• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Overlord: Who Said Craftsmen Could Not PK?

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Harvest
"More people turned up than I thought..."

Somewhere in the Midgard area, Guild Leader Ignis sat outside the entrance to the Harvest guild with a few other players, and some NPCs on standby. It was way past the glory era of the Yiggdrasil game. In fact, the game was about to close in a few minutes. Ignis, real name Yasuo Akira, reminesced about the past endevours of the guild with nostalgia. The raiding, the crafting, the boss battles, the pk... Great days! But...

"Alas, all good things must come to an end." He started his speech. "I... never was good at speaches, but I would like to say I really enjoyed today's harvest." it was a silly pun and one he'd say constantly after a fruitful gaming day. He had sent invites to everyone to hang out one last time before the game's closure. Some people came, and they were able to have a bit of fun. Ignis would miss days like that. He knew he would.

"On a serious note, I will miss this game and miss you guys." He fell silent for a short while afterwards. Just under a minute remained until closure. Then it hit him. He forgot, he wanted to show them all something. "I will go back into the guild real quick. There's one thing..." He did not let himself finish the sentence. Teleported straight in front of the treasury, let his guild ring in front as he recited the password, entered and went passed the Treasury Guardian, along with its subordinates. He searched for it frantically.

"Aha, here it is!"

10, 9, 8...

"Oh no!" With haste, he got out and put on his ring.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

"I will make it!"

0!

"Huh, I could have sworn the game would end. Maaan, can you belive it guys? We got trolled hard, hahaha. So this thing I wanted to show you... guys?" Everyone was already gone but...

Wait...

"Where am I?"

Other Players

Along with Ignis and his guild, other players would find themselves teleported in the New World at the same time, without their guild base however. Some others however, including the other members of Harvest, would get teleported at a different time, years after Ignis... This is their story.

Ace Cream Ace Cream HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest PlusUltra PlusUltra Glassred Glassred @Zeno Ori @Lettuce Damafaud Damafaud

Fabian Dul'aan

Joesph had just added the finishing touches to his passion project known as Tiny, when the game clock reached zero. To his surprise, he found he was still his character Avatar, Fabian Dul'aan, although the location was very different from the carved stone halls of Hammerdeep. The scenery seemed too real. Verdant green hills, and rocky outcroppings dotted the landscape. Hell, he could literally feel the sun on his face and the wing blowing through his beard. "What the fuck is going on...." He muttered as he tried opening his screens. To his surprised, they worked, but when he tried to call or even message any of his guildmates, the fucnction failed to work. Panic was beginning to seep in, when he felt a sudden wave of calm. Taking in his surroundings, he felt something alight on his shoulders. He was about to panic again when a voice entered his mind.

"Master! Thank goodness you're okay! Where are we?" The voice asked, it's tone sounding particularly feminine. Turning to gaze upon the thing that landed on him, he realized it was a cat sized obsidian dragonling. And not just any other dragonling.

"Alma, it is so good know you are well. As for our location, your guess is as good as mine." He replied when an angry huff and grunt could be heard as a large badger pushed past him.

"Good to see that you're okay Stanley! Oh, where are you Stanley!" The badger grunted, his tone dripping with annoyance and sarcasm.

"Indeed... It is good to know you are well my friend." Fabian/Joseph Replied crouching down to stroke the cantankerous mustelidae.

"So what in the fuck are we gonna do?! We can't just stand here with and do fuck all!" The badger growled as Fabian stood tall once more.

"Well our first order of business is to get a lay of the land, the build a shelter." Fabian replied before looking at the psychic dragonling "Alma, i'll need you to fly overhead and relay anything of note. Stanley, That outcropping there could make a good shelter if you could burrow in. We may not know where we are but we sure as hell will survive."

With that said, the two companions set to their tasks. As Fabian continued to fiddle with his options and abilities. To his surprise, all seemed to be working. He was about to test his gear next, when Alma's voice broke into his thoughts.

"Master, there are more people not far from us. Two of them! They appears to be lost. What should i do?"

"Hold your position, and guide me to her." He replied with a thought before taking to the air himself. It wasn't long before he spotted the obsidian dragon circling overhead. Slowing his flight, he gently lighted himself down with his blade in hand, the teeth on it whirring slowly. "You both from Yggdrasil too?"

Damafaud Damafaud

Adonai Elysium, Azerlisia Mountains
Supporting his head with a fist and scoffing, at this time still Hoshi swirled a glass of fake, pixelated wine in his free hand. Though he never drank any alcohol in real life, or could he in the game as a result of his incorporeal origins, he had still developed the habit of doing this during any major social occasion. It appeared that his recluse from the cruel world which had humiliated his sister years prior was coming to an unceremonious end, and that he'd have to find a new escape from its drab reality. The culmination of his work, as well as of those present or not towered over him, a currently daunting legacy which too would disappear with the mere ticking down of a countdown, as if it never stood at all. Harvest, one should have expected that its life would end as nothing more than a mere memory.

Though among the physically present, the gjenganger swordsman tuned out most of the guild leader's speech. He was an admirable man, sure, but nothing that he said could alleviate the solemnity of the situation. Money, time, effort, even the memories would fade with age and no reminder would be left for the future generations. If some symphonies were to remain unfinished, YGGDRASSIL's was perhaps never written at all. There, Hoshi's thought process stopped. He chuckled under his breath, mocking his own mind for wandering to such unnecessary places. In the end, whether his reprieve left an impression upon anybody else or not mattered little. He was exaggerating like always, he thought.

Just as he had awoken himself from his stupour, Ignis randomly teleported out of sight. What his intentions were remained a mystery, as the clock slowly approached zero. "Tch. There he goes," the ghost muttered and closed his eyes, anticipating the inevitable forced log-out. However, as the timer ran out and an internal farewell was given, something rather unexpected occured. Instead of finding himself back in his small, industrial room in an apartment building in Japan, the howling of the winds rocked him to his feet. His eyes opened to the sight of a foreign city, surrounded by forest. Not only that, but this view...

