ah stuff it, Fatass."
"Stuff it you two. The Jaegermeister wouldn't want to see us squabble like this."
"Right right... I'll play nice."

"..... So. Do these escort jobs often?" Ichiro awkwardly asked Algani. The two other Hunters simply facepalmed into their faceplates.

Damafaud Damafaud

Burning Questions, Frozen Heart
Hammerdeep Caves
Niche & N-■■■
"......." "Niche" stared at Creator_san's new form. Their body language relaxed slightly but they still remained wary. In particular was the name Creator_san spouted, Nyamiko. Nyamiko, that name echoed in their mind. It was unfamiliar yet familiar. Like a pebble they casted into the ocean had somehow washed back ashore. Something once lost into the depths now returned as something barely recognizable. Still, is it the same?

"Nyamiko...." "Niche" repeated that name, their glare on Creator_san softening slightly but still ablaze with suspicion. "Is that really... my name...?"

"Or is this a trick...." "Niche's" eyes narrowed, their fingers flexing and curling. Their MP aura starting to flare up as they prepared whatever spell they collectively knew. "Trying to get me to lower my guard... To harm my Niche..."

"Master... Please..."
"Silence you. I'm taking control now. We shouldn't have come here. I'm furious now."
"But... We wante-"
"QUIET"
"You said it yourself... They probably knew us. The real us. They can fill in the blanks. Master please... Just listen to them... If not for me, then for your own curiosity... That Doppleganger looked like she knows us. And Mr Briar is worried about me. He can be trusted, we both know that."
"..... Very well.... But I will remain in control for now."
"Of course, Master. Take good care of me."
"Of course, you belong to me after all."
"Always."

"......... I wish I can answer that, Old Man." "Niche" seemingly calmed down, now standing up straight and was smoothening out the yukata they wore. The glare was still there but it wasn't as harsh or cold as the one earlier but showed more disdain and suspicion. "I can't answer a question I don't have an answer to. As for you, Creator_san was it?"

"Niche's" eyes narrowed as they stared at her, "I will give you a chance since my... Servant, seems to be particularly fond of you."

Azure Sky Azure Sky Haze- Haze- HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest

Re:Union

It worked.
I can't believe it.
It worked.

Now here's the hard part.
Making her remember everything.
I'll keep on doing it until she remembers.

I mustn't give up...

"Of course." Creator_san stands up triumphantly yet a solem frown is plastered on her face. "After all, We took care of dear Niche from way back before to the point that Iota and Her were like Siblings..."

Iota's eyes widen in surprise as if memories came flooding into her, despite of her expressionless nature Delta knew this revelation surprised her Big Sister Iota.

"Hey, are you alright?" Delta said while looking at Iota with a pint of worry.

"I am fine. But Niche is my other sister...?" Iota gazes at 'Niche'

"Yes indeedy dandy!" Creator_san twirls around and shifts to her most-go-to form The Military Uniform Girl. Her smug smile and energetic demeanor made apparent.

Creator_san.jpg
"Well. Technically Iota. She's more of a.. Sister from another Mother Type you know-know but I did help in designing her except that Nyamiko tentacle slapped me for going all out designing her..." Creator_san chuckles before turning towards the Automata maid. "Then again... that design ended up becoming you, Iota."

"What?" Iota stares at Creator_san with apparent confusion.

"Weeeeell... After tentacle slapping me She, I mean Nyamiko had me design another and Niche was made. The other one became you, Iota." Creator_san head pats Iota.

"But existential crisis later and let's focus on the thing at hand..." She said as she looks at 'Niche' "Don't worry I'm not here to harm anyone especially you. In fact it made it easier for me that you actually are here!" She said as she uses her [Summon Clockwerk Bot] to create two bots that shoots confetti in the air before desummoning them.

"In fact. I was thinking that after finding you I want to join you in whatever you're doing, I'm just here repaying an old friend before I decide on going out to see more of this world." Creator_san extends her hand towards 'Niche' while giving her a sincere smile. "Will you allow me? I don't need anything from you other than your companionship."

KYAAAAAH! ,,,nervous

Alegni

Alishia

Alishia barely registered Nanaba's smile (she still remembered to take a picture and sigh, just not mentally having a nosebleed) as she kept her pretense up and observed Alegni in secret. Never underestimate the instinct of a thirsty maiden! She knew there was romance here!

As the carriage started moving again, Alishia activated the option that turned the wall that faced the coach seat into a one-way window. She squinted hard when Ichiro climbed onto the seat. She knew it! Others may not realize it, but she did! Alegni noticed Ichiro's dominant hand and shifted aside so she could grab her weapon with more freedom! Don't think she didn't notice that lock of hair curling to the side, either! He usually had a few of them messily on his side, now there was just one aesthetically lying on the side for an asymmetrical flair!

"He is really in love!" exclaimed Alishia.
"Yes, my lady."
"I'm serious!"
"As always."
"I feel you aren't taking me seriously."
"Rest assured that I always take your order seriously, young miss, no matter how ridiculous they are all," Acles said with a blank face.
"Ah I see, that's fine then- as if! Doesn't that mean all of my orders are ridiculous?!"
"I plead the fifth."
"Who did you hear that from?! I'm not even american!"

Meanwhile, Jakier and Zach had more leeway to slack off with the Nachtkrapp Hunters guiding them. They rode to the left of the carriage, having a not-so-subtle discussion about the famous beauties of E-Rantel. Theirs was the only sound within the quiet journey apart from the clopping of the horses and the soft turn of the carriage wheels.

On the coach, Alegni was quiet as always, but not as calm as he used to. His heart was beating faster than normal and he knew why. He wanted to talk to Ichiro... but what could he talk about? He was out of the loop from recent adventuring news since he just returned from retirement... what news would interest a mithril adventurer anyway? He felt the lead rope in his hands turning slippery from sweat. He hadn't been this nervous since he ran into that ice wyvern three years ago.

"..... So. Do these escort jobs often?"

"No," he responded curtly before realizing this is a chance. His face was as stiff as Ichiro's. "Retired three years ago. Became a guild trainer... took this again because pay is good. And I want to move."
A pause. Looking for conversations topic.
"E-Rantel good?"
alchemist-jpg.480168

Interaction: Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back