"From atop a mountain?" Indeed, he was newly situated on a vast mountain range. A whole new slew of thoughts raced in loops around his cranium, had the game not shut down after all? What was this place, and why? Thankfully, he wasn't alone, as a few of his guildmates littered the snowy ground below their feet. "Oye. Hell is this?" He spoke, a light irritation evident in his voice. "I don't remember being scheduled for a "get lost on a random mountain" update, so it'd be nice if..."

Again, he stopped himself. Perhaps an error occured in the system and the world had experienced a temporary reset? That was possible, albeit rather stupid. The mountain sloped far, far down to meet the woodlands around it, and the city truly resembled nothing that Hoshi remembered. With its strong walls, it cascaded up in red-roofed layers towards a marble castle centerpiece. A castle of uncertainty, that was. "Can somebody contact a GM or something? I can't feel it but I'm pretty sure my head is hurting."

PlusUltra PlusUltra Ace Cream Ace Cream

Mache

How many years since she played the game? Five? Six? It didn't matter, because all of her progress would vanish soon. Leaving her with nothing but wasted time. She remember her mother telling her to stop playing the game because she spent an unhealthy amount of time on it.

"I will never forget the friendship we make here." She replied solemnly towards Ignis' speech. She really did, afterall she didn't have any friends in real life. Even as the game started to lose popularity, Mache found herself unable to move to another game. She closed her eyes and counted down the closing of the game.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1...... Byebye world.....

Mache opened her eyes and found herself somewhere else. The surprise was visible on her face as she gawked at the scenery in front of her. She stayed like that for a few seconds until Adonai asked someone to contact the GM, in which Mache snapped back to reality and started attempting to open the menu. Unfortunately no windows pop out even after she tried several ways to access it, hand gesture, voice command, staring at the space. Her voice getting more panicked with every failed attempt and she sounded like she was about to cry.

"It's not there. The menu is not there!"

Glassred Glassred PlusUltra PlusUltra

Hello, World; I'm a Traveler from Another World
4503451319102f8f4ced2afe2c7e3918.jpg

Alishia
Why am I in another world again
Unknown Highlands
alchemist-jpg.480168

Acles
Hm, interesting
Unknown Highlands
"Tell me this is a dream."
"This is a dream."
"Oh, thank god."
"But this isn't really a dream, Missus."
"Then stop giving me false hope!"

Acles shrugged, indifference. A reaction that caused Alishia to twitch her eyes. All of these small, natural actions and subtle changes in expressions got to her. NPCs weren't supposed to be able to do that. Not even player avatars could. But there she stood, talking with Acles and receiving actual answers. That, added to things like the sense of smell and touch, a foreign environment, and how she could not log out, led Alishia to one conclusion. She had been transmigrated to another world.

"Well, whatever," Alishia decided to forget all the implications of being transmigrated. "can you fly up there and see what's around?"

"As you wish, Missus."
[Fly]

The automaton lifted off the ground and activated his-

"Wait wait wait!" Alishia interrupted Acles before far. "Come back down! I want to try something!"

Acles complied. He stared puzzled as Alishia told him to stay still as she circled around. The next thing he knew, he felt arms wrapping around his neck. His hands reflectively supported the new weight on his back. "Alright, let's go!"

"...if only your mother can see you right now, Missus."
Ignoring the cries of protest from the person on his back, Acles returned to the air, going higher and higher up. The pressure around his neck tightened, but it was nothing to the automaton. He activated another skill, [Vantage Area Scan]. A minimap appeared in his mind, giving him a rough estimate of the terrain below. A frown creased his forehead. The area matched none in his database. No, going deeper than that, the immediately surveyable biomes had little overlapping species with any from his database. It was like they moved to another continent... or as his missus said, another world.

"Hey, hey, Acles, can we get down and be ready for trouble?"

Deep in thought, he answered absentmindedly to the question, "Not to worry, young miss. My [Terrain Map] shows no obvious hostility in any direction."

"Ah, I see, so it's no trouble then- as if I can be calm like that when someone's flying here! Look at that! He doesn't even look like a wizard and he flies!"

That got his attention. Acles snapped to attention. A dot had flown over from the distance. Too late, they were still in the air when the figure got close by. While he sensed no hostility, he still cast [Greater Haste] and trained wary eyes on the dragon and the unknown man. Fortunately, a threat was not imminent from the his words and his missus' response.

Meeting someone who knew about YGGDRASIL brightened Alishia's mood. "Yess! You too? We're both transmigrators, then! I'm Alishia and this is my partner Acles. Are you also new here or were you here years before me and there's a time-lapse? Settings like that are rarer, but not unthink of. Do you know why we are suddenly here? Did you meet God or some wizards that did the ritual to call us here?"

Interaction: HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest

Last edited:
Fabian Dul'aan

Fabian looked at the woman confusedly as she asked him if he had met God or some wizard. This wasn't some LitRPG scenario, where you make a deal with the games final boss, or accept an offer of adventure like in his favorite series Chaos Seeds. No this was some right anime Isekei bullshit. Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, he looked at the woman with a small smirk. "No. No gods or wizards that I know of. I just got here a few minutes ago. All I remember was finally finishing my passion project when i suddenly found myself here, with Alma, and my War Badger Stanley." He replied as the cat sized Dragonling took up residence on his shoulder as he turned to take off once more.

Looking back over his shoulder he spoke once more. "Since were stuck here in this world, it might be in our best interests to stick together. Follow me. Stanley should have a basic shelter dug out by now." He said, before once more turning forward. With a mental command, a pair of metallic and crystalline wings unfurled from his back-plate, before he once more took to the air, Alma using him as a springboard to launch herself as well into the blue yonder. The two began to circle overhead waiting for the two to come to a decision. Honestly, he hoped they accepted his offer. Strength in numbers, plus, he could only deal with Stanley so much.

Damafaud Damafaud

Something Something
Tags: Ace Cream Ace Cream Glassred Glassred Azure Sky Azure Sky (Open)

Kh5kNkY.png

Where is Something? A question asked many times by those who knew her, and those who knew her by the countless aliases. It wasn't as simple as checking a friends list, given the frustrating ability to alter their own location or online status combined with the multiple profiles that forwarded to the same individual it was often like looking for a needle in a haystack that might as well just be a straw itself. For those who looked, it appeared she was currently in the Rings of Akhaten, Tojo City, Developer Island, The Moon and the Grassy Knoll all at the same time, but In truth, the only way of finding her reliably was through a chance message if she wished to be found or sought out the individual themselves.

This had been how she had always been since starting her time in the grand game, a similar case in her real life as well but never to such an extent. Though to answer the question for the moment she was in fact amongst the rocks of Midgard mountains surrounded by a variety of forms with instruments, several notable players went within the game all appeared to have been gathered for a final strange performance as the doomsday clock of this world ticked ever closer to midnight.

Several figures danced, Several played like a festival among the ruins with Somebody at the center spinning around and around. However, as the time drew closer figures would start to vanish and fall over with their numbers ever-dwindling, departing in digital fragments as the ability that maintained them ended. The process continued until there were only five remainings and the music had long since died down, Somebody speaking with a sad smile "Quintet" another figure vanishes "Quartet" another "Trio" one more "Duet" and then with a final figure gone there she was all alone, giving one last sigh as the time hit midnight her eyes closing finally.

"Solo"

This was when she was expecting the game to turn to darkness and slowly remove her headset, what she did not expect however was a whole new surrounding and sensations. Somethings eyes were snapped open again by a sudden chilling sting, the sensation lasting for a moment before abating though that was the least of their concerns as their minds themselves burst forward as entirely new yet with all the memories she had shared across each in a distorted and bizarre sensation that forced their hand to the back of there head attempting to disconnect her headset and yet finding nothing but hair.

Something was very very wrong like their mind was scattered across their entire body with constant echoes of her every thought yet also each being far sharper and faster than she was used to, and that was not even getting started on how their body itself felt. Everything was just so...wrong and yet normal, senses and sensations she couldn't describe, literal eyes not only behind her but also across her entire form like she was tiny squirming but also whole. All this was before she even started to comprehend just where they were or the fact she couldn't disconnect, the fact the smell and feel of the world around her was as if she was walking around in real life. Their name...Their name was, They were Something Something, no they were Jane..all of them was Jane... wait for all of them? They were one person, no they were many people, hands come up to her head as they try and comprehend what was happening and what they were along with a rapid flood of information that made their heads spin.

They only now realized the almost frantic breathing that had been going on, a sensation across her entire body pulsing as it expanded and contracted, trying to focus the breathing slowly slowed as the new being she was tried to put things in order, no easy task as in addition to her own issues she also had the sensory overload of everything around them including the individuals around her. It took several moments but she was starting to adapt, pushing aside the concerns, for now, to focus on a single task, itemizing it all slowly.

Taking note of the people now around her, each person revealed far more information than she was used to, the details only increasing as she looked further, taking in the slightest curve of their facial features, the exact shade of the eyes, hair and so much more. No, she needed to keep it simple for now, file the rest away, and have some of her other minds handle that while rest focused on the simple stuff. Their location was a mountain, there were several players in their immediate vicinity.

Ok, we have what is around, now we have that what are we going to do? We need information on our circumstances and what is happening, the others look confused as well and they are thinking....similar questions at the moment as to the nature of the change so keep monitoring that while the rest of us think further. Ok so these thoughts were from the players gathered, what to do....ok we need to act composed and together, game time with the usual activities.

Taking another slow breath Something stands up straight with a faint smile to their face as they spin around on a foot in an almost dancer-like fashion to face the Players "Well we...I do think Kansas is a distance away no? Given everything here, its easy to tell things are far more real and the normal overviews, menus, and heck even log offs don't seem to be a thing, oh and that interesting scent and sensation? If I knew better I would say this is real among other things, though I shouldn't need to explain all the obvious no?" The tone was in a playful sing-song as they strode around slightly, keeping an eye in all directions. The fact their thoughts were split up in such a way really was strange but the fact it was also starting to feel natural was strange too, though they were unsure if that was a good or bad thing, for not it was useful in the very least. Even as distressing and freaky the entire situation was, best to not let them know and or show just how close she herself was to losing it completely

The light dancing steps continued, the real reason behind such was Something really needed to familiarize herself with this new body as, like her thoughts and sensations, the movement itself was instinctual and normal, yet bizarre and alien at the same time, quite hypocritical indeed. Moving a leg was as if moving a thousand parts of the leg at once, each thinking about the way it should move in a step she was still trying to understand how she knew how to make. All I all, things were weird and she was sure they would get weirder but she wasn't about to stop dancing.

SweaterSaint
Tags:
Ace Cream Ace Cream Glassred Glassred Azure Sky Azure Sky (Open)
WhtXRhK.png

Leaning back in her chair the tired form ideally swirls a bottle of wine as she looks across the various monitors, gone were the normal low cut dresses or cosplay in favor of a baggy sweater and unkempt hair though fortunately for her the camera was off this time, she wouldn't be caught dead like this otherwise. Clicking through the various top streamers of the newer games she couldn't help but show a scowl of jealousy and resentment...that should be her, her streams used to top the lists with her legions of subscribers but noooooo now shes old hat with this other tramp getting all the attention instead, the cash cow she had in YGGDRASIL dead in the water and hours away from poofing entirely...and with it the last little bit of notoriety other than "oh yeah she used to be a thing". Taking a deep drink she throws the empty bottle to the side with a pout and throws the game headset on her head to log into the game one last time.

Loading in the epitome of glamour and beauty took in her surroundings with nostalgia filling her mind, throwing on her various outfits to parade through one of the settlements receiving the torrent of pre-scripted compliments and looks from the gathered NPC's pandering to her ego...though gone were the players or real people. It's not like she needed them anyway, she was awesome and the rest were just pretenders, she would be back on top soon anyway. Raising her staff in the air she slams it back down in the air with a wave of light, gradually reclining back as the game time ticked down, a colossal decorative throne being summoned atop a giant staircase allowing her to tower over the mass of walking data below taking it in for one last time.

Just sit back and take it in with one final deep breath.....10, 9, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1........and Shut.....

The girl never got the sentence out as one moment she was in the chair, the next she felt she was plummeting downwards causing confusion to meet her features "This....is not the logout screen, The air feels different too.....wait, feels? since when could she feel in the game?...." opening her eyes she turns them downwards just in time to see a giant mass of rock to break her fall, crashing down with force yet somehow still managing to make the fall look graceful. The next issue was the temperature and wind of the mountains blowing her outfit and hair to the side "COLD COLD COLD COLD!.....THE FRICK IS GOING ON?! ERM...FRICK? THE HECK?" Looking around confused and a little too addled to think the feel of the dress billowing, the weight of her...hair amoung other things, something was very wrong, trying to pull up a menu to no avail.

Ok ok calm down now, think this through....maybe this is an update?....minimalist new Hud?...no the game is being shut down and nothing in the VR would actually give a feeling right?. Running her hand across her smooth skin before pinching definitely confirmed it was real, well for the game, she didn't look like this in real life...heck she wished!. Karen continued to check herself out, stopping and putting too hands under her chest and lifting before turning around to take it all in "Well the weights not an issue and i can walk fine...so maybe i fell asleep?" raising the staff again to look it over, spinning through the air quickly before catching it and tapping it down summoning the chair once more, albeit a smaller one without the rest of the extravagance she leans back to try and gather her thoughts and maybe come up with some understanding on her current predicament. Ok so the server shuts down, you appear in the middle of nowhere, your working around in the body of a p....adult entertainer. Stopping she thinks about it again, a p...exotic performer......the hell was with this? ok your tired and not thinking straight...forget it, first confirm your if you're in the game or not.

Looking around in front of her before leaning around the chair to look behind she makes sure there is nobody there, after all there is one thing she knows she couldn't say in YGGDRASIL no menu, no filter shes not in the game. Taking a deep breath she gets ready to say it, the one word she could never say......."NIIIIIIIIICE PERSON!" freezing and blinking, Ok something was seriously wrong, she needed to find someone to help explain this....I mean the game was full of NPC's one of them would have an update on it right? heck maybe even if she's lucky a player?. After several more moments of silence and thought she nods to herself she gets up and starts to walk forward soon noticing another inconvenience "Several tabs of shoes and i left my character barefoot...." the rough stone making walking not the most comfortable, unknowingly to her their defensive values at least protected from the damage of the ground or loose stones as she walks in hopes of finding something at least.

Moving with her signature sway and style was definitely a new experience now it was actually her doing it, she noted a lot of her movements were instinctual without the need to keep up the act for an audience which left her starting to experiment with a few different movements, jumps and more as she investigated the familiar yet alien form "Well for all the stat buffs i suppose that kind of support isn't exactly a thought for the developers designing cosmetics"

After a short while, she finally took notice of the other players looking similarly lost with exception of the dancing purple spider, familiar faces at least....well not as familiar given how long it had been since she last logged in. Before she realized what she was doing she had already closed in on Mache, wrapping her arms around them in a hug and petting her hair "There There, Mache-chan....Its going to be ok" before turning her attention to Adonai "Well something is definitely wrong Elysium-kun, I don't think this is an update but i have faith we will figure it all out"

Mache

"T-thank you Sweater..." Mache took comfort in Sweater's embrace and hugged her back for a few seconds until her panic subsided. The warmth of someone else was something she rarely got in real life, not because she was not loved by her family but because she avoided it for some reason. Wait, warmth??? Upon the realization Mache noticed that now she could feel more than Sweater's warmth, but also the mountain's wind, the cold snow beneath her boots. It's like she was in real life...

"Huh." Mache pondered about her discovery and extended her hand forwards, reaching nothing in particular until a black portal opened up. Her item box. She pulled out a muffin and sniffed it.

"The smell is amazing." She eat it and was dumbfounded by the snack.

"It's taste amazing!!!" Being hugged and eating the muffin seems to had lifted Mache's spirit to the max as she now stood in joy.

"We're not out of the game yet and still have some of our in-game functions... Anyone want some soup?? For some reason we have tastebud now." Mache pulled a pan from her inventory and started to cook soup right there. She had all ingedients already so it should be easy for her. The pan heated by itself and before long a delicious aroma wafted on the air as Mache invited the other players to eat. Now the reason why she picked soup was because it provides ice resistance buff to the eater so hopefully it would help keeping the cold away.

Glassred Glassred PlusUltra PlusUltra

Adonai Elysium, Azerlisia Mountains
Adonai's lip curled upward as he observed the scene unraveling around him. He was never going to panic in the first place, but somehow everything felt extraordinarily dull, like it had no colour in the slightest. Something's stipulations made close to zero sense aside from the omnipresent comments about menus, what scent were they talking about? Irregardless, the ghost tried his own hand at swiping through a menu, which was rewarded with absolutely nothing, radio silence. He planted his face inside of his palm, almost growling in exesperation. "Is this some kind of twisted joke? Are the developers mocking us now?" As in the plot of some ancient, cheap animated show, they were definitely stuck here for the moment.

"Sweater, Mache... You're not really making any sense, you know that? Also drop that honorific, it's annoying," the enchanter paced in a small circle as he spoke, half-way present and half immersed in thought. The offer of food flew over him, of course. Even if he wanted to, game mechanics wouldn't allow such a thing, unless of course those were broken entirely. For the sake of testing, Adonai sat on his knees in front of the smoking pan, sighing and subconsciously reaching into his inventory to pull out a shortsword. Though an extremely unorthodox method of consuming soup, all he wanted to know was whether he even could in the first place, and so he submerged the tip of the blade into the mixture. "Sorry, only instrument at my disposal."

The next moment, he was gently stuffing the weapon into his mouth like an inexperienced sword swallower. As expected, he tasted nothing of the food, but something still wasn't right. Instead of being given the expected error message, the liquid simply fell right through his body and uniform, splattering onto the alabaster snow. Needless to say, unusual behaviour for the game to follow. "Right," Adonai began again, "running one more test, look elsewhere if you would."

With that said, he pulled out another weapon from inside the tear in reality which now served as his inventory. Rosary, a curved, ornate blade newly sat tightly in his grip, designed specifically to slay spirits such as himself. Without hesitation, he plunged it into his shoulder, driving it so deep that the grip stopped at his metaphorical clavicle. An overwhelming pain rippled throughout his entire being in response, a searing sensation powerful enough to cause him to curse out loud and toss the weapon aside instinctively. Taking a few deep breaths to calm down, the gravity of the situation had made itself perfectly clear. He wasn't not feeling things because he was playing a game, rather the reason behind his obliviousness was that... he was actually a ghost.

"I hate to make such a 180° turn and possibly sound crazy but... no, I don't think we're going home anytime soon. The rest of you should probably eat up and try to Message our missing guild leader, I'll scout out the area for now, just to be safe." Adonai posited, picking up Rosary once more and disappearing past a grouping of snowy rocks. Truthfully, his interest laid less in making sure everyone was safe, and more in fully calming down to be able to return to his usual self.

PlusUltra PlusUltra Ace Cream Ace Cream

Hello, Stranger; Allow Me to Introduce Myself

Alishia
alchemist-jpg.480168

Acles

"So it's that kind of setting..." She answered absentmindedly. "In light novels like this, usually the culprit is the force of the world, so we should take it easy now."

Stanley the war badger did not surprise her. YGGDRASIL had over 600 playable races and the options for NPCs and companions were even more open, so she was not too surprised by the choice. Tall Tree had all kind of roleplayers in its heyday. A war badger was not the strangest thing she had seen. Acles held Alishia up with his mouth shut. He was content with following whatever choices she made.

Unsurprisingly, Alishia agreed to the offer with a nod. "That sounds good. Oh, right, what's your name? Did you stay in for the last countdown, too? And what's your build? I'm an alchemist and Acles is a... ranger?"

"Scout should fit the term better, Miss."
Acles followed after Fabian and the dragon. He kept checking his [Terrain Map] as he went. To map uncharted land was a must for a traveller. As for being a scout, he had been constantly casting [Area Scan] to detect immediate danger to their area.

"Yes, that. We're both level 100 but not that good at fighting. I'll say Low-mid tier on the meta? I don't do PvP that much. What about you- ow!"

Alishia's words were cut off by Acles' sudden halt. Before she could voice any complaints, Acles said seriously, "A high-level individual with unknown intentions is heading toward us. I'm sorry to trouble you." He gave a slight bow toward Fabian. "I apologise for troubling you."

While he rather not had his young miss explained all of their secrets to a stranger with unknown goals, he could not deny the crucial part she shared; They were no great fighters. In YGGDRASIL days, they spent most of their times exploring areas and searching for ingredients. If they met PKs, their only option was to run... now that was something they were good at.

Acles held onto the [Greater Haste] spell on his tongue. Although a bit embarrassing, he was glad to have his young miss on his back at times like this.

Interaction: HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Azure Sky Azure Sky

Fabian Dul'aan

Fabian and his companion Alma kept their speed at a brisk pace, as to not leave their newest companions in the dust as they soared over the lush and hilly landscape. Upon hearing the woman's questions, Fabian was all but too eager to answer and learn more about her as well. "My name is Fabian Dul'aan, formerly leader of the Hammerdeep Guild. And yes, I stayed for the countdown. Was just about to activate my finest golem when this bullshit happened. As for my build, I am primarily a crafter, and army builder. Though i can hold my own in a fight, be it melee or ranged. Just not too handy in the combat magic department."

Upon hearing they were practically non-combatants, despite their levels matching his, he felt all the more better about having them along. Another Alchemist could prove very useful. He was about to answer her on his PVP exploits when her companion came to a sudden halt. His words made his face drop into an expression of concern. They were almost to the site, where he would rebuild too. Growling in annoyance, he gently lighted down to the now rocky and less overgrown hill. "If what you say is true, stay behind me." He said as Alma once more latched onto her favorite spot as he drew a masterfully crafted Autoblade, the name Mauler Inlaid in what appeared to be Star Silver.

"Come out you! If you mean us no harm then let us talk peaceably, if not, take no steps further if you value your life."

Damafaud Damafaud Azure Sky Azure Sky

Last edited:
Something Something
Tags: Ace Cream Ace Cream Glassred Glassred Azure Sky Azure Sky (Open)

Kh5kNkY.png

Taking a further series of experimental movements Something's eyes never leave Adonai, even when she cartwheels to take note of her newfound body with several unnatural twists from their hand. "Oh I don't know about that, but it's not like our little dystopian corporatocracy is going anywhere so let's forgo finding that yellow brick road to take stock of the potential that this is in fact a reality, to reject the old and substitute what seems to be a far greener one...be it magic or perhaps a dying vision flashing before our eyes we might as well enjoy it while it can last." what was perhaps slightly offputting was no matter how the girl moved there was not a single sound from her feet.

"
As for our illustrious firey pinhead, my little webs and birds don't appear to be twitching within the guild halls, and then there is the minor issue with the fact a menu system for selecting a target for the said message is unavailable therefore we might have to send out an SOS the old fashioned way if at all" Finally approaching the edge of a precipice to the side of the mountain section they were on she looks down and around, a strange glow emitting from her eyes when for a moment there seem to be many more pupils than normal. The higher vantage point did allow a vast view of the area and the emergence of several spiders appeared to be ejected from her sleeve over the edge as she continues to look for several minutes, descending down on the silken webs. Far beyond where they stood they could take note of various signals as the vision seemed to pierce beyond the mountainous mists to a vast forest and more.

"
Hmm well as for that SOS there are few smoke trails within the forest, the odd lake....and beyond it all a stone wall with towers which may in fact be a city.....So that does give us options, but still needing to stretch my legs before I figure out what tricks I can still spin in this place, So either we make a camping trip or start a quest through our new starter zone."

Ergo- A Chill Slime
1613325237911.png

A plain white-haired man appeared from behind a tree in the leafy forrest. He looked incredibly composed, and casually walked towards the strangers, analysing each one from head to toe. "Eccentric." was the only word that came out of him. It was his first oppinion of the small group, with the exception of Acles, but he did not mention that aspect.

"Fear not. I am merely a researcher of nature." He said on a neutral tone. No emotion could be read on his face. "I mean no harm, if you mean me no harm. And when I say me, I also include my interests." A few mushrooms and sunflowers grew around him as he said that. He was obviously referring to nature.

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Damafaud Damafaud

Fabian Dul'aan

Fabian eyed the practically Albino man carefully, before finally clipping Mauler back to his hip. "We may need to use a few trees for our projects, but i can promise no deforestation." He replied still on guard but not overtly hostile. "If I may ask, where are we?" He said with general concern, only having been in his guild crafting hall not twenty minutes ago.

Stanley the War Badger

Not far away, the sound of rock and earth being moved filled the air, along with a dense cloud of dust and debris as Stanley burrowed into the rocky hill, his claws and Destructive gaze carving into the stone and packed earth like it was wet clay. After about fifteen feet in, the massive badger managed to open up a hidden cavern, with large deposits of Corundum, iron, and ruby. "This aught to make Fabian rather happy." The badger grunted as he began to carve it out further, leaving the finer work for the bearded bastard.

Damafaud Damafaud Azure Sky Azure Sky

Nearby Azelisia Mountains

While the Harvest members where having the most surreal experience of their lives, in the forest near the mountains, a group consisting of a half-elf mage and also archer, a female human knight, and a male human druid were fighting off against a couple of gigantic trolls.
1613335445342.png

"Hey, guys, remember when I agreed to the troll slaying quest?" The half-elf asked.
"Yes, Malt, we remember..." The female knight answered on a deadpan tone.
"What about it?" The druid asked sarcastically.
"Punch me next time."
"We will." The two answered in unison. They had severely underestimated the regeneration and brute strength of a troll.

1613335957074.png
"Humans tasty, Fu!"
"Yes, Lu."
"But humans annoying, Fu."
"You are right, Lu."
"Food should stay dead."
"Don't squash 'em. Me no want meatballs again, Lu."
"But I am so damn good at it, Fu!"

"Psst... let's run while they are busy chatting."

[Maximize Magic: Flash]

The half-elf threw a sphere of light at the trolls, which generated a powerful outburst of light, temporarily blinding them. He and his team members faced the other way and ran while they had the chance.

"The food is gone, Fu!"
"Where are you, Lu?"
"I am here!"
"I can't see you."

Smack!

The trolls accidentally hit one another.

"Something hit me, Fu!"
"Me hurts, Lu."
"The food hit us!"
"You bastards, show yourselves!"

Whack!

They hit each other again...

"Good thing trolls are idiots! Haha."
"You're damn right... Seriously..."
"Wha-"

1613336900701.png

"An..."
"Ogre?"

[Roots of the Earth]

Vine spurted from the soil beneath the adventurers's feet and entangled them.

"Gaaahh!"
"L-let go!"

[Beast Form]

The druid escaped by transforming into a gigantic bear.

1613337594799.png

[Fortress]
[Ability Boost]
[Greater Ability Boost]

The ogre used martial arts to boost its abilities then...

[Rock Rush]

A barrage of rock blasts to hinder the druid, followed by a quick left jab to the chin, then a right hook. The druid fell to the ground and resumed his human form as he fainted.

"T-this ogre can speak the human language, use magic, and martial arts?"
"That's insane!"

"How rude... Ahem. No hard feelings. We just wanna have lunch." As he said that, a group of goblins appeared from behind, with cooking utensils. Meanwhile, the trolls recovered from the temporary blindness and where approaching as well.

"Damn you!"
"I may die, but I am taking at least one of these meatheads with me!"

"By giving us indigestion?"

Glassred Glassred Ace Cream Ace Cream PlusUltra PlusUltra

SweaterSaint
Tags:
Ace Cream Ace Cream Glassred Glassred Azure Sky Azure Sky (Open)
WhtXRhK.png

Letting go of the Angel Sweater stops to look at her arms for a moment, sure she used to play the saint but she really was rarely so familiar with people of her own conscious choice outside of that, though the scent of the food did really draw herself over to sample such herself and a giddy grin crossed over her features at the taste and a new revelation. *I could eat whatever I want now diets be damned! bye bye Kale, Hello sugar, fatty meat and enough deep-fried goodness to make a Scotsman blush!* The giddiness however was soon washed away as strange energy washed over her and brought them back to a serene if sultry expression and relaxed demeanor to the point even the confusion of the sudden change was having a limited impact.

Though Adonai was right about the messaging, taking the suggestion and starting to attempt such spells she was, unfortunately, meeting a minimum success. Clearing her throat she steps forward to put a hand lightly to her chest "Be that as it may, it does appear that the messaging function is not particularly active at the moment, either by some sort of block or simply the skill not being particularly effective with the change I fear I can not say, While my own contact list was considerable" Considerable to the point she had needed to get the player limit expanded and filtered "It would take a great deal of time to attempt to contact all of them even if I could access the window, so the message all function is not an option either....but do take heart i believe our illustrious leader did share my own curse of being incapable of inconspicuousness, so locating him should not prove too difficult given time....that is to say if he was present during the transfer and also effected by this bizarre phenomenon" Taking another breath to continue Sweater however was interrupted by a voice from the ledge.

"Well if we want more people there are a bunch of noobs down there that might have a word to say, well provided the ogre doesn't squash them" Smiling to herself it appeared Something had caught wind of something, a faint twitching of her finger as down below a spider the size of a fist was perched upon a branch surveying the scene. That did get Sweaters attention, skipping to the side with her hands to look down at the scene though being somewhat obscured by the mist "Are you sure? I am having trouble seeing...." the purple lady turns with a grin "Might want to get a closer look then, though we really should test if things like fly abilities still function first" and with that a firm push shoved Sweater forward, her hands outstretched as she falls off the Cliff and shot down to the area below "Try flapping!".

Rushing downwards at great speed the scene did soon become apparent, though her current focus was on attempting to find some form of landing as the wind blew everything upwards. Sure a flight spell would likely have been the most appropriate but either by chance or instinct that had not been her choice, instead of enchanting herself with feather fall to slow her descent just above the scene. Falling softly with the sun at her back she did have some time to think now and could clearly see the group in peril just as she landed softly on her feet atop an adjacent rock in the area, staying silent for a moment a she gathered herself once more "Fear not my Children, for no life shall be consumed this day as this humble servant of the people shall lend you divine favor and deliverance....." her Aura's out in full effect causing them to almost shining in divinity, which in combination with the sun to her rear only added to the effect. "I would beseech you, great ogre, to forgive whatever trespasses and those who have trespassed against you, and so release these people...in exchange for more suitable sustenance in fair exchange?"

Mache

"Don't worry Something, fly is still function like normal." Mache demonstrated it by flying in front of Something, right on the spot where Sweater had been shoved. She looked down to see where Sweater had landed but the mist was thick enough to block her vision so her only choice was to go down.

"I'm checking on Sweater." She said before diving down off the cliff. It was quiet a way down and if this was a real life she would already be worried about Sweater for falling from such height. She landed forcefully next to Sweater's figure, splashing dust in all directions.

"I heard something about sustenance exhange. What is hap- ah, ogre!! Ah, trolls! Ah, goblins!" Mache displayed a surprised expression as she spotted the various monsters surrounding the adventurers. She looked at Sweater, then at the adventurers, then at the goblins carrying kitchen utensils.

"Ah, sustenance exchange! I get it now." Reaching into her inventory, Mache started to pull out piles of dumplings from her inventory and dropped it on the ground. The dumplings let out an enticing smell.

[Meat Dumpling++]

Regular meat dumpling, cooked to perfection by high class chef. restore HP and increase HP regen for a short period. Other than that, Mache also add one unusual buff to the dumplings: pacify. It fills the eater's mind and belly with satisfying feeling, allowing Mache to drop unwanted aggro or even tame monster without taking beastmaster class. Mache always carry these dumplings in her inventory to save time when delving into dungeons.

"Eat up, eat up! You too, adventurers. Eat up! There's enough dumpling for everyone!" Mache's smiled widely and gave Sweater a thumb up.

Azure Sky Azure Sky PlusUltra PlusUltra Glassred Glassred

A Fellow Traveler? Don't Do Anything You Will Regret

Alishia
alchemist-jpg.480168

Acles

The answer eased Acles, though he remained silent behind Fabian. The researcher looked as harmless as he was, but it was, regardless, wise to be cautious. If the researcher had some fighting experience, there would be no way to tell from just appearance. While he kept his guard, Alishia had another idea.

"Hey, do you have a screen capture function?" She whispered to his ear.

"Miss?"
"He looks handsome."

"..." Your brevity never fails to surprise me, Young Miss
"Oh, since when can you use telepathy?! Don't tell me you can read my mind too!"

"That feat is impossible to done discretely, Young Miss."
As he continued to banter, Acles activated another skill of his, [Silent Magic: Discern Enemy]. The spell was useless against enemies of higher level, but that was never an issue. The feedback he received caused his eyes to flash surreptitiously.

"Wait, so you CAN read my mind! I tell you-"
"I jest, Young Miss. I am not capable of learning spells from the psionic tree, after all."
Unlike someone who has the psionic tome.
"Oh, shut up!"

Without skipping a beat, Acles turned to the handsome researcher to say, "The Young Miss is a respectful forest witch. Do feel free to ask for our help if we cross path again in the future."

"Wait, what?"

Handsome.
"Yes, yes. We are strangers to this land, so we will intrude upon your sanctuary. I will offer my help if needed."

Acles thanked his young miss for her quick uptake. Now he needed time to tell Fabian and the others about how this researcher was around their level, too.

Last edited:
  • cropping.png

Wandering past a windless clearing indented between two peaks of stone, Adonai sat down upon a smooth boulder buried in snow. He crossed his legs and placed a hand below his chin, paying no heed to the ruckus happening somewhere among the slopes below. Quite frankly, it didn't rouse his interest or excite him to the least, much like everything else around him at the moment. As he had noted earlier, the very colour had drained out of the world, leaving it an amorphous grey slurry of dull proportions. Aside from irritation, the emotions too had faded from his mind to an extent, though he had taken this fact for a boon up until now.

While the others dealt with their newfound friends, the ghostly boy in uniform ruminated further action. Accepting that there was no current way of returning home, perhaps another familiarity could offer help in their predicament. Arriving from this line of thought, Adonai reached into his inventory like before, exchanging Rosary for a small gemstone of pink. The hexagonal prism glistened in the sunlight, reflecting back the many golden rays in beautiful tints and colours. Carefully, it was brought up to Adonai's ear, activating with a small chime when almost pressed into it.

「Soulbound Message」

"Helleborus. This is Adonai, do you read me?" Asking such questions of NPCs was relatively pointless, as they weren't usually programmed to respond to anything other than simple commands. Still, it felt right do to for some reason, like popping bubblewrap or stepping on fallen leaves in autumn. Adonai found it funny, how a tiny thing like that managed to break through the monochromity. However, just as he was about to issue the intended command, a voice spoke back to him unexpectedly.

"Yep. I read ya, whoever this is. You'll have to excuse me if I'm being a bit cautious, but big bro has been missing for some time now. I'm something of a prudent businesswoman, so I don't trust what I can't see, y'know?" Weirdly enough, the voice held no distinguishing qualities whatsoever, explaining the lack of trust from the other party. More pressingly, that conversation wasn't meant to be allowed in the code. Whatever, he thought. At this point, he had learned to accept these wild eccentricities.

Last edited:
Ergo- A Chill Slime

"Very well. Here is a token of our non-aggresive, agreeable relationship." A bouquet of blue flowers formed in Ergo's hand as he extended it to offer to Alishia. The flowers were glowing and releasing sprinkles of light. A teaching he learnt from his creator, even though he left his side, was that one should always have flowers ready for women.
07bf40e6f082607ed5ab00a45d88441b.gif

"As for where you are... " Ergo explained that they were in a field between two kingdoms: Roble Holy Kingdom, a human state, and Carpe Diem, once the area where the Slane Theocracy resided, a state that values freedom of thought and expression, that accepts most species, be they humanoid, demi-human, or heteromorphic, in which Ergo himself resides.

If they are confused of their whereabouts, they either messed up a teleportation spell, or like in my case, are not from this world... Ergo put two and two together.

Or they may be lying. He was also very circumspect.

Damafaud Damafaud HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest

Ignis

Right... what now?

Indeed, what? Yasuo thought the running of the Baharuth Empire was inefficient. As a former accountant specialised in cost management, he liked to think he had some business acumen, if nothing else. So he proposed changes in his own special way. Did he come out too strong? Certainly, when the Emperor came to him trying to build a friendly relationship a few years ago when he one-shotted that lame group of low level dragons, he did not expect all the attention and royal treatment. They were level 50 at best, for crying out loud.

[Flashback]
"I can consider it, but frankly if you want to have an Empire left, you should really reconsider your administration."

Hmm... now that I think about it...

The country was better off now, but did Ignis really want to rule it? One could paint it beautifully that he was only a consultant, but the fact was that they were treating him as something far beyond. Wasn't it fine though? The world he came from was on the verge of dying because of extreme polution and scarcity of resources. Evergrey, everboring. With his experience, he could teach people not to fall down that path.

Or make an example out of them if they refuse...

Seriously, his thought patern changed a lot over the years. He became less and less empathetic, and less and less interested in the value of life, especially human life. The end justifies the means, was it? He never thought he'd agree with Machiavelli.

[Message: Yo!~ Ignis-paisen! Helleborus speaking, hoping you can forgive her interruption!]

Ignis's thoughts were interupted by a sudden Message spell. Helleborus? That was unusual.

[Message: Someone just ringed me claiming to be my brother, permission to investigate?]

Her brother? Ah, yes, yes Adonai. How nice of him to call...
Eh?

Ehhhhhh?!

Moments later, in the area where Helleborus was located a small flame formed. And it expanded, and expanded, then came to a halt, disappearing from sight, leaving only smoke. From that smoke, Ignis emerged.

"We will investigate together. If it is Adonai, great! But if it is someone's idea of a joke..." The air became incredibly hot as Ignis's eyes became embers of flame. He was like that only that one time in a few years ago, when a neutral portion of the land became scorched earth. Good thing Ergo was there to...

The air returned to normal, as did Ignis's eyes.

"Let's go, Helleborus. Lead the way."

Glassred Glassred

Last edited:
Fabian Dul'aan

Fabian gave a slight bow to the being before him in thanks for the information before reaching into a pouch on his belt. "I know it's not much, but thank you for your time and the information" He said placing ten gold Yggdrasil coins in the man's palm. Mere pennies back in the game, but hopefully enough to satisfy the man. Turning to leave, Fabian said over his shoulder, "Feel free to find me again, I am always happy to pay for information. just name your price friend."

And with that, he began to make his way on foot, back towards hopefully the beginning of his new home. That overgrown weasel better not have collapsed another cavern... He thought as the sounds of rocks grinding against rock could be heard, along with a faint tremor in the earth nearest the outcropping.

Azure Sky Azure Sky Damafaud Damafaud

Safety in Number but What Kind of Script are We Playing Anyway?!

Alishia
alchemist-jpg.480168

Acles

Alishia visibly blushed at the offered banquet. She climbed down Acles, who hastily cast the spell [Fly] before she made a fool of herself by crashing to the ground.

"Thank you. They are beautiful."
They looked so magical. Glowing flowers were not rare in YGGDRASIL, but this was her first time being able to feel them and smell their wonderful scent. If gentle light could be touched, she reckoned it would be just like this. She took the banquet with a curtsy. It was a pity, but she couldn't give anything in return. She had only the most precious ingredients and equipment filling her slots at the last moment of the game closing and she didn't know if she could gain more of the materials just yet.

And so, she looked astonished when Fabian handed several pieces of YGGDRASIL gold to the researcher. Once they were back on their way to their temporary base, she pestered Fabian with questions, "why did you give him gold? They have YGGDRASIL symbol on it! We still don't know if we can get more of that kind of gold around here, right? Isn't it wasteful?"

"I would agree with your judgement, Miss, but the researcher was worth it."
Acles hummed as he shared his finding. "The researcher's level was in the range of 90 to 100. He is quite strong, even by the standard of YGGDRASIL. It is wise to show him favour."

"What?"
Alishia felt like she just misheard. A random herbalist they met in the forest was that strong? Aren't transmigrators supposed to be super powerful? Shouldn't they be able to do what they wanted and dominate the new world with the exception of strong demons and the like?

"I feel like someone messed with the script..."
she muttered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